/ORG/

Welcome to Veeky ForumsFF ROADING general thread.

Where suddenly Veeky Forums has wanted to talk about offroading again. Heeps especially welcome this time since we're not elitists.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Ranger_(North_America)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>blaming this on the yanks
i don't think so, jim (or is it tom? i can't remember the name of the meme)

the modern f-150s and rams are easy as shit to disk. however, i do agree that they have to make shit so stupid. ever try replacing the clutch on a ranger post 2006? i'd rather just pay muh mechanic $250 to do the swap for me due to the stupid shit they added after 2006 (TPMs, rails everywhere, extra skid plates).

>muh fuel bill

I live in new zealand so not much american shit, but swapping the trans on this turd was annoying with the 4 different bolt sizes and that one E24 bolt head I had to buy a socket for

>eating kiwis
>2559 BE
Yeah, not sure why you got a yankmobile when you have much better asian (since it's domestic there, isn't it?). A Toy Yoda would've been a better idea, eh?
Un-irregardless, I wouldn't worry about the bolt sizes since tools for your vehicles are an ever growing selection along with the things you put in the vehicle itself. What issues (besides the bolts) did you come across?

When I was talking about pussying out of changing my clutch plates (realistically, i think it's a slight bearing issue so i can wait the extra 20000klicks), it's an issue with the compact nature of all the components and not the instrumentation and difficulty of sourcing the parts. I mean, you're 4 000 klicks from another main country, so that's a given, no?

I got my yank mobile because it was really cheap and super tidy $3k so far, and most Toyotas nissans etc start at 5K

i ripped the interior out of my festiva in prep for rallyx

>Where suddenly Veeky Forums has wanted to talk about offroading again
im literally tearing up

I love rally cars. Fire a shotgun at the passenger and driber's door at 25m just for shits and giggles.
Protip: use steel duckshots and not lead (and not a fucking brick either).

But- but- but- you have the Hilux there ):
No, I totally get what you mean, though. The Heeps are so bloody cheap that they're pretty much irresistible at that price point.
Good thing you're worth getting it fixed (now you know why they're that cheap, ha! [sorry user ]:

>the taytay poster is back
fuck off faggot post sick rigs or gtfo

I know. I started two of these fucking threads back in September. One got a good response and I go backtracking for THIRTY SIX HOURS and it gets archived.
So I start another one documenting some of the trip and it gets archived after 4 replies calling me a faggot - why would someone do that?

I'm sorry user, Hiluxes are overrated. L200s and Navaras are just as good, if not better.

Not saying the Hilux is bad, but the other utes are just as capable and reliable as a lux

You have such a wide selection, it's great. Up here in buttfuckistan (Onterrible, Cuck-ada), we don't get Hiluxes, L200s, or Navaras. Are Navaras just rebadged Frontiers?
If so, I hate the Frontier so much. Drove it for two weeks when my Colorado was in the shoppe and everything had a wire connected to it, offroading was near impossible, since metal bumpers and sides everywhere, lack of ability to skid the bottom. I mean, that is the same issue as the F-150, Silberado, etc but the Frontier still markets itself as a "mid-sized/ compact" truck as a replacement for what the Ranger was.

Noting that, I just got the Ranger instead. I've backed into at least three trees and slammed my valance on a hill. No issues so far and significantly cheaper than the Frontier, F-150, and Silverados I've tried out.

Sorry to keep shilling the Ranger but that's what we're shoehorned into getting in North America. That or the Taco.

>Frontiers
Yeah I just googled them and I guess they are.

Rangers are great, we get them with a WL-T 2.5 TD, until they went to the 3.2TD that is, but they are still pretty good models. Also called a Courier, or Bounty or B2500 depending on where it was imported from or NZ New

>wheel fell off lol

>that pic
>poor little offroad twingo
Aww, that's such a cute little Geo. What happened to the left side of it, though? :(
Also looks like a pretty standard rural path. Did you hit a sharp jaggy rock or so? Looks like it needs an alignment now since the axle's been fucked with hard.
Poor 4wheeler. You're in my thoughts.

