Is it legal to remove the doors from your shitbox and drive it on public roads in the UK?

Is it legal to remove the doors from your shitbox and drive it on public roads in the UK?

100% illegal. Because retards cannot operate machinery in public spaces.

Why the hate?

It looks like it would be pretty fun, even if it was incredibly impractical

Also should of mentioned it is hard to find a definitive answer on google for the question.

Legal? Yes (jeeps)
Stupid? Yes (cop will pull you over and ticket you got unsafe equipment anyways)

just put a wrangler badge on the back & the authorities shouldn't bother you.

maybe get a jeep badge for the front as well, because everyone expects jeep owners to do autistic shit like that anyways.

>hurrrr muh jeep thing

I'm talking about cars with non removable doors, e.g. ford fiesta, is it legal for them?

Would that really work if you have a something like a fiesta?

Also I know it's highly autistic/impractical, but I want to see what it's like. I have the windows down 24/7 even at 80 mph since I like the noise/wind/sensation of speed.

i don't see why it wouldn't work

if shit gets sketchy for some reason just turn around and head home carefully

just get one of these
the doors slide backwards and you can legally drive with them back

Alright user, thanks.

Unibody cars count on the doors to be part of the actual structure. This is one of the few times where a convertible would make you look like less of a faggot.

Thanks user, but I'm looking for a car.

Noticed this as well which has similar doors, but (apparently) it's shit.

I have looked at convertibles, my shit box is on its last legs anyway. I'll probably get one when it dies.

Around here you need need chains instead if you unmount the doors. Of course in reality they won't make a crap of a difference but on paper they prevent you from falling out. Maybe it's a similar thing in the UK.

t. Germany

Thanks, I'd be fine having some shitty chains on the doors if it meant I stayed within the law.

y tho.

looks ugly af

Wind/noise/sensation of speed.

Technically, yes, as long as you don't leave sharp edges and shit everywhere, and provided your insurers are notified so your policy remains valid.

If you do a terrible hack job with a circular saw and tin snips, you can be charged with 'use of a vehicle when its use involves a danger of injury to any person'. It's an old, poorly worded catch-all, but it can carry a £100+ fine if you fall foul of it.

ah so.

why not get this? 127 mph with nothing around you.

>sensation of speed

Then get an actual fast car, you mongoloid.

>UK

Just fucking jog if you want the wind in your face, it'll feel faster.

>>>/dbt/

Good luck finding a J7 in England.
Mk1-2 Transits and Bedford CA and the Commers all had sliding doors.

Thanks, this was really what I was looking for, couldn't find the answer on google.

I guess I'd check with my insurer how much the cost would increase by before doing it aswell.

Hard to maintain
Unsafe (I know this is very ironic when I'm removing the doors on my car)
Looks unstable, as if it could topple

Looked at getting a caterham, but they're way too expensive.

It's all the factors combined I like, I have the windows open absolutely 24/7.

>tfw too much of a pussy

I'm sure I'd love one though, and could put up with it being impractical

>he doesn't go absolutely mental on country roads during non-traffic times

B roads are best roads. Hell, even something like the Fosse is fun, thanks to the hedges and hills.

>Looked at getting a caterham, but they're way too expensive.
get a westfield

Still too expensive, I'm absolutely broke.

Thanks anyway, I'll try and get something similar when I've got a bit more cash.

Depends on where you are and such

My best guess would be that removing them is in a grey-zone for most of Europe, while removing doors with airbags in them is probably not legal

Airbags thing makes sense, thanks.

I think I'm gonna ring up the DVLA tomorrow.