/bdog/ - Black Desert Online General

All EU and NA servers are getting merged into one EU and NA server respectively on Nov 30th, detailed information here:
forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/119305-faq-the-new-world/

Awakenings released: Warrior, Sorceress, Berserker, Ranger, Tamer, Musa, and Maehwa. Dec 7th, Ninja and Kunoichi!

>What is BDO?
Black Desert Online is an MMORPG by Pearl Abyss, most recently released for Western audiences. It features action-oriented combat, open world PvP territory control, player housing, unlimited levels of grinding, and more.

>Is it P2W?
Lots of paid convenience features; and some cash shop items, such as most outfits (!), are able to be sold to other players on the marketplace, but maximum price caps and weekly selling limits of cash shop items restrict profit. One CANNOT P2W over a dedicated player.

>Guides, guilds, and other useful info
pastebin.com/tGWk2bru

>NewFAQs
If you don't know if the game is "worth it," get a guest pass.
All classes can be viable and fun. Ask something more specific.
Weapon: Kaia, or BUY a +15 Yuria -> Liverto -> Kzarka
Armor: Grunil -> Boss armor
For everyone's sake, read the links, Google it, and Ctrl+F, BEFORE asking the same stupid question other people previously have in the same thread.
Don't be surprised if the thread is dead occasionally, it happens more often than you'd think.
Lastation is the greatest nation.

Old thread:

First for

>make action mmo witth fun combat
>don't make any enemies even remotely difficult to the point where you actually need to use more than one skill or not be a retard
Why does this happen every single time? I've literally been holding down+M1 for 50 levels.

The enemies aren't there to be difficult, they're there to provide resources. Why it happens? Who knows? I don't like it either, but it is what it is.

Not every single time though, have you played PSO2?

I'd like to give a good response, but I can't
I been playing mmos actively for 12+ years, and I avoided BDO because of this.

I got it with the bf sale, and I'm really sad knowing all the work and love put into this game going to waste, I just can't believe they neglect any meaningful content that makes use of all the mechanics and any sort of attractive progression that isn't wasting a bajillion gold on a +20 item set.

My only answer to this kind of questions in mmos has been, that devs don't even play their own games, they get told to do something to collect a paycheck, and then they do it, but none of them actually has 3k hours on their own game, and even if they do they don't care enough or they would go ahead and fix it somehow.

level up a bit more to 57 and go to pila ku jail, you'l love that palce

Yeah, well, it sounds like you should better quit now 'cause you'll be heading down that road anyway.

because if you had PVE monsters use PVP-like tactics and abilities people would start crying how hard the monsters are

I, too, long for shadow-of-the-colossus size engagements against fuckhuge enemies that can oneshot you if you're too stupid or too slow, but that will just drive the turboautists forward

I'm with you. It'd be great but without the healthy medium...

It's only numerically difficult, I bet. The desync makes even BDO AI dangerous though, 'cause you can never be sure if you're avoiding or not.

only thing i know that it's the most enjoyable grindspot
you actually need to do combos and active dodges
1 mistake and 50% of your hp is gone

Can't tell if you're memeing or not right now. Gonna stick with the game for a a bit anyway because the game is beautiful and there's a lot of non combat stuff I still haven't tried.

It doesn't even have to be all monsters. I would be okay if 1-50 was the same as it is now if there was a meaningful endgame instead of just zerg world bosses.

4 man instanced dungeons with actual challenging mobs and bosses with cool mechanics would be fucking great in this game

Those active dodges are sort of unfun when mobs can whiff the air 5 feet to the side and still damage you

Jolly giant detected!

lewdsorc detected!

omg be careful you two, dont trigger the cringe autist

now fuck

reminder to new players that got tricked into a black friday sale the only people still in these threads are those with legit mental problems and you're stuck with a game about grinding forever

cringe

more concerned about triggering cyclops' calamitous frogfriend after which we will have 50 posts of meaningless shitflinging again

thats my job, they don't have to worry

no, reply to me, fgt

Because its a korean MMO and is therefore just a surrogate to promote socialization between the korean soul slaves. Having to actually pay attention would mean having to actually use your brain which Kmmoers do not have.

