/owg/ - Overwatch General

Placement edition

>Season 3 is live, as of midnight GMT yesterday
>The rank that you receive after placement will be influenced by your rank from last season

>Official Website and Community
playoverwatch.com
us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/

>Patch Notes
PTR: playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/20379410
Live: us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20752015856

>Overwatch Dev Tracker
overstalk.io/

>Wiki
overwatch.gamepedia.com/Overwatch_Wiki

>Convert source mouse sensitivity
jscalc.io/calc/djyxBymfcWCIgD4f

>Stats and Leaderboards
masteroverwatch.com
overbuff.com/

>Competitive Info
gosugamers.net/overwatch
over.gg/

>Discord
discord.gg/DfekDPZ

Previous:

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/DKJd8se
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Be Reinhardt
>Get our shit kicked in
>Guess it just doesn't work, especially with that genji that nobody want to deal with
>Next round attack
>Fuck it
>Unzip the monkey dick
>Tickle fucking everyone
>Be a huge pain in the ass to deal
>Enemy Rein just doesn't have a fucking clue to what to do with me
>Localweebnotsosmugafterbeingmolested.jpg
>Ana nanoboost me for extra dicking
>Enemy team swap out to roadhog d.va and reaper just for me
>Doesn't work because I use asshole-ish tactic and don't use my leap to attack but to escape anyways

Fuck Winston is great.

Hola!

>if you don't pick the character I want you to pick you are trolling

Anyone want to carry a silver healslut to high rank. If I'm underperforming I promise I'll try and do better, I just get a bit distracted whenever I see a Reinhardt player model in game.

NA, Neotemplar#21467

Post best feels

>hooking ulting Genji with Oni skin

Annyeong! [cute electronic sounds]

>someone on my team goes genji
>another person immediately starts to whine "dude please I NEED to play genji"
>genji swtiches
>new genji just keeps jumping in and dying

Cutest and best pairing

Hello!

Playing Reinhardt can be game winning in the right circumstances but something I've noticed is that you often find yourself in a situation where there's an enemy using a hero that old Rein just can't handle and it's really fucking annoying when no one on your team takes care of them so the team can move forward.

Like when a Bastion is set up in turret form and your team is too retarded to take him out because they're busy plinking a Roadhog your shild can take care of so your shield gets shredded by the Bastion and the whole team dies.

All because people were too retarded to deal with the bastion by shooting at him from behind your shield while he's completely stationary and defenseless.

I swear some people just don't pay any god damn attention to their surroundings in this game.

>sniping Mei just as she leaves her Cryo-Freeze
>taking advantage of D.Va's infinite ammo to kill Mei as she leaves her Cryo-Freeze
>Using Tracer's pulse bomb on Mei just as she leaves her Cryo-Freeze
>killing Mei just before she Ulti's
>killing Meis in general

>That one asshole who thinks that just because he has a mic he can tell everyone else what to pick and what they should do.

Fuck off 'fearless leader', seriously, eat a dick I don't have to listen to you.

i almost forgot why i never played comp

full pic?

Dead game, dead thread.

>diamondfags telling me who to play and who's in le meta
>grandmasters don't give a shit what you pick as long as it's 2-2-2 or 2-3-1

Is there some tournament going on or people just watch pros doing placements?

>fill in whatever role is needed during placements
>finish 8-2
> placed at 2900

>friend of mine in stalks soldier every game
>loses 4 in a row after I go to bed and ends up 10-5
>placed 3500

T-thanks blizzard!

why hook when you can just delete them

This might be the first season I actually don't play.

3rd one for me xD

Instalocks*
Damn autocorrect.

season2 final was 31XX
season3 after placements is 3023

good enough guess i don't need to play ranked anymore for the rest of the season, 1200 points are enough to get my next gold weapon

>enter a no limits match
>not a single stack
>2-2-2 comps actually

w-what?

