ITT: Cars that a normie would think is expensive, but isn't

ITT: Cars that a normie would think is expensive, but isn't.

Sup Ahmed?

maybe american normies
Euronormies know that they're super cheap

Arent they expensive to maintain?

Not too bad unless you get the 12 pot. That engine has a separate ecu for each cylinder bank, shits prime.

At least the top trims with self-leveling. Wouldn't get one unless I had a bunch of extra cash lying around.

i want an e38

should i get an e38

>im not scared of the maintenance as i am a BMW/Audi moneypit veteran

Any used Cadillac

nobody thinks ancient """luxury""" cars are expensive

Op said normies, calm yourself

No normie thinks this old ass looking BMW was expensive. Normies see the newness of the car as the primary trait.

>le nurmies XDDD
>they don't know as much as me
>yeah I run windows and stream entry-level music through youtube, but THEY are the normies, not me!!!
log out

Fuck off autismo

>pic absolutely not related

Literally all of these cars make you look poor unless you are an old white man with horn rimmed glasses that is obviously old money.

is right, these both look ancient, but this on the other hand

This

OP, you want a car to look expensive to normies? get a car with nice curves that is cheap and does not look dated no matter the age

I have an 08 Volvo C30 and even in fucking black chicks think its a brand new car because of its styling, now imagine something like that in the polememe blue or some other eye catching color

another example IMO, is a deep red RX8, a lotus Elise in bright orange or even Mini cooper S in blue with stripes, a nice colored third gen MR2 will also do the trick

do not go for the ancient luxury meme, yes the meme badge that every normy thinks its expensive is there, but the cars look dated as fuck, every one will know you are driving a 2 decade old german car

if you want to look old money, do not get an old bimer or a merc, get a fucking actually old money Jaguar in British green

I'm not looking to buy one of these cars lmfao

Then buy a boxy dated old german car, just know nobody will think you are rolling on money just because you are driving an old luxury car that has hit its bottom in the depreciation curve

I'm not buying anything you nigger. Gtfo with this self righteous shit

Old volvo, Prelude, eclipse, and any merc.

this car is expensive as fuck to maintain

Poor man's ferrari

>cars that high schoolers would think are expensive

Buy the 750 or the 740 if the timing chain and guides and cooling system have been done.

Normies would think it's expensive as well, faggot.

Nobody thinks old Volvos are expensive lol

Any car ITT would not be considered expensive by a normie except maybe this

the 850csi costs a fortune though

Find any car driven by a sandnigger or poo-in-loo near you.

Drive that same car. None of them cost over $15,000

At least in the US.

Also, Hudson Hornets, and maybe a Buick Skylark (caution: boomer territory).

No they really wouldn't.

>car driven by a sandnigger or poo-in-loo
300c
Charger
C230
328i
A4

What else?

Other way around, cars that normies would think are cheap cuz they are old as shit, but are actually expensive.

>cars that should be cheap but people insist they are valuable and manage to sell

Nah, people are dumb as shit. They know all about the depreciation meme but somehow it doesn't line up with upmarket used foreign (read; Audi, BMW, Mercedes, etc.) models being much cheaper.

How clean it is also plays a part. A dusty, filthy 201X Acura whatever isn't going to impress anyone, but an immaculate E46 might as it doesn't look particularly dated. The E36 is stretching it though, and an E30 is clearly older.

Thing is the E90 and F30 look pretty similar design wise, but E46 back is clearly older BMW design.

e46 has a timeless body, e9x look dated already

"Wow. SO cute. Is that a Ferrari?"

In my experience (I own one). Was kind of surprising

It's clearly a little older but I wouldn't say it looks dated. Modern enough, but not as bloated as the newer BMWs.

How and why are people fooled by that?

One word for you: Niggers

I think most people don't know what is it. I guess it looks like a 911 if you squint your eyes idk

Coupe or sedan makes a bit of a difference too. Something like an E36 coupe looks small and dated while the sedan, while also clearly an older model has presence to it.

You probably wouldn't be turning heads in a black E36 sedan but it wouldn't at all look bad or out of place anywhere as long as you kept it clean.

Either way the E30 is going to look old and distinctly different from anything else on the road. Prices on these are only going up now.

