SWTOR 5.0 general

New expansion. Old content. Fucking RNG.

Continued from

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jizz
youtube.com/watch?v=bkgzXpKbVGE
youtube.com/watch?v=LbpDxrew4A0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I love my potato!

We underestimated bioware.
It takes real skill to make your game worse with every patch.

that's not a very vuffy pulva

>you'll just have to farm your best-CXP-gain-per-hour warzones twice as hard
>on every class you want to use, since the command ranks are not legacy wide
>there's a limit of 2000 command points per week
>RNG can fuck you over so you'll get shit by the time you could get full PVP gear and some nice PVE stuff in 4.0

It's nice that you're defending the devs so hard, mr Musco. But you won't get clients to resub by name-calling them. How about promising a brand new reskinned mount or HK-55 underwear for a 6 month subscription instead?

>>there's a limit of 2000 command points per week
lol what kind of shit are you reading, retard
I've gotten more than that just today

I know people say that KotET pretty much cornered itself with an ultimate goal that can't really be topped, but I can see how the expansion might end in an open-ended trilogy.

Knights of the Galactic Armada:
>a massive war between the Empire and Republic breaks out like everyone knew was going to happen
>the Alliance gets involved
>has to choose a side, make peace or take control
>four possible endings: Rise of the Empire, Rise of the Republic, Balance of Power, Return of Zakuul
>an unbroken control of the galaxy for however many hundreds of years until the next piece of the story takes over to tilt the scales, long after our characters are dead

it's 27k on pts, not 2k. don't know why but i saw people on the fleet talking about 2k cap.
27k is still shit though. getting to tier 3 (lvl 180) will take ~6 months. it'll slow progression guilds ridiculously and new pvp people starting 6 months later will never catch up with the ones who farmed stuff before that. assuming the rng will give them set pieces by that time.

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jizz

daily reminder

Judging by how BW manages things, 6.0 will be just a bunch of alliance alerts, so you could get the "new" companions they took from you last year desu.

M M O
M
O

So basically

>2011
>fans: we want KotOR III
>BW: ok, here's a new MMO for you

>current year
>fans: so we're not getting new raids two years in a row?
>BW: fuck you nigger. single player 4 life, biatch!

>muh raids

Very few players solely participate in Operations. Flashpoints are far more popular and they added new pseudo-flashpoints in Uprisings.

Can I blacklist the arena warzones? There's always bizarre matchups like 2 healers vs 1 healer, how do I avoid this shit?

there isnt going to be more solo shit until the end of next year, retard

>reading is too hard

>fastest way to get CXP in the game
>blacklist it

dumb

if they were really "single player 4 lyf" like your retarded post implies they were, they'd be jamming as much single player shit down our throats as humanly possible instead of shunting it to the side for other shit

Best alien races for bounty hunter that aren't zabrak or white balds?

Or should i just go for human bimbo redhead with some freckles and bt4

>instead of shunting it to the side for other shit

>virtually all new content in KotFE is soloable (except for 2 new WZ), even some of the old stuff (FPs) became soloable
>virtually all new content in KotET is soloable (except for hard mode uprisings, but that can change once you get better gear)

you are retarded, aren't you?

lore wise: only zabraks, rattataki and humans / cyborgs
there was one Chiss BH called Spiker in Shadows of the Empire, but that was before their culture was established in lore, so we can pretty much call him a special snowflake.

>something is soloable by skilled players therefore its intended to be soloed by unskilled players

having fun moving those goalposts?

Not enough gain for the amount of effort put into Galactic Command. Points rewarded for doing activities have to be buffed
Fuck this shit

>by skilled players
you mean those able to use two hands, retard?

I quit about 2 years ago and gave away everything I had in this general back then. This was shortly after housing came out.

Is there any point in playing again? How active is the player base, how frequent are the updates? And how good/bad was the time skip angle?

>amount of effort
>literally do whatever content you want and get rewarded for it

>Is there any point in playing again?
Only if you're interested in the story. It's not nearly as good as vanilla though. KotFE didn't even feel like SW. KotET feels much better (comparable with vanilla at moments), but still far from being great.

>how frequent are the updates?
KotFE had monthly updates, but they're probably not what you'd imagine. Only solo chapters, 2 new warzones, eternal championship (arena fights against 10 bosses) and some minor crap (getting new companions). KotET will probably have even less, since the whole storyline is already there.

>And how good/bad was the time skip angle?
Bad, but it's the locations that make it worse. Literally nothing of SW atmosphere left in the story.

