Well Veeky Forums, through my recklessness and trying to be Dagumi, I smacked my car up

Well Veeky Forums, through my recklessness and trying to be Dagumi, I smacked my car up.
What are my options with it if I don't wanna get insurance involved? Part it out? Save up and fix it? I doubt I'd be able to sell it for any real money in this condition.

JUST

I know, user. I feel like shit about it. I don't think it's THAT bad, but... it's AT LEAST a new bumper, and a new headlight casing.

NOT THE FC

It's a convertible S5, since i know that will make some anons not give a fuck.

Still beautiful

Find a shop that could repair the bumper if you can't find one at a junk yard

everyone likes their own car, that one is nice.

its time for a cheap ass ebay body kit or junkyard?

i did that too, see

Looks like a minor fender bender bro take it to a body shop

That picture was when I first got it, and I was so happy that I just had to take pics.

Will look into both options, just trying not to spend too much. I know a new bumper would cost me a good $700, so junkyard would be the better option for sure.

Seems like it, user. I wouldn't even mind the bumper damage if it didn't prevent the light from closing up. I assume the new light housing will be cheap, but the plastic covering it up on the other hand...

Ya, I'm probably just over reacting. It's just I'm poor as fuck, and kinda have no money to fix it. But insurance would be a hassle for reasons, and I don't wanna get them involved.

Assuming you don't carry full coverage on an ancient rotary pile of shit, insurance can't do anything for you anyway since liability only covers accidents involving 2 or more cars.

>Full coverage was cheap, so I do have it
But again, it was entirely my fault, and wouldn't they have some kind of inspection needed, as well as a crash site?

Hood, bumper, radiator support, bumper bracket, lenses, paint. Part it out and don't look back.

Just keep it to hoon.

Thats a very easy repair. Fix her up and keep brappin.
Dont forget about the stupid bolt under the headlight to the bumper off.

You know what to do

Being a vert makes it slightly less bad. But it's still bad. You could try and pop it out. The front should come off fairly easy and with some heat and careful application of force you might clean it up some. The hood and light housing can probably be hammered back into shape. It won't look good but your only options there are a body shop or replacement parts.

Also don't drift cars you want to keep pristene. Personally I'd hammer it out and later use it as an excuse to put on a body kit and a turbo I I hood.

Thing is, it still runs just fine. I drove it all the way home, 10 miles on the highway, still speeding past people.

Will do.

I never expected to keep it pristine. It's my first car, and I didn't plan on modding it at all. Just trying to get some experience before I started looking for a twin turbo FC, or saving for an FD. This was a very good lesson, and while it sucks, it's taught me a damn fine lesson in grip, and not to panic brake. I'm between selling it cheap, and taking the loss, or fixing it the best I can, welding the diff, and just using it to learn drifting. I'd much rather have oversteered than under steered, but that open diff got me on it.

It's really not bad.

Get a new bumper and hood?

throw it off a cliff, call police and report it stolen, collect insurance

go to shopping center with no cameras around, leave for an hour, return to car, claim hit and run, get insurance to fix

Why would it run any differently with a dented bumper and hood?

Get a hairdryer heat the bumper so the paint becomes more flexible. Then with a hammer mend it back

Is there a way to do this on metal? I think it's aluminum (not op btw)

Bumper is like $700 new. I'll try the junkyard first. And the hood looks like it could be banged back into shape easily enough.

I'm not gunna destroy the car. That second one might be an option though.

I don't feel right parting it out since it still runs flawlessly, besides that light.

Didn't think of a hair dryer. Will try this if the shops price is too high.

>Personally I'd hammer it out

In long ago past threads on Veeky Forums, people posted examples of using car jacks and winches (sideways) and bending metal back into shape against walls and telephone poles. That was how they avoided body shops which basically do the same thing using their steel frames and hydraulic jacks.

>return to car, claim hit and run, get insurance to fix
As long as it doesn't look like it was hit by a telephone pole, metal pole, concrete wall, concrete edge, or metal guard. But another car hitting it leaves pretty telltale marks as they tend to slide over instead of bend a heavy metal bumper. A bent front metal bumper usually means an obstacle was hit especially if there is a sharp crease.

>It's a convertible
Nothing of value lost

If it runs fine just drive it. Fix it as best you can and have fun driving it. The hood will be an easy fix. Look up some auto body videos on you tube and give it a shot. Lots of stuff can be done on the cheap and it can look decent when done even by an amateur as long as you do research and plan your approach.

I've used hammers and boards. Jacks. A 2x4 wrapped in egg crate foam. A heat gun. suction cups. All kinds of stuff. There is a lot of things you can do to avoid the body shop provided you don't need it to look brand new. Or you do the body work yourself and buy tools to do it with. Harbor freight has a decent set of body work tools for 50 to 75 bucks. Between that and some bondo and spot painting you could make it unnoticeable except to the trained eye.

Right light fixed lamp conversion.
Left lamp stays pop up
Do whatever with the hood and bumper cover, but please make 'Winky' a thing.

where you at mane?

>being a vert makes it slightly less bad.

You mean slightly more bad.

I mean it matters a bit less that it is dinged up. Verts are the least desirable style.