Is this the new couple of the general? Can this love succeed where Cyclops and Mentor-chans failed?

nah I'm fine with playing dressup and leaving the game afk doing shit.

I avoided it knowing what it was about, It's not coming to me as a surprise, the future is dry from any interesting mmo, and at least this one is pretty and has good waifus, so I can focus watching old tv shows or doing something useful if I ever earn the courage to step away from this chair.

I'm just saying, if this game had the cool shit to do age of wushu had, or some of the cosmetics weren't locked behind the cash shop and actually required you do something difficult in game, this would be my dream mmo probably (also playable short people, it's already in game ffs).

Post ranger

I'm with you bro. I too would like some minimal dungeons

;-;

>Cyclops and Mentor-chans failed
RIP

>cereal to fertilizer ratio is on average 1:1.2
jesus, why is organic fertilizer so much more expensive than byproduct?

yep we are just friends who talk about my lewd adventures now, she wasn't looking for a waifu, just someone to give protips to, but now I'm at her level in knowing how the game works so I just tell her about ERP

N-no we're just band buddies!

Good night /bdog/

>tfw nobody to tell me about their ERP

>tfw comic was not cute enough
Did she hate it?

what's better, +200% exp for 30 mins, or +100% exp for 1 hour?

she said "thats cute lol", but didn't want me getting the wrong idea about her and something about not even knowing my gender irl

they are the exact same thing

CUTE

those are exactly the same

BUT I could recommend is using the 30min boost at night, because night is only 40min for +50% xp

wouldnt you want to ERP instead, it sounds like Mentorchan is the one into being cucked

thats really hot, I can imagine mentor-chan shlicking to your erp

I never thought of that.. but I could see it being true based on what we've talked about..

We all know the orgies you have.

>you will never have a girl fapping to your ERP as you tell her about it
why live?

>tfw you get outplayed by a freshwater crocodile

Keep faggotry to minimum. Not everyone likes anime or wants to talk about anime all the time. Your memes are not welcome here.

dros you're gay as fuck why are you pretending to like women

I'm bi tho

really makes u itch ur chin

you have the typical high fag voice tho

Kunai or Shuriken for Kunoichi PvE

Sailboat patch when?

You guise have heard each other's voices?
lol

true, but i still like girls, and I guess girls think I'm cute in a gay way or somethin

>tfw one of my ex's made me call her mom
>another one was a tumblr girl who tried groom me to be a stay at home dad
>now I act gay as fuck in videogames

yea me and grelom are cool with each other

we played [redacted] together
i've known him for years

>how to earn 15000 loyalty for free

post your trial codes on reddit, and tell people you'll gift them the game if they reach lvl 40, works every time!

tummy sticks
>ywn erp with someone thinking they are a woman the entire time
phew
>wait nvm i have a decade ago
welp

>>tfw one of my ex's made me call her mom
I wish I knew this feel, but she wasn't an ex

i want to know your ex

which one?

The kinky one who wanted you to call her mom

good taste

kek
thank you

Honestly, no one gives a shit about PvE anymore. I was saying the other thread about how every game today has to be PvE focused or people won't play it. BDO is sort of a mix between the pandering to PvP fags with PvP being the "endgame" but they also tried to make it so you have to grind monsters with no REAL PvE besides killing trash mobs. It doesn't mix as well as they probably thought. I wish to play another MMO like old ones where PvE actually means something other than smashing your spinning AoE attack skill for an hour. PvP should only be a minigame, an actual minigame, in MMOs and not the main focus unless the devs actually set out to make a PvP experience with lots of depth to it (Which is quite rare as most MMOs now are just cashgrabs with action gameplay.)

