Crescent wrenches will round your bolt!

>Crescent wrenches will round your bolt!

If you can't use a crescent wrench without rounding a bolt leave Veeky Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fGkOOtd3GmY&index=18&list=FLmBIyV2M1raDrkMpjOv_yuQ
youtu.be/latrFJ7uFiM?t=2m28s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Shit, i guess I'm out.

Aren't they called open-ended spanners?

nutfucker is the word youre looking for

youtube.com/watch?v=fGkOOtd3GmY&index=18&list=FLmBIyV2M1raDrkMpjOv_yuQ

Learn how to use tools properly.
>People dont know how to use tools anymore

It will if he bolt it really tight.
Crescent wrenches will open up from the gap in the adjustment section if you apply enough pressure. This causes slipping and will round a bolt head.
Just use the right tool for the job

If you hold your hand on the worm gear it will not slip.
I have to use one every single day because my work is too jew to buy sockets and i can't blame them because they would get stolen faster than they could be replaced.

No... thats now worm gears work

It will not open up if you hold your finger on the gear.
This is fact. I do it every single day and have never rounded a bolt. Learn how to use tools but leave Veeky Forums while you do it.

Youre quite the troll. Ill give you that.
But im not stupid

>But im not stupid
lmao you are if you can't use a crescent wrench

Adjustable wrenches are not designed and intended for heavy duty tightening.
They are used so you can tighten a hex nut/bolt beyond finger tight but are able to be adjusted so you do not need multiple wrenches on hand at all times.

If you want to really tighten something down, use a box wrench or a socket on a breaker bar since theres very little chance of rounding the nut/bolt head.

Your method may "work" but its not the proper way of doing it.

Crescent wrenches are fine but you need a high quality one that doesn't have much slack or play when clamped down.

youtu.be/latrFJ7uFiM?t=2m28s

He flat out says it will round bolts

>He flat out says it will round bolts
If you use it improperly like most of Veeky Forums does.

Most people can afford proper tools.
Crescent wrenches are for single mothers to fix up the 1 bedroom apartment they rent on the bad side of town while they shoot up and eat cheesy puffs

>Most people can afford proper tools.
I see that you're moving goalposts and that's the first step to understanding that you've been using your tools wrong all this time.

It's easier to carry a single wrench in my glovebox then a whole socket set and with a crescent wrench i can easily break any bolts or nuts free and spin them out by hand.
>If you can't use a crescent wrench without rounding a bolt leave Veeky Forums

And pulling hydraulic lines. I have a 24 inch crescent just for that.

>hydraulic lines

Absolutely, there is no reason to ever use a wrench other than a cresent for hyd lines. hydraulic technician reporting in.

The problem with crescent wrenches is that the adjustable mechanism has alot of play and isnt very strong to begin with. if your loosening small bolts/nuts under 1/2 inch you should probably get a boxed end wrench. if its wide and is 1/2+ a crescent will probably work fine.

Sounds like most of you have never worked in the industrial repair industry or around machinist's as they build machines around the very idea that all you would use is a crescent.

>Absolutely, there is no reason to ever use a wrench other than a cresent for hyd lines. hydraulic technician reporting in.

USAF military aircraft and industrial mech reporting in here. Line wrenches and Ford wrenches and crowfeet fit many hydraulic lines where you cannot place a Crescent, not even muh beautiful Snap-on whose plating is so slick the worm gear feels like it was greased.

You do have a good point tho because Crescent and Ford wrenches can be slightly preloaded with their worm gears to have less backlash than an open end.

Line wrenches are very useful on automotive AC systems with soft fasteners and tubing too close for Crescent or Ford wrenches. (Diamond Tool Company "Ford" wrenches are love. Every mechanic should have one.)

Well i was speaking mostly about open easy to get to lines, some of the engineers just dont think when they design things, or are designing something. Many times i just make my own wrenches out of 1/4 plate steel with weird bends or specific angles. However ford wrenches save my ass every day, i cant believe some of the places they put fittings at on certain types of equipment.

> Yeah lets just press a bulkhead fitting right on the end of a hose, that will be smart and save us time/money.

Then you have to take the machine halfway apart just to get to the other side of the hose to remove the bulkhead nut.

Weatherford sockets are nice too for installing right angle pipe fittings in hard to reach spaces.

Agreed with the line wrenches if your working with aluminum or brass, the more contact you have, the better.