If I want a light , somewhat reliable, RWD car that has approachable limits for under 5k, is a Miata my only choice?

If I want a light , somewhat reliable, RWD car that has approachable limits for under 5k, is a Miata my only choice?

or AW11

just buy a miata already faggot

why do you want something RWD in the first place user? I mean at least say you're going to drift it around or something and be honest.

Considering the list of features, yeah. The miata seems like a good choice.

Shut up. keep up the guise that the only cars that are fun are RWD. Keeps the idiots away and the prices lower on the rest of the market.

Yeeeah OP. RWD sure is the best thing ever. No need to look at any of the other godly vehicles that happen to only power the front wheels, or all of them.

Have you checked out 240sx's or mustangs?

I mean, the Prelude and Integra aren't that cheap anymore, and they're FWD.

Compared to the Miata theyre cheaper and faster

what abt probe gt doe

Integra maybe, prelude is understeer into a wall tier.

this with a klze swap which are easy to find, or MX6 or MX3 with the same swap

Honda is the usual go to for FWD, and its sad that you're seeing less and less of unmolested/rust-free examples, but there are other options out there.

I just hate the "FWD sucks!" meme, because there are some amazing performance vehicles out there that happen to be FWD. I really like my MazdaSpeed3, for example.

wat

4th gen Preludes are considered one of the best handlers

Get an FB rx7, they're mostly under 5k still and somewhat miata-like aside from being hardtop, dorito powered,cqnd edgy. The carbed 12a is rather reliable too

>Buy a FWD econobox over a proper sports car
>People think you're retarded
>"M-MUH FWD IS JUST AS GOOD S-STOP MEMEING"
Fucking christ this board is full of retards. It's nice that you're complacent in your own ignorance but don't make others worse off as a result.

he said somewhat reliable

your the one meme'ing m8

tfw fwd econoboxes make better sports cars than dedicated rwd sports cars

the Honda is just a beast user

Mid-engined Corolla

Lighter than *any* Miata

>Facts that don't align with my opinions are memes
>Things teenagers who have never driven anything but econoboxes say

If your car is FWD, you don't like driving.

RWD is not a meme lol. I've tracked both FR and FF and they are completely different.

>MillennialShitbox3
>it looks "sporty" (as sporty as a gay hatchback can be) but is an eco friendly piece of shit

I'd say sport and track racing isn't the same as hooning. Typical Prelude is crashed like this: want to hoon it, pick wrong trajectory/speed, don't make the corner and fly off the road. And yet Civic is still a better grip car that many RWD cars due to it's sophisticated suspension.

>b-but muh tork steer is a feature!!!!11!!
are you actually retarded, or is this b8?

fwd is fine for a shitbox commuter, rwd is a hell of a lot more fun, & gives you opportunities that a fwd cuckbox doesn't

>tfw when people severely underestimate this car

>Mazdaspeed 3
>ecofriendly

lmao

I know a daily drives a Speed3 which can did a 1/4 mile in 12.4 seconds. The psychopathic smile on it is unnerving.

If its a small affordable hatchback made after 2010 it's an ecofriendly piece of garbage

If your car does not rape the environment it does not deserve to be called a car. At the very least remove the cats.

Most japshit that is any fun has a bad rice tax. 240's and similar are all overpriced. So old American like a Mustang, Camaro, Trans Am, or maybe you could find a Lexus SC if you are lucky but hard to find a good manual 300 at a reasonable price.

BMW E36 or maybe an older C-Class?

I'm 90% sure my 20 year old BMW can do a better 1/4 mile time than your mazdaspeed3. And I can look heterosexual while doing it.

You'd look like a douche though.

Heterosexual? Yes. Yurotrash date rapist? Yes as well.

Go get it!

A E S T H E T I C

Mother of god, the ignorance in this thread.

To make blanket terms, about a vehicle's drivetrain configuration without considering any other aspects of the vehicle is the pinnacle of idiocy.

That's okay. I don't expect that either of you actually own a vehicle worthy of notation. I'd imagine mostly a set of saddened bench-racers who base their automotive knowledge on Need 4 Speed, and Forza.

>not getting an mr2 that is immune to rust and is absolutely bulletproof

MR2

I own both an FWD and an RWD, and they're both equally fun to drive.

To assume RWD is more fun than FWD when most RWD cars simply suck ass due to their 2-ton weight, is blatant ignorance.

>honda poster
>tripcode
>fwd """""enthusiast""""""

It all checks out

hello there

You left your tripcode on samefag.

Also

>expecting me to feel bad about owning a superior car because someone with a BMW killed a few cucks and a couple of dumb whores

>vehicle worthy of notation
>its a honda civic

kek'd hard

this dumb faggot unironically thinks that fwd is the better drivetrain layout

you literally can't make this shit up

only on Veeky Forums is the autism so deeply concentrated

Honda just makes good FWD cars. Jesus. Are you really going to just ignore all the accolades that they have been given because "nope, don't matter, its fwd. it sucks"

That's just asinine. How about the Fiesta ST, Focus ST, GTI, GLI?

You don't understand it at all. You must be le supreme gentleman.

When have I ever posted that it's better? I'm simply stating that you can't just write it off. I've owned numerous cars in my life. AWD, FWD, and RWD. They all have their merits.

bruh stop lying

only RWD is worth driving

fwd is for cucks and awd sucks

OP here.