It seems like you were the one to get triggered, first senpai

>not tan
>probably no lip piercing
>no tramp stamp
2/10

good thing this is half the thread

What else would it be?

the discussion about mmos because at least that's about vidya and not about erp

yea my cringey autism posts really stop people/you from talking about the game even if they really wanted to

im sorry im so powerful

you say it sarcastically but you actually do derail every thread every time you or milfsorc post

>no tan
>no lip piercing

doesnt that mean the thread would rather talk about the avatarfags? if the thread really doesnt like them, then ignore them you cucks

>if you don't like my autistic erp then just ignore it!
cringe

im sorry im so powerful /notsarcastic

I could do a tan, but I'm not paying money for that lip ring

yea you should ignore things you dont like, dumbass, the thread has moved on, yet you want to keep bringing it up and tell everyone how cringy you feel about it, do you see a little bit of yourself in the way I act or something lol

>I'm not paying money for that lip ring
2/10 whore.
>tan but hair isn't bleached
Are you just pretending to be a whore?

>I'm not derailing the thread, see watch as I continue derailing the thread to show you how much I'm not derailing the thread
It only takes one autistic nail to derail a train
>The thread moved on
Yeah the thread sure moved on despire still talking about erp shit just 4 posts up

So happy to finally hit that dreaded 200ap! Anyone else close or recently got it?

>>I'm not derailing the thread, see watch as I continue derailing the thread to show you how much I'm not derailing the thread
projecting?

>tan and bleached hair
>no bright contrasting eye shadow
4/10

I'm still stuck at 180, but I've been working on bhegs gloves before anything else

idk what you want from me, I'm not leaving bdog so either deal with it or keep being an autist I guess

200 ap never ;_;

god its like im gw2g, he wont fuck off no matter what you say, it really is better to ignore him

I mean sort of
Basically all this game needs to be good is proper pve, and for the red battlefield to flat out ignore levels and AP/DP and set everyone at 200 with a set amount of skill points or something. The open world pvp using gearscore is fine

Would also like to see all pearl items available on the marketplace, and change the number of items per week restriction to a set amount of silver earned so non whales have access to artisan's and costumes and shit.

Not really. Cyclops or one of his beta orbiters was the first one to bring up the shit from last thread
So much for "ignoring things you don't like" and "the thread has moved on"
You didn't have to reply to me cringing at autism. I'm not leaving bdog so either deal with it or keep being an autistic erping manchild begging for attention on the internet I guess.
I don't know whether you're referring to me or him but I'd just like the thread to talk about the game instead of trying to convert this thread into FFXIV general lite

now make her ahegao

like this

then talk about the game you fucking retard

*wiggles*

sorc doesnt have that emote

do your best and you can achieve anything!
i believe in you!

>Autistic erping manchild begging for attention on Veeky Forums by posting his blogs journals about how he's erping with another guy over an MMO
>Trying to tell me about the issues I have
I talk about the game all the time. The only time I don't talk about the game is times like now where half the thread isn't talking about the game and apparently wants me to start cringing. I never really understood how I'm expected to ignore the autist when no one else does and end up just egging him on to talk about random offtopic "lewd" or "cute" shit like a guy is doing right now.

this is the closest, and it just looks like she has to go to the bathroom imo

what are you even complaining about anymore

make her more crosseyed and raise her eyebrows

I'm complaining about you, obviously? Is it that hard to read with one eye closed?

>giving him his (You)
baited hard senpai, I saw that coming a mile away

People are going to give him (You)s regardless of whether I post or not.

>can't buy the polar bear pack for someone because my account is too new
For greedy fuckers they sure are bad at taking people's money.

best I could do,

I wonder if the other classes are better for this, I'm started to see some of the limitations of the char creator at least for sorc, some parts of the face remain static even if you move the parts around it, and ends up looking really bad

great game discussion

cyclops....

I think cyclops is cute i feel like she would cover herself in peanut butter for autism awareness and then let me lick it all off only realizing half way through that this could be considered lewd by normies and awkwardly joking about that revelation fully confident that im completely platonically saving peanut butter and the thought hadnt crossed my mind.

Then we would play with legos