Thanks, guess it's not worth buying a sub for that then. I kinda miss my Tatooine mansion, but oh well... sad to see a game that managed to improve a lot go down like that again.

>Literally nothing of SW atmosphere left in the story.
Explain.

youtube.com/watch?v=bkgzXpKbVGE
youtube.com/watch?v=LbpDxrew4A0

Feels very Star Wars to me.

>Zakuul being completely shoehorned into the lore (how come no one mentioned it ~3600 years later?)
>army of Zakuulan Force users other than Jedi / Sith
>some weird ass Zakuulan organisations (Followers of Zidrog or whatever) we're suppose to care about, even though we never heard of those fucks
>Vitiate's backstory and family drama, that's basically a retcon of a retcon of a retcon
>Force insensitive classes using Force because ghosts and shiet
>both Republic and Empire rendered meaningless and going out of character because Muh Alliance

Aside from that the story doesn't center around your character anymore. So the game lost the best thing that made vanilla content great.

>Zakuul being completely shoehorned into the lore (how come no one mentioned it ~3600 years later?)
Most of SW canon is shoehorned and takes time to get canonized (if it does).
>army of Zakuulan Force users other than Jedi / Sith
Which are well-explained, they're so strong because of their loyalty to Vitiate who's known for buffing up lesser beings.
>some weird ass Zakuulan organisations (Followers of Zidrog or whatever) we're suppose to care about, even though we never heard of those fucks
To add flavor to the lore, so you know what you're up against.
>Vitiate's backstory and family drama, that's basically a retcon of a retcon of a retcon
It's actually a decent family drama
>Force insensitive classes using Force because ghosts and shiet
They're being protected by the force, not actively using it.
>both Republic and Empire rendered meaningless and going out of character because Muh Alliance
It took tons of defeats to get the Sith Empire to fully join forces. And keep in mind Zakuul was raised by a Sith.

It does actually center around your character as the messiah that is destined to claim the eternal throne.

Problem is that it strips pretty much everything class specific to reach that goal.

I'd like to call it a lame attempt to give us KoTOR 3, but I can't do this with clear conscience because:
>Action takes place in area they made up on the spot to write themselves out of the corner
>Central conflict of light vs dark is all but gone with nothing appealing to replace it: It's your colorful kettle of "the Alliance" against the guy in control of the invincible droid army.
>It's linear like a jRPG, levels are literally just corridors with enemies spawning at regular intervals.
>Interaction with the party is restricted to cutscenes with impact on storytelling boiling down for the most part to your morality bar.

Do achievements from the dark vs light event work for you?

Noticed my lvl 26 knight did not get credit for being raised to lvl 25

yeah bw mentioned that any achievements from dvl now are displayed as 0%

Who writes the story for The Old Republic? It's quite obvious what paths the story will take and I'm never really surprised. And who created Lana the sue? I've romanced her but she sure doesn't feel or act like a sith.

>Age of the Eternal Alliance

What the fuck is the MC smoking? There is absolutely no reason for the Alliance to exist anymore.
At best, MC is the emperor/empress of Zakuul (almost as bad as Arcann if you went full retard/dark side).

>Theron and Lana are preparing for a war against Republic and Empire

U wot m8s? How exactly are we gonna fight them when like 90% of the Alliance are reps/imps?
What the fuck is everyone inhaling? I want some.

On an unrelated note, I'd fuck Empress Acina.

Acina is the best thing about this expansion tbqh

>There is absolutely no reason for the Alliance to exist anymore.
True. I imagine some of the people who feel they have nothing to go back to could stick around Odessen and continuing to follow MC as his gang though. It's funny thing though. How would you describe it? Military state? Technocracy? Corporation?

>At best, MC is the emperor/empress of Zakuul (almost as bad as Arcann if you went full retard/dark side).
Well last person who held the title was Vaylin, at this point Zakuulites are probably happy with anything.

either master contrarian or Eric Musco

>How would you describe it? Military state? Technocracy? Corporation?

My warrior has declared it is Separatist Gorilla Warfare Confederate Theocracy.

>And who created Lana the sue? I've romanced her but she sure doesn't feel or act like a sith
Because she's pragmatic

>A bunch of people following MC because he's just so cool
>A hero of legend
>Not beholden to any nation but sought by all

hmmmm

Looks fun

better endgame content than the one provided by BW, i suppose

So has BW stated the story is continuing after this? The ending was kinda fucking unsatisfying. Especially since your only options are to go full oppressor evil or go fuller retard and say
>"I'm not an Emperor because muh morals are more important than helping stabilize the galaxy with a strong center of power during reconstruction :^)"

That was fucking frustrating.

