/hbg/ - Hombrew and Hacking General

Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Entrypoints: smealum.github.io/3ds)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.01 (Kernel)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: 3ds.guide/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp
Games: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bt-Yf8V591ENHraRwD8fUQhuzH-a2_mRi0UWSV4NvD0

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-Nintendo is currently removing from the eShop the DSiWare games you need to buy in order to downgrade from 11.2 using the hacked system transfer method. 3ds.guide/dsiware-downgrade
-A new exploit to downgrade from 11.1 is anticipated. If you still haven't got a cfw, DON'T UPDATE: you can use httpwn to play online and access the eShop.
-Users were banned for going online early with Pokemon Sun/Moon. Unbanning is possible. gbatemp.net/threads/450388 gbatemp.net/threads/449251

>Wii U
-A new method to get regionfree has been released. gbatemp.net/threads/448468

>Vita
-PSN spoofing is broken on the Vita for both Henkaku and TaiHenkaku currently.
-Adrenaline released. [Gist] readme.txt
-taiHENkaku released along with source. tai.henkaku.xyz/
-Some .vpk files can brick your Vita. Be careful. wololo.net/2016/10/04/warning-ps-vita-brickers-in-the-wild/
-Update 3.61 patches HENkaku.

>PS4
-4.06 patches the 4.01 jailbreak, DO NOT UPDATE.

>PS3
-It's possible to run games on OFW 4.70 without ODE and IDPS. gbatemp.net/threads/447577

>Wii
The Homebrew Channel has been open sourced.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/product/B00MVN9NPW
mega.nz/#!70VHWRpQ!jt1TUavNnxTfF-veP-X5Uw599_BYzfyAekoZEOAxJ6I
unluckyhero.wordpress.com/2016/11/22/steinsgate-0-walkthrough/
gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-updating-from-rxtools-to-luma3ds.427735/
github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Installation-and-upgrade
smealum.github.io/ninjhax2/starter.zip
en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1359/~/what-external-storage-devices-can-be-used-with-wii-u?
drive.google.com/open?id=0ByTYZy8p1D8YT1k5WmhwNjJaWjg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>[Gist] readme.txt

Reminder that DS rom loading from SD is not worth waiting for.

Mario Maker .cia when?

amazon.com/gp/product/B00MVN9NPW

>Not writing in the recent news that both Wiiu DNS are down and a new update might be coming soon

DNS for Wii U since tubehax and chncdcksn are down.

Primary 52.40.86.243
Secondary 127.0.0.1

If I try to run an update patch for a game on the PS4 and it says "the update file for this application has been downloaded. to update the application, first you must update the system software" does that mean that the update file requires a higher firmware and can't be used? Or am I doing something wrong? The base game plays fine on 4.01.

Daily reminder that Santa Kimishima knows if you've been naughty or nice on your 3DS because your homebrew titles are leaked through the Friend Code network.

3rd Party memory cards when?

yes

Pls Respond

at least i got rid of the (embed) thingies

I've made Steins;Gate & Steins;Gate 0 walkthrough in "manual" format for personal use, if anyone want it: mega.nz/#!70VHWRpQ!jt1TUavNnxTfF-veP-X5Uw599_BYzfyAekoZEOAxJ6I

To install just just copy/replace contents in sce_sys\manual folder and then launch manual from game livearea.

Walkthrough are pretty much spoiler free from unluckyhero.wordpress.com/2016/11/22/steinsgate-0-walkthrough/

Thank you.

Thanks! I changed from rxtools to luma via this guide gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-updating-from-rxtools-to-luma3ds.427735/ before I saw your post.
I copied the folders in your link, but now when I try to enter the homebrew launcher it tries to load but gets stuck on a black screen. Does it just take a long time to load/should I leave it for a while, or have i dun goofed?

Seems so. Even games downloaded from the PSN store require the latest firmware when the disc version might not.

I'm at Section V - System Transfer. Got to the point of where the transfer occurs. PC Based transfer, no real mention of swapping the microsd cards and now the transfer is incomplete. Do I have to wait 7 days to relink the NNID back to the SOURCE console to try again?

SM already uses the N3DS extra hardware power
But for games that don't, luma has a setting to force it

luma cfw does it. its an option in the features

Ah well, at least I should be satisfied that the game itself worked I guess. Just hope I don't wind up experiencing the annoying bug I've seen some report that this patch is supposed to fix.

