/indie/ - Indie And Misc. Games General

Last Thread: Wayne Edition

>What the fuck is this
/indie/ is the general for all indie games, such as LISA, Yume Nikki, OFF, Middens, Underrail, Machinarium, DashBored, Vampire of the Sands, Braid, Limbo, Axiom Verge, Guacamelee, The Desolate Hope, Burrito Galaxy,Cookie Clicker, Stardew Valley, etc. as well as other games that just don't fit in any other general such as Atelier, Rayman, Pillars Of Eternity, Rise Of Nations, and Valkyria Chronicles.

Mobile or consoles, flash or unity, freeware or early access. This place is a home for the indie game community and indie and obscure games that don't have a home. So be free to talk and share all your hidden gems, forgotten games and starving devs here.

>Can I talk about games that already have a general?
We mostly discuss games that are not popular enough for their own threads (since they have no other home in Veeky Forums), however, all indie games are allowed. So talk about them if you want, but don't overdo it since you already have other generals for that.

>How can I contribute?
All we need right now is people to talk about their loved indies, so don't be afraid to post, bump and reply your fellow anons. Also we're looking for anons to make new pastebins/wikis/images and update the ones already made. And please give lots of feel, love, kind and nice to everyone, except namefags. And be sure to make a new thread if nobody else does.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/ZbG0JPSn

>Booru
indiegame.booru.org

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/indiegamesgeneral

Other urls found in this thread:

jigxorandy.itch.io/game-of-the-year
gamejolt.com/games/red-amazon/87009
store.steampowered.com/bundle/1930/
youtube.com/watch?v=lmpCo-v-s3E
humblebundle.com/yogscast-jingle-jam
youtube.com/watch?v=jTZEuazir4s
generals.io/
youtube.com/watch?v=x5sQL7q_IOI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

GAME OF THE THREAD
GAME OF THE YEAR 420 BLAZE IT

jigxorandy.itch.io/game-of-the-year

Yikes that last thread really slipped away from my mind. The Underrail talk seems to have come to a screeching halt?

Well I'm playing Nocturne: Rebirth right now.

I was starting to wonder why it was so difficult before realizing that maybe having my only familiars be the joke mons with +Loot/Money passives was a bad idea.

It was also the talk about GOG vs Steam vs Pirating etc

>Pirating
I honestly will never understand that user. Can't tell if he was serious or just shitposting.

Its just edgelords being edgelords, either way

Everyone fell off of Underrail

Who let /indie/ die?

I think everyone who wasn't Underrailing it up decided to look away for a few minutes. Then suddenly the Underrailers up and fucking disappeared and the thread died without anyone noticing.

I also finished card city nights which means no screenshot posting of me.

Damn shame. Can you really date the enemy players in that game? I think I remember you seducing rock girl.

I read up on it and it was part of the last update named valentine update. The rock girl and this prince from another world where the new npcs. You have to decide who you date after defeating him.
Also yes this is a Princess Remedy hint and he gives out Princess Remedy boosters.

>tfw all your friends who had played LISA never beat it and got discouraged when they lost all their party members

Is it playing it wrong to realize that certain places are safe... and to only sleep there?

Fucking casuals.

>Walking all the way back to the inn to rest
Just let the man fart in your face you pansy.

Come back Underrail folks.

Was it a good ending?

Thinking of giving it another go but while just letting dudes die and whatnot. Probably will play on normal mode, though.

I just don't even know what I'm doing anymore

Bump for the morining. Reminder that making these at the middle of the night's not a good idea.

bampu

>In this long awaited shooter from action masters Cross Eaglet, enemies are not just right in front of you; they're all around you! Using a unique perspective rotation mechanic, players can bring enemies and items into view, putting the odds in their favor in an otherwise impossible situation.

I think I recognize that screen shot. Post some new shit you fuck.

Anyone else use those trashcans there, near the shops, as their largest hub of shit-that-needs-to-be-sold?

I wish we could all meet up in Core City.

So what's indie playing?

Starting this piece of shit that's apparently the Game of the Thread

any drawfriends in the thread right now?

Annnd finished that shit. Goddamn it.

More satisfying than that arty Game of the Thread where you start at a cabin with a rifle and only two bullets, at least.

