/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #448

''American Girls'' Edition

Previous Thread: Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/319630
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction (Continuation WHEN):
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>/lisg/ sings:
youtube.com/watch?v=pQJgF3NToUg
youtube.com/watch?v=WjPsOkijFh0

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/11107672
strawpoll.me/11190596
strawpoll.me/11239475
strawpoll.me/11273878
strawpoll.me/11269929
strawpoll.me/11332383
strawpoll.me/11332384
strawpoll.me/11407677
strawpoll.me/11645517 (New)
strawpoll.me/11645519 (New)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA
instaud.io/kVV
instaud.io/kWb
youtube.com/watch?v=LFlMoAasW4A
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

BFFs, Pirates, Partners in Time & Crime & In Love, Fellow Dorks, GFs, Wives.
OTP.
youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA

Max is #1

She is! So is Chloe!
Strong physically, mentally, and emotionally.

Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!)(thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't or butterfly,bluejay just spiritualdoe
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's storm summoner just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>Chloe has to die thing comes true, Cemetery scene explained with that.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it
>Epilogue: Use ur imaginations:)muh budget

Pricefield appreciation day should be a national holiday. Everyday of the year.

>As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
instaud.io/kWb

Molli is #1

this

Dorothy is #1

Will you buy Vampyr?

Who is Dorothy

Lynn Marsh's bunny. Alice's sister.

Maybe. Not on release day but after seeing some reviews and footage it may interest me.
Plus I want to find LiS easter eggs.

Sweet dreams /lisg/

Sleep well m8.

How does life is strange's ending compare to fallout 3's pre-dlc ending in terms of stupidity?

(Fallout 3 ended with the player choosing to either sacrifice themselves or the heroic npc lady to activate a plot device in a high radiation area. You were either a hero or a coward. The only problem was it was possible to bring along party members who were literally immune to radiation. Suggesting one of them go in instead generated refusals on the grounds that this was "your destiny" or similar.)

I thought in the pre-dlc ending the option to get someone else to go in there hadn't been included.

You could send brotherhood npc grill (Sarah Lyons) in, who subsequently dies in your place, making you a coward.

Fallout 3's ending makes just as little sense as Fallout 3 as a whole. The basic aspects of the game world around which everything in the story is built, are all inconsistent nonsense that isn't even lore-friendly.

Nightnight.

No, see

No, see

Yes, but even in the base game there was an option to ask your companion Fawks to activate project purity for you. Fawks is a super mutant and therefor immune to radiation. The game even explicitly tells you he is immune to radiation in a plot point during the main quest. Yet he decides he would rather let you die that deny you your 'destiny'. Nothing about his character up until this point suggests he would ever do this.

To be fair LiS doesn't follow it's own rules very well either. The time travel is nonsensical and the characters often act in extremely convenient ways for the plot.

Ultimately I think Fallout 3's ending fails more on a mechanical level. As an open world RPG there really shouldn't have been an end to the gameplay loop just because the main quest was resolved.

LiS fails more on a narrative level for obvious reasons. I would say Fallout 3's ending is more detrimental to the game as a whole. Though the ending to LiS is more nonsensical.

TL;DR
Fallout 3=worse ending within the context of the games core mechanics.

LiS=More nonsensical (stupid).

Admit it tripfriend, you have a crush on Molli

W-what gave you that impression?

I think It would be weird if someone didn't have a crush on Molli, she's #1! I really do adore her art style. It makes me smile.

>tfw they 'fixed' the fallout 3 ending with dlc (changed the ending so you can send some rad resistant person in, or you survive if you do it yourself, presumably because they have that "rad-away" drug)
>but they will never 'fix' life is strange's ending
>we are stuck with either chloe dying on the toilet floor, or the town suffering minor structural damage
>it will be a real bitch to get that thirty ton whale off the roof

Friendly reminder Kate dies if you save Chloe.

The best we could have hoped for is some Mass Effect 3 "Directors Cut" (*shudders at the thought*) where Warren goes fucking Bill Nye the science guy on Max. He would even start talking with a French accent and smoking a cigarette. His hairline receding and gaining shades of red the more he explained how 'chaos theory' is the only rational explanation for Max's situation. "It's really kind of poetic and beautiful if you think about it Max, like some tragically underrated love story." They say you can't polish a turd so I think things may have been better off left alone. Unless of course the entirety of episode 5 was rewritten but that was never going to happen.

Am I the only one hyped for Vampyr? Not in the game itself but in finding LiS easter eggs.

Nah that's cut content m8
>The true ending was going to be Chloe in a coma
>Kate's little sister needs heart transplant
>Max has to decide whether to let doctors vivisect Chloe's comatose form to save Kate's sister (and presumably some other patients who also need organs)
>If Max refuses, she's an awful, selfish person. Chloe wakes up for a minute to personally tell her this before dying anyway, Kate can't take the grief of losing her little sister and sudokus, slashing her wrists using a blunt wax crayon they gave her to draw with. Finally another massive tornado appears out of nowhere and breaks someone's wooden fence again.