>muh classic model
>the 318i is like a mini M3, $15,000 no lowballers I know what I got

>a 20 year old toyota
>expensive looking to even the most basic of all basic normies

I sometimes get grief about driving a "fancy" Lexus. I have an 02 IS300. Some people see the badge and assume it's expensive. Probably couldn't sell my car for 4k at this point.

Also clearly old, but imposing as fuck. This old dude I know from work has an E24 and it sounds like thunder.

BRING IT BACK

Literally no one thinks these are expensive cars. How delusional do you have to be...

>Cars that a normie would think is expensive, but isn't.
Uh, it will be when it will break and you will fix it. Still a cool car though, I'd swap the engine of one if I got money.

This is the only time an LS swap is acceptable.

Keep it in the ground where it belongs, pls.

The only Bimmer in this thread that looks expensive to anyone. The styling is so subdued and streamlined for an 80's car it looks quite beautiful in person

How can you say that? Although I agree if it ends up without a v12 and looks as disgusting as other modern BMWs

Cheap to buy, expensive if something breaks.

Old NSX. You can get high mileage examples for under $30k and people will ask if it's a Ferrari on a near daily basis.

And like the e38 isn't?

Why not just get a third gen Supra? Its just as slow, but has a lower meme tax.

If you buy an NSX for 25k (about as low as it gets), you will not be happy when you have to spend that amount again to unshit it.

e90s are now less than 10k aud
any model earlier looks old to normies

>BMW
>any BMW

haha epic

Now that is fucking gruesome.

But these are actually expensive af for a 10+ years car. You can either buy a decent one for around 12-15k EUR or spend less and put a shitton of money to get it running properly.

They're not that expensive to repair, they're reliable and they don't rust. In europe there's a plethora of used parts for 90s mercs. Any R129, maybe with an exception of SL600, will be far cheaper to maintain than most 2000+ benzos

This is the only true statement about Bimmers in this thread.

>auto
>targa

get fucked dude, i literally am about to buy this car, the last thing i need is some retard driving the prices up

Most normies don't know what scion is and think this is expensive and rare. I really don't like that kind of attention though, makes me wish I got something else that's in the 10-15k range.

Normies don't think old BMWs are expensive. I mean ffs you see Arab pizzeria workers driving them.

I agree, I bought one earlier this year and while a pain in the ass to bring back to where it needs to be mechanically, not nearly as bad as my friends E55.
Pic related, mine.

>board for cars
>bringing up somebody's OS

go back to /g/, nerd

My friend got one because "ey ey ey ey hol up eyo Tupac Shakur got one nigga"

Shit kept breaking down every few days, he promtly sold it a few months later.

I'm not gonna lie, I loved the interior and the way it sat low.

This is true.

I saw a guy drive with a nice red one and this chick had her eyes glued on it the whole time.

>NSX
>under $30k
Are you visiting from 2008?

>Most normies don't know what scion is and think this is expensive and rare.
lol are you sure

they're cheap to park, expensive to drive

Youre dumb as fuck.
Alot of people i know mix BMW and Mercedes with Ferrari and Lamborghini in terms of being expensive to buy and maintain. Yes even any older BMW no matter how easy it is to work on.

Personally i want an older BMW.

No one thinks that shitbox is expensive.
Kys

lol yeah right, it must be so rough with all those people thinking your shitbox is some unicorn

the real reason you wish you got something else in 10-15k range is because it would've been a better car

you kys

I called a local shop to see how much an LS swap would be. It was 8k, if I provided engine+transmission.

TWELVE

>LS swapping an 850CSi
I sure hope you mean a regular 8x0, because the CSi is super valuable and rare and nice.

I think E30s are expensive cars... Because they are, at least in my country. A guy I know paid 12k for a 325 with an engine that blew on his way home (and he knew it was knackered and was expecting to rebuild it anyway, but didn't expect it to shit the bucket quite so soon).

most people think scion is one of those cookie-cutter Korean brands and not toyotas underdog branch

yes but any E30 is absolutely worth the money

De-Badged Optima. Looks pretty damn close to a Lexus at night, maybe even a bit better. inb4 shill.

That's just shameful. Like being ashamed of owning a Kia.

My pic is the newest Mazda 6, specially the black one.

Yeah, an 840ci. If I'm going to swap an 850CSI, it'll be with the McLaren F1 engine or the new BMW V12.

>ITT: "not expensive" cars that cost multiple times their worth in maintenance