What game of the thread was that?

autist reporting in

Whatcha want drawn just out of curiosity?

gamejolt.com/games/red-amazon/87009

This thing.

How about genie from Middens, there isn't much art of her.

Autist not ARTIST jeez.

maybe something of gingiva or the knight guy from the first one if genie is too hard.

Can someone postnthe Underrail guide pics? I want to do a psi cryo build.

FUCK GABEN AND FUCK STEAM PEOPLE

Yes, this ruins the experience and is only excusable on pain mode. There are too many companions because they expect you to lose a lot and not savescum. You also miss out on rescues.

Is there any rule of thumb when it comes to levels in Underrail? I got to the Junkyard around 6 and only had a little bit of trouble until I started using healing items in battle and picking my engagements a bit better. Finished that around 8, did some Hathor and hit 9, and now I'm trying this railway place and I'm getting absolutely destroyed by these faceless. It's ranged one hit kill.

This?

That title alone screams 'ironic' youtube poop.

Bumperoo.

Back to formula for now it seems. I wonder what will be the next /indie/ game flavor of the month.

I think it's more that everyone's at school and work more than anything.

>last thread
>pipeworking jacks whine about Underrailers not making their own general
>Underrailers stop posting
>thread gets dominated

Derailed, all of you.

Is the judge from Off a Cheshire Cat?

I don't think anyone complained about Underrailers. I honestly find it pleasant when one game gains a lot of attention on /indie/.

You clearly weren't here during the last few threads, Jack. Half the posts were bitching about it being /urg/. Them zoners won't be feeling very hardcore if we stop posting again and let it die.

>17 AP/shot
>just one AP short from being able to make another shot each turn
I feel bad for crossbows

Snipers get to shoot twice and even have spare 2AP to take some drugs with doctor pouch.

That's the last one.

I've been to every indie thread for the past month now. Maybe my memory is suffering but I mostly saw just Underrail talk and the occasional pirate shitposter.

>webm
I'm glad I'm not the only one who did that.

Seems like one of the only situations where locking doors you have a key for is actually helpful.

>open the gate to tchort's lair
Fuck this is awful.
Where do I process these mushrooms?

>I wonder what will be the next /indie/ game flavor of the month.
Underrail posting will be off the charts when the expansion comes out.

Styg said early 2017 but knowing him we will be lucky to get it before2 018.

>Where do I process these mushrooms?
You mean mycokardia?

You need to restore power to Hollow Earth complex first. Go to Arke power plant, it's past the Faceless territory with lots of burrowers.

Yep, easiest way to get your hands on an assault rifle early game. Unless you go full sniperfag like me and sit at 5 strength with everything dumped in perception. Than it's painfully wait for a sniper until finding the Steyr-Auch/Dragunov combo. God I love those weapons.

I know. I did that.
Where do I process these mushrooms.

> I got to the Junkyard around 6
Sounds about right.

> Finished that around 8
That sounds rather low.

I usually enter Junkyard at 8 and leave it at 9-10.

>did some Hathor and hit 9
I usually end up at 10/11 after Hathor.

>and now I'm trying this railway place and I'm getting absolutely destroyed by these faceless.
Rail Crossing is where I usually go after Hathor as well and I don't really have that much trouble.

>It's ranged one hit kill
What's your build? Sounds like you are playing some sort of a low CON glass cannon.

Also, did you get an energy shield yet? They are great against guns and especially against energy weapons Faceless tend to use.

Look for a closed gate with a button right next to it. Kinda like the SGS caves gate.

>Unless you go full sniperfag like me and sit at 5 strength with everything dumped in perception.
That's what I do usually.

>Than it's painfully wait for a sniper until finding the Steyr-Auch/Dragunov combo. God I love those weapons.
Have you tried pistols instead of ARs? I prefer them because they give more utility and are more reliable when shit goes south and that's what I'm looking for in a sidearm. Yeah ARs have better damage but that's what I have my sniper for.

As for Dragunov I'm only using it if I fail to find a spearhead frame and a rapid reloader before Rail Crossing. Doesn't happen very frequently because Blaine is a great trader.

BLAINE?

He's a big trader.

