tradingeconomics.com/united-states/inflation-cpi
usinflationcalculator.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Do you know what inflation is?

>daddy what is inflation
tradingeconomics.com/united-states/inflation-cpi

Fuck off its only $14000usd

usinflationcalculator.com/
Luxury Car Tax doesnt apply to 'work vehicles' so they make luxosuv's and overprice the shit out of them

>same truck would cost $14000 today

a ford truck cost minimum $25k

over regulation and homogenization

$298 in 1922

Gas was also less than a dollar a gallon, a can coke was less than 50cents, and ~30k was considered middle class..

Back then, for the most part, a truck was just a tool you used to get something done, they were basic, just what was needed to get the job done. Nowadays, they're daily drivers and people want all the bells and whistles on their trucks. Leather, entertainment systems, monitors in the head rests, plush carpets, all that B.S. So, that's why some of them cost as much as a house....

Does anyone still make a barebones truck?

>That guy that financed $280

Toyota

Every truck has to be able to tow a house and have four doors and luxury features or it isnt a """"real truck""""

>inflation
>truck/suv boom in the late 90s till 2008.
>trucks got bigger
>government regulations
>Japan's economy popped. No more cheap compact trucks made in Japan.

The 1990 truck is slimmer, smaller, and has no dumbshit infotainment systems in them. It also has a smaller engine and basically everything compared to modern trucks, which is huge and will obviously have higher price for everything.

The comparison, from the beginning, was flawed.

Do not post in this thread.

Taco is fucking shit

bent chassis between bed and cab, because fucking C rails instead of box rails.

The real reason why Japan stopped sending light trucks to the US was the Chicken Tax.

It's what made US car makers to make shitty trucks because they had no competition.

>literally that stupid

Inflation would still put that truck at HALF the cost of the current trucks.

But back to the adults, today's trucks are bigger, have tons more options, have bigger engines, and are much nice. Though I think they are very over priced, there is a reason they are more expensive than the old trucks.

and why we don't have Mahindra trucks.

Bigger, haul more, more technology, demand. You can get a tacoma for 24k sticker price.

Ford and Dodge don't make compacts anymore because they got soccer moms and others used to buying the bigger, more expensive, more profitable full size. So no reason to make a smaller truck.

LOL these pieces of shit exist in australia along side real trucks like the hilux
nobody buys them. market share is pretty much nonexistent. people only buy them because paired with tax breaks they are cheap as fuck and literally disposable (they usually fall apart after a few years anyway).

back in July of 1993 what is known as FCA today re-revolutionized the pickup truck from being something boxy, barebones, and just enough to get the job done to being more stylized, cozy, and with many luxurious amenities, therefore making pickup trucks more expensive even relative to the trade weighted value of the dollar

if you told someone in the 80s that someday you could get pseudo wood trim, seven cameras, and a hifi audio system in a pickup truck, they probably would shit themselves

airbags tho

oh sorry i meant jdm not rustmerrican

yeah they'd go "jesus, Reagan is right, faggots really are going to make everything lame and girly"

the only wood in a pickup should be lumber in the bed.

Trucks are also 3x bigger now, all the materials needed to make the massive mommy mobiles cost a lot

>having a comfy and nice looking truck is for faggots
???

Says the faggot who likes wood in his ass

>if you told someone in the 80s that someday you could get pseudo wood trim, seven cameras, and a hifi audio system in a pickup truck, they probably would shit themselves

There are a lot of things we're shitting bricks over today. You're definitely right about the truck, or luxury amenities in basic bitch transportation in general.

>what is inflation?
>what are safety features?
>what are emissions standards?
>what are amenities like AC, power locks, windows, decent stereos?

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to get a modern indestructible shitbucket truck with modern safety features, but minimal amenities, but apparently there isn't much of a market segment that is interested in that.

Safety features are the biggest component.
By far.

Believe me I know, and I'll gladly pay for it.

I bought a 2014 outback with under 1k miles on it from a repo auction. Got tboned by a drunk on a cellphone doing an estimated 40-45. Gap coverage got me just shy of a brand new one, and I walked away with no major injuries. Got 2 stitches on my nose from the airbag shoving my glasses into my face, but the fact is, I walked away from a crash that most likely would have seriously hurt me, if not outright killed me in an early 90s car or truck.

Never going back to body on frame. I'll deal with the ikea bumpers needing to be replaced from love taps any day of the week. Thing is, I don't need a good sound system, or even very comfy seats, in my truck. I use it to haul shit a few times a month. For now I've made do with a frankensteined minivan that I've basically turned into a transit van. I ripped the back 2 rows of seats out of it and tigged a wall behind the front row, and then had someone rhinoline the interior. It's ghetto as fuck, but it's safe, and was very cheap.

bring back small pickups

bankers, greed.

Too many electronics.

My loaded, super cab, long bed, F250 XLT Lariat, 4x4, 351, E40D cost $20,271 new in 1990.

That's $37,444.43 today, which would buy you a low grade F150 at best.

On the flip side, that F150 would out tow it, get better fuel economy, and ride 5 times nicer.

lol u mad at your broken down cheby?