You're right, how could anyone possibly hold a different opinion than you?

>water is dry. this is my opinion and i'm entitled to it.

Could be you against splinter factions of the Empire/Republic. The mails you get after finishing kotet imply some of them getting sick of your dominance already

It's really not that difficult to justify military action against some violent insurgents. Only difference is whether you keep it "asserting your rule" or "keeping the peace"

who /pragmatic/ here?

>Play consular
>Get to Voss defence speech
>Pick option 2 because "we fight for peace", or option 1, seems inappropriate
>WAR'S IN OUR BLOOD
[cringe]

This is the weirdest game ever. I am having fun but they must be smoking some powerful stuff to come up with this stuff.

a powerful bounty hunter group that the sith empress thinks is nothing more then a fable turns out to be hunting you and her on DK. The former Republic prime minister is able to pay them to do this work. Sounds like the black list for bounty hunters! HA

I had a blast finishing this story on my goodie two shoes smuggler. Now I am running it on my edgelord sith assassin and I am curious to see the results if they will be any different.

Haven't tried any of the new stuff yet so I am looking forward to seeing what those are. So far I am enjoying this expansion MUCH more then the last one.

The weakness is in your blood!

So you either baby sit the Republic and the Empire, or you simply become the ruler of a third power.

Eternal Alliance is a shit name, I want to conquer the galaxy for the Empire while dicking Acina in the process.

And next year you get to lose it all to some ANCIENT EVIL

I think they went to a writers workshop at a junior college in seattle and asked those crackheads for some fan fiction and then used that as the script.

What we're seeing is not merely developers being lazy. It's coordinated. It's deliberate. It's moving the game into the completely utter grind mindset of stuff like Perfect World does.

Reputation systems with tiers? Lockboxes? Story missions that don't even really make sense if you group up, but are seemingly specifically designed for single player? End-game content that not only requires endless grinding but rewards nothing but more grinding?

Star Trek Online laid out the template for this YEARS ago.

>It does actually center around your character as the messiah that is destined to claim the eternal throne.

Well, yes and no. The Outlander is bound to pick the path some of my characters would never use. Knights, Warriors, Agents, Troopers and others have became the same fucking Mary Sue. In the vanilla stories some choices actually did have consequences. You could really feel that you're the one creating the story. Now it's like someone forcing you to sit on that fucking throne and sometimes make you say things you'd never spoke otherwise.

Our characters aren't ours anymore. They're became BW's actors playing in some weird fanfic loosely related to Star Wars.

Almost forgot. Notice that the camera was always with you trough the vanilla story. Now the narration jumps to show us Arcann sitting on the toilet trough entire KotFE and bitching to his retarded sister about daddy issues. Literally the
>Sorry, We Really Don't Give a Fuck Anymore: The Game

I don't know, I've never really felt like my choices mattered, even in the vanilla stories. Except maybe with agent. And most of the classes have always been mary sues, especially knights. Not really defending the writing in kotfe onwards, but to think things took a nosedive in quality is nostalgia talking. The writing has never been great.

Let's be fair even if BioWare doesn't deserve it. Those toilet-sitting scenes helped immensely in establishing Arcann and Vaylin as characters and antagonists for you.

While I agree with some of your points, I'm not understanding the whole "this isn't what my character would have done" bit. It sucks, yes, but this was always around. You could apply this to Vanilla as well. An SI who hates the empire and its slavery is stuck there, a self-interested smuggler suddenly goes Republic Privateer, a Jedi Knight not staying with the emperor post-influence resistance, etc.

I hope you're being sarcastic

Anyhoo. We're just a vessel to experience Bioware's table-top story about some fucked up family drama on Zakuul. Your character was shoehorned into it and tried being given a fair narrative but feels misplaced.

>most of the classes have always been mary sues, especially knights
No, they were just archetypes. The Knight was OP indeed, although that was actually in line with established canon (Karpyshyn's Revan novel). Still a bit cringy, but not that bad.

There are class stories other than Agent that actually make your decisions meaningful enough to somewhat bond with character. Like Warrior's vision on Tatooine, Trooper's outrage while coming across the traitor in the Senate, BH's decision whether to join Mando clan and so on. Yeah, they're not choices that will decide the fate of the entire fucking universe, but they help you decide who your character actually is. Interaction with your companions was also important for the same reason. You'll find nothing like that in the last two expansions.

>Like Warrior's vision on Tatooine,
Still mad there was no option as light side to say you don't believe in the peace/temperament of the jedi, but the passion of the Sith can be turned towards good

I played the vanilla stories twice on each class. And while some choices did feel restrictive, they weren't any near what KotFE did to the game.

