/shmupg/ Shooting Game General

This general is for discussing all shmups/stgs (shoot 'em ups/shooting type games).

Previous thread: post your scores edition

Need something to play? Check this out: mega.nz/#!mlwG3ZCJ!NMdWxNY4pjqc1vFGwzyPIbtGor0GHObcfENNMgOQW1s

Join us on Steam! steamcommunity.com/groups/shmupg

>RECENT RELEASES:

DoDonPachi Daifukkatsu
store.steampowered.com/app/464450/

Mecha Ritz Steel Rondo
store.steampowered.com/app/463070

RefRain
store.steampowered.com/app/435970/

Shmups Skill Test
store.steampowered.com/app/430290/

WITCH-BOT MEGLILO:
store.steampowered.com/app/437020/

Blue Revolver
store.steampowered.com/app/439490/

>UPCOMING RELEASES:

Xydonia
indiedb.com/games/xydonia

iMalice
amamoriya.gozaru.jp/imalice/

Go Go Burunyanman Ecstasy!!! Steam-Edition
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=660224194

Other links
STG stream aggregator: stgrillz.appspot.com/

/shmupg/ high-score list:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K0DesawgMQiFNMv2MZxxwdjzBudCIMMb3BkjQJaHjxI/edit?usp=sharing

/Shmupg/ community YT channel:
youtube.com/channel/UCp2e9X5tR9BLdSlIGjzftDA

Other urls found in this thread:

twitch.tv
youtube.com/watch?v=Dx0II3XjjLc
shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=57321
youtube.com/watch?v=LkRfePyfoj4
youtube.com/watch?v=IRv38ajPnPk&t
youtube.com/watch?v=MTBdXdmNkzA
youtube.com/watch?v=NY0cQqdAqZs
shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=58864
store.steampowered.com/app/484930/
youtube.com/watch?v=z7aeRuL0LJI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for Raspberyl best girl.

twitch.tv str444

Garegga LSZ

Best girl in Disgaea 3? Sure. Best girl in the series? No, that's Flonne!

Well of course in Disgaea 3.

>Stop posting tits.
>This automatically excludes Casper-posting

Sweet justice.

Stop posting big tits.

7th for long fishies

>Congratulations to AmberSTG for their score of 9,237,515,234!

When are we getting that figure?

I got bored after 10 min and jumped into the stage 3 boss to kill myself. Still won.

N E V E R

E V E R
fuuuug

>You will never own a iron fossil figma

Feels bad man
>taito will never stop milking Dariusburst and make a new darius, or even just port G.Darius to steam

Can you send a 1-ALL scoring run to the YouTube channel?

Ehhh, you don't want to see that, I died a lot on stage 5; it's probably better to watch some pro replay. I can upload my Stage 1 and 2 though so you can get at least +9b, give me a few mins.

Is it weird that I like to watch non pro runs sometime? Stage 3 too please!

>when your doj second loop run ends on the first stage from a stupid mistake

LE SARDINES SO FUKN EPIK xD

Valvavorez wasnt even mentioned once tho

I have no idea what you're talking about.

all those games are a meme desu

15%

Stage 3 is where I got most of the points from, just hyper up before grabbing the two bees and then counter the two lasers with your laser (6:35) after destroying the green tank/ship/whatever thingy for lots of hitpoints. Don't lose your chain after that.

And please ignore what I did on stage 2, it was garbage.

youtube.com/watch?v=Dx0II3XjjLc

>there's someone advertising my shit channel here
t-t-thanks, but It's not even an interesting stream to watch. It's just a stream for some irl friends and for my own amusement.

Also, I just got my C.7 million today (unfortunately not a 1CC). I'm actually happy about that result, but I need to improve my stage 6 and 7 a lot.

I REEEEAAALLLY need to find a way to avoid/quick kill the BH Mk2 third form. I don't want to try to dodge that fuckin attack...

Thanks!