He's a big trader.

store.steampowered.com/bundle/1930/
Devolver hidden gems bundle. Dropsy is in this too but also on sale on its own.

Have you considered, y'know, not attacking the faceless?

My con is pretty low. Tried to go with a dodge/evasive stealth melee guy. I'm probably going to head back to the junkyard to make sure I've done the quests that I can do there. There were a few 50-55 hacking areas I wasn't able to open, but other than that I felt like I searched everything I could in search of oddities.
I had to use them as an indicator of why I felt my current level was insufficient. Though given that I'm playing on oddities I'm probably fighting a whole lot more than I need to or should be. I killed every enemy in the junkyard that I had access to excluding the turrets. Didn't kill Wyatt but I did grab an oddity from his house.

There's waaaaaay more oddities than you'll need for max level, and there's waaaaay more oddities than you can get exp from. Example: When I first ran Junkyard I only found 3/4 mutagen containers. I thought I missed one and searched forever before giving up. Then I hit Core City and found a bunch more but stopped getting exp from them. My point being don't focus too hard on killing everything you see if you're just looking for oddities. Honestly though, if you're going for a stealth build you should definitely avoid fighting the faceless at Buzzer's shop. You can sneak in, but I'm not going to tell you how. And fighting them is bad. You'll find out why later.

youtube.com/watch?v=lmpCo-v-s3E
Post indie jams.

humblebundle.com/yogscast-jingle-jam
Wow this bundle will add a new game every day.

>$30
Will the price go up?

I don't see a price increase mentioned anywhere.

Is finding oddities easier than grinding xp for someone who has to check every container to relieve anxiety?

About damn time some progress happens

What characters are even waifuable?

Will they add Yogventures though?

Probably the ones with more dialogue?
>goku poster instead of terranigma poster
fucking casuals

Is there Christmas in the Underrail?

i tried drawing genie someone requested but i'm a shit artist so uh

youtube.com/watch?v=jTZEuazir4s

>My con is pretty low. Tried to go with a dodge/evasive stealth melee guy.
Well it's no wonder you are getting rekt if you do get hit then, you should be trying to kill things before they get to act.

Dodge/evasion tend to work poorly at lower level, too.

Try to get that energy shield, it makes all the difference.

I'm gonna eed to get this during christmas sale.
That would be ESA, Ittle Dew 2 and Even the Ocean.

Imagine making out with that gun.

I Feel Like Pablo

Most these games are actually hidden gems. For Devolver games no one really talks about any of these

Found a free game if anyone wants to play it in browser.
generals.io/

Fuck I got eaten. I shouldn't have taken 2 of those bases.

I don't play Stardew but that definitely looks like Chrono from Chrono Trigger.

the tip I can give is spread out as much as possible since each lot will get an extra unit ech time.

how 2 chemical pistols on UnderRail?

Oh

please god give me a fun underrail Stealthy Assassin Dude build

I just realized my strength is too low for snipers and I want to jump off a bridge

I double checked and power is going to the residential block and found a closed gate with a button next to it but it says no power. The gate I found was two squares south of the tchortist camp.
I am still wandering around.

>I double checked and power is going to the residential block and found a closed gate with a button next to it but it says no power.
You need to power the research complex.

>snipe
>run away before anyone finds me
>snipe
>stealth
>enemies marching around confused
>snipe
>get spotted
>throw a flashbang
>sprint away
>stealth

Music for this feel...

youtube.com/watch?v=x5sQL7q_IOI

Ah I get it.
The research complex doesn't show up if you have power to the residential block.
That cost me about 3 hours.
Well I did pick up a lot of other items I needed along the way I guess.

>I just realized my strength is too low for snipers and I want to jump off a bridge
You only need 5, that's just 2 points even if you have 3. You get a base ability point every 4 levels.

Adrenaline gives +2 STR and +20 AP for 3 turns. If we consider that sniper rifles are all about burst damage an one shoting everything in the first few turns, you could make a pretty successful sniper if you stick to 7.62 rifles that cost only 35 AP to shoot.

So you could make a sniper that is able to shoot twice every turn for the first 3 turns and then resort to your sidearm, preferably pistol or SMG since they don't have STR requirements.

With Aimed Shot, Snipe and 4 regular shots you should be able to kill all the major opposition easily.