Chirpchirpchirpchirpchirpchirpchirp

>chirpchirpchirpchirpchirpchirpchirp

EAT MY ENTIRE ASS THIS ISNT THE SOUND I SIGNED UP FOR

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oTJfY7mZPUM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Let me guess, tiny turbo and 100% atmo BOV?

Worse, NA and these cars have a cricket chirp sound audible at low RPM/idle depending on your fuel. Lot of people recommend ethanol free gas

youtube.com/watch?v=oTJfY7mZPUM

Ethanol free and it will stop. Stick with top tier gas, you'll be fine.

Shouldn't you be running high octane anyway in these?

>needs premium
>still sub-200 horsepower

The correct terminology is "shit-tier engineering."

its exactly what you signed up for

12th month of driving mine with only shell premium and haven't had any crickets yet

also toyota/subaru just released a TSB for cricket pump issues on 12-16mys so if you take it to a dealer and can demonstrate the noise they'll replace it with the new fuel pump that doesn't have the issue

Literally an ethanol issue. I can reproduce it on mine whenever I poop-tier gas.

Only fill up at Shell station by my place, Haven't heard it in months.

Honestly for an n/a 4 cyl 200hp on 93 octane isn't terrible. And it's not like it's cammed to hell and back, there is some room to grow. I plan on a mildly upgraded FA20 as my future 818's powerplant, no heat issues from the turbo to deal with but not nearly as weak as the EJ series N/A engines.

>selling my old car
>friend is pushing like hell for me to get a toyobaru
>says me wants me to get one so I can get into the car club he's in
>they call themselves the noisy crickets

The problem is that it's putting out like 130hp and 90lb-ft tq with that premium gas for most the power band.

Premium gas is $10 more a tank here, I wouldn't dare put that in such a shitbox

Ok, so what is the motivation to buy one of these?

>chirps
>200 horsepower even
>no room
>not fast
>looks like hot garbage

Why?

ITS ALMOST LIKE BOXER ENGINES ARE INHERENTLY BAD AND SHOULD GO THE WAY OF THE WANKEL HOLY SHIT WHAT A CONCEPT

>nothing is stopping them

>muh low center of graviteh

is stopping them

Depending on the state you live in, the ethanol lobby may have their tentacles so deeply in your political system that ethanol free gasoline is 100% unavailable at gas stations.

So this...is the power....of Subaru.

I have not encountered an ethanol free gas station in over a year.

I'm in NC and don't have many ethanol free to choose from myself, but top tier stations have kept the chirp away for me.

The only time I've found ethanol free it's 90 octane.

the veloster turbo makes 200/195 from a 1.6L turbo and still doesn't need premium.

I live in Iowa and every other gas station has ethanol free 87.

Fill up with shit gas, then go to the dealership and get the upgraded fuel pump for free. Why wouldn't you?

>Lot of people recommend ethanol free gas
Top Tier has a 10% limit on total ethanol. That's important if you are buying higher octane gas because some places add more ethanol to boost octane. Ethanol has a higher octane rating than regular gasoline.