Dodge trucks may not be the most reliable but they are the best looking

Dodge trucks may not be the most reliable but they are the best looking.

Shit grill

lolno

The old grill was much better.

Nigga, the new RAM looks tacky as fuck. Like it was factory riced.

>when half your tailgate is your brands logo

As for as I know, the Ram truck was the first time that a pickup truck was considered to be "comfortable" and not for just farmers or scrappers. This lead to them being used in place of vans and larger SUVs for fleeting.

Also, RAMs are not the most reliable. But so aren't modern F-150s or Silverados.
We'll never get under 300HP (high torque, low speed) American V8s anymore. I have mixed feelings about the death of American reliability in favour of "comfort" and chickens.

WRONG

>When you have to show your trim level on your entire tailgate

2bh I like it.

They're making them comfy as fuck too. I can sell a lot of people on a ram over a Chevy/GMC just on the interior alone. Folks love all the new chrome pieces as well.

Big Horn edition has the best interior. Higher trims just start to add useless tacky shit.

>spamming your trucks name all over the truck

Ewww

New F150 is just as ugly, Superduty's are even worse

I bet you drive a debadged Volvo 240

I love Dodge. They're fucking kings of excessive cars.

That's very nearly the oldest thing in truck design.

>tfw they don't make this style anymore

is that supposed to be good looking?
i love trucks but American trucks just try too hard. whats with all that shine and cheap crome?
and that front end just looks way too massive, and it doesnt have any ground clearance because of that
they are just made to make sure people in the car in front feel small or just notice that a huge building stopped in a red light
>pic related, a more capable, cheaper and reliable truck

Nice tin truck you got there.

Except its still uglier than American pickups, and not necessarily more capable.

If you want reliable get something older.

I dunno dude. Ive got a 2000 ram 1500 no issues so far, and you always see landscapers beating the shit out of them, but they're still chugging along

That probably costs as much as a loaded superduty here. There's a reason why Toyota's aren't used as fleet trucks here, they can't handle the abuse. Also how is that thing supposed to tow my 20k lb toy hauler?

>platinum badge
>is not really platinum

the shitty reputation comes from the shitty transmissions they had for about a decade and still have in the 3/4 and 1 tons. now that the 1/2 ton only has the ZF 8 speed they are pretty amazing trucks. the 1 ton also has an optional Aisin 6 speed but i don't know shit about it so can't say if it's any good or worth the extra cost

>more than half

Dunno about the RAM's specific example, but Aisin boxes in general are usually heavy duty.

Wouldn't mind this if it matched the same color as the truck.

That is tacky.

>Tfw not enough cars have brown interiors
Always fucking black

How are the zf 8 speeds dodge uses? Since theyre using the 8spd on most everything, even the 300 i believe

I dunno, brown is slowly starting to re-appear in cars again. "Saddle" and "Caramel" colored brown that is...

have a 2014 and it's pretty impressive really. having 8 gears takes a little getting used to and it's kinda rough at first because it needs some time to "learn" and adjust to the way you drive then the shifting is very smooth

some people have had issues with it being jerky when coming to a stop which seems to be a software issue causing it to downshift into 1st too early. mine did it for the first 8k km then suddenly just went away and now at 62k km i've yet to see it pop up again

honestly the interior is what got me looking at the truck but the 8 speed is what sold me. the 1st gear is pretty low so lots of power to get a load moving especially if it's combined with the 3.92 axles. there's also a bit of manual control where you can set it not to go above a certain gear which helps if it starts gear searching while towing and is also the only way to disable the multi-displacement system(hemi only i think) without a tuner. i've never had to use it as the truck so far has been smart enough to always pick the right gear even when at max load and dealing with hills. the transmission is also capable of extreme shifts such as going from 8th right to 1st which really helps when you hit a hill and need to drop 2-3 gears

as far as i know the ones they are using in the cars and jeeps are actually Chrysler built with a few changes made so that they didn't have to retool. early versions were apparently prone to issues but as far as i've heard those issues are mostly gone. the trucks only use transmissions built by ZF but i believe as of 2015 mostly from their new US factory while the earlier ones came from their German factory

Neat, thanks brah. I mostly heard about the jerky issues with the chrysler 200 which has a 9speed zf.
I thought they outsourced all the zf8's and just reprogrammed them to suit their needs? Either way im liking their lineup of v6/8 rwd maximum comfy barges

read up on it again and apparently Chrysler only builds the 845RE themselves which is in the 300 V6, charger V6 and the V6 trucks. the Chrysler version is based on the 8HP45 with some modifications so they didn't have to spend the money to retool. i guess if you bought a one of those vehicles you have a chance to either get the ZF version or the Chrysler version just depends on the supply at the time.