I regret putting RWD in the title.

At least I'm not a tripfag.

user here

if you're regretting putting rwd in the title, it's clear you were meant to own a fwd cuckbox

it's destiny

Elliot Rodger is unironically a hero. If you actually read anything about the man you'd realize the only reason he did what he did was because he was bullied and rejected his whole life and because he was autistic. The people he killed added nothing of value to the world.

I just wish I could go back in time and be his friend. Poor guy.

>Mostly 4 Cylinders
>Only worthwhile model is the GT's
>Even with the V6 you're only getting 160~ horsepower

Just get a 90s rice cooker

It's not a choice! I was born this way! Pls no bully.

I looked at one miata in my area, I'm never looking at another miata again
>pop hood, guy gets 2x4 to keep it open
>half stripped red paint
>harmonic balancer doing some weird dance
>oem rear bumper was removed, cut in half, and reinstalled
>to make room for a retarded exhaust that had come off a wrecked civic
>spoiler looked like it was ripped off
>holes covered with that green and black skull pattern duct tape
>carpet and cup holder torn out of the inside
>half painted radio, speakers exposed
>soft top has same skull tape in two places
And here's the final kicker I remember
>car is an obvious rust bucket, there is rust poking through the rustoleum paint job
I'll give that last part his own line
>THE RUST GOT SO BAD THE GUY SAID FUCK IT AND TOOK A PAINT ROLLER WITH RUSTOLEUM TO HIS ENTIRE MIATA BODY

This literally turned me off miatas forever, I'm just going to save for a year and buy something brand new

Oh fug I thought this was the miata general

mr2
240sx
rx7 (not cheap in the long run)
corolla gts
fiero (body kit optional)
bmw

This is why I don't buy cheap automobiles

>eco friendly
>18/24 mpg
>260hp, 280ft/lbs of torque
>6 second 0-60
>stock 14.2 second quarter mile

Unless you have an M Series, your shitbox is nowhere as fast. Just because its RWD doesn't make it any better. The MS3 can handle 0.89g on the skidpad. What about your base model 300 series?

>awd sucks
Yea if you hate grip maybe

as much as I like mr2 I think they've ruined it by making it cabriolet only and it looks like it's a bit ashamed it's mid engined compared to older version who celebrated their midenginess

Pretty much, but get a Solstice
>Poor old Nigger meme
Bullshit. The Solstice was the last decent vehicle GM pumped out in a long time.

>base model
>turbocharged 325

>under $5k

Sc300/400?
sacrificing lightness tho

>WAAAAAAAH Why can't I make any friends
>girls are evil!!! Xddd
>but I have an BMW why no pussi???!!
>Everyone else is just stupid, it can't possibly be that I'm an antisocial loser. (-_-)

He was a sociopath that shot innocent people to cure his own pathetic angst. If you actually sympathize with him you're either an edge lord or retarded.

Here's your (((You))) faggot

It's amazing it doesn't happen more with the 80:20 rule.

MR2
AW11
Mustang
Miata
RX8 that doesn't make compression
Fourth-Gen Camero/Thunderbird that likely runs very poorly

Can't think of many others. It's going to coat you more than 5K alone just to own one of these. You're either going to have to rely on snagging a cheap, reliable Miata that comes along every once in a blue moon or just saving your money and calming your inner speedy-speed boy.

My 7th gen civic si is fucking fun as hell. Any lightweight car with a stick is (though 2700 is on the heavier side). And rwd is just an excuse when you destroy it going through the twisties.

>Exasperated at ignorance

>Generalizing is bad, don't bully what I like, fancy words at the end so as to remain on your "high horse"

>Pretends not to care, discredits people's opinions based on their inclusiveness, vidya.

These are some middle school arguing tactics my man, you might want to step it up,

5th gen is overrated and pigfat though.

for under 5k? nah you got options.
Def a 240sx, you might be able to find a sc300 or sc400 2jz and shit.
most older bmw's

When I look for cars on craigslist I just put that I want it to either be AWD, or RWD. Manual, and under a certain price.

Honda S2000

I've got one. The NA is lighter but if you get a lighter battery and gut the frunk you can get to about the same.

I saw an e30 325i convertible that only needed new tires, front bumper and windshield fluid sprayer for like $1100

>buying an E30 convertible

lmao i was like lmao

>under 5k

Where do you live?

depends on the NA model, early 1.6s without AC and power windows are probably lighter. 1.8s are probably the same

Unfortunately for this thought, Probe's, MX6's and MX3's are all FWD, transverse mount engine.

Am currently on my eighth Probe.... Have swapped ZE's into two of them. Also have a swapped MX6, although it has sat off the road so long that its not road worthy.

In any case, I love these cars, but they are definitely not RWD. I've seen a few projects where people have converted them, but you're in for a /major/ project.

I pretty much want a miata but a hatchback what should i get? please help Veeky Forums it must be below $4000 the cheaper the better

>na series 3 miatas 10k in australia

falcodore it is

If I had an RWD MX-3 I would never want another car ever again

i got a turbo r32 for $4300aud so no

Any car can be great. Its a pretty good car stock. Dont let the haters sway you. I prefer an I5 in it though.