Why does everyone on this board ignore truth and flat out lie to protect their shitty make/model?

Why does everyone on this board ignore truth and flat out lie to protect their shitty make/model?
I dont get it.
Just accept that your shit is shit.

Why would I deny having a rattletrap 80s mustang when that's part of its charm?

I do, I do.

I want a new car, and I can afford one. But I cannot for the life of me find a car worthy of purchase that doesn't suck less than my own.

Cars are a dying species in the USA, and the remaining models are old or meme shit.

If you want rattles, buy a civic. At least its not a shitty mustang

Confirmation bias

A lot of folks dont want to recognize that they could've made a better purchase

(((You)))

Exactly what i mean.
Enjoy denial

Exact same thing here. My car does what it needs to, gets me from point A to point B without any trouble and gets ~17mpg which is okay. Any alternative I want is just going to do the same thing but look better, and probably just require maintenance

American cars in general have fallen so low. I have no opinion on the current trucks but besides those it's basically SUVs and MPG focused cars which Japan does much better anyway. If you want an AMERICAN car you buy a truck, an old project muscle car, or one of these lines that carry the name of old makes yet had their balls cut off yet can't even maintain a good look. In other words all the good American cars are old and full of problems or extremely expensive.

I'm not a huge American car guy from the start but all I've seen from the old ones I liked is that they have slowly but surely looked more like normal coupes before being cut from production

This car sums up the downfall of American cars.

This car sums up why the GM bailout was a good idea

Post purchase rationalisation and thinking their shit doesn't stink.

>hint: it does

Yes

i agree
not many people here have fast cars

You know thats not what OP meant
Fast doesnt mean good

Most of Veeky Forums seems pretty honest about the fact that they own/drive shitboxes.

The arguments are generally over cars Veeky Forumstists have never driven and will never own.

Not really.
Most the time you say:
>car has problem
No it doesnt faggot
>post link to problem
Oh whatever moron, youre cherry picking
>post link to 1000000000s of the same issue and tsb and recall info
Dude youre such a troll. Fuck off and stop lying.

Every argument I've gotten towards my car is either "it's a piece of shit" or its some type of attack on my personality/lack of Veeky Forumstism knowledge.

I've never seen a legitimate reason for why my subjective opinion of liking a car is invalid.

>pic related, still waiting for that valid argument

While i myself dont like mustangs or ford in general. And admittedly poke fun from time to time, will admit that they dont have major issues.
I didnt enjoy working on them. Or looking at them. Or sitting in them. Or driving them.
So i dont own one

>
>I didnt enjoy working on them.
Really? I find it significantly easier to wrench on than my last car (Cadillac). Just wish I could clean the injectors with 4 hours of headache.

The app I'm using is retarded. Sorry.