/hbg/ - Homebrew and hacking general

Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Entrypoints: smealum.github.io/3ds)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.01 (Kernel)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: 3ds.guide/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp
Games: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bt-Yf8V591ENHraRwD8fUQhuzH-a2_mRi0UWSV4NvD0

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-Nintendo is currently removing from the eShop the DSiWare games you need to buy in order to downgrade from 11.2 using the hacked system transfer method. 3ds.guide/dsiware-downgrade
-A new exploit to downgrade from 11.1 is anticipated. If you still haven't got a cfw, DON'T UPDATE: you can use httpwn to play online and access the eShop.
-Users were banned for going online early with Pokemon Sun/Moon. Unbanning is possible. gbatemp.net/threads/450388 gbatemp.net/threads/449251

>Wii U
-A new method to get regionfree has been released. gbatemp.net/threads/448468

>Vita
-PSN spoofing is broken on the Vita for both Henkaku and TaiHenkaku currently.
-Adrenaline released. gist.github.com/TheOfficialFloW/0ed4e09e2d447e631416cb84d7c43107
-taiHENkaku released along with source. tai.henkaku.xyz/
-Some .vpk files can brick your Vita. Be careful. wololo.net/2016/10/04/warning-ps-vita-brickers-in-the-wild/
-Update 3.61 patches HENkaku.

>PS4
-4.06 patches the 4.01 jailbreak, DO NOT UPDATE.

>PS3
-It's possible to run games on OFW 4.70 without ODE and IDPS. gbatemp.net/threads/447577

>Wii
The Homebrew Channel has been open sourced.

Other urls found in this thread:

3ds.guide/9.2.0-downgrade.
gbatemp.net/threads/since-mario-maker-3ds-doesnt-have-online-sharing-like-the-wii-u.451298/
ebay.com/itm/New-Nintendo-3DS-Super-Mario-Land-Edition-Bundle-/291890214137?hash=item43f60334f9:g:iwcAAOSw44BYNIx9
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Daily reminder that Santa Kimishima knows if you've been naughty or nice on your 3DS because your homebrew titles (homebrew launcher, freeshop, etc) are leaked through the Friend Code network.
Get ready for your bans!

Reminder that DS rom loading from SD is not worth waiting for.

I'll do my best!

So I'm trying to downgrade my buddy's 11.2 n3ds with my luma'd 3ds, got to the system transfer and despite confirming the dsiware transfer -- neither steeldiver or exidia transfered over. Was I supposed to transfer my sd card over to his?
Either way, I think I pretty much have to wait two weeks to give this another go now...

Need some help on Step 10 in 3ds.guide/9.2.0-downgrade. It says to delete the Home Menu extdata for my region, but I have two 32 Character ID folders. Do I just delete the extdata in both folders or how do I know which one is the right one?

Swapping SD cards should work too. I know a few people have had the same issue and done that.

Do both. One's probably your emunand if you had one.

What's the bes, fastest DS flashcart seller on the web? I'm in the United States and I'm looking for a DSTT for my 3DS. Everywhere I've looked wants Bitcoin or Paypal.

>Do both. One's probably your emunand if you had one.

Thanks, that worked.

Quick question, I've been getting a yellow screen every time I try to use a save manager on Pokemon Sun, is there any way to fix it? I head the save managers don't work correctly with those games in firmware lower than 11.0, is that true? If it is, can i update my 3DS to 11.2 and still have access to homebrew through menuhax?

>using a homebrew save manager
>being below 10.7 but not getting a9lh
kill yourself

>DSTT

get an R4, Gold is the most suggested one

Not him but which one? There's like 50 different versions of R4.

Some are called R4, some are called R4i, some are called Dual Core, some are called Gold, some are called Gold Pro, some have year numbers on them etc.

If I'm doing PC-based transfer, what all do i need to transfer over to the target 3DS's microSD card?

Why do people tell me this? What makes an R4 better than a DSTT?

An original DSTT won't work on a 3DS without TWL Slot-1 Launcher or NTR Launcher, while just about any DSi-aware R4 clone such as an R4i Gold will.

I want to move from rxtools to superior Luma then install al9h but I have some questions:

> way back when al9h was new and shiny someone said that it had problems with consoles hacked via gateway software, since I hacked it with GW nearly a year ago,what I should do to fix said problems (if any).

>Luma used to have problems with patched TWL_FIRM, so where I can get the default ones?

>pic related. this is my very old, and very messy sd, and I'm unsure about what is a leftover and what is still fnctional, so what I should remove and what I should replace to install Luma

>someone told me that Luma conflicted with Bootmanager, what I should remove/replace or how do I fix it?

>I plan to transfer said emuNAND/hacked sysNAND to another console but I want to give this one to my niece, if I transfer it I will be able to setup another hacked sysNAND?