A+

wtf i want play dfk now

wot geim?

DFK

Don't die so fucking early.

Any future CAVE announcements for Steam that we know of?

Degica has been all silent on the shmup front.

shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=57321

Is it happening?

why are farmdads hating on blue revolver

probably because it has cute lolis in it

indie devs are the future, cave's stock price is taking a nosedive and they are going to go bankrupt, being a larg(er) studio developing shooting games ISN'T PROFITABLE because arcades are dead and most people don't like shooting games

indie/doujin is the future boyos. either embrace it or cling to your wet dream where cave makes le ketsui 2 without any cute girls in it

Someday.

They'd better not stop now that they're on such a roll with the shmup-king Darius, CCWI and some KEIBU-shit too!
Or else I'll be very mad!

>or cling to your wet dream where cave makes le ketsui 2 without any cute girls in it
Its called CCWI and we've already done the mental gymnastics necessary to become convinced that it's better than cave and will stay that way forever... which is not entirely unthinkable.

>cave's stock price is taking a nosedive and they are going to go bankrupt
I don't think that's right. I had heard Mahou Otome pulled them back from the brink and now they're doing well off enough for themselves. At the very least, they're running TV commercials and promotions in Japan, and I don't think that sounds like a company on the verge of bankruptcy.

Although I don't know what a company on the verge of bankruptcy actually does, so...

>why are farmdads hating on blue revolver
Who knows. Nostalgia? Bullet hell? Music? Color Scheme? Vertical Shooter. All of these things?
>probably because it has cute lolis in it
Or the game style
>indie devs are the future
Sure.
>cave
farmdads do not care that much about cave if at all.
>bankrupt
Doubt it though. 1) They did well with their latest product. 2) G.Rev has been hanging on by a thread since arcades fell out of favor. Actually since around the time when they made Senko no Ronde
youtube.com/watch?v=LkRfePyfoj4
Many shmup developers have gone on record saying that the genre wasn't profitable back in 2007. I doubt that's improved despite the 360 being such a powerhouse for them.

>indie/doujin is the future
G.Rev stated that they don't think Shmups will ever be doujin exclusive tier. This was before they released Strania the first (or was it second?) time. Anyhow, despite that, there are far more older games in the genre than I STILL after so many years have yet to play. youtube.com/watch?v=IRv38ajPnPk&t pic not related, bitchin soundtrack though.

Speaking of Strania I need to clear that one day youtube.com/watch?v=MTBdXdmNkzA

degica marketing dude claimed that they were pleased with the sales of their steam titles so far as well

Up!

Early bump

A bump from me before I go to sleep.

Good morning shmupg!

Good morning user!

Thoughts?

youtube.com/watch?v=NY0cQqdAqZs

Do you remember when he tried to play this shit?

Doesn't look like much of anything really but I like Qute games so I'm looking forward to it anyway

cool, i love compile

Aleste for megadrive is fucking unplayable.

Bumping with Casper before bed. I just finished playing Streets of Rage Remake, my first attempt on Mania difficulty. It was... tense.

Another regrettably non-shmup related post (I just haven't felt in the mood for them lately). I do hope to get back to streaming Deathsmiles sometime in December. Maybe I'll do that if one of the Mega Man titles gets done early.

Lastly, if there are any Gothic wa Mahou Otome players in the thread, it's worth noting that there's a daily free gacha running until the 11th. One free draw per day.

They have something in the pipe.

noice

>I just finished playing Streets of Rage Remake, my first attempt on Mania difficulty
You beat it on mania hazza? Props, the a.i is annoying and spaz as fuck on mania. Great game though.

nothing bad if you play on emulator

shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=58864

Mushi BTFO

Based westerners releasing methodical masterpieces while the japs can only make waifu danmaku trash

>early access

Was banned for 3 days
Still making no progress

>Still making no progress
Same, I'll probably need 1-2 months to clear Battle Garegga.

