Eve Online General /eog/

based Sansha edition

Permalink: orph.link/eog

>Can I make enough ISK to PLEX?
Yes of course!

>I just started, what should I do?
Get a referral from someone to get free SP, beg for it here if you have.
Do the Tutorial then the Career Agent missions; they give you ISK, ships, skillbooks and teach you basics. Talk to players and try to find a corp. The game is only as boring as you are.
No, really. Find a corp.
You don't want to be that guy.

>Is it too late to start playing EVE?
No.

Read the /eog/ pastebin: pastebin.com/JGKUEsZy
Focus Group Logs: focusgrouplogs.tech.ccp.is/

Future:
??

Past:
>Nov 25: Eve Down Under
>Nov 15: Alpha clones, Engineering Complexes, reworked boