I have $5000 to buy a first car. After looking at the used car pin for all of 2 minutes...

I have $5000 to buy a first car. After looking at the used car pin for all of 2 minutes, I decided that I want to buy a 90s meme ricer because I am a weeb faggot.

So, Veeky Forums, what meme car should I get? I narrowed it down to these cars.

inb4 someone else, I also wrote the advantages and disadvantages of each:

Prelude
>Moddable, fun to drive, meme reliability
>FWD

Integra
>Moddable, fun to drive
>FWD

3000GT
>Not that slow, newer, less rice tax
>Pigfat, questionable reliability

Supra MK3
>Reliable engines once headgasket is fixed, moddable
>Meme car, too poor for MK4, pigfat

240X/ Sil80
>Lighter than MK3, can be modded to some degree
>Meme car, weak, hard to wrench

Miata
>Light, fun to drive, kinda reliable
>Gay, weak engine

SC300/400/Soarer
>2JZ engine, similar to MK4
>Pigfat, impossible to find a manual

Also,

LS400
>Luxurious, cheap, reliable, over engineered, almost universally considered gud
>Slow, not a meme ricer

Please correct me if my information was wrong.

So, out of the cars listed above, which would be the best choice? I have wrenched cars before and can probably do basic maintenance, but being an impoverished student, I can't spend too much money on parts. Hence why my choices are all japanese.

Pic kinda related.

Other urls found in this thread:

trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=1188851797
trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/suzuki/auction-1197370373.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I won't read all that shit post.
just stfu and buy a 3k civic.

Then actually get a job and wait until 30K to either buy cash or finance something.

man, if you worked to actually get money instead of all that benchracing ON MEME TIER 20 to 30 YEARS OLD CARS,maybe you could have bought something nice.

they are all shit tier first car, there will be no reliability whatsoever because you'll get butt fucked.
stop forum/bench racing shitbox you ride the bus and never test drive any of this. you are just repeating like a dumbass whatever you found on craiglist.

also, you WON'T mod anything on a shit car that can die anytime, you'll resell it at minimum loss and use the money to get something that's not as garbage.

just get a 3k civic and hope for the best

Get whatever has the lowest miles and least problems. Get something reliable. Dont turn your daily into something that could break down at any second because you wanted to go fast.

>hard to wrench on a 240
more skids fit 7 people in an engine bay

>Prelude
>Mods

I have a 5th gen prelude and I love it. I hope by mods you don't mean slapping a turbo on the H22 like an ape Hispanic

If you go japshit you should just go all the way and buy the tiniest little 80's hatchbox you can find. Nothing is more fun than hooning in a mailbox

IMPREZA
M
P
R
E
Z
A

trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=1188851797

That's too close to bein an actual classic car, I'm talking more like trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/suzuki/auction-1197370373.htm
Just cheaper because fuck paying a grand for a suzuki

try MR2 as well and celicia
MR2
>mid fucking engined car
>snap oversteer is a meme, you have it once and never again.
>toyota reliability
Cecilia
>toyota reliability
>good to drive, proper racing pedigree
>awd

>t. salty NEET busrider

I too have about 5k to spend and I was looking specifically at this car to buy.
>looks cool
>room for activities inside
>can go /out/
>awd
>delicious 2 tone
Even better if I can find green. But,
>is there fast?
And
>everyone I know says Subaru are expensive to work on

Is there an updated version that keeps the same aesthetic of the older ones?

The trouble is that Subaru kept using the same overall platform for a LONG time.

Pic related is fundamentally the same as my previous post, but built in 2007 :)

In 2008 they finally "updated" the whole car/platform but they changed it from a wagon to more of a hatch. Being fair, the Impreza "wagon" was always kind of a hatch, but oh well.

ALSO imo the newer Imprezas look a bit AYYY

So I've narrowed to either pre07 Impreza, or a Volvo 850 (it is close and cheap)

You can convert to manual fairly easy once you save up money.

Buy aftermarket transmission. Shouldnt be expensive.

I guess you plan to buy a car in which you would invest over time so thats a good idea.

Why Im buying a diesel also, plan to swap it in a year or so, I dont mind diesels t b h. It will also save me on fuel, what will go into aftermarket.

Financial 10/10

get a cheap SC300 or even a 400 and do a manual swap.

ls400

>Prelude
If you crash, have fun finding replacement body panels. Otherwise it's a Honda.

>Integra
Similar, but easier to find body panels. Definitely has a large aftermarket and you can turn it into a track demon with just a couple bolt ons on both the LS non-VTEC and GSR VTEC engine.

>3000GT
No, too many electrical problems. Not good for first car.

>MK3 Supra
Head gasket issue, hard to find, $5k finds will have lots of problems.

>240SX
Good choice, however hard to find clean. Only buy clean, stay away from welded difs and any signs of drifting. Cars will be beat to shit but are a great tuner base if you can find an unmolested model.

>Miata
See above, although a little easier to find unmolested. Small, no room for anything more than another passenger.

>Soarer
Pigfat nomanuel

>LS400
Same as above but even worse desu

An Integra, 240SX, or Miata would be your best bet.

Buy a Saabaru. They have scoobaru reliability and Saab interiors, and they tend to be driven less hard than comparable WRXs. Being a non-meme car, they may also be cheaper.

Image was shit, let me try again.