Other urls found in this thread:

jalopnik.com/trump-threatens-to-repeal-fuel-economy-and-emissions-re-1788755276
epa.gov/ghgemissions/overview-greenhouse-gases
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_greenhouse_gas_emissions
tsp-data-portal.org/TOP-20-emitter-by-sector#tspQvChart
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

jalopnik.com/trump-threatens-to-repeal-fuel-economy-and-emissions-re-1788755276

Fuck forgot the link

I think people forget they there are many many more people alive today driving around then when regulations were less stringent.

Its saddening knowing the brown cloud above my head will just get bigger.

You could always do the most earth friendly thing and kill yourself.

>living in Commiefornia

You did it to yourself by continuing to live there, faggot
Maybe this will piss off the Cali government enough to secede so we never have to deal with it leftist faggots forcing you shit policies down the rest of the country's throat

CONFIRMED THE RX9 WILL BE CATLESS AND SPIT FLAMES LIKE A MOTHERFUCKER

7L straight 8 when

Colorado, friendo.

Sorry blue boy, this is a commie free board.

You mean
>Cali migrant
Fucking shitheads like you are a plague

Western slope born and raised. Californians ruined the place. They fucked up the population now Denver is consistently at ozone alert.

so its true

this is how America dies

I don't understand why people think that emissions laws' sole purpose is to stifle the performance of our sports cars/trucks etc. They were put in place so we don't end up with clouds of smog over our cities and NOX in our lungs

If this is how bad it is now with our current standards, imagine how bad it is when every car is catless, every diesel is rolling coal etc. You wouldn't be able to breathe

Trump wants to kill off nearly anything related to keeping the air clean

he doesnt believe in climate change lmao

Just roll them back to pre Obama and leave them there for the next 20 years.

fuel econ mandates are stupid anyways.

add 50 cent excise tax to a gallon of guzzoline use that money to build new bridges.

people will demand more fuel efficient cars to avoid more fuel expenses.

Stop living in a overpopulated shithole city if you don't like smog. Houses and factories contribute a lot to smog too it's not just the cars. We don't need anymore emission laws in north america, were still cleaner than most of the worlds population. you know, the ones that burn coal, drive 2 strokes and dump their shit into rivers and oceans.

It's not even about climate change lol it's about not inhaling noxious gasses

Your solution is really to just for everybody to leave all the majorly populated areas?

You mean the countries that make 90% of the goods you consume?

We got there because of our environmental regulations. The US was ahead of the game because it was one of the first to make institutions to keep pollution in check.

They don't have to leave. But don't sit there and complain and fuck it up for the rest of us.

True. I don't really care what damage they do as long as it doesn't effect me in a negative way.

We all live on the same planet, baitmaster.

yeah

if he wasnt delusional he wouldnt be lifting shit tho

his plans are fucking awful for the environment hell most of his 100 day plan is laughable

Oh and btw, look up dragonfire.

That machine is fucking mental.

California is where I spent most of my day

It would be nice if he did this for safety regulations, so we could have light cars that could be efficient in the first place.

But no. Janet needs to drive to the mall in the world's largest SUV. Now it doesn't even have to meet emissions.

Not nice knowing you guys.

SHHHHIIITTTT!

>I'm a county over so it doesn't matter!

We're going to need more Ecoboost equipped vehicles from Ford to offset the additional pollution.

see
Maybe if billy bob and susan didn't have so many god damned kids on their godforsaken government subsidized far-right sponsored farm, we wouldn't have so many people polluting cities.

having done some traveling around the world i can say that clean air is one thing that america has really got right. even huge cities like new york dont compare to other parts of the world (although there were plenty of strange smells in nyc when I was there).

the first city that really made an impact on me was madrid. every car there is a diesel, and the city constantly smells like diesel fumes. it became sickening fairly quickly, and i was only there for a few weeks. on our way out of the city, about several miles out, i looked back on madrid and i could see a visible tan haze floating over the entire area from which i presume was the diesel exhaust i had been breathing during my time there.

Yuros focus way too much on CO2 and not enough on NOx

Diesels spew NOx due to their high compression and high combustion temps. At least CO2 is tasteless, invisible, doesn't smell etc

Mostly due to outsourcing of all the factories more than the cars.

In portions of the world, it does. However, not for Europe. They just don't understand NOx - at least they have health care to treat it.

forgot image

I'm hunting up sources right now, but the US's emissions problem is not due to cars, it's due to dirty energy. Once you look past that, cars are only 30% of the Co2 pollution, according to the EPA.

When you take that 30% off of our emissions, we sit on par with the EU as far as pollution goes, which is pretty impressive.

Ironically enough, and this is what everyone was missing when Trump was blaming China for global warming, is that China is producing at least twice as much pollution as us annually.

