Look, listen guys. I don't usually browse this board, but I've come to you for help.I just bought a used 2004 honda crv...

Look, listen guys. I don't usually browse this board, but I've come to you for help.I just bought a used 2004 honda crv. Paid 46 hunnid. Stick shift, handles like a dream, like it alot. Just one problem. Recently, I opened the hood just for the fuck of it (I don't know the first thing about motors, just wanted to look inside) and when I closed it, it wouldn't close all the way. Just didn't latch on. I tried looking up the problem online, but got nothing. Just jewtube tutorials for civics and other Hondas with the same problem. It's a simple fix, but my hood latch looks nothing like the others. I went on forums even crv specific ones and couldn't find anything. Literally what the fuck? Do you guys know anything? If not I could take it to a mechanic, I just don't want to pay for something I could do myself, even if it's a temp fix that I have to repeat. This wouldn't be such a big deal, but I live in a town with a meth epidemic and I don't want any shit smokers stealing my battery.

Pic related. Me and the ship.

The latch isn't hooking to the striker. Slam it really fucking hard and see if it closes then. Order a new hood latch and striker assembly from Honda.

Its a mechanical fucking latch, not alien supertech, fucking look at it

Looked at it several times. Doesn't seem to fix the problem. Any other tips?
Fuck, I don't want to fuck it up more. I'll try if I have no other options.

Picture of the latch? I have the same model crv

>looking at it doesn't seem to fix it.
Keked out loud.
>I don't want to fuck it up more
You couldn't possibly fuck it up more if it's already fucked mate.
Try locking and playing with the latch with your fingers. Move it back and fourth and lubricate it with some grease. See if that helps. Also check if it's tightly bolted to the beam it's bolted too.

Holy shit slamming it worked! Thanks, bby. You did what google couldn't. On the downside, I now see that the hood is uneven and pops up a bit from the driver's side. Could this mean it's been crashed? The dealers showed me the vehicle history (some carfax alternative, don't remember the name) and it had a clean bill of health. Could they falsify the information?
It's cool, dude. I fixed it. Thanks though. Anyway, how do you like it? Will it last me a while?

Have you got the K20 in it? If its uneven, just needs adjusting, uncommon but not proof of accident damage. Have to slam the shit outta my Civic hood as well otherwise doesnt shut.

I honestly don't fucking know dude, sorry. I'm not a real "car guy" like you guys. Grew up with a single mom. All I know is it said i-vtech on it. And that's cool, I'll try to adjust it. So long as I don't need any fancy, expensive tools for the job.

You grew up with a single mom and did not spend literally all your teenage years wrenching shit for her or fixing broken stuff?

I'm jealous now, hated being a teen husband

It's lasted me like 12 years, only problems I've had Is the power window switches and window motor shitting itself

It's lasted me like 12 years, only problems I've had Is the power window switches and window motor shitting itself

GIRL CAR

Lol, mfw OP just wasn't slamming it hard enough.

Yeah its got a K series (K20 or K24), its the only ones with i-VTEC. Good car.

You're just jealous of a handsome young man and his new suv.

That deadly jdm tint

What

no tint on front windows but back tinted
pic related

I drive a rav4.2.
May be a girl car but fuck me if it isn't a good one.

>handles like a dream
ha
Own one too, they handle like a newer, larger and shittier jeep CJ-3, but you cant choose when to use 4x4

Its detuned right? or does the auto tranny just kills any power it should be making, CR-Vs do not feel at all they have any where near over 170hp

>Recently, I opened the hood just for the fuck of it
And checked the oil, right?

reminds me of my car
>pop bonnet
>top of cylinder head is covered in greasy old oil
>check oil
>almost on the low mark
>put a liter of oil in
>repeat a few weeks later

How the fuck does the top of the engine get full of oil? There are no gaskets or anything pointing up for it to leak there.

Nigger are you fucking retarded?
Have you ever heard of a valve cover?
Also
>liter
>bonnet
>pointing "up"
Jesus Christ
Kys