>this console has RX-E 11.0.0 in the emuNAND and 9.2 in the sysNAND, the target console is 11.1 sysNAND, what I should do with them, update the source emuNAND then procced with the al9h then the transfer?

thanks for your help, and sorry if I sound lost as fuck, but the last time I did something to this console was like 7 or 8 months ago

>> way back when al9h was new and shiny someone said that it had problems with consoles hacked via gateway software, since I hacked it with GW nearly a year ago,what I should do to fix said problems (if any).
That causes troubles with FBI injection. Since you already have an emunand it shouldn't be an issue, but the troubleshooting guide gives instructions anyway.

>>Luma used to have problems with patched TWL_FIRM, so where I can get the default ones?
Not sure off the top of my head but you should be able to download them with 3DNUS. AGB_FIRM too.

>>pic related. this is my very old, and very messy sd, and I'm unsure about what is a leftover and what is still fnctional, so what I should remove and what I should replace to install Luma
Just follow the a9lh + Luma guide like you were installing for the first time, at the end you can clean up and it tells you what to keep.

>>someone told me that Luma conflicted with Bootmanager, what I should remove/replace or how do I fix it?
After following that guide you won't have or need a boot manager.

>I plan to transfer said emuNAND/hacked sysNAND to another console but I want to give this one to my niece, if I transfer it I will be able to setup another hacked sysNAND?
Yes, system transfer doesn't affect whether a console has a9lh or not.

>this console has RX-E 11.0.0 in the emuNAND and 9.2 in the sysNAND, the target console is 11.1 sysNAND, what I should do with them, update the source emuNAND then procced with the al9h then the transfer?
I'd switch to a9lh + 11.2 sysnand on the first console, then system transfer so you can do the DSiWare downgrade method for the target console

>go to 2ch
>find their wifi board
>find their /hbg/
>proceed to ask for イラスト交換日記 w/ DLC dump.
>get error
>can't post because american

Wow, rude. I wish Veeky Forums was like that.

>get an R4, Gold is the most suggested one
>Gold is the most suggested one
>Gold

the DSTT system is shit, slow as fuck, low compatibility, lots of problems, meanwhile an R4 compatible one can run wood, an Acekard RE system that to this date is the best system

What's wrong with YSMenu?

>have DSTT I got pretty much when they launched
>still use it in my 3DS today

I mean I wouldn't suggest anyone go out and buy one today, but you better not call my cartfu disgusting

thanks for the fast reply.
so basically I just need to follow the new guide in the OP right?

thanks again. bro.

wood is better and is themeable

Themes and crap like that don't matter. Is there some massive compatibility problem when using YSMenu or am I missing something?

gbatemp.net/threads/since-mario-maker-3ds-doesnt-have-online-sharing-like-the-wii-u.451298/

at least i did face a lot of problems when running YSMenu in the old DSTT i sold, a friend also have had problems with it, so you could say its more like a bad experience with the software, but so far the Acekard menu hasn't failed me not even once

>but so far the Acekard menu hasn't failed me not even once
I'm still using AKAIO on my old AK2i and it's not giving me any issues.

1,9? I updated my 2i i found the other day that went missing for years, no more slot 1 loader for this guy.
Shame about the ugly ass horse game icon.
Also organised my rom collection, trimmed and ap patched the lot onto an 8gb card, comfy.
Shame the skins are shit.

Has there been any progress besides booting homebrew?

What's a short guide from the moment I finish installing Luma to getting prepared to download games? Do I need to add anything else to the SD card? Do I need to update anything? Do I need to disable something?

How are you today /tsg/?

DLDI speeds have increased.

I downgraded to the 3DS menu 2.0 bootloader. The chess icon is a little less gaudy plus it boots much faster.

Get freeShop for convenience. But that's about it.

First of all you need an CIA installer like FBI or NASA if you download your games from 3DSISO or whatever. The better alternative is Freeshop, it lets you download games and dlc straight from Nintendo's servers to your 3DS.

After finishing the a9lh + Luma guide you already have FBI.

Ah I see.

I wonder if makerhax will be a thing, it reeks of smashstack tier potential with all this variable input for the stages.

Could wonder the same about the wiiu version really, serve as a nice little secondary exploit.

>that 20$ powersaves you used for oot3dhax is just a paperweight now

it was needed for a good cause user....don't feel bad

I don't even know where I left mine.

Anyone have a link to the no border Sun/Moon cia?

How do I completely remove menuhax?

>I wish Veeky Forums was like that.
Spotted the newfag

Change the theme.

I have no idea how 2ch works but Veeky Forums only blocks certain regions based on behavior.

>he doesn't have a jap proxy

LOL

How to dl and add nes/snes games to 3ds?

I figured how to install via .cia files already but not this. I have a flashcart too.

I guess I didn't think of that. Thanks, user.

Why the fuck would you ever remove Menuhax?

Just sell it cheaper to someone who also wants to hack.

Argentina earned that one.

Because it's shit and you should be on a9lh.

is xbone piracy a thing yet?

Owning a Xbox in basically 2017.

Is it worth it to hack my Wii U yet?

Yeah. It's called PC piracy.

You still need menuhax though. Unless there's a function added that I forgot?

