I've started working some crazy hours and on-call

I've started working some crazy hours and on-call.

I need a new vehicle soon enough.
>within the price range of $1-2.5k
>enough room to sleep in comfortably (5'10")
>good commuter MPGs (average of 20mpgs)

What should I look into or avoid? I'm leaning towards a station wagon, or compact truck with a shell.

>pic semi-related, current model truck I have

TWINGO
W
I
N
G
O

W124 TD. The 2nd and 3rd row seats fold completely flat.

There is a lot of room to sleep in.

A bit out of my price range.

If found this. But I gotta put away some money.

What do you drive now?

You want a 98-00 Subaru Impreza wagon. It's right in your range, great mpg for what it is, and you can put a bed in the back easily.

Depends where you are.

M I N I V A N
I
N
I
V
A
V

A Camry wagon is a good choice.

I have a Volvo V70 and the seats fold flat and it has as much room as the Merc pictured here I was able to fit a twin sized mattress inside laying flat, so that will make the sleeping more comfy.

civic for $1-2.5k

See OP's post, he wants to be able to sleep in it if need-be

Shittier MPG

2.5k won't get you much especially if you need a wagon because they're not very popular here. If you want those mpg's from a truck you're going to need a s10 4cyl which kind of suck and are getting rare or a 4 cyl Toyota truck which will be out of your budget. Rangers are probably out of your budget too.

These things are under 2k, other Suzuki wagons are good too, they don't have a rice tax like Honda's and Toyota's have but they're almost or just as reliable.

What you are looking at here, is a quad cab pickup.
what you do, is remove the passenger seating, and build up a level floor with wood.
Then you install a mattress.
At least my ram 1500 measures 6 foot even from back wall of cab to glovebox, so human fitment wont be an issue.

This retains the clean lines and not homeless look of a pickup from the outside.
You can even get a mattress that folds into 3 pieces and stow it in the back seat area for even more of a clean look.

Or just remove the rear seats fucktard.

too narrow. its only 5.5 feet that way

it just seems weird

I thought it up when I was planning on going 4 wheeling towing my rig with my pickup. Never tried it though.

6'2".
I used to sleep in the back of my Stagea with just the rear seats folded down. No issues.

alternatively, there's something like this, where it looks somewhat less like you're a hobo

and when you arent sleeping on it, it's just carpeted, organized storage

>wants to spend under 2500 and get over 20 mpgs

I KNOW A QUAD CAB TRUCK!!!

Toyota Matrix. Its a 5-dr hatchback and the back seats fold completely flat with the trunk.