It'd be fine if it wasn't so tacky.
>Wtf Italy, you're better than this.

The fords look like shit. I even dare to say the new bronco as well.

The new wrangler truck has the best aesthetic imo (if it doesn't get changed).

Word you're right, thanks again friendo

Tell me one reason not to get an Cooper

its a gay man's civic

I'm surprised some obnoxious redneck hasn't fashioned a "nose ring" ornament that hooks into the "nostrils" in the Ram grill.

The one thing I see people using Ram trucks for more often than Ford or Chevy is dragging those fifth wheel car haulers around. I don't know if it's that the Rams are easier to find with a regular cab/short bed/dually, or if they prefer the Cummins engines for that purpose.

A real Hilux could probably hang with the big 3 in terms of utility/durability, but they don't sell them in the US. the trucks that Toyota makes for our market are inferior to what the rest of the world gets.

>real hilux
Yea that's true, just like the nissan patrol.
Middle east and other countries have a ton of customization for the suspension alone. not to mention its just built better for, im guessing, the harsher conditions/abuse

>Also how is that thing supposed to tow my 20k lb toy hauler?

Whats with Americans and towing?
You really think you can't tow a trailer with a Hilux?

You should learn a thing or two about towing before posting something as stupid as that.

>Implying a regular hilux can tow 20k

Wew lad. You're underestimating how much power American trucks have, and you're overestimating what the hilux can do.

that piece of shit is only rated for something like 5500lbs. my fucking car can tow that

>Brosifine

>my car can tow 5500lbs
Bullshit asshole, you should learn a thing or two about towing before posting something as stupid as that.

>You're underestimating how much power American trucks have, and you're overestimating what the hilux can do.

The current 2.8 Diesel Hilux puts out 300ft-lbs at 2k rpm. Thats more torque than the average American Gas V8 had until very recently.

How do you think people towed shit 30 or even 20 years ago?
Don't answer that. Its clear nobody ever towed anything back then because it wasn't within their truck's capability.

not the other person, but in the 70's when people had body on frame sedans and station wagons... yeah, they pulled large RVs with their cars. Hell some of the cars themselves were 6000lbs like a 76 lincoln with a 7.5l v8

forgot my picture.
the trailer if the lowest equipped model was nearly 4500lbs off the lot. Then people add in their clothes, food, other items...

the 1991-1996 Buick Estate (Roadmaster in some places) is rated at 7000lbs towing if you have the dual sway bar rear end and complimentary weight distributing hitch.

in short, its possible someones car can tow 5500lbs

>americans mad a toyota with a 4 cylinder diesel is better than their overweight pavementcrawlers

top heh

>Caring this much about what us Americans think
Why? Do you not feel important? Need some attention?

he is overestimating jap cars like all jap car fans, makes me sick to see retarded comments like this and hilux is straight disgusting. american are kings when it comes to making trucks, too bad I can't justify dodge ram purchase in yurop becouse we don't need trucks like this

you saw you lost your internet fight fag so of course you have to protect yourself with stupid memes

it's a scientifical fact that ram fans have the smallest dicks

aww is someone mad that his jap scrap is literally outclassed by a fucking car?

likely true, i drive a Ram and have a 5.5 inch cock. i'd bet nipper fans are smaller tho

gmt400 master race

>truck
>good looking
The fuck is up with all these truck shitposts tonight?

Nobody gives a fuck about what trucks look like. They all look like complete shit designed for hauling.

It's like caring about the aesthetic of your fucking suitcase-nobody gives a shit.

>it's like caring about the aesthetic of your fucking suitcase
You know there's a massive market of designer luggage, right?

This is the best answer you faggots are gonna get

You know that doesn't mean anyone gives a shit about your suitcase, right?

>my car can tow 5500lbs
>Bullshit asshole, you should learn a thing or two about towing before posting something as stupid as that.

Tow package box panthers are rated for 6k, and I've towed more than that on many occasions.

Still, I'd rather tow with my F250.

who gives a fuck what other people think? what's wrong with buying something YOU like? am i just supposed to buy the ugliest shit i can find simply because no one gives a fuck what it looks like?

My 80's SUV can tow almost twice that, with more power to boot.