Building a sand rail and I've decided to use a small chevy 4 cylinder 153 and I want to use a transaxle...

Building a sand rail and I've decided to use a small chevy 4 cylinder 153 and I want to use a transaxle, I need help finding which one I'd use, looking for a manual

Other urls found in this thread:

kennedyenginc.com/Pages/EngineOptionList4cyl.aspx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

See about sourcing a manual from like a '65 Corvair.

Alright ty, I already have the motor, I'm pulling it out of my old boat

>2016
>swing axles
Would probably be easier to simply rip the entire drivetrain out of an old MR-2.

Actually the more I think about it swing axles aren't just an issue of being archaic, they also have the actual drawback of creating retarded camber with increased suspension travel as is in the case in offroading. It might actually be the worst possible solution.

I was going to have the entire thing be one solid piece except the wheels of course, I'm going to use a chapman strut design for the rear suspension and basic A arm for the front

>solid axle sandrail
What the fuck are you doing nigger?

I'm not having a solid axle sandrail lmao that's basically a fucking go cart with a roll cage, I'm going to have a proper moving axle, I'm going to use a chapman strut for the suspension itself though

I'm building it like this picture

Why not use a motorcycle engine? They're a lot lighter and faster.

Toronado trans, pretty straightforward to do, people use them a lot in sand rails

Because the engine is free and I'm a chevy dude.

Damn those are pretty fucking cool

Some Audi FWD transaxle maybe?

Where could I buy one, looking on Craigslist there aren't any for sale in my town or possibly state.

I worked for chenowth.
If you're not using a vw transaxle, you're doing it wrong.
They're eve used in formula Mazda's.

Do you know any VW manual Transaxles that can hook up to a chevy 153

Anything is possible with adapter plates

VW/Porsche Transaxle.

They make all kinds of Adapter plates for them.
kennedyenginc.com/Pages/EngineOptionList4cyl.aspx

I'd definitely see if you could trade up for one of these motors.

No point in engineering something that already exists, and all of these motors are popular for bugs anyways. VW transaxle has a lot of support, After market axles, brakes, hubs, knuckles etc.

MY motor is on the list ref # 1700, it's a chevy II motor I just need to find a place that sells a transaxle that'll both to it

If you wanna go full madman, get a 986 Boxster S or 987 Boxster/Cayman 6-speed.

A '65 Corvair doesn't have swing axle suspension, it uses proper IRS, 60-64 used swing axle, 65-69 used real IRS.

>Building a sand rail and I've decided to use a small chevy 4 cylinder 153
Why? That's an awfully heavy engine for a sand rail

It's a pretty powerful engine, if I throw some weber side drafts on it or go full autist and try to turbo charge it I can get some decent power

>It's a pretty powerful engine
*with significant modification
As it sits in that picture it doesn't even make 150hp guaranteed. That thing looks stock and they only made 90hp stock.

Side drafts and a serious NA build on that and you'll be lucky to make 200hp.

I have the boat variant which is a 2,965cc version and was modified a good deal when it came with the boat. I can tell you right now it's pretty damn powerful.

Forgot to mention the picture isn't of my motor, I was too lazy to get my own picture so I grabbed one off of Google images

>I have the boat variant which is a 2,965cc version
So it's not a 153 you fucknut, why are you calling it a 153 if it is NOT a 153?

Mercruiser 181? That's not a Chevy 153. Calling it a 153 is like calling a 6.2 Vortec a 350 smallblock.

Bc I don't really give that much of a shit about it, also mainly because when I bought the boat it literally said it's a chevy 153 inline 4