So when Trump finally gets rid of all car related emissions and environmental standards...

So when Trump finally gets rid of all car related emissions and environmental standards, are we finally going to be able to bring back real horsepower to cars?

Without any bullshit like emissions standards I could easily see Chevy bringing back the big block v8 and getting 10k+ or 100k+ horsepower with all the new tech available, instead of the piddly 300-400 we're getting now because of all the neutering from faggot 'environmentalists'

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RW-G7pF6gUQ
carscoops.com/2015/06/future-cars-2018-dodge-challenger.html?m=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>100K+ hp
no, chevy will not make a car with 100,000 hp

>needing 100,000 horse power to get groceries

why not? once you don't have to deal with emissions we can go back to using carburetors and we can take off the catalytic converter

and if you don't have to deal with 'efficient' valve timings you should be able to get much more power across all sections of the rev band

because that would be 10 top fuel drag motors put together, which would last for a total of 30 seconds run time.

or it would be this big

>removing the cat, getting rid of EFI and swapping a big cam in will make it gain TEN THOUSAND HP or even A HUNDRED THOUSAND HP

>carburetor
Electronic fuel injection is objectively superior.

This

not for real power

The only way we'll ever get those numbers out of personal vehicles is when we all own personal jets.
And even then I have a feeling we won't be using internal combustion at that point

>why not? once you don't have to deal with emissions we can go back to using carburetors and we can take off the catalytic converter

Carbs suck for driveability, and you can take off cats and maintain advantages of EFI.

Bring BACK real hp? You stupid piece of shit. How do you not know that modern engines commonly shit all over old musclecar power outputs? Some retarded boomer might have the excuse of never learning anything new, but this is not Boomerchan.

>muh straight line mobiles

>100K+ HP

Wut.

It doesn't matter if we remove every single emissions law and convert our cars into dragsters that have no steering at all, there is no way that we are making 100,000 hp in a car engine. No really.

Exactly what new tech are you thinking of when you say that we'll be able to crank out 10 times the power from our already unregulated race engines?

Also, if we do draw 100k hp from an engine, it most likely won't be a V8. At current technology, if it uses dinosaur juice and makes 100k hp, it's a gas turbine. Actually, are there any ICEs that make 100k hp? At all?

At this point, I can't even blame the liberals for saying that the Trump supporters are stupid.

This engine makes ~15,000hp
It weighs 6000lbs

He's gas lighting. Sage and ignore

Real power comes with boost, and carbs suck at dealing with boost. Therefore, FI >carbs for boost.

Half the internet doesn't know the difference between gross and net, nvm SAE corrections and fancy stuff like that.

>100,000 HP
>Cars and Coffee Mustang meetups pic related

modern engines are better than old engines despite all the environmentalist faggot shit, not because of it

get rid of valve timing and catalytic converters and rip out the 'environmentalist' ECU that retards chamber burn ratio, and we can start flooding the combustion chamber rich again and get real horsepower out

70 years ago we were getting 1250 horsepower out of the RR Merlin engine, and I expect with modern tech we could trivially get ten times that amount

Holy fuck you're retarded.

So 707 EPA-registered HP for under $65K are not enough for you?

>modern engines commonly shit all over old musclecar power outputs?
No shit sherlock. They are modern. Guess what, overhead valve V8s shit on flatheads.

probably has no valve timing nor a cat converter

>16157475
it is literally a plane engine

oh, the humanity!

The RR Merlin is an aviation engine. Yes, we can get a lot more 10 times the Merlin's power in aviation engines today. No, we can't use aviation engines in cars. Do you need me to explain why we can't use aviation engines in cars?

States will still be free to regulate emissions.

>Do you need me to explain why we can't use aviation engines in cars?
Yes

>and carbs suck at dealing with boost.
No they don't, you're just too lame to set up blow through carbs.

>and we can start flooding the combustion chamber rich again and get real horsepower
Burning rich will rob horsepower while simultaneously decreasing MPGs and destroying spark plugs.

i see what you did there

Air cooled plane engines run like shit without props, overheat in minutes and weigh more than your mom.

>but muh liquid cooled engine
not dank af.

youtube.com/watch?v=RW-G7pF6gUQ

>this is not Boomerchan.

kek

>Air cooled plane engines run like shit without props, overheat in minutes and weigh more than your mom.
And?

>are there any ICEs that make 100k hp?
Yes

Im getting hard

I hate how this election has brought out low quality bait.

go back in time
same thing happens

Napalm sticks to kids.

Who knows, maybe with 100k+ I might, might be able to pull tens with your mom in the passenger seat, as soon as I figure out how to stop it pulling to the right so much.

I know your trolling but I can't help myself. RR merlin is 27 litres with 1250 horsepower. That is 46 horsepower per litre. The original Twingo has a 1.2 litre that makes 59 horse power. That is 49 horsepower per litre. Your precious RR merlin is less powerful per litre than a twingo and according to you the twingo would be better if we removed the cat.

The only thing carbs do better than FI is being cheap.

Is that a TU-95 engine?

My nigga.

I had the weirdest dream last night that mine was red instead of black and I woke up in a sweat.

You're gif made me think of that BMW short titled star with Clive Owen. I nearly pissed my pants when he takes his hands off the wheel and pulls a stupid face.

No.
In fact I highly suggest diesel takeover the moment emissions are removed.You can't really blame diesel for everything, when the smell and carbon dioxide remains at ground level. Above else that will not be beneficial to actual power train technology and efficiency, as most production engines this year have more than enough power to drive a shitbox safely despite being less than 3 liters.
As one that has stood in a line of ether pre-emission and catalytic converter removal lineup of track cars, you can really inhale the carbon monoxide to a level of headaches and dizziness. Carbon monoxide is what pushes whatever petroleum exhaust upward past the stratosphere without the weight of an extra Oxygen in Carbon Dioxide. That grey dark brown at the horizon is the Carbon Monoxide layer that is formed due to lack of weather system circulation, that condition also creates artificial humidity. If emissions were removed, we will have our city smell the same as any dense populated Northern Mexican city.

>diesel
How about no sootfag

>less emissions bullshit + rumored lightweight frame & body due next major update
>900+ HP stock in a package weighing 2450 lbs.
Imagine getting an AWD conversion and rallying that bad motherfucker

+ HP stock in a package weighing 2450 lbs.
Bullshit it'll never happen.

Skip the first half, the weight loss might be real:
carscoops.com/2015/06/future-cars-2018-dodge-challenger.html?m=1

Also
>implying people don't mod nuChallengers to get well over 1000 HP

Hope and dream all you want it'll never lose weight.

>t. mr. no fun allowed

im just sayin, you need infotainment, air bags etc, safety shit etc. That's not ever going away despite trump memes because no insurance agency would ever insure something that assault weapon-like.

>implying when trump is in office we won't start using these engines to build Gundams and metal gears

A mobile suit needs a bullshit-particle reactor and not an engine.

>average boomer trump supporter

jesus christ

all its gonna do is make suv sales jump sky high till gas prices catch up with suburban america and the car companys all go belly up and bailed out with tax money again hopefully he gets ride of mortgage limitaions on the stock market too

>not supporting trump

Who gives a shit about hp/l, it's arbitrary. How much does each engine weigh?