>sumo
sorry i dont help reddit

I've been using 104.236.072.203 since it was in the OP.

is it down too? I haven't kept up with the WiiU scene since i already played everything with Loadiine but I don't want them to fuck me over with 5.6

Can you screenshot your 3ds folder?
Although if you don't need any of the homebrew apps you have now, it might be better to just delete the 3ds folder and start again.

Also, if you're on Luma and your game works, you don't -need- to go to a9lh if you don't want. It's just recommended for quality of life and it being a lot harder (if not impossible) to accidentally break.

oh okay

How complicated will it be to switch from whatever reinand version I installed in march-april to Luma CFW?

>Not writing your Christmas list through Swapdoodle.

Thank you, fellow mad scientist.

Really easy.
github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Installation-and-upgrade
"Upgrading from ARN 4.3 or older to Luma3DS"
Luma used to be a fork of Rei

Or if you want the full a9lh experience, follow the guide in the OP starting in your sysnand and putting 9.2 as your firmware version when the guide asks.

Sure
Is it ok to do that? How long does it take to redo everything?
Well the thing is I'm on 10 and I need to update so I can even play the game on my 3DS, it won't even let you open it if you're on anything below 11.0

Is it possible to somehow install games from an old Nintendo 3DS folder? I deleted a bunch when doing a system transfer but still have them backed up on my PC. I merged the old folder with the new one, but as expected the other software (most from the freeshop) didn't show up. Everything in the folder was either tied to my nintendo ID, which I switched to the new system, or from the freeshop.

>Story of Seasons will never be as good as Rune Factory at its peak

What's the best DS flashcart seller on the web? I'm in the United States and I'm looking for a DSTT for my 3DS. Everywhere I've looked wants Bitcoin or Paypal.

dropped pic

literally go to a flea market and pick any of them for $5.

all of them work on 3DS

You can't compare them really. Two almost different genre games made by different devs.
RF5 will be interesting given they might have some of the SoS team working on it, mind.

Just get an r4 clone for like 10 bucks from nds-cards.
And if you have a bank card you can link it to paypal and use it to pay for stuff without having to wait 3 days.

nds-card.com
paypal tho

It's ok to do that. The 3ds folder only contains homebrew stuff (note 3ds, not Nintendo 3ds) all it takes is extracting the 3ds folder from smealum.github.io/ninjhax2/starter.zip into your SD card for a blank slate.

Also if you're on Luma, updating should be fine, since I'm assuming it's on Emunand and you still have sysNand on 9.2

Nothing screams out as being wrong to me, so I'm not sure.

Can I hack my 11.1 3ds yet?

can you solder?

No.

do you know someone with a hacked 3DS?

Does theirs have to be hacked?

is world of final fantasy and dragon quest builders playable on 3.60?

Yes, both.

Not him, but I have a hacked o3ds and a 3ds on 11.2. Both jap. I still have to hard mod huh?

Can I unban a 3ds with just Luma and Emunand?
or do i need to do a9lh first?

how do i do the ntr langage emulation thing? i know nothing about it
i'm trying to watch the layton movie but it just says "error_message_load"

Does anyone know which firmware that the lime green N3ds xl, comes installed with? I believe it's the one that comes with Mario World pre-installed.

theirs needs to be hacked to transfer over a DSi game bought from the eShop with a hacked save file.
Should work since they're both JP 3DSes, just do DSi Ware hax.

What
there's a Layton movie for 3DS?

spend the cash. it's not like you're gonna buy games

What do these tickets do?

I'm using an o3DS, so this applies to me, right?

yeah, yurop got eternal diva on the eshop in a bunch of languages

oh, it's eternal diva.
why don't you just download it on your PC?

or does it have 3D effects or something cool?

Theyre your old tickets of installed titles and saves.

Tickets basically tell the system that the games you've installed are authentic and you haven't just copied them over from someone else's 3ds.

So yeah, if you want to keep them, you're best backing them up and re-applying them. Just follow the instructions.

Taking forever to charge.

is the one with the voices dlc the full game?

it's portable

First time takes 3 hours from an outlet. USB could be forever.

Thanks!

Yes, but the voices take up a lot of space so it's up to you if you're wanting them.

In contrast, DQB is about half the size of Minecraft with all its updates.

why is there another world of final fantasy thats more than 2 gbs?

This usb cord is supposed to allow the same power as the AC adapter. I also have it hooked up to a 19 watt Apple usb charger...lol

Still it only is drawing 3.6 watts according to my kill-a-watt meter.

voices dlc is JUST the voices dlc. The 2gb one is the game itself.