I really do hope Trump does at least a partial emissions repeal, because handicapping ourselves so an Asian sweatshop can run at more profitable margins doesn't sit right with me.

Sources.
>epa.gov/ghgemissions/overview-greenhouse-gases
>click on tabs, play around with emissions, got the 30% number in here, its actually 31%.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_greenhouse_gas_emissions
>this one includes all raw emissions, not separating any.
> "It is based on data for carbon dioxide, methane, nitrous oxide, perfluorocarbon, hydrofluorocarbon, and sulfur hexafluoride emissions compiled by the World Resources Institute."

>tsp-data-portal.org/TOP-20-emitter-by-sector#tspQvChart
>this one shows that our dirty power produces more pollution than cars do in the US. We do still pollute more via cars because the average US citizen owns more cars per capita than any other country, but I'm selfish and want non-neutered cheap engines.
REEEEEEEEE

Maybe I can finally do engine swaps in commiefornia.

The laws are annoying as fuck but the togue is too good to resist.

Don't hold your breath, well maybe you might want to start practicing because you guys are pretty fucked if the ocean levels rise. It's just a hopeless place.

Its ok buddy theyre just mad cause they cant smoke weed in their shithole flyover state.

>he doesnt believe in climate change lmao
other than it being a natural process of the earth what does it matter to us? we cant do anything about it.

>"Trump Threatens To Repeal Fuel Economy And Emissions Regulations"

With regards to fuel, Sarah Palin has said that she would like to be Energy Secretary in Emperor Trump's Cabinet. Since she is a fan of "Drill. Baby. Drill", I suppose that is right up her alley. That and all the bribes she will extort from big oil.

The name of the EPA headquarters building is the "William Jefferson Clinton Building" and is named after Bill Clinton. So trump is not the only one that gets buildings named after him.

Yeah, at this point I'm at the acceptance stage of grief that I'll never be able to put a JDM meme engine in my 90's Japanese meme cars.

The laws here were basically pushed by the large auto manufacturers. We could have cut pollutants a lot more by focusing on making manufacturing and power production more efficient, but of course chebby wants us to buy a new shitbox to replace the old shitbox that can't pass smog now.

>he doesnt believe in climate change lmao
He has a point. Why is the western world working so hard to stop pollution while china and the rest of the big manufacturing countries have no restrictions? Not to mention the amount of shit put out by shipping.

Stop cucking cars when they are bigger fish to fry

>tfw you live in a state where you can do this

>Hurr durr

Maybe if you can't regulate industry and fuck EVERYONE WHO ISN'T LIVING IN A METRO the fuck fucking over you'll finally man up and solve your own fucking problems, faggot.

Too many people driving cars? This is polluting your ultra-dense nigger hive? How about instead of making the rest of us drive shitboxes, YOU, and I mean YOU, your neighbors, yourself, and you, give up cars, YOU drive the shitboxes, YOU take the train, and YOU leave US alone.

>Live in overpopulated shithole famous for its smog
>Complains about it
You are a fuckwit. You and every other person who lives there deserves it, why not also go get in an abusive relationship if you love getting shit on and beat so hard?

and yes i am mad

>live in a country where the popular vote is meaningless and every state gets a minimum of two senators so major population centers can't completely run the country
>laws intended for major population centers still affect the rest of the country

between the second amendment no longer having anything to do with militias, the copyright clause being smartassed into oblivion ("life plus 70 counts as a limited amount of time heheh.", the fourth amendment being totally ignored, and there being no term limits for senators, trying to apply city solutions across the board while ignoring the actual problems significantly affecting areas that couldn't give a damn about catalytic converters is one of the most unamerican things ever. oh yeah, idaho needs cats on their small minority of motorcycles because canada has a lot of them, but let's let coal trains pass through uncovered, and also ignore ships in california, because their owners can bribe us harder than the trainfags.

>but let's let coal trains pass through uncovered, and also ignore ships in california, because their owners can bribe us harder than the trainfags.
Triggered. Fuck this shit. But its the governments job to tax the little man and make his life hell, not get shit done, so it all makes sense

No, you don't understand, restricting consumer auto works for major population centers, so it should work for everyone and apply to everyone, because this is a tiny country that's existed since before the 10th century, not a 200 year old republic that exists on a chunk of land that dwarfsf a certain continent.

And if it didn't apply to everyone, what would you do as a major city? Enact automobile curfews? Only regulate the vehicles of residents? Create incentives for taking public transit? Commie nonsense. All or nothing, that's the american way.

>people really think like this

Haha!
*unsheathes katana*
Well edged, my fellow dark brother! xD
*decapitates everyone who disagrees with you*
REEE XD

Easy. You must register for a emissions database and deposit $50 to start up your car along with a rate set by your engine size so the big V8s get punished while soccermum SUVs continue to tear up the roads with their pigfat while not paying shit due to underpowered turbo engines.