>pc
>red dead redemption
I need an xbone

The mario maker ext data screen is of a fucking mario-brand pigeon eating peas still in their pod.
What the fuck.

Get purchasing that PS Now subscription and you can have all the PC RDR you want.

not that user but I'm in a similar situation, when you say " follow the a9lh + Luma guide like you were installing for the first time, at the end you can clean up and it tells you what to keep." that means start from zero again? I should do it on a clean sd or in the current sd?

ebay.com/itm/New-Nintendo-3DS-Super-Mario-Land-Edition-Bundle-/291890214137?hash=item43f60334f9:g:iwcAAOSw44BYNIx9

Plan on buying this since my other 3DS broke. All of them should be 10.7 if they're new right?

You don't need menuhax at all once you've finished.
I haven't touched it since I first install a9lh

No you don't? The entire point of a9lhax is to be a much faster and more reliable replacement to menuhax. Unless you're on 11.0, no reason to still be using it.

current SD is fine. You don't need to uninstall anything beforehand.

ye

It means if you want to delete stuff from your SD card after you've finished. Just compare with the list if gives at the end and make sure it isn't on there

Where on a9lh do you ever need to use Menuhax?

>a9lh
>you still need menuhax

What the fuck have I been doing all this time?

Tell me more, i thought cfw would block that data

I dont have a faggoty playstation you cuck

Mario Maker online level-sharing hub homebrew when?

Only you can answer that.

Exploring opportunities right now.
ext data extraction is tedious to say the least, installs a lot of shit.

so I really need to start over, ok, thanks friends.

by the way plailect himself changed the guide? I feel it way messier than the previous one (the lateral index was very helpful) and the step-by-step was better for idiots like me.
this one feels weird.

>tfw we've had nearly two straight years of nothing but stability

>still no downgrade softhax for 11.0 n3ds

That sort of worked but sort of didn't. there still lots of menuhax files on my sd card

You are a legend. Good luck, user. I hope you can find a way to do it.

Nearly 6 years, you mean

Excuse if this is bad question but why can't you just burn an exact copy of a game disc to pirate it?

No, he means nothing but stability.
9.6 actually gave something else.

If I buy a new ps vita from Japan what firmware will it probably have installed on it?

Except I meant consecutive years where every update has been nothing but stability updates.

3.70 because Japan is the land of the future

Hardly anything got added with the "big" updates anyway. Usually just basic features the console should have launched with.

Total console homebrew virgin here.

I was wondering about buying a Retron 5 but it is too expensive and it being emulation means I should probably try to softmod a Wii or a Raspberry Pi instead.

Is homebrew for them as easy as PSP homebrew? That is the only experience I have.

So while my PS tv is updating to 3.60, what steps do I need to do in order to get muh pirated games?
The pastebin has a lot of guides for installing things, but not exactly a guide as to what I actually need from all of these.

It will be a while until I get my memory card anyway.

Don't do it. Vita is alive there, you might get a post 3.60 one

Burnable optical discs have certain regions that can't be modified, unlike pressed optical discs.
An optical disc press is far, far too expensive for you or I to buy one.

Retron 5 is fucking garbage. Wii is also fairly underpowered and I think lacks USB-HID support but is otherwise a solid emulation box and they're all fairly easily hacked.
Raspberry Pi isn't even homebrew, it's made for this sort of thing.

The manner in which they are produced writes to areas that average burners cannot, they must also be read by a drive that can read these areas for a 1:1 copy, this is harder than it sounds.
The difference between a dreamcast and a xbox360 is in the dvd drive firmware for the most part, because the copies one could make would have their data shuffled around a little to be physically possible to even burn the discs the firmware had to be modified to accomodate this, the anti piracy features were nullified and it was made more lenient about disc errors, it was still a little snitch for the most part due to imperfections in the data, which is why we had to obtain the security sectors and such from the repo.
You didn't so much hack the console as the drive it trusted to handle this business, the flaw was in what was pretty much a third party component.

Even older an example of that is a form of copy protection on floppies that read the data in a rather fucked up manner, I'm just a bit too young to know those days but i imagine simply imaging the floppy was off the table.

Get HENkaku (taiHENkaku if you care about PSP stuff), MaiDumpTool and Adrenaline (for PSP stuff)
Done.

And no one has thought to market burnable discs that allow those regions to be modified?

Sheeeeeeit, okay.

>floppies

what? everyone copied floppies those days

it was so easy you didn't need to image the floppy

But the game knew, it didn't read them in a normal manner. It was a special AP trick rather than all floppies.
I believe more detail is on that guys site who archives all the old scene nfo's and shit like that as a historian. I forget how it was defeated, probably cracked to read normally.

It's impossible for a DVD drive to alter the groove wobble in a DVD-R. It's the physical shape of the data track on the disk.

Hmm...

Well couldn't some company buy the required hardware and sell bootleg copies for cheap then?

>the game knew
how did "the game" know when you only needed to keep the disk in the drive in the 80's with 512k hard drives?

I NEVER needed to crack a floppy in all my days