>gained 150SR over where I ended last season
T-thanks blizzard

soldier is a close range brawler now and shits out damage during his ult

his ult is actually fucking good

big surprise the shitters under 3500 are using him to gain

Gotta win and get them loot boxes. Better incentive to get good team comps than anything comp provides since it focuses on the main reward mecumenism of the game.

Cute taco girl!

>shitters under 3500
Everyone is using him, haven't you seen Apex games?

>me: Mercy is garbage, which is why nobody uses her consistently at the top level
>teammate: that's not true. Several teams use her!
>me: who?
>teammate: um, team Korea used her...
>me: when? and how many times?
>teammate:...

Mercy players and Mercy defenders are absolute cancer. Mercy is the Hanzo of healers; she is only good for one thing, and if she doesn't get to use it, she is worthless.

>Go from 40fps in team fights to 80+ with my new setup
>Fucking improve like a madmen
Yeah, this is a whole new world for me

>s1 67

>s2 3050

>go 2-8 in placements

>3450

>win 3 straight games to high masters

worst placement games ever though, never seen such a bizzarre mix of good and awful players

it's kind of good considering it keeps rein relevant and makes dva super relevant since she poops on him

>The rank that you receive after placement will be influenced by your rank from last season
What the fuck? Why the fuck they've done that?
What if i didnt played past season since my calibration (obviously it wasnt master/grandmaster after first 10-15 matches) and now because of that i need to climb all the way up from plat to GM while everyone who started at plat past season and climbed to master now on M/GM already only after placements? What the fuck?

oh teams 'use' her alright

You should hAve played then. If you are as good as you think you will carry and climb fast.

what was your S2 final rank tho?

3050, i only played 13 s2 games (8-2 placements to high plat, 3 straight wins to low diamond for end of season points)

my quickmatch MMR is hella high if they're using hidden MMR but i have no idea what the fuck just happened

That's kinda crazy

anyone else keep getting disconnected?
EU server

Thanks for adding the discord!

I got to masters, how do I get a gf?

>grandmaster in s2
>every person i can't carry in placements calls me out for buying wins

there is only so much i can do for the ana's that still boost reinhardt and the pharah who plays into soldier.

Support player girl irl here will actually be your gf if you get me to master in this lifetime so I can shut this dude shittalking me up.

>ended at 52 is s1
>skipped s2
>placed 2150
Well yeah. I guess.
For whatever reason I still fill disappointed.
And i blame myself

With a new competitive season comes the time to find fresh blood. If you'd like to join a discord focusing on competitive Overwatch, feel free to drop by!

discord.gg/DKJd8se

What is the point of SEASONS then if its not a "fresh start for everyone"?
They say that in s2 too much players placed in plat and diamond and now placements will be lower, but they are giving master and grandmaster immedientaly after placements now. Where is logic in all of this?

>wanting to play with memeing golds

haha i rather kms

Why dont we just merge these discords already?

you want to have grand masters in your platinum games?

>Look guys, we actually give a shit!

afaik they want more people all over the ladder instead of ~60% of all players being somewhere in platinum

>sniping Mei just as she leaves her Cryo-Freeze

I dodge those regularly because most widowmakers are too slow to readjust if you hold crouch

I'm glad I'm firmly out the platinum range now. Climbed from 2800 to 3200 last season.

Was worried after I went 4-6 in placement that I'd be knocked down to plat, but I ended up getting almost the exact same skill rating as I had before.

Problems I had during placements
>Junkrat mains on my team
>DPS players who couldn't get any kills and me and the other tank constantly getting golds for offense medals
>Scaredy cat DPS players who sit around at the choke point on Hanamura and never run in even when me and the other tank are on the point fighting 4 of their team for 30 seconds
>Pharah players going completely unchecked by our hitscan
>People firing off ults in random situations
>People never trying the left or right routes on anubis p2 and just standing in the main entrance firing pointlessly

Anyone else have these people?

