/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

The old thread, bumped to the limit by men, is now home only to shitposters: >A google doc with basic information. If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
Official PvP Chalice: hizzngr3 (Pthumeru Root)
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne Damage Calculations and Formulas
pastebin.com/YnRRZPMp

REDDIT LOREFAGS ARE FUCKING RETARDED

WHY
CANT
YOU
ALL
JUST
GET
ALONG

someone explain op's pic to me

Explain.

It's possible that after beating LFs that one of them won't die, and you can drag it in to Maria's boss room before you trigger the fight.

That picture is what happens.

user gets visceraled by Maria as a Living Failure who wandered in unveils the cosmos

The whole image just looks completely absurd really

thats amazing

>teh fayce wen user uses the meme that I once suggested
My life is complete now

What exactly makes the FPS so inconsistent? For example my first fight against Darkbeast Paarl absolutely shit on my framerate, but that wasn't the case on my 2nd time around. The unseen village is also giving me a shit frame rate on my 2nd playthrough, although it didn't in my first. Other bosses such as BSB, Ludwig, and the fire doggo from the chalice dungeons all have given me different frame rates depending on the playthrough, so what exactly is going on?

I only get FPS drops when I'm standing right in the middle of a blood explosion, face-first in One Reborn corpse explosions or a single random one during chalice co-op, very rarely. It's always pretty consistent for me.

What if everyone is overthinking Oedon, and he's simply the Amygdala that lives on Oedon chapel? The lore says he has no physical form, but maybe that's just because nobody went over 40 Insight?

what stats do I want on my cursed phys gems? (for pve)

Its possible but I doubt it. The connections between Oedon and the moon presence are too great imo.

Not to mention there is a perfect window in Oedon chapel that allows moonlight to come in and you can see the moon perfectly if you look up, and on top of that this beam of moonlight is right next to the prostitute.

We do not have anything concrete on Oedon, but the description of Formless Oedon implies activity on his part in actively searching for blood or doing stuff.

Amy's seem pretty content on just existing and not doing much

Radiant gems give stamina usage down so you can attack more without running out of stamina

The fur, do not get the camera inside it or close to it.

what about triangles?

>The connections between Oedon and the moon presence are too great imo.

What are the connections between Oedon and MP? The note in the lecture hall calls MP nameless, and everyone seems to know the name Oedon.

Because than we would have nothing to do, I love removing filth. Also. the child looks deformed.

Is there a limit on how many blood gems I can carry? I gave up on selling the useless ones a while ago and now it's getting out of hand.

Well its the obvious connectio between Oedon and Arianna's child, the umbilical cord says

"
"Every Great One loses its child, and then yearns for a surrogate, and Oedon, the formless Great One, is no different. To think, it was corrupted blood that began this eldritch liaison." - Arianna's Child"

It states corrupted blood, now you could say this is because she is a prostitute but I think its more than that. Arianna has blonde hair, and no one else in game does with the exception of queen of the vilebloods who has white hair. I don't think its too much of a stretch to connect "corrupted blood" with vile blood.

And that goes back to the deal with Annalise, queen of the vile bloods. Blood dregs clearly look like sperm, and it says only vilebloods can see them. So moon presence influenced the vilebloods so they go out and hunt hunters (who he also influenced to start). So now we have this kind of bioaccumulation, hunters take tons of blood so blood dregs slowly build up inside them. Vilebloods kill the hunters and take these built up dregs and give the pure dregs to the queen. Now she has a fuckload of them inside her and this is why she cant die. Moon presence has no physical form, but since the queen has so much of thse dregs inside her he can physically influence her, i.e. she cannot die.

"The Great One Oedon, lacking form, exists only in voice"

This voice comes across as Annalise, The moonlight great sword (started the hunts) and i think he also created the beast plague. The start of the game you see a beast rise from red blood, literally beasts are born from the same blood the moon presence has. I think the entire beast epidemic was influenced by the moon presence/ oedon to inevitably lead to someone like annalise/ arianna that could birth him a child.