17 hours

I followed your instructions, but it just loaded straight in to the homebrew menu with no way to access the console.
I restored the old boot.3dsx file and now it boots normally again, but once again the HBL won't continue after the "the homebrew ropbin is ready" screen, it just goes black.
I noticed that when I was exploring the files using the HBL there was a boot.3dsx file and a _boot.3dsx file. I think I read in the pastebin this is a problem when extracting files on a mac, it can rename them in this way.
When I opened the root on my mac there was no _boot.3dsx file, just boot.3dsx . Think I'm going to extract the folder on parallels to see if this will make it work.

As for updating, how can I go about doing that? Can I do it via the console or do I have to do it through the HBL?

Where is the 3ds theme for Hyrule Warriors Legends? The mega link somewhere in the OP doesn't have it.

so how do i combine them?

Does the Wii U not work with these type of usb HDDs? Every device, even PS3/4s work with this.
When connecting to my Wii U, it seems to be trying to powering it up on and off in a loop.

If these aren't compatible then what the fuck is? Most WD usb drives are self powered by usb like this.

until?

?

mario maker leak

Forgot pic.

You don't. You install the game then the DLC (voices).

Dive into this boypussi for it and you get it right now?
Otherwise wait five hours.

Oh whoops, I forgot you'd be still using a boot.3dsx. I'm not sure why your homebrew isn't start up though.
You update through System Settings on the console. I don't know what it does on Emunand, but Luma should change the version string in system settings to let you know you're using it. I would assume it says "Emu " But I'm not 100% sure. But if you get that, update through other settings. Don't exit between opening system settings and updating.

extract both to your mai directory, the game should just be in a directory called the title number and the DLC should be the title number with _addc at the end.

Install both with mai (first select the game option, then the install DLC option) and change the boot option for the game to option 5.

naw, 3DS Maintenance

Wii U gives like no power to the USBs. A Y-cable is usually needed.

For the people playing DS games on their 3ds, via hb; I heard that you need a flash card for DS library of games. Is there a certain brand that's recommended or a place that sells these cards? I've already got myself a 64gb SD card for the 3DS games, after installing a cfw to the system successfully, now I'm looking to get some DS games as well.

>Most WD usb drives are self powered by usb like this

WiiU USB ports don't put out much juice. You need a USB y-cable, or the HDD needs it's own power supply.

en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1359/~/what-external-storage-devices-can-be-used-with-wii-u?

What's up with manufacturers not following standards?

Just finished following all the guides for my 3DS
Now I'm afraid to do anything

how long does it take to hack the ps4 and can I play FF15 through the hack

Fuck a tranny then. For stability.

oh. Are mario saves usually region free is it worth waiting the extra day for the us release?

I clearly remember the old Wii not needing a Y-cable the same usb HDD I have. How come the Wii U does? What a piece of shit.

>removes the mystery mushroom instead of removing New Super Mario levels
it could have been good

Update FBI
Install ciangel/freeshop
Do Anything you want. I

f you've installed al9h and have all the NAND backups it's almost impossible to fuck things up irreparably.

Can't think of why they'd region-lock the saves. Just copy it over using savedatafiler or whatever your favorite save handler is when the full thing comes up.

'optimisation' so Nintendo can produce cheaper units. Also why they dropped Gameboy Advance/Gamecube support for the later renditions of the DSi and Wii Mini.

I still don't get why it was removed. I mean, it's not like there's no amiibo support and from the file size there seems more than enough room to include them.

I mean, I could ALMOST understand not allowing you to download levels that had them, but if you were making levels yourself using them, it seems like a willful omission in order to keep the Wii U version relevant, unless there's some tech reason why they can't implement it.

so I don't need to download games and place them on my SD card manually?
Thank god, I've been playing card reader musical chairs with my laptop my computer and my phone this whole time.

How do I find the title key of something I have installed? Neither of the title key sites have it.

We dot steins 0 working for 3.60? Any link to download the game?

When they announced it they said it was to keep a difference between the wiiu version and the 3ds version.

Pic related is what it says on my 3ds. I only know it's running luma because a luma folder was created and it booted on a screen when I first ran it.
I'm just worried about bricking my system, my SO tried to update a few weeks ago and lost all data and can't access the CFW.

What excues could I use with Nintendo to make them switch NNIDs back after doing a system transfer? I remember there being something linked here?

drive.google.com/open?id=0ByTYZy8p1D8YT1k5WmhwNjJaWjg