/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, November 29th:
903 – The Abbasid army under Muhammad ibn Sulayman al-Katib deals a crushing defeat to the Qarmatians at the Battle of Hama.
1394 – The Korean king Yi Seong-gye, founder of the Joseon dynasty, moves the capital from Kaesŏng to Hanyang, today known as Seoul.
1781 – The crew of the British slave ship Zong murders 133 Africans by dumping them into the sea to claim insurance.
1830 – November Uprising: An armed rebellion against Russia's rule in Poland begins.
1890 – The Meiji Constitution goes into effect in Japan, and the first Diet convenes.

>News
EU4 DD 15/11
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-15th-of-november-2016.982588

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI4] - Après Moi, Le Déluge
moddb.com/mods/apres-moi-le-deluge

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!TVA2RByJ!tuh0k4SR5gXPLtmxsMd4KZ0at9gY5s5_oV70ui8A4B0

>>[EU4] - Expensive Warfare Mod 1.0
pastebin.com/gThqFi54

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6 - 27/11/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V9
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

Old Thread

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

Based

in the mood to play ck2 again but too lazy to update hip desu fæm

Next CK2 DLC WHEN

fuck off. autistic faggot

Literally two seconds nigga

Probably in 3-4 months, judging from previous releases.

Source

Anyone has a DL link for the gesundheit mod for CK? Is it fun?

i have a bunch of custom edits i have to copy over too

Reapers Due was a fairly good DLC, therefore the next DLC must break the game and make it near unplayable. I'm thinking China, which adds another useless landmass to destroy the reapers due performance update from all the courtiers, vassals, and landmass to simulate, and adds a potentially unbalanced blob that will fuck the game up.

Check the goddamn archive

Use winmerge

Everything they hinted to so far is about better heresies and maybe inquisition, finally.

I don't really believe they will ever add China.

So naive.
As long as there's money to be made.

i hope there are no china shitters here? wanting china in the game is a very pure and distilled form of recognizing whether someone belongs on reddit or not
china is a very vast landmass with a vast amount of people and vast history as well as relevant technology and developments, it's not something you add as an afterthought in a game about fucking europe
china needs its own game focused solely on china or it'll be pure shit

There's nothing grey in that screen.

There's Sicily, Novgorod, Hudid and whatever that Baltic shithole is

Magic already working in Geheimnisnacht or are all lores but a few still unfinished?

Someone probably wants it. People really want a global CK2 though the mechanics really can't accommodate it.
They can barely represent the greeks and the rest of the world.

Pretty sure it works and the mod is finished.

>sicily
That's blue.

>hudid
Literally fucking blue.

>baltic
That's white.

nigger it's gray kys

Hudid does have a weird tint but Sicily is clearly gray.

>kys
Back to /sg/

No that's a lighter blue than Hudid but it's still blue. Grey looks whiteish nor blueish.

So what counts as shitposting anyway? Need to know what to report and ignore

There's so much the game still lacks that can be added with DLC.

By the time they run out of ideas and start thinking about adding China they'll have already released CKIII

>gesundheit

I remember one of the developers stating that "Crusader Kings 2" was just a title, and shouldn't be taken seriously that the game will revolve just around Europe. China will definitely be shit, but Paradox wouldn't pass up the chance for more money.
Magic is pretty much done mechanics wise and all the main lores are added, but I believe the developers were toying with the idea of adding a few new lores or reworking some existing ones.

And then they will release all the DLC again.
It will be like The Sims.

Then your screen's fucked up. Sicily is grey.

>Pretty sure it works and the mod is finished.

Not in my version.

Looking at the DR_magic_engine_decisions.txt file, only chaos, nehekhan, ice and greenskin lores are useful can be casted in battle. I remember hgh magic, dark magic, necromancy and the generic lores being pretty useful on the battlefield in the mini wargame...

Sure feels great to have every franchise I love go down the same fucked up path...

Could be worse, it could be dead like Stalker 2, Spore or East vs West

After years and years of dlcs EU4 is finally fun

It's still boring as fuck during peace time or once you are big enough.
Just war is a bit better.

Pretty much this.
Naval combat is also not very good.

Why do you still play "strategy" games, user?