What ship are you playing as? Golden Bat + No Medal route is the best I can think for survival.

BASED 10/10 magnum opus while gooks are making WAIFU GARBAGE

store.steampowered.com/app/484930/

>Beekyr Reloaded is an unique Bee'em up game (or shoot'em up with bees). The game breaks molds moving away from the typical shmup game, avoiding the space theme mixing vertical and horizontal scrolling stages with very varied game mechanics. Each stage is very different from the previous stage: one level we could be fighting scorpions, another defending the hive collecting pollen, dodging birds, raiding caves behind waterfalls protected by angry fish or we could be escaping from the wasp-hive after just killing the queen.

Is this supposed to be ironic?

>mixing vertical and horizontal scrolling
dropped

lol, what episode was that?

Miyamoto but it's really difficult with the input lag. I'm thinking about playing Iron Makerel or Golden Bat now...

Also: I started playing Miyamoto because Banana said that Golden Bat is a meme and that if you're going for an easy clear you should just play Miyamoto. ;_;

I just don't know desu.. it's sometimes really difficult for me to get items or I bump into enemies because of the input lag + speed.

EP68 Wing of Madoola segments.

>input lag
You should care less about these things. There's nothing to worry about if learn how to properly dodge and It's just a matter of time until you get used to the "invisible delay".

And I seriously recommend you to play as a slower ship, they're usually better for a first 1CC attempt.

Thanks I will check it out.

Thank you, I will play Golden Bat from now on.

YAM's Dodonpachi Daioujou Black Label 2-ALL is now up: youtube.com/watch?v=z7aeRuL0LJI

The survival he was forced to do on Hibachi's fight was quite scary to watch. Had me on the edge of my seat for a bit.

Dying on that final attack would definitely have been a controller throwing moment

>no missed first loop
>died twice on stage 2-2
>survived the dougaku part on stage 2-4
>that lucky dodge on first mid-boss of stage 2-5
>used the suicide trick to skip the first and second Hibachi attack
>died before using the hyper
>dodging Hibachi final attack while having 0 lives left
Jesus christ! What a nice run!

I still remember when I got my 2-ALL at a local game center.
Maybe I've spent over 4 hours a day trying to 2-ALL it, but that was worth the wait (or at least the amount of coins I bought to play it).

I don't know what my final score was, cuz the arcade machine resets after 60 sec If you don't press any button and that's happened while the credits were rolling, but I'm pretty sure it was around 360M.

Who's the sexiest man in shmups?

when i watch doj 2all, i feels like dirty casual

>40:52
That's fucking terrifying

>playing crimzon clover
>get 469 bil on 1st stage
>would have screenshotted if i werent on stick
>accidentally press start to continue after losing all lives
L-I-T-E-R-A-L-L-Y mad as fuck right now and i blame my cat for distracting me which got me somehow pressing start

you losing all lives on first stage?

Gus

2nd stage because first i died to some some shit that i didnt even see and wanted to see on replay and after that i didnt even care because i just wanted the scores for leaderboard

did you let it game over or abandoned the run? if you let it game over regardless continues the score still be saved, don't know with the leaderboard though

after the game continued i just quit the game by pressing esc because i thought all was lost at that point

It still saves replay and score up to before continuing. I think.

I've been doing nothing but killing demons for 3 days.

You can save a replay normally in CCWI after using a continue, it isn't like Touhou. The score number attached to the replay will be the score after using a continue, but if you PB'd the score prior to using a continue still gets on the scoreboard.

what the fuck is this? billion mods and has no detailed explanation how that works. i want official guide or something like that

banned from chan? You can just clear your cache etc and post again.

keksui

also whats up with your routing? you can route to 45 mill by/in stage 3 pretty comfortably.

Did you use the MAME screenshot feature? That resolution is really weird.

Yes
I don't know, I make about the same amount of score on stages 1, 2 and 3. about 11M each. I don't do emptylocking or any of that stuff