Nǐ hǎo!

The rank inflation goes both ways btw, i know a guy who is a legit non-troll 1500 player and he placed down at 890 this time. So the lowest of the low are going lower in addition to high plats etc being thrown up to diamond

4-2 so far i'm so scared if i can get one more i'll be fine i hope

>hey guys I have a slightly above average rank so I'm in a rather big player pool that i get matched with propably the same as you.
>I'm gonna list some things that happen in 99% of the games you and I play?
>Anyone else have these people?

c'mon bruh what do you think?

Add me if you're at least 2200+, if you're below that it will be too hard to derank (which I'm already doing)

MeanMike#1231

I'm done playing for today tho

B E T S
E
T
S

LET'S SEE THOSE BETS

>3-3

Should be just 3-2. I didn't even connect to one match, I lost internet connection before a match was found.

Internet connection shits out on you and you disconnect from the last match

Is this like his first computer game or something? What do those games look like?

how? like, HOW does that happen

I bought the game after a free weekend, 6/8 calibration games won so far. Is that good?

I don't want to perpetuate the whole "game is dead" meme, but I've been sat here for 7 minutes looking for a competitive match to start my placements, it hasn't even put me in a skirmish.

>that bittersweet moment when you already know your team is going to lose because you're the one with gold 4 medals

Why does every Junkrat player insists on playing this trash with the "I am doing damage" excuse, when they're actually just giving free ult charge to the enemy healers?

I placed in low gold last season (2075) and didn't bother to play after. Considering I'll do about the same whereabouts will I land atm? I'm wondering on whether to do my placements now or just do my daily in hots.

D.va only looking good.

i'm spamming d.va as well

>inb4 7 game loss streak

Why would the comp owg discord(300 members) merge with the smaller one?

>3 straight leavers
>report them
>i get queued with them anyway

>get 4 golds with Torbjorn on attack

>comp owg discord
more like reddit discord

So it is safe to say your end of S2 rank is extremely influential on where you place for s3?

>2 minutes into attack
>4 golds
>1 elimination

it's the middle of the day on a weekday, what do you expect? Kiddos aren't back from school and no one is home from work.
A lot of it comes down to everyone just not having game sense, not understanding how objectives work or how characters skills work or synergise. A lot of that rank is very young kids who barely understand the game they're playing.

Step it up, senpai.
You can still go /smoother/.

tfw no gf

>team is calling you shit
>tfw 5 gold medals

Why do the Asian women in this game look nothing like Asians?

It's safe to say that placements barely affect anything now for people who played comp before.

>>Localweebnotsosmugafterbeingmolested.jpg

>kiddos aren't back from school
That's exactly why I'm playing now, the quality of players drops like a fucking stone the moment kids are back home.
Regardless, come on, they can't find 11 fucking players at half 1 in the afternoon? It doesn't look good.

Where Cleopatra lives

I'm sorry user

Mate of mine went 5/5 win/loss with her

Went 7/3 ended up high gold :( with soldier

because real asians are ugry. Any attempt to make them actually look asian, like giving them slant eyes for example, would just be called racist so they play it safe. Not like it really matters, worst case they can just say they have mixed parentage.

Anyone not in my group of friends who has a mic gets muted instantly

Torbjorn only going about as well as expected

Gee, I wonder why characters even in asian games and cartoons don't look like asians.

Also, I'm getting reported to death. Kinda expecting a suspension soon.

I only mute people if they get annoying, just in case they communicate vital information at some point in the game.

Except children. High pitched, whiny child voices annoy me by default so I mute them straight away just to save myself the headache.

it's not like you're the only one queuing user, any online game struggles with numbers on weekday mid mornings-early afternoon, it can also depend on your local area as well.

Thanks for throwing games in soloQ douchebag

I only mute people if they get abusive

should we let mercy have a cake, or should we save it for when/if she is buffed?