Why are you still shitposting, user?

i play these games for the alternate history on a grand scale

the game you posted is just WW2 Pacific Theatre

How harder is this compared to War in the east?

I've played WITE both as axis and soviets (never completed the full 41-45 with either though) and have been thinking about also getting it.

What's the most effective technologies, other than army professionalism, that would give my troops an edge in fighting the US as Spain? Strat mobility and the organization tech while defending the woods in the south? Appalachian mountains are too hard to hold since they are so deep can't reinforce enough armies and hold enough land to keep them from leaving out.

wat do

Give to a close relative.

>le mornarch mana face
No.

After hundreds of dollars of dlcs EU4 is finally still not fun

Arty ones are pretty good, pretty much all of the middle ones.

done

I the Third Odyssey mod (((""""""""""">f*n""""""""""")))

I am thinking about shooting for Alabama and Louisiana woods with slivers of Georgia. Would give my units more space and they would be able to reinforce each other. Appalachian mountains leaves my reserve units exposed in grassland like Blackstone.

Artillery would contribute, 1.5 more defense with their first tech, but would also gain +1 from strat mobility and an additional dig in cap along with boosts to all other troops. But how is the organization tech? Would make my armies heartier so they can stay in there and do the attrition killing.

Are you having a stroke?

Nobody gets this meme because we don't play EU4, and we certainly don't play meme mods for said game, you should go tell /r/paradoxplaza about how much you like it, though.

i dont know probably

what meme

Harder? What do you mean?

Its focus is very different.

HoI4 isn't plausible history, user. It's fantasy.

i know

there's no good alternate history generators, and it sucks

>(((""""""""""">f*n""""""""""")))

*tips east vs west*

>refuse to partake in jerusalem crusade because i don't want to blob
>a duke somehow wins the crusade but has no heir
>kill the duke and inherit jerusalem and all its titles before he hands any of them out
>give the kingdom to my brother without changing anything
>he gets voted out losing the kingdom to some other shitter who implements primogeniture
>a few decades later a close relative rebels and returns jerusalem to my dynasty

but thats not a meme user what are you talking about

What is this? How is different to Byzantium?

That's the Latin Empire isnt it ?

i dont see a problem here, nope, not one in sight. i think you should see a brain medic user :3 see you later

I guess, maybe I should rather just go full meme

>Converted to Orthodoxy
Disgusting

gay, latin empire is better

you're just repeating the same thing over and over friendo, should i call an ambulance?

im going to mend the schism anyway so it wont matter,

For me, this was the tip-off that your retarded

>retarded
its' retartet u moran xD

such an ugly colour. I already regret this.

what? o.o

wew

lad

>reunite all of the Empire within 10 years, annihilate the Carsteins, prepare the terrain for the conquest of Bretonnia and Kislev, create a huge standing army
>die of cancer before reaching 60 years of life
RIP. I should start passing unpopular reforms now.

Or should I just stop the faggotry and take the healing potion?

Go into the files and make it an ebin purple

>TROLLING
XXDDD

>A few cultural unions (Germany, Italy, India and China) will now stop assimilation of all pops in their culture groups as long as there's at least a core of the same culture group in the province.
What does this mean? South Germans won't be assimilated into North Germans?

Also has anyone tried the colonial NFs?

stop it mate, you're scaring me

Hey guys I'm Austria Hungary in vic2, and about to destroy Prussia for good, is there a way to return to being austria (spoiler)even with console(/spoiler) to become Germany

It means having a Germany core or a core with north german will stop stop any culture in the german culture group from assimilating, not just the tag's primary culture.

Hot new Historical projection meme mod dropped? Will have to check it out later.

is Turkey really going to invade Syria?

Loose Hungary

Am I the only one here that is enjoying HOI4 like a madman?
Already dumped 900 hours on it (probably half alt-tab shitposting here) and counting.

Only legit autists care about "muh immershun" or "muh historicl acuracy".

W&B

literal who sand niggers invading literal who sand niggers. No-one cares

>Only legit autists care about "muh immershun" or "muh historicl acuracy".
where_do_you_think_we_are.jaypeg

>literal who sand niggers

>turkey=ottoman empire
I bet you think italy=rome too you faggot