/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to Sonic the Hedgehog General. Let's talk about Sonic games, old and new, and the entire franchise including animation and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, and more!

/sthg/ #624 - Rise up and Fight for Your General Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsNews/Developments

Days Without Incident: 1

>and Sega wouldn't care

Not too sure about that. They may not like the idea of things taking those kinds of turns regardless of what character is the one suffering, OC or otherwise, because it's supposed to be an adaptation of their games.

>We do not feel that this chipmunk suffering accurately represents the kind of feel we believe our series should have. You can change this or we will pull the license.

Kek

How long had we gone last time?

let's fix that

They're bitches that's what they are. Killing important characters is a great way to add conflict to the comics and get rid of ones who don't add much
They didn't care when Tommy got nuked into the next universe or Locke dying or any of KING Naugus so why would killing off Sally be any different?

Not a huge Sally fan, but I like her more now then I did the Penders era. She's a little bland now, but that's better than being kind of a bitch.
Now that I think about it, the FF crew didn't treat Sonic very well in the old comics. They shit all over him constantly and took every opportunity not to trust him.

It was weird.

Sonic was also a huge ass in the Penders era

33 Days

I don't think we've ever had 2 threads nuked in a row before yesterday

Sally is a main character.

There was a surprisingly loud outcry when ANTOINE seemingly died. What do you think would happen when My First Furry Waifu bit the dust?

I would be too if everyone blamed me for every incident. They blamed him for EVERYTHING.

A massive outburst that would garner a shitton of attention for the comic as people who never read the comic if they actually DID kill off Sally and pay attention to it? And an even that makes it clear that nobody is safe and anyone who's not a game character could die at any time in any way this adding a shitton of tension and stakes at the cost of pissing off a few waifufags?

>I don't think we've ever had 2 threads nuked in a row before yesterday
There was zero justification for the second thread getting nuked. There was like one pic that was controversial and the mod could have just deleted it

Or everyone was unnecessarily a dick to him. Like St. John, I never liked him. He was just too focused on getting Sonic's goat.

The original thread 600 troll that also got nuked in favor of a proper thread was what I referred to.

Though, something on par with what happened yesterday, I guess from what I remember would go back to Spark of Life's storytime incident that had a mod delete multiple threads and nuke a couple hundred posts.

>They didn't care when Tommy got nuked into the next universe or Locke dying

Didn't both of those happen before Sega started paying attention to the comic?

or any of KING Naugus

Honestly don't remember any of the King Naugus stuff but him being a villain might allow for him to do some suffering.

>so why would killing off Sally be any different?

She's a main character on the heroes side of things. In the kinds of cartoons that influenced Sonic, when a villain has horrible shit happen to them it's played for laughs. Eggman suffers a lot and that shit is played for laughs. You can't have the hero suffering be played for laughs.

You got the screencap of Penders explaining what he thinks Sonic's character is please?

>You got the screencap of Penders explaining what he thinks Sonic's character is please?
Wait did he say something about that!? I wanna hear about that...

Never said Sally's death would be played for laughs, in fact it'd be one hell of a downer. Bonus if killing her is the only way to "free" her and it just breaks the relationships of everyone and makes their fight against Eggman a LOT more serious. You could do the same here by killing Bunnie in the reboot

But what I'm saying is. It seems Sega does not want the fight against Eggman to be more serious, they don't want morally good characters to get hurt, because that's not the kind of feel they want the franchise to have.

But with what little we know about Sonic 2017 who the fuck knows anymore.

Given that the comics are still having OCs suffer honestly I think they only care if the game characters suffer. So they could just off Bunnie in an instant and as long as it's not gory Sega would be indifferent because she ain't theirs

>I would be too if everyone blamed me for every incident.
Sonic was a selfish dick in the old universe. He deserved most of the criticism his friends gave him. He always thought he could do it all alone and his hubris cost his friends more than a few victories.
Just listing off a few examples...

The only reason Bunnie is half badnik is because Sonic was too self-centered to work together with Rotor to save her in time.

In 176, after Eggman 1 v everyone'd, Tails had to pull Sonic aside and tell him to shut the fuck up and swallow his pride wo they could save their friends together.

During the Tails' family insurrection fiasco, Sonic's excuse to Tails was literally along the lines of "yeah, I'm a prick, that's who I am, that's how I act"

The point is he was always kind of a dick. A dick with a good heart, but a dick all the same. He deserved to get shit on from time to time.

You wanna talk about a dickhead Sonic, let's talk about Sonic The Comic, where the levels of dickery are unrivaled except in fanfiction. My god is his behavior just terrible in that comic.

>During the Tails' family insurrection fiasco, Sonic's excuse to Tails was literally along the lines of "yeah, I'm a prick, that's who I am, that's how I act"
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it actually Tails that was being selfish in this story? Didn't he not give a shit about whatever his parents were doing and was only taking opportunity to get back at sonic because "Muh teenage Vixen waifu doesn't want me! I'm getting cucked by that damn hedgehog!"

>My god is his behavior just terrible in that comic.
He's also the Best Sonic

I get giving him shit, but I thought it was weird he would blamed for large incidents a lot! Like Sally dying. It was weird. Out of all the people?
They were all little shit birds.
Tails wasn't so bad if I remember correctly though.

That comic got dark too, like when the rabbit died. I'm forgetting his name, I usually know it.

To Tails credit that was a dick move on Sonic's part, and I feel like that "I was trying to get you to move on" was bullshit on Sonic's part.

That reminds me, I never understood why Tails was so upset when he walked up on "Sonic" and Bunnie making out.

>that page where Sonic tries to spin dash/homing attack through Chaos and isn't going fast enough to quite break through him all the way and ends up getting absorbed into Chaos and starts screaming frantically for help
Kinda unsettling

I don't get it either. I thought Bunnie was supposed to be the town bicycle, so it surprised me when she married Antoine of all people. Then again maybe it was me trying to project a personality onto her so she had SOMETHING

It was kind of out of nowhere. I thought it was weird that "Sonic" and Sally were a unofficial fling thing for a super short bit.

OH BLEH, I meant Bunnie

To be fair, pretty much everyone were eyewitness to "Sonic" cutting Sally's rope in Endgame. Even then, the only ones who wholesale thought Sonic was a murderer were Geoffrey and his thugs. Everyone else were just "Why would Sonic do that?"

Who else hated Sticks at first but likes her now?

They kind of were, like in the infamous rape issue.

Anyone know the post number for thread 620? Searching the archives is ass, I'd rather just use the post number to find it

Skanks will, when they eventually do settle down, settle down with a loser or beta, someone they know they can control and force to do what they want.

Ugh Don't even get me started on that

Me. For sure. The longer she's here the more I like her. I don't want her mainstreamed, but for that specific group I like her a lot.

Not rape. She gave consent
I liked it. Closest thing she ever had to a character. Makes more sense too that she'd go for an actual hero like Sonic rather than a bitch like Antoine, especially now that Sonic was single. Kind of baffled as to why she stopped going for him and settled for less
I suppose so. Though it was played lip like it was truu wuv. Would've been better it if was at least implied that Bunnie did it solely because she wanted someone to control and that she cheated on him (Again, implied)

Antoine got a backbone eventually. I forgot when that happened.
Did anyone else find that those two getting together was kind of forced?

Not exactly hate, but Little Miss Tinfoil Hat felt really one-note at first until the comic made me warm up to her, especially Worlds Unite where she was the only not-shit part of the entire crossover.

I didn't think it was bad, I just don't understand why Tails was mad.
Yeah he and Sonic were supposed to meet up, but "Sonic" is kind of a flake (Except for a booty call)

It was called never. And yeah, it was forced. Why would ANY woman go after Antoine unless it was out of desperation? Would've rather had Antoine be alone and Bunnie be one of the many women lusting after Sonic, because it makes more sense that way
Because Tails is a little bitch

He was surprised because he was cheating on Sally.

What about that is hard to understand?

Please.
Bunnie had been open to dating Sonic ever since he saved her life from ADAM's tentacle rape.

It's not cheating if they're not together. They were broken up.
Sonic's dad even mentioned that Sonic was meandering from girl to girl cause he missed Sally.

So why didn't she do it? Why would she settle for Antoine when she could have Sonic? Especially since the only viable competition was fucking Fiona, and all it takes is a few words about Tails to shut that down. Hell, once she left, there'd be no competition, so why not ditch the French bitch and get a real man and the best dick in town?

Bunnie knew in the long run that it wouldn't work out, though I've always liked the idea.

And why wouldn't it? She knows Sonic wouldn't be okay with being tied down to the royal life. Play off his fears of responsibility and he's her's for the taking. Hell, she could even do it during KING Naugus. Sally's a robot, Sonic's fucked up, get with him with the bullshit excuse of her "getting over Antoine"
(If anything that made her life easier) and him "getting over Sally" (Again, making her life easier)

Probably because real sonic showed up and never approached her because he has lent actually been with her because it wasn't him. But to Bunnie That's like he had his 2 cents with her and then darted. That's the most offensive thing you can do to a girl: one night stand with no follow up phone call.

Bonus she's a good foil to Sonic. I feel that Sonic and Sally are both too centered to be together.

I think because it was to be revealed that it was Evil Sonic (Scourge original version) disguised as Sonic. So it was a misunderstanding.

This.
Bunnie probably harbored some deep anger for Sonic from then all the way up until the super genesis wave wiped everything.

Same. Couldn't stand her personality and thought she was unnecessary since Marine exists. Then the comics made her adorable and the show toned down her LOLSORANDUMB while letting her stay high-strung.

The whole jungle girl thing is pretty hot too

Mostly because he was so fucked up over Sally. If Sally wanted to be with him again during that time period, I feel he would have dropped Fiona in a heartbeat.

What was consensual about nanite-groping?