"Radiant" is a type of gem, not a shape

Yes getting a gem when you have 99 in your inventory and item box will delete that gem

What's the significance of the bell toll? You hear it in the DLC too. In Ds1 the bell toll signified a player beating the Gargoyle boss, there's nothing like that in BB.

The louder you hear it, the closer you are to uncovering secrets that were meant to be kept secret. You are than supposed to be silenced.

Oh, you'll find out once you get to the Hamlet.

He's not talking about the resonant bell and Bador you dinks.

Sometimes there's a loud BELL that rings in Yharnam at seemingly random intervals.

I have never hard that in the DLC, just Brador's bell.

No that's the bell ring, i'm talking about the bell TOLL.

>I don't think its too much of a stretch to connect "corrupted blood" with vile blood.
Agreed. "Vile blood" is church slang for Pthumerian blood, which Arianna has.
I don't know what you're trying to say with the rest of your post. None of that connects Oedon to MP.

In Central Yharnam it causes the huntsman patrols to stop and start. I assume it's just the bells in the astral clocktower, it doesn't have any real significance.

Jesus how long is it going to take to farm these gems

>Make character
>Play for 4 and a half hours
>Become super disappointed in her appearance

>Delete all that progress and make a new character.

Post screenshots of your hunters if you want them drawn

Already have mine drawn but to other anons, definitely let them draw it by him. He's gud

Sorry I'm trying to connect a lot of thoughts and I have a tendency to ramble.

Basically what I'm trying to say is this.

There is evidence suggesting Moon presence influenced the creation of the beasts, and the creation of vilebloods to have a child.

Due to ariannas association with cainhurst, she has the blood Oedon/moon presence would need to give birth.

>tfw enjoy playing BB a lot more than Ds3 but the dressup is significantly weaker with less overall options

Moon Presence created the scourge to punish Pthumerians who violated the reproductive contracts they held with the Great Ones.

What if the true ending, when killing moon presence is actually him having a child? Let's not go too far into the biological concept of father child, but let's try to see it from a heritage point of view. Probably countless of hunters have tried killing moon presence but only the good hunter was able to slain him and take his place as moon presence in order to krep the hunter's nightmare going.

Is that the Yharnam hunter top? It looks so much better close up, I don't like how it looks in motion.

You're a cool dude user

This makes strong internal sense

>Be unwilling/unable to contain your animalistic instinct to fuck and reproduce without at least getting married
>Become cursed with a regression that turns you into a proper animal, fangs and all.

yes
I can see why, the slip at the lower back cal look kind of silly
Otherwise, its my favorite of the three hunter sets (that I have anyway)

Not trying to be a dick but where do you get that from?

Possibly, but I think you become a paleblood great one, you dont look blood related to the moon presence at all. You become an invertabrate,more associated with deep sea great ones.

DaS3's best dressup option is Pope Robes. I wish BB had more fashion options, but then again, I don't want fifteen samey plate armours.

Didn't realize how blurry that one was, heres a better shot of the face and stuff

Bastard of Loran, Ring of Betrothal.

is that geralt of rivia?

>There is evidence suggesting Moon presence influenced the creation of the beasts
What is the evidence? AFAIK the beast plague is a side effect of humans dabbling with Great One blood (Ebrietas' blood, in the case of the Healing Church) to cure other diseases.

>creation of vilebloods to have a child
What relates that to Oedon?

>Due to ariannas association with cainhurst, she has the blood Oedon/moon presence would need to give birth
Agreed, she has Oedon's child (if you send her to Oedon chapel) because of her Cainhurst/Pthumerian blood. But what does that have to do with MP?

Hmm, that's true. In order for that to be still valid you would have to provide proof, that great ones run evolution from, snailfu to something bigger to something bigger.