This world is a joke. Land of the free my ass.

Oh, and I forgot. This applies country wide because it would be unfair to charge city people more. Equality must prevail.

Superman 64 levels of fog

why did you link a post that said nothing against regulating emissions in major population centers

Just look at the image, see all the cars? See all the smog? I think you can figure this out yourself

>Trump repeals CAFE and federal emissions
>California/CARB doubles down and tightens its regulations out of spite
>A few other states follow
>Automakers bring their entire USDM lines into compliance so they can continue selling cars in those states
>Cars sold in the US are now more badly gimped than ever

New Land Cruisers that are actually Land Cruisers and not Lexus shit soon?

Please, get this ethanol shit out of my gas.

If you know where to look you can get ethanol-free fuel. I had a site a year or two ago that listed gas stations with ethanol-free options, but I've since lost it. It was Pure Gas or Pure Fuel or something like that. Search and maybe you'll find it.

>Started putting ethanol in the petrol down under
>No one mentioned it
>Carbs constantly needed cleaning
>Fuel lines are deteriorating
>Now have to shell out for ultimate to protect my shit since its the only one they dont put it in
Its not much extra but its still a pain. And worse they keep adding more of it without notice. Last time I checked only BP down here doesnt water their down with ethanol.

If I wanted ethanol I'd buy E85 not this half done bullshit.

>they're going to review cafe standards and epa regs
>maybe repeal some of the extreme ones

Yes, it is totally reasonable to go into histrionics over this.

No, wait, how about stop being whiny babies who take Jalopnik seriously instead?

>Jalopnik
Did the site die along with the entire gawker network after they got hulk hogan'd? Why is this shit still going?

I, personally, fucking hate decat cars. That fucking smell, wow, stinks.
We're in a great time right now, you can have power AND reliability AND nice cornering AND even comfy and silent interior.
Sure, there were cars doing one of this better, but not everything.

You don't remember? Some other publication bought they're rights and are publishing under them

this is trumps revenge on the city's not voting for him enjoy your smog fags

>implying half of LA isn't driving hybrids/electrics

As soon as BMW and Mercedes start offering more hybrid electric models you can bet that will swell up to near 90%

underrated post

>this vehicle is not available in your state

I have a decat motorcycle.

nobody has ever noticed, and it's exempt from emissions

>M-M-MUH POPULAR VOTE
0.16% difference faggot. And the electoral college fucking worked for once. You gonna look at this map and tell me Hillary is what America wanted?

You fags are stupid.
He wants to deregulate at the federal level, the states can still do as they please.
Why should i give any kind of fuck about how dirty LA is when my entire state puts out less pollution than that city?
Fuckem.

>bawwwww polars bears

God i wish but the engine bay would have to be truly vast.

>nobody
Wow, it's like you actually know what's in te mind of the driver behind you.
I'm mad because while in traffic if there's a decat in front of me - it stinks and i must make aircon on with recirculation. God bless bikes dont stand still for any time, just passing so i dont' really care.

Man wait till you smell high displacement engines with no emission controls, the smell is omnipresent and wonderful.

You mean awful?

Don't get me wrong I think we've already passed the point where cutting carbon emissions will do anything but slow our descent into hell and the only real solution is massive reforestation and nuclear powered CO2 scrubbers to pull carbon out of the air and ocean.

However, this doesn't mean we should eliminate the requirements for catalytic converters. Even in rural areas it doesn't take a lot of pollution for smog to literally choke people to death if atmospheric conditions allow for accumulation.

And with how big CARB is, California basically determines what the USDM emissions specs will be.

damn the pussy I will get in a few years with my "outdated" V8 challenger.

>You mean awful?
absolutely not.

Please run your catless car in a closed room and tell me how much you like the smell.

>The return of the lead sled
Im ready

I have, i like the smell.
>he thinks it'll kill me
yeah maybe after like two hours.
Hell the exhaust even leaks into the interior from time to time.

>A day later, michigan and arizona not counted
what the fuck

>responding to that seriously
He's telling you to kill yourself not trying to trick you into killing yourself you retard

Yeah i know

>Not to mention the amount of shit put out by shipping.

This is what I don't get. God forbid I take the cat and smog pump off my ancient shitbox, yet you have ancient worn out cargo ships burning bunker crude like no tomorrow chugging across the oceans all day.

this is not natural, you fucking retard. we'll all be dead in 100 years if we're lucky and the world switches to green energy

and there is actually few chinese people that have a cars

This is what happens when you have no regulations

so Nu-american will just become like china

It's what they've wanted all along: a communist utopia

oh it all makes sense now republicain are red because they're communist