For a second I thought I was on ff.net.

I enjoy listening to the soundtracks, specifically game soundtracks. As much as I like Spotify, a lot of good tracks aren't included in the official OST releases so the only way to get them is to torrent a gamerip or Youtube.
Thinking of building a small OST collection, starting with LiS. Is Google Music safe to upload "pirated" content? Can they delete/block some tracks or they don't care about user uploads?

Leave Lynn and Mommy alone, foul Frenchman!

Fuck off Michel

No worries Skippy.
I went out drinking and had a good time. Threw up but I did drink too much too fast. No hangover.
Like honestly the welcome from lesg here made it feel more like my birthday than anything. Thanks guys.

wait wait wait wait

I thought Alice wasn't a devil.

Pricefield stands as one of the greatest love stories the medium of video games has brought forth, certainly the solely most close to my heart, and for that I will remain grateful to dontnod.

Do you really want ""Smasher""'s sloppy seconds? Molli a ruined.

no bully

>So apparently the idea is to make a timeline where Max never discovers her power
>But we already did this (alt universe/w Wheelie Chloe), and the same paranormal events were still happening at exactly the same times

You could argue that it's not necessarily overusing her powers that causes the storm, rather using the powers to prevent Chloe from dying in the bathroom.

Terrible idea.
If Chloe is in a coma then Max will sit by Chloe's side until she wakes up. even if it takes days. The whole time offering Chloe words of love and encouragement that she hears in her sleep. Eventually Chloe pulls through and wakes up with the first thing she sees being Max's smiling face and teary eyes.
Basically ripping off 'The Sting' episode from Futurama, but who cares? It was great.
Oh and: Fuck off, Michel.

Good thing there is a teleological suspension of the ethical

What a flawed way of thinking.
There is little conclusive evidence of who dies in the storm because the devs were too stupid to show the consequences of anything. Which easily allows the player to form the conclusion of "Well that wasn't so bad", and they would be entirely justified to think that because the damage shown in game was definitely not that of an EF-5 tornado.

I still think this is a colored sketch Daniel did for Max as a gift. It hangs on the wall of Max and Chloe's house, and in return Max took some professional pictures of Daniel and Brooke.

How do we know Nathan didn't cause the storm? The only time it doesn't happen is when he's arrested. Maybe chloe has nothing to do with it.

I don't think the storm is caused by any particular person. It's coming in every timeline at the same time.
It's a constant and I doubt it disappears even when Chloe is dead.

But it does disappear. I think we can assume at chloes funeral it's friday, the day of the storm.

If the storm's about Max using her power then it's still coming because Max used her power prior to saving Chloe. If it's purely about Chloe, then that's too fucking bad because she's not going away anytime soon.
Logically, it cannot be attributed to Max since, as I said, she used her power before that point.
That means it's tied to something or someone else.

Kate is #1

Furthermore, if Max saving people causes storms then why weren't there signs of any more/ a bigger storm clear? She saved a lot of people numerous times, including herself.

>There are people that blame this cute, sweet, helpful, girl for a natural disaster and think that means she needs to be miserable

I think you mean """"people""""

Of course, my bad.

I agree

(((people)))

Max is not as good a person as she thinks she is.

I would go as far as to say she's evil.

Hahahaha how the hell do you faggots like this piece of shit? Hahaha for real I'm surprised this retarded game even has a fandom.

youtube.com/watch?v=LFlMoAasW4A

She would vote for Bernie for sure.

So she's a Bernout? LOL

You are not welcome here.

Wow. A sudden influx of shitposting and baiting.
How uncomfy.

You're right. Max isn't as good as she thinks she is- she's even better!

Do you ever listen to the soundtrack and then just get instantly sad again /lisg/?

I downloaded it after I finished the game, listened to it once and then never again.
Only songs I can hear from it are Glass Walls, Something Good, and Obstacles. The only ones that make me happy and not fill me with depression.

Don't be sad, Chloe! Have a hug and feel better.

think about what happens to Kate if chloe dies...is the truth about the druging revealed? Or is she just going to kill herself later?

There's no guarantee. Kate would likely still be depressed over what happened.
Another concern would be Nathan getting out of trouble because I could see ways lawyers could get him off the hook.
Then there's what happens to those that loved Chloe; Max, Joyce, David. Maybe even Frank.

The Bay ending is just not beneficial to anyone. The only thing it avoids is a storm that could come at any point in the future (With or without supernatural elements).

>implying she wouldn't forsake the whole electoral system to be a marxist revolutionary

Why do you repost this every General?

But Bernie promised marxist revolution...
No refunds though.

Please keeps politics out of /lisg/.

Cap'n Chloe and First Mate Max! Set sail for adventure and cuteness!

Yargh! Ye've been cornered! Surrender yer riches and forfeit yer cookies, else ye walk the plank!

Those comics are cute.

So much cancer in one thread.

>Alola Persian

Worst girl with worst Pokemon. Fitting.

Don't make Vicky cry!