>thought she was unnecessary since Marine exists
They are almost nothing alike sans the color scheme.

No excuse to not try with the real deal. I mean she already Did lock lips with him, just go in for the kill
Thought you were talking about Scourge
She could easily try to help him "get over her", it's a matter of conviction here.

This.
Sonic only ever loved Sally. Everyone else, be it Bunny, Mina, Fiona, or whoever never had a real chance with him. His mind was made up.

>They are almost nothing alike sans the color scheme.

But the color scheme is all a Sonic character is.

As a kid I thought it was weird. They were deconstructing her? Also there was a very notable robot appendage on her non robot boob.

If that's the case, then I'm sure Bunnie could find some random Schmuck in Knothole to bang, there's hundreds of them. I'm sure she could find someone not named Antoine.Or just sleep around and not tie herself down, which seems more likely for her

>No excuse to not try with the real deal. I mean she already Did lock lips with him, just go in for the kill
Because Antoine made a move and Sonic didn't contest it.
Women don't like men that won't challenge. It's basic primal nature. The male that backs down doesn't win.

I'm still sure Bunnie would prefer an actual man like Sonic to a bitch like Antoine. Women like strong men and Sonic is that

That aspect in particular was back before we knew what her personality or even her species was.

>I'm still sure Bunnie would prefer an actual man like Sonic to a bitch like Antoine. Women like strong men and Sonic is that
Sonic wasn't being strong. He was being a whiny bitch.

I remember the comic flirted with the idea of Sonic and Mina being together.

Meant. To. Be.

It's hard to say that bunnie and Antoine were forced when both the Saturday morning cartoon in the early Comics have been pushing them together since the very beginning

Why was Tails and Mina a thing in the future stories but not in present stories?

I dunno, I'm not saying it's a bad couple, but I don't like the reasons why they should be together the way the comic presented it.

Either way, Sonic totally led her on.

All it'd take is a little Southern comfort it make him well again
Doesn't mean it made any sense. Why would a girl like a bitch like Antoine? Especially when Sonic and Rotor were on that same team?

I could have sworn there was some SatAM bible that said Bunnie and Rotor were going to be a thing.

Is Mina in the Lara Su Chronicles?
I hope so.

Because they were like "Tails needs a wife, someone they wouldn't expect. What character should we use?"
"Eh, just use Mina. They both have a hard on for Sonic. We'll base the connection on that."
"Good idea."

>Sally was taken
>Bunnie was taken
>Nicole is a computer
>>>>>>>>>>Ash

ergo

Never. Stood. A. Chance.

They needed someone to pair him with.

>tfw Tails had a dual with Ash for Mina and won

Ew. Shipping Rotor with anyone seems gross.

Oh especially against a Sonic that was currently dating Sally, there was no way in hell.

But to be fair, every girl not named Sally didn't stand a chance with Sonic in the old comics.

>Ew. Shipping Rotor with anyone seems gross.

Remember that time Cobar existed?

Rotor would still be a better choice than a French bitch

>a bitch like Antoine
Maybe in SatAM, but the comic didn’t after the very early issues. He went into Robotropilis several times by himself, such as retrieving Tails's backpack or chasing his father's map. Even Sonic never went there without backup.

Tommy Turtle could handle Ash.

And yet he still acts like a scared bitch on numerous occasions. Once a bitch, always a bitch.

Yeah! The really old Echidna Rotor was friends with! Are you implying something?

I literally can't decide which one I want to fuck more

Beta? More like the Omega's Omega.

I never liked Ash. Mina couldn't get with someone who was like her, so she got with someone that kinda looked like her.

Though Ash was rightfully territorial if Sonic and Mina were together. He KNEW.

They're different kinds of sexy.
Sally is a minx with glaringly addictive eyes and a model fugure.

Bunnie is that perfect college bombshell that's skimpy and dull of energy.

Honestly I don't know why Mina didn't just ditch Ash after the Slap and go right back after Sonic. Motherfucker was fair game, and vulnerable too. Perfect time to swoop in and "help" him. Open season on Sonic. But none of the girls in this comic were smart enough to go after him (Sans Fiona, but she blew her chance) when they had the chance

I'm assuming you meant full of energy. Also can't forget sax cymbal

Sonic actually WAS interested in Mina a bit but by the time he really realized it, it was too late.

Yeah no kidding.
Though Fiona only continued to date Sonic because she liked Scourge and wanted to see if Sonic was equally as fun. Apparently not. She also low key hated his guts after he didn't rescue her.

eh yes and no? He liked her more as a friend. He didn't even see the signs that she liked him for a long time.

No excuse after him and Sally broke up. All it takes is a few sweet words and Mina is HIS. Same for Mina and Sonic.

>Though Fiona only continued to date Sonic because she liked Scourge and wanted to see if Sonic was equally as fun. Apparently not. She also low key hated his guts after he didn't rescue her.
Dumb bitch, she didn't deserve Sonic anyways. Her loss, now Sonic's open for everyone else