/tesg/ ~ The Elder Scrolls General

Solitude Edition

>Mods, modding guides, and FAQs
tesgeneral.com/
>Found a problem or have a suggestion? Use the "Contact Us" button at the bottom of the site!
>The Booru
vgtes.booru.org/
>The Lewd Booru (Use the filter if you find a picture objectionable)
booru.Legacywaste.org/

>/tesg/'s characters
imgur.com/a/YSUMg
>/tesg/ stories
pastebin.com/GG0z8BZU
>/tesg/ tumblrs
pastebin.com/iZJ2DT2a

>Lore and Lore Accessories
imperial-library.info/
uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Books

>/tesg/'s sister threads:
- Elder Scrolls Online General
- Veeky Forums's Weekend Lore General
- Lewd General

>Thread was created with incorrect OP or a lot earlier than post?
Ignore and report; Wait for a correct thread to be made.

HEY GUYS WHEN IS SKYRIM SCRIPT EXTENDER COMING TO SPECIAL EDITION??
>Skyrim Special Edition has been released, and the original SKSE will not work with it. We are currently investigating the application to create a SKSE64 build for the Special Edition. This will not be a fast process. The update to 64-bits means a lot of investigation and changes. Much like the work that has gone into F4SE this will take a tremendous amount of effort. We appreciate your patience while this work continues. We have no timeline for a release. - the SKSE team 29 October 2016

Elder Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

creationkit.com/index.php?title=GetLeveledActorBase_-_Actor
creationkit.com/index.php?title=GetActorBase_-_Actor
youtube.com/watch?v=uHYJ546ZJ6E
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

waifssssss a nd llllore in honey

nords a shit

I'd like honey in me desu

Waifus and lorefus and harmonyfus

xth for Orc master race

Reminder that lizard girls are the qtest!

Orcs, more like DORKS!

orcs r hot

Thanks to the fellows who helped with the mature mod experience.

Waifus
Lore
HARMONY

Post an old shot alongside a new shot of the same moment/scene/scenario/location.

Wrong.

That's a pretty neat looking throne! What mod is it from?

You guys just blow in from stupid town?

Maybe we should just try to get along.

Xth for adventure, post it

Lies. You're a puppet.

Reminder that Talos loves his red legions, and so should you

Should we get along with goblins? Trolls?

How the fuck do I choose a race in this game
Everytime I run into a race in the game, especially a group of a specific race, I want to play as that race instead.

I just have trouble getting into a race if I'm not intimately familiar with its backstory. That's why e.g. I can play a Nord, or an Imperial, or a Dunmer just fine, having seen their home provinces in each of the last three TES games. I don't feel like I could do justice to the RP for e.g. Orcs or Bretons, though, because I've never actually played their provinces. Hadvar could be all:
>fleeing some court intrigue in High Rock there, Breton?
and I wouldn't even know how to begin to answer that.

you're a stupid face!

Just pick the race you like the lore of most

Stop being a race traitor and pick the right race the first time.

The right race is always Altmer btw

>he doesn't know about high rock
Kniggas and intrigue as far as the eyes can see, hopefully they go back there next time, maybe see all of Hammerfell too

It's a rare moment that someone bothers remaking old scenes.

High Rock is literally described as what Oblivion was, but even more samey.

No it literally isn't
Oblivion also did a shit job of representing cyrodiil

>dat chin improvement.

Also you know anything about environmental masks and how to use them? I want to use a cubemap but only effect certain parts of a mesh. Don't know if that's what environmental masks does.

>dat chin improvement.
all Halo

>No it literally isn't
Yes, it literally is. The Bretons were even described as "Lol all their architecture and culture is more or less identical yet there's tons of infighting, funny stuff."

High Rock is a meme choice, like Valenwood, Hammerfell is the best option to an extreme degree.

>doesn't know about high rock
Yeah, well, sorry for not being enough of an oldfag to have played anything older than Morrowind.

tell halo to make a high poly head everyone can use

Altmer are too fun to kill though

I'm currently playing a Breton but I'm losing interest.
Revisiting lore threads and discussions has made me really interested in Dunmer. So maybe thats what I need to do.
What kind of build should I do though? Whats "fun" with something like Ordinator, ASIS, RotE and Morrowloot?

No it isn't you fucking spastic

There's a lot of books in the games you know?

The way he does it, he has to make them individually for the character iirc

The effect of a envmap (or cubemap) on a mesh is entirely judged by the metal (I guess that's what you'd call it, the one that ends in _m.dds) map you make for it. Like a specular, it's a grayscale map of the diffuse where white=shiny, black=matte.

So you define what parts get the metallic look through that.

That's CITRUS. He'd just end up making the exact same thing. Naturally it's not as ideal as doing each one individually.

>really want Halo to make a high-poly head for me
>always way too embarrassed to actually ask anyone for anything

I dunno man, Skyrim is pretty shit for builds. spellblades are my favourite in every game though, so I dunno, some wannabe telvanni outlander spellsword?

Hell like 80% of my new Darkend shots are remakes of pics I took the first time I played it

Don't worry over it, he'd say no

He doesn't really do requests. It would have to be a character he is actually interesting in taking screenshots with.

Implying he'd do anything for a complete stranger.

That's what I assumed.

I'm not.

Yeah, ignoring space (which is the real best choice), Hammerfell has a lot more potential than anything else.

>That's CITRUS. He'd just end up making the exact same thing. Naturally it's not as ideal as doing each one individually.

