/owg/ Overwatch General

game is a fucking piece of shit but hey atleast we got a new koth map!

>Official Website and Community
playoverwatch.com
us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/

>Overwatch Dev Tracker
overstalk.io/

>Wiki
overwatch.gamepedia.com/Overwatch_Wiki

>Convert source mouse sensitivity
jscalc.io/calc/djyxBymfcWCIgD4f

>Stats and Leaderboards
masteroverwatch.com
overbuff.com/

>Competitive Info
gosugamers.net/overwatch
over.gg/

Previous thread:

im gay and i play overwatch

WHERE

IS

OASIS

REAL WIDESCREEN SUPPORT WHEN

Space is fun
Kerbal is fun
Squad is fun

What are good mouse sensitivity settings in the game options? Mind you I don't have no gaming mouse so that's all I can change.

Never.

>have 1500 gold
>buy cyberspace sombra, emote and highlight
>remember that Christmas skins will be 3000 coins per skin

WHAT DID I JUST DO?!

nerf ult charge by a further 30%

never ever, Blizz would probably say something like "more information gives an advantage to players with high resolutions"

Why do I love Widowmaker so much? It's pretty simple when I think about it. Widowmaker isn't just the best hero in overwatch, she might be the future Queen of Waifus Just imaging her grappling through the sands of Anubis, the wind in her hair, her mighty rifle with her. As she grapples through the objectives, the men swoon at her very scent. They know how she smells, the essence of her smell is sold in the blizzard store under the the name of "Blueberry pie scent". The very nature of Widowmaker is mystery. could she be playing a deeper game than even her creator realizes? The answer is yes, she has transcended such boundaries as the written world, and has free will to do whatever she sees fit. However, Widowmaker is filled with such guile, such french smugness that she does not even use these powers. Why, you might ask? You will never know, for the mind of the Widowmaker is not one that is easily penetrated. Widowmaker is such a force of nature in her realm that nothing can truly touch her, the only thing keeping her bound to the game at all is her will to exist within the preordained boundaries of her world. Widowmaker is not only beyond the comprehension of us, she exists within a plane of true focus and beauty. Observe her smug smile, her gorgeous and rippling ass, her cute nose, and most importantly, her eyes. Her eyes, like pools of saffron, provide the only glimpse into the true machinations of Widowmaker. Do not stare into them. Many good men have gone mad in the attempt. Widowmaker is not just a character, a formless collection of words and images, she is herself is the binding that holds the saga together. Without Widowmaker, the entire game, the entirety of Blizzard as we know it crumbles. The temple of anubis would freeze without Widowmaker, Eichenwalde would become a desolate crater, Ecopoint: Antarctica would melt without her frosty gaze. These are just of a few of the reasons why I like Widowmaker so much

What would you rate the new map?

Goddammit, Quickplay sucks. It is just a giant waste of time for people want to win, because all the shittiest SR 2000 players pick characters they don't know how to play, do absolutely nothing, and I'm stuck with gold elims as support.

Posting the cutest image I've ever seen in this general.

Australian Thunderdome map with hazards when?

I'm not even gonna bother.
Here's your (You).

Holy shit guys they buffed Sombra! Look she is good now!

Legendary rates are higher during events, don't worry.
It's pretty stupid to waste coins on them.

Amélie Lacroix
Christmas loot SOON.

serious question:
you people that do not goto the objective at the start of the match, what are you doing? do you not realize that you are making half your team fight their entire team? and shitting up the reinforcement timing for the entire match?

Why are there not many tankslut/dpsslut games?

What should Widowmaker's Wintermas skin be? I think Ice Queen would be nice.

Finally based blizzard.

why does nobody ever post the fucking discord, no wonder this shit is always dead

You go to the enemies and not to the objective.