Anyway, there was no reason for SI to hate the Empire itself. He was a slave because he was weak. Once he gained strength, the chains were broken. SI's story is literally the embodiment of Sith Code.

There was another great Warrior moment on Belsavis, where you were forced to work with a holier-than-thou Jedi. The most glorious dick move in entire game: refuse to kill Baras' sister, forcing the asshole Jedi to violate his code and murder a defenceless prisoner.

This is the kind of stuff that made vanilla truly great.

My feet say otherwise.

You're not the only one. The SI could have
hated it for a variety of reasons. Systematic slavery could have fucked over his loved ones in the past. He could hate how self-destructive the faction is and view it as a sinking ship, or he may want nothing to do with the constant fear of a higher up suddenly going "I feel like killing you now" and have essentially no way out.
Btw, you aren't made a slave because of weakness, read the game's codex entry about it. They didn't start to even give them the chance to prove themselves until entry requirements were relaxed during the Prologue.

>veteran mode chapter 2

topkek

SI was a slave because his family has been enslaved in the past. And that happened because Lord Kallig showed weakness by being defeated by Tulak Horde. This is how the Sith see things. It's not about fair chances. A Sith living by the Sith Code wouldn't care about being treated like shit in the past. If anything, he would embrace the rage and use it against his enemies.

The Monolith is some fucking bullshit.

Try hatred for the life leech.

>weekly heroics 60-65
>two alliance crates
>66-69
>just one
>70
>still one, plus cxp tip
why

I don't know how to play Hatred.

Oh I meant DK on KotET.
I managed to kill the dogs with kiting.
Then that first Genofucker dude with LoS.
Then pussied out at the leader.

It's not hard. Keep dots and death field buff up, use leeching strike and assassinate on cooldown and meanwhile spam trash and saber strike when in need of resources. Deception is currently better but I can't stand skills that require me to stand behind enemies to use it.

That last part with three dudes is impossible on veteran, I can't keep all of them off my comp and they're hard to kill.

>No cooldown timers

ew

I'll try again when I finish the story, that's the only chapter that I was not able to finish so far on veteran.
Apparently you don't need to waste an interrupt on that long ass cast 1hko ability since it stops on any damage, so you can better use interrupt/stun/whatever on that bullshit hail of bolts.

I wish assassin would have more force powers. Maybe sorcs being overloaded with different powers is the reason them being gutted.

>Does story mode
>has great time
>Finishes story and feels good
>hears people bitching in fleet about how hard and how bullshit this or that is
>grins as I am now starting my 3rd alt through the story mode.

Stay angry!

>the general is back

YES

NOW I CAN POST MY TOGRUTA SLUT AGAIN

Need more sluts

Post more you fools

Life leech doesn't even heal that much. Not to mention the spec itself is not fun to play at all.

>unironically wanting to do this more than once in a row, maybe twice to see faction specific lines, as many as there are

>angry
but user, I'm having fun

1 - Goodie two shoes alt
2 - Edgelord alt
3 - For me

I have always liked dot specs. Maybe I'd play deception if maul wasn't such a center part of the discipline and forcing you to be behind enemies. The proc should allow you to do it from the front like that concealment agent passive. Or give that retardedly strong lethality passive also to hatred.

>stay subbed for 3 years straight
>forgot to renew after I cancelled my CC
>don't get early access

fug

this wait til friday is killing me

already got spoiled on the expansion too so fuck my ass and call me shirley

missed this thred

HA! I thought I was the only one that used that expression

See you Friday! (its awesome)

Bioware just reminds me of having a really bad DM. They don't understand how the meta of gameplay and storytelling works, and most of their ideas, good and bad, are just stolen and water down.

this is one of the few times, i actually like capes in games. Because you got the screenshot of it just right during a battle

rest of the time, fucking hate them unless their some weird shit like two ribbons hanging from your back or something

Chestpiece?

Bioware storytelling has ALWAYS been like this, I don't get why people are surprised. They're strong on Lore and Narrative, not Consistency and Flexibility.

>The proc should allow you to do it from the front like that concealment agent passive
Oh, I agree. Its the reason I played serenity (equivalent of hatred) for a long time because a tank companion doesn't do it's job half the time so I like to aggro them myself and have a healing companion.

Thats being said. Kinetic combat (tank spec) is my favorite spec to play with dps gear. A shame that it's for tanks only. If only it had a dps equivalent.

Black Vulkar

Is XP on F2P gimped badly?