Are used tires a meme? Under what circumstances are they acceptable...

Are used tires a meme? Under what circumstances are they acceptable? About to buy 3 because I don't plan on keeping my car for more than 6 months and I drive maybe 30 miles a week.

I only buy used.
€20 a tire is the highest I've ever paid.

Usually fine. Just make sure the date and wear is good, no bubbling, cracking or signs of repair

this
pretty much everyone selling used tires doesnt know much about tires, not nearly enough to openly lie about them in a listing

but some general rules;
>try to buy tires less than two years old, you'll see a 4 digit number in an oval shape window on the sidewall like 1114, meaning it was made in the 11th week of 2014
>try to buy with more than 80% tread remaining, most tires are 10/32 new, so get a tire gauge and look for 8/32

i got a full set of almost new pilot super sports for my wagon for like $300 total

Only poorfags buy used tires. Buy new Michelins or just sell the car and ride the bus.

I bet you buy new gas too.

Some fucks will try to lie about everything tho

Recently saw an ad on an overly-expensive 2001 Hilux. The guy in the ad was claiming that "the tires themselves are worth nearly $2400

What tires were these? BFG AT KO's in 31x10.50/15

>Michelin
Literally throwing away money: the suggestion

my mechanic buys wrecks and they often have good tires so i'll get them from him

I would never buy used tires, ever. Maybe for a spare but not for a tire that I need to trust every time I drive the car. You have no idea what the last guy did to those tires, and they may not show it but the cords inside could be damaged.

There's a saying that you should never cheap out on anything that goes between you and the ground. Tires, mattresses, shoes, etc.

what are you so fucking worried about? you're not on a motorcycle

I drive almost 100% highway miles at 70mph and over. A tire failure at that speed could mean spinning out, taking other cars with me, definitely totalling my car, and personal injury. Getting a new set of tires isn't really that much more expensive and I feel it is worth it to have that peace of mind, no doubting whether these tires are really ok or not. They may be just fine, but you never know.

>buying uneven number of tires

One of the steers is newish, the other I bought used because my alignment is fucked and it wears that tire out. Well the used tire is worn out. The back two are michilens with good tread depth still but there are approaching 8 years old and look cracked

you have to think about why the last guy swapped tires. most shops i know of will toss any tires that have any issues like uneven wear but i could see a lot of shops still trying to sell them. of course it's entirely possible someone just didn't like the way the tires performed or simply wanted something else like say mud tires on a truck. with how expensive tires can be these days the average person isn't going to change them till they are wore out of there's a problem

Do you get new tires before every trip?

No, but I also know the history of the tires on my car because I'm the only one who drives it and I avoid potholes and other debris in the road.

Remember that for the poorfags on Veeky Forums, new tires probably take up 1/4 of their monthly cheetos and dew budget.

What kinds of places can you buy used tires?

part of being not poor is spending money wisely

Penny wise pound foolish, as the saying goes. Don't cheap out on the most important safety feature of your car

But you can get tires that are driven under 2k for well below half what the original owner payed, so are you implying that everyone who drives over 2k on their tires is cheaping out?

Get the fuck out you twat.

i buy used tires if they are a good deal for an expensive tire on a car/truck that i dont particuarly need.

35'' tires are expensive, no matter where you look damn right ill take a 50$ tire with 50% tread over a 300$ tire.

know what to look for or have someone trustworthy who can vouch for them, it's not foolish at all

>tfw i have 18 wheels that need tires

>Under what circumstances are they acceptable

No more than 3 years old, 5mm-6mm minimum on all tires.

And this fucker shouldn't be allowed on the roads and wouldn't in a civilized country like Germany.

Top kek

Still better than Firestone.