So what's wrong with CITRUS, again? Never see it being used or recommended.

Okay, so magic weapon infusion spells, conjuring spells and enchantment kind of shit?
Yeah I could dig that.
Just trying to not hop back on the STEALTH ARCHER train.

>tfw want to play bosmer or dunmer but elves look retarded in Skyrim

It morphs oddly in game with sliders, you can't properly port existing heads to it, tends to clip with stuff, uses vanilla .tris so expressions look bad.

I would probably want to avoid GetLeveledActorBase()
>creationkit.com/index.php?title=GetLeveledActorBase_-_Actor
And definitely use GetActorBase()
>creationkit.com/index.php?title=GetActorBase_-_Actor
right? Because I'll only have the editor-built list of records in my FLST.

Alright, thanks.

I never used an envi mask map so I'd figured I would ask you about it.

do u still have to sculpt the mouth shut with citrus or did he finally fix that

You just need to git gud.

Shit like that, maybe destruction too
Dunno if you want heavy or light, could get some fancy bonemold armor mod

No problem, you know I'm always willing to help. Lemme know if you need more details.

I wouldn't know.

disgusting user

raggum fraggum dadgum nogud stupit idgit CTRL-S

Some goblins are alright. All trolls are jerks.

SkyRe is good

ah, well that makes sense, then.

>SkyRe

even his ORC is more A E S T H E T I C than your bosmer

>but elves look retarded
I could say the same about humans

gib time machine

Some user from the last thread was asking for someone like you.

Oh, so you want humans with pointed ears and ugly humans with stupid teeth, got it.

Yeah all I'm doing is giving a mesh a metallic surface without having it create seams due to the cubemap. Hopefully it'll turn out decent.

But you'd be WRONG

>gib time machine
What does this even mean?

So he can go back in time to when SkyRE was even relevant.

Then why does your face prove me right?

desu yeah I wish elves in tes looked more like humans with pointed ears

It shouldn't, cubemaps don't really work off of UVs or anything. They're really just that, a single image turned into six faces, like a cube.

You would have to have come from the far past to still be using SkyRe, so I can only deduce that he has a time machine. Either that or he woke from a coma or something.

No. It's a stupid fetish for stupid people, I don't care what Sigourney says.

Can I go to?

Proves what right? The fact that you're wrong? Yeah that's right.

>tfw I will never have a qt gf that looks like Arurun

Well the thing is that I'm texturing Veit's dong because he infused it with ebony so I was worried on there being seams.

Fuck off, Cumtears.

Based

Oh, now I see what my daughter was talking about when she said your IQ is 'lower than a troll with a caved in skull'. As well as your other 'issues'. I should probably stay away from you, I heard you were contagious, like a virus.

This is so dumb I chuckled.

I dont get it

That's a different scenario entirely. A body, and any body part that uses skin (be it a tail, dick, etc,) uses the Skin Tint shader type so the game knows to apply facegentexture color to it.

Doing so prevents you from adding a cubemap, as you would have to change the shader type to Environment Map. Same goes with a Glow Map, can't have a Glow and Env unless they were separate NiTriShapes with thier own shader types.

That being said, you can always edit the specular map to be brighter in those areas. It's not as varied as actual envmaps but it gets the job done. That's how Suu's staples work, for example.

>confront this double boss
>one of them shouts me into a wall, then the other kills me with one arrow
>try again
>dodge the melee one, then his pal one-shots me again with an arrow
>try again
>guy wrecks with me with a killmove half a second into the fight, while I'm at full health
Well okay

You're really making me want to replay Darkend since I got TK Dodge and Mortal Enemies installed.

>tfw still gotta play Unslaad but just aint feeling it

You can't defeat them, they're using the power of friendship.

They were extremely difficult to kill. I had to do some serious cheesing using Alteration spells that temporarily paralyzed them and lots of damage buffs. The melee guy kill moved me every time at full health, the archer would nearly kill me with a single arrow.

The difficulty curve between those guys and the rest of the whole mod was insane.

Fine, be that way. Being a grumpy bag must be contagious too.

So my brother just got me skyrim SE for my birthday for ps4
I'm gonna take a wild shot in the dark and assume that all the lewd mods I wanted to use wont be on bethesdas official mod database.
Is there at least a mod that makes females not look so ugly?

>ps4
>mods
Oh, you poor soul.

TK Dodge won't make bullshit enemies any less bullshit
Well too bad I'm just a dude with a sword and no magic I also still keep a crossbow and Auriel's bow from when I played Dawnguard but those won't do shit to them anyway

Ah damn, that's gonna be annoying.
And I'm assuming that adding separate NiTriShapes for different shaders takes a lot of work?

No, Sony insisted that only asset-less mods would be allowed. That means .esps only, which means nothing that adds textures, meshes, possibly even scripts.

PS4 users are superfucked.

Enjoy the anal ravaging.

You'd have to start cutting things apart in Blender or something similar.

I love my brother and I don't want to sound ungrateful, but he could have just gotten me KoF XIV instead

I'll try again and if aka when I get tired of their bullshit I'll just console kill them. Fuck mods that keep trying to do Dark Souls combat in a game as clunky as Skyrim, it just doesn't work

Other than this bossfight I'm really liking this new part of the dungeon though.

>Being a grumpy bag must be contagious too.
You'll catch it someday, young man, then you'll be just as UGLY, OLD, GRUMPY, and WRINKLY as me!

youtube.com/watch?v=uHYJ546ZJ6E