Well Ds3 also took some of the best looking sets from 1 and 2 so of course it's going to have an advantage there. It's just that with BB i've been wearing the hunter garb since i've started and haven't changed it since (it also looks damn good anyway), all I do is change my boots and hat.

which outfit is that?

that looks like geralt

Looks like something Veeky Forums would wear.

Like was said hereRing of Betrothal shows us that marriage was special and governed by the Great Ones to some degree. Bastard of Loran shows us that "Bastard" children were HATED by Great Ones. In BB all curses are thanks to angry Great Ones.

Not to mention Queen Annalise's response to being shown the ring:
> Speak not, those words. We have little need of a consort. Such a path would belike lead to further ruin. Thou'rt dear to Us. We would see no harm befall thee.
She knows damn well how bad it can be to take a wedding vow or produce a child lightly. She's saving herself for Oedon.

Are chikage builds a meme or is the chikage actually useful as a PvE weapon?

Yamamura's Hunter Set minus the hat

>get killed by bagman
>wake up here
Nani?

It's a very powerful weapon in its tricked form when you have high Blt. R1 spam in tricked form does a ton of damage and triggers rapid poison. The untricked form is a bit shite. The R1->L1 or L1->R1 attack is amazing.
The problem is that until you have Chikage, leveling Blt does nothing for you, and getting the Chikage involves beating Logarius, which isn't that easy to do at a low level with no good weapons.

If you're on your first playthrough, leave this thread before you have shit spoiled.

MALEDICTO

I tend to switch between three or four outfits I'm fond of, but I'm autistic enough that I also need to pair them up with specific weapons or I'm not happy. I could never much from DaS3 I was happy with, a lot of the armour was just too bulky or bland for my tatses. Bloodborne's stuff has more flair to it, prim and proper Hunter garb to tattered Yahar'gul rags, Knight clothing and armour, there's little that doesn't ever look good in that game.

>What is the evidence?
Couple of things that you're free to disagree with but here they are

In the opening cutscene we see a beast rise from red blood, who then burns up when he touches you. I think this is almost a vision of some kind, the beast is born of red blood, and dies to paleblood. The moon presence has red blood, and I think thats extrememly important considering every other celestial being has pale blood.

Ludwig, one of the first hunters was largely led by the moonlight greatsword, which guided him in the hunt against beasts.

Annalise had a liason with the moon presence as we talked about earlier.

As the moon gets closer beasthood becomes more prominent and more people become insane.

I think people are descended or directly related to the moon presence, as they both have red blood. As the night progresses two things happen, the moon draws closer and people become more insane.

So why is the night so bad on the night of the game? I think its because mergo, a paleblood great one is being born. And Moon presence is freaking the fuck out because look how much effort is required to have a child. He does not want any competition from a competiting species. Once you kill rom, roms sphere of influence in the moon plane is gone so MP can get real fucking close to earth and start massively influencing people. He's doing everything he can to make mergo is killed, because thats what ends the night and makes MP calm down.

Basically what I'm trying to say is MP has the most to gain from the hunts, and given his association with the early hunters, and vilebloods its not hard to imagine he's the big boy pulling the strings.

>What relates that to Oedon?

I'm mostly drawing parallels but that is the biggest thing in my head canon that doesnt really make sense.

Hm I never really looked at it this way, But I like this idea a lot. I gotta think about it but this makes a lot of sense.

SANGUINE

S A N G U I N E

this game is fucking amazing so far but holy FUCK if that two hunter fight with the faggot wielding the rifle spear isn't complete bullshit

>teehee its a huge cone that still staggers you even at the very end of its range and i have infinite bullets and quickstep literally all of your melee swings or poise through them and shoot you anyway :^)

I have a shitload of choices now though, i can go through the church doors, to the right where those two hunters were, to the left to Hemwick, or through the big courtyard in Cathedral Ward. Any reason i shouldn't go right?