>Playing with diamond/masters/a few plat shitters
>Ilios map, first one Ruins, second one Lighthouse
>Picking Widowmaker
>Literally everyone on my team going rampage sperging around
>Enemy supports constantly dead, same as their shitty memecree
>After the match ended the enemy team says "You were carried by that widowmaker" just after our roadhog started to spam "gg izi"

Jesus christ, how is there so many retards playing this game? Widowmaker is actually good IF YOU KNOW HOW TO USE IT RETARDS.

It doesn't matter how many shitters you kill, is the QUALITY OF THE PICKS what's matter. If you constantly shit on the supports and the enemy DPS then you're doing your job as Widowmaker.

LEARN
TO
PLAY
RETARDS

Or go back to League of Leguends to keep sperging there like the braindead monkeys you are.

Blizzard is mentally ill, backwards, and overly self-important so don't expect your feedback to count.

That is unless of course your feedback is that the low frequency of Sombra's gun sound triggers you.

naw bro trust me
I'm going around and buttfucking them
if they turn around to deal with me you can buttfuck them
it's perfect

How do you counter the Bastion/Rein/Ana combo

>IF YOU KNOW HOW TO USE IT

Not really. You can bodyshot all day now.

CHRISTMAS SKINS WHEN?

but its always always always me vs 2-3 of them while you dick around in some offlane vs nobody

next tuesday

all in the bastion

The 6th or 13th

You're a big boy
You can handle it
I believe in you

the 6v6 matchmaking format means that there's really no way to just have a relaxing game where you muck about like TF2 or battlefield

somebody in the match is always taking it super seriously and REEEEE-ing when you're not topping the scoreboard when you're just trying to drink some sugary drinks and chill out

I intend to start reminding everyone every day that Soldier 76 is a good dad.

But that gives you a 50/50 chance of doing your job, if you're consistent with the Headshots then you have 100% of chances of doing what you're supposed to do.

Anyway the point is still there, people who don't understand mechanics are the ones who complaint about Widowmaker, especially the retards who has no idea how to AIM or at least played games like CS 1.6 or Quake with railguns,

Take some butt.

I don't know. I wish it was more popular than it was

>trying to drink some sugary drinks
Nice diabeetus, Americunt

Isn't QP supposed to be a mode where you can fuck around and chill?

I have $300 ready for the christmas loot boxes. So hyped.

So what do you guys think of the new map?

Been trying to improve with playing Ana. She has a pretty good ability combo set and it helps she's a healer. Any tips for playing as her?

Aim.

>wasting all those money for shitty cosmetics that you can get by just playing
fucking retards

Lolno not when they put in the shitty hero limit now its hurr go to arcade man :^) im trying to practice for comp :^)

I think just last thread there were people getting salty over people not going full tryhard in QP

Every other QP game I join has people whining, at somebody else, so

always lands your sleep darts
always go for cheeky sleep darts
press tab and see who has ult before using your ult

I feel you my good man.

I used to love playing as a BLU attack engineer with a friend or two in 12v12 or 16v16 payload servers.

Put the teleporters up, place our sentries and dispensers at comfy spots and then just spam goofy voice lines, taunt and bash in the occasional RED spy's heads in. Chill times.

>can't oneshot combo as hog
I have 60%+ hook accuracy but rarely OS my target, even squishies. Any tip ?

It's pretty nice.From my short experience looks like it will be good for Symmetra, there is a lot of places to hide shield generator. Also her improved range makes her pretty effective against Genji in tight spaces

Thanks mate. Love getting that sleep dart to healing/damage grenade on a Roadhog and him trying to heal

I pretty much have every skin I want so now I have over 40 unopened loot boxes last time Ichecked.

Ha

Fat Russian mommy

post yfw
>HELDEN STERBEN NICHT

You poor bro? You sound poor.

Don't waste blind firing your sleepdart into chokes thinking "lets see if it hits anyone."
Use it smart.

Don't move. Only Ana survives.

Aim for the center mass so all your pellets hit. M2 Ana since she's bugged and won't get close. Don't expect to OS tanks. Always expect to OS Torb and deal 50%+ on other Highwayboars

>fat
zarya is a stronk muscular herculean woman do not call fat

Im still trying to decide wether I should save my coins for christmas or wait for the summer ones to come around again.
Want a torb skin so bad, but also want the thong tracer

She's been bulking

pretend you're the end from MGS3

Cool. I thought i was supposed to aim for the head to land HS.

>M2 Ana since she's bugged and won't get close
Explains a lot.

Anyway Hog is really cool after all, I hated him when i started playing. You're feeling slow and heavy.

So fall asleep from boredom?

yiff in hell furfag

Lucio beta damage back when? (20 instead of 16)

Let the poor gun defend himself better, he has been nerfed again and again since release.

how can it be screeching if it's inaudible

heal me

No, sit in one spot for a week and then die of old age after nobody comes

inaudible to faggots

>pertinent remark about the matchmaking in QP

Heal. I'm dead serious. I've seen a shit ton of Ana's simply focusing more on attacking than healing.

you too

How am I supposed to test Oasis when the map doesn't load?

you can adjust your fov

You are a healer first and foremost, don't just go to the front line like a stupid noob trying to kill that genjo

Why does the enemy team always have
Reinhardt
Junkrat spam
Coordination
Why does my team never have
Reinhardt
Junkrat spam
Coordination
I'm not even kidding. In my last 20 games I've never had a rein.
Also why are everyone I get matched with level 99 with 3 little stars? Are the few people who still play obsessed?

her gun feels too good and you get the PEEuuw draining sound every time you land a hit

And yet he gets the job done and cannot be outhealed even when played by scrubs.
Just M1 + punch + blast, it gets 3/4 of squishies life if you get a few headshots.

He also stalls the shit out of the payloads, that's make him so fucking satisfying sometimes, and keeps me interested in playing with him. The blast is the key, not the M1.

So i'm ok with him being where he is now.

>Junkrat spam
When wil it disappear ffs
This is just as annoying as a full on faggot mei

On average, who should I be outhealing/getting outhealed by when I'm ana? Am I not pulling my weight if I have silver healing when a lucio has the gold?

It would have more value if each hero impact was measured too.
Only Misfits used Widow and she had considerable value.

Play with your friends in custom match :^)

>full on faggot mei = STER
>???

HEAL FIRST

It depends on the enemy comp. If they're shitting out AOE damage, Lucio will sometimes outheal you cleaning up all the trash damage, but generally you should always be number one because your heal rate is insane.

Low ranks, Lucio will probably be the only one to out heal you, unless Zen gets some really good ults. Higher ranks when Lucio's mainly have speed on, you should always out heal.

Last time they increased someone's damage by a few points, that hero went from 0% pick rate to top tier. And Lucio is already top tier.

>Widowmaker's ultimate will never be a 100 feet spray where she jumps and spins around releasing farts, like reapers ult but massive

I know user, I know. I play fuckton of Lucio, I know everything about him.

My fear is that one day Blizzard may decide that Lucio had enough of that sweet pickrate and nerf his songs into oblivion and buff nothing about him, thinking this will make him "kind of viable" from "100% pick" while in truth it would destroy him completely since he would then excel at nothing and be dead weight.

I can kind of see this happening, god forbid, first they nerfed his speed amp it up, then his heal amp it up, and they changed nothing else. Yes, nerfing those may be a good step in reducing his "mandatory-ness" but you have to give him back to compensate, otherwise he becomes garbage.

I'd may be ok with it if they gave him some more offensive capabilities if they are so set on nerfing his songs. Like a full auto fire mode on speed mode, or increased damage, or no cooldown on boops.

So wait, is Oasis live now?

I tried to make a custom game alone to explore the map. Does the map only load if you have more than 1 people or what?

Just the PTR but the PTR seems rather fucked since not long after it went up yesterday.

PTR servers are in US. I think they are just overloaded now