Tfw normally a fine driver but sometimes I make fucking stupid decisions while driving

>tfw normally a fine driver but sometimes I make fucking stupid decisions while driving

How do I get better at driving, m8s?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YEAt27Rzb54
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I highly recommend not driving
Helped a lot of my retarded friends

A couple days ago I was doing a pass way too fast near the end and I fucking skidded, lost control and spun out into the opposite lane. Luckily there was nobody oncoming but they could have. After being shaken up, the only thing you can really learn is that you know nothing and anything you do from that point on is either to give it all up or to continue pursuing the road to knowledge.
So I got back in the car and tried again.

The best cure to being a boyracer is watching actual races

Look at how they drive cars and ride bikes in actual races. If you have a shitbox and can't power past someone in a blink, that is relevant to you. You're probably never going to pass anybody who doesn't want to be passed unless they're chicken on a corner and you can at least hit the geometric apex and power out before they realize they're going straight again

Would it be worth it to take a defensive driving course?

I was considering taking a gymkhana training course, which they have in school, in hopes of learning how to control my car better in any situation.

Do you have concentration problems?

Nah. More like I'll be indicating to turn right, and waiting till there's a gap in traffic in the opposite lane, then I see a small window to turn and I gun it. But I didn't realize there's a green light flashing for pedestrians to cross. This happened the other day, nearly cleaned up a woman. I'm Australian btw.

Don't listen to Eurobeat while driving.

It's small stupid split second decisions like this that I really have dramas with. I just need to learn some patience

The important thing is forward planning, you've got to think ahead at what may or may not be about to happen. Assume people are gonna be idiots and you won't find yourself in tight spots as much.

Nice blog i look forward t your next post where can i subscribe

ayyyy aussie here too in bris

Had a massive storm yesterday and I was coming off the roundabout onto the highway entrance - put the foot down a tad too much, lost control, did some sick but scary skids, regained control and went onto highway as per usual.

Car behind might put me on dashcams australia.

It was hectic.

How did you learn to control your car when it skids out? I used to drive a vs, one night about 7 years ago I deliberately floored it when turning a corner from still and the car went fucking spinning and I stopped facing the wrong way on the opposite lane, scared the shit out of myself.

i think the key is concentration, information and confidence

>if you concentrate, you make out all the little details that happen around you
it helped me very much to turn off the radio and go into tryhard mode while driving. when you're driving, the main thing you do is driving, not messing with the dash buttons, not talking to the passengers, not glaring at the big chest of some ped on the sidewalk (i exagerate, but you get the point)

>with this new rich of information, you can make much better decisions
on a side note, is a good example, that you also need good information of the boundaries of your car. if you have to, take a gymkhana, driving safety or track course. the instructors there will help you explore the limits of your car in a safe environment.

>this results in a more profound confidence in your driving

I don't know, didn't really think. I felt the back end go, steered into it - oversteered, then the backend went the other way, steered into that and all went peachy.

Drove a tad faster to get away from embarrassment which was driving behind me.

What do you mean by 'steered into it'?

You steer into whichever direction the backend of your car is sliding. It's like instinct man you don't need to think about it.

youtube.com/watch?v=YEAt27Rzb54

Thanks m80

But that's only if you're a rear wheel.
If you're a front wheel you're fucked.
At least if I'm not mistaken that is.

if FWD smash the accelerator and steer in

How the fuck do you people manage to skid on the road?
You must drive like retards, bet you also like to do 65+ mph while it rains too.

Sometimes I embarrass myself while driving

>be delivering pizzas
>on my way back from a delivery
>on autopilot, thinking about how much I hate life
>blow right through a red light at a busy intersection

Thankfully it was right as the light was going to turn green anyways so I didn't hurt anyone but it was incredibly embarrassing.

the only time ive crashed it was after i hit a 30ft patch of black ice and spun across the oncoming lane. the road was straight and i was driving an awd car with new tires

So you're an idiot. Good to know.

You should be given a permanent driving ban for being a total retard.

>black ice
couldnt deal