No

Yes

THis has me curious.

Why are hunters like ten times more difficult than any other boss? They are all easily able to kick my ass but fucking bosses are easy as sin compared to them.

Fuck enemy hunters. They have a gorillion HP and stalk you to the ends of the zone.

After playing a shitton of BB the last few days I have decided to go back to ds3 someday but with a bb build. Any ds3 fags here that could give me a fun bb build?

Hunters are also really easy if you're not shit.

Just play smart my man. Did a playthrough the other day to get a new build ready for chalices and none of the hunters were an issue. Killed the Bloody Crow without popping a vial. Beat down Black and White after Ludwig with little to no effort.

Seriously, just fight them like you would any other enemy. That's all they are.

>Like any other enemy

>Slow telegraphed attacks versus player-hunter animations
>Rolling and dodging like a player
>Bullshit blunderbuss shots out of nowhere

Spam whatever fast attack you have and dash out whenever you're low on stamina.

Parry. Gun spam if you want, they stagger from it just like you do.

They are not difficult.

Fuck this area.
Fuck instakill grabs.
Those Bagmen are the most bullshit motherfuckers so far.
Then i gotta avoid not one but TWO giant pigs
And I cant even go get more Blood Vials.
fuckin epic

There's a lamp maybe 15 seconds away from where you start.

You're in an area at a much lower level than you're supposed to be. That's the gimmick of the bagmen: they drag you to a later game area.

You're absolutely retarded for not figuring this out yourself and instead making me spell it out for you.

It's literally up two flights of stairs with no barriers. Anyone that's exploring will find it in like 2 minutes tops.

Seriously, if this is your first playthrough you should really stop posting so you won't get spoiled.

Go to Hemwick first, then check out the area past where you fight the two hunters (tip: bring a gun to lure two big lads close to you, there's some of those crawler things with upgrade items down there, sucks to lose them). Once you've done that, check out the rest of the Cathedral Ward.

Think about them this way - they're you, and can do anything you can, and look what you can do.

ive already been spoiled
I just didnt know about this place

Play the game blind, user, git outta this general before spoilers.

You're also in an area you're underlevelled for, purposely. It's supposed to be hard and scary.

It's never too early for Yahar'gul.

It's never time for fucking Yarharhar

should i not be in Hyporgean Gaol (or however the fuck you spell it) at 35? I'm getting fucking raped by these jailers and those fucking jack in the boxes

I feel like i've been playing for ages but i've only fought Cleric Beast, Gascoine and BSB.

go fight amelia in the cathedral ward

Yahar'gul is a chill place before you kill Rom, although there's nothing to do here other than farming shitty blood stones, getting the Yahar'gul hunter set and Tonitrus.
Paarl is a pain in the ass but whatever, at least it's not the Loran version.

tfw keep getting 26.3% gems instead of 27.2%

Crossbow in offhand and a weapon in the other is about the best you can do. Maybe have a parrying dagger in offhand as well so you can still have parries.

Get some weapon with a stylish Weapon Art to fill the void the copypasted movesets between weapon classes will leave in you.

Describe the jack in the boxes for me, because I'm having a hard time picture what you mean, because it certainly isn't what I think it is.

Hypogean Gaol is actually a later game area, but you can visit it early, good for farming echoes and some upgrade materials, also has some spooky music to boot.

>Arianna has blonde hair, and no one else in game does

Valtr too, doesn't he?

Yes.

Alfred, Valtr, Lady Maria

Late, and not a hoonter, but can you draw Brador? I love the fuck but he gets so little decent fanart.

>he gets so little decent fanart
Because he's an ass.

I'll add him to my list, no problem.

Based MenasLG. Great stuff you're doing for this general

how are the others posted earlier getting along? When do you think you'll be finished?

There's seven hoonters in this batch, I'll post them tomorrow most likely

Infrequent browser here, these are pretty noice, have there been any more?