Any Germans here? Please tell me about Opel Omega 3000. How's the reliability? Can it be used as a DD? Pros and cons?

Any Germans here? Please tell me about Opel Omega 3000. How's the reliability? Can it be used as a DD? Pros and cons?

Other urls found in this thread:

ww4.autoscout24.es/?atype=C&make=44&mmvco=1&model=16591&mmvmk0=44&mmvmd0=16591&cy=D,B,I&ustate=N,U&sort=threetier,price&dtr=s
youtube.com/watch?v=0JR_at26jAU
youtube.com/watch?v=GeEVqYJpV-Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

yes
good
yes
>pro
opel
fast
looks good
simple
>cons
may rust

>cons
may rust

may?!?
replace that with: allways

Any other problems beside rust?

Its fast and rwd, get it

>180hp, 177lbft
>fast

Looking for the 204 hp model 2bh.

> 1771

>lbft

fugggg

Get it.
Had a 2.6 Sportive. Was a great car for sliding around in. Especially the narrower ones. Very controllable. But yeah, will rust.

Hmmm

Nice commodore bruv

I mean its platform was the basis of the VN, VP, VR and VS Commodores...

How bad is the rust issue?

>Opel Omega 3000
Cute Dunnydoor

Whack a i6 in it for maximum skids mate
dommydoormind

the omega 3000 IS an i6.

Buy a Lotus Carlton, you fucking poofter

Depends on where the car stayed, if it was a cold country where they spray lots of salt in winter or if it was close to the sea.

They're 5 times as expensive. And VERY difficult to find someone who can work on them, in case you're out of your depth with british wiring.

gl with the price

ww4.autoscout24.es/?atype=C&make=44&mmvco=1&model=16591&mmvmk0=44&mmvmd0=16591&cy=D,B,I&ustate=N,U&sort=threetier,price&dtr=s

Average for 80s cars, so really bad.

But if an Omega survived until today, the previous owners must have been doing something right. You have to do the rust protection you would do to a vintage car, but the money is very well spent if you do it.

What you should know:
>It's considerably larger and heavier than eg an E30 or a 190E, don't expect it to be nimble.
>Still handles alright for what it is.
>Engine/drivetrain is stronk

Opel had created a solid and modern engine, better than what the other german companies had to offer, at least according to magazines back then.
Unfortunately GM forced Opel to replace the inline six with the all around shitty V6 for the Omega B, just after they had spent a ton of money on the 24v variant. That's probably why hardly anyone remembers it

they're very reliable, fun, fast.
there's one in switzerland for 1200 but I dont have the money to buy or to go get sadly.

There are a lot of rebadged 3.0 i6 in Brazil still going stronk

Wagon is qter.

youtube.com/watch?v=0JR_at26jAU

I was thinking about clean builds, but yeah. That works.

It should be in the same class as E34 and W124, because it's medium size car.

You need to buy one from a dry-climate area. Not so much as seen one in Britbongistan for over 10 years - all long since rusted to death and scrapped.

I'll totally buy a 3000-24 someday and put Holden badges on it.

that V6 sure was a POS. they had constant problems and I've seen one that threw a rod for no apparent reason.

The Omega was supposed to come with an LS-1 but GM pulled the plug on it

The only V6 that Opel made that where any good where the Y32SE and Z32SE 3.2 litre's.

There you go

youtube.com/watch?v=GeEVqYJpV-Y

3:20 onwards

>5:50

That's what scares the shit out of me. It's what scares me the most in attempting to learn to go fast.

>Corvette
>overtaken by a clio
>overtaken by A FUCKING OMEGA

If its rear wheel drive, let off the gas. If its front wheel drive, floor it. NEVER BRAKE.

That simple.

Always easy said. Not really easy done, when you rarely get to go to a track. I need to do it more often, but, really, the ring not the place to train. But the easiest to access for me.

true, the 2.6 and 3.2 were certainly an improvement.
The 3.2 actually made it into the Alfa 159/Brera afterwards, with new cylinder heads and vvt.

>If I had the choice, I'd like my Omega with a 2.3 Saab Turbo, please.
>tfw you look under the bonnet of a stock Omega 2.2 for the first time and all you can think is 'there's so much room for activities!'

>apporaching Mutkurve full on sideways
What a fucking hero

>not slapping a holset on a z32se

>converting a RWD godess to fwd shittery
apart from sucking big black cock what other hobbies do you have

bump

>thinking you can convert rwd cars to fwd with reasonable effort
>ouside of Forza

And that's how we can tell you ride the bus