>2500 / Ranger
>2.5TD or 3.2TD
That is literally and figuratively foreign to me. Remember that the North American / world Rangers are completely different. We have the Ranger / Mazda 2300 (exact same platform and chassis) with 2.3, 3.0, and 4.0 L Duratec engines and don't borrow Isuzu mechanisms.
Also, post 2012 Rangers a shit, unfortunately.

See NA: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Ranger_(North_America)

Fun fact: the 2016 Ferd Ranger was used in the Steven Seagal movie: The Asian Connection

The wheel fell off. And believe me, it's far beyond needing an alignment

im the one who actually began the /org/ threads back like 8 months ago or so
they seemed to take off in the beginning but yeah youre right kind of tanked for a while after that.
im satisfied with their current popularity id love if they continued on like this

Hub and rotor are still on. What happened? All your lugs snap? Or did you tear out the center of the rim?

I haven't posted in these threads in months because after I finished fixing up my tracker, I haven't really needed any extra offroad stuff. I just drive it where I want and make sure to give it a good wash every time it gets covered in mud. It has enough clearcoat problems without me making it worse.

Only work I've done on it since May was replace the driver window regulator because the cable snapped.

my pal wants to buy this 82 patrol
should i talk him out of it?

tjm lift kit,8 ton front winch,front bumper,snorkel,
manual 5l v8

>buy one of the most reliable pickup trucks every built
>built by another one who clearly knows what he's doing
>comes on offroad thread to ask if he should reconsider
OF KAUURRRZZZZ NAAAUUUGHTTT

How much is he asking, anyway?

says 6300~ $ on the ad
the interior is a mess and the rear isn't doing too well either
cars here are way more expensive than wherever you're from though so keep that in mind
i think mechanical and drivetrain parts are going to be a bitch to find,i was in the same boat,i had an 86 samurai and it was a nightmare to get anything in a non jewish price

looks worse irl

nice truck for a great price
why does he have camo interior?

The tire to the right is a 35" tire, left one is Nokians new 44" winter tire

who /delica/ here ?

man these things are my fantasy
>low range
>incredible interior space
>perfect size
>seats swivel around in any direction and fold down to make a perfect bed platform
>turbodiesel
>quirky looks
whats not to love?

QUIT SPAMMING THE THREAD FAGGOT

shh :^)

Is it bad that I want to sell my subaru legacy and buy a miata and lift it 1 or 2 inches and go on dirt roads only?

>that toilet seat
every fucking time. he should also hang some balls off the seat, too

Hey spamnon: are all of these from the winter meetup today? Do you have videos?

>mfw
>all these pictures

someone asked him if he could take pictures at the expo
relax man, this is a general thread, there'll be new threads when the image limit is reached

Why do you want to do that? It could easily kill any speed or handling advantage the Miata would give you making it almost useless to have a Miata. Why not do it in the legacy?
Do you just want to post in the Miata generals?

Americans have a built-in instinct to lift anything they see three to four inches and install mud tires at least once, just to see what happens. He certainly won't be throwing much mud up without changing the gearing. A P71 would be a better off road RWD car but the only lifts are 1" spacers and 9" donks.

>go into offroad fab
>ask "how much can i lift my trucc without people noticing?"
>"what do you mean, user?"
>"how many inches can i go without looking like a douschefag on the road?"
>"i'd say keep it below 4inches and you'll be good"
Unless you have something really high and unfaggetty. Pic related, ehehe.

Building on the last thread, mud tyres are great "all season" tyres for Canadians since they have excellent grip for the Autumn / Spring seasons in the mud, great dirt/sand grip in the summer, and satisfactory grip in the snow and sleet come winter.
Not sure where the offroad miatfag is but hell, if he wants to suit it up to offroad, he's more than welcome!

Saturday swampin' here we go.

AHHHHHHHH
MUH TRYPTOPHOBIA

all from the arctic trucks expo, no videos im afraid

>C O O P E R
cooper masterrace
american made and the strongest tires ive come across
st maxx 35s on my truck loving them so far

Go, little TwinGo! Go!

Meep meep.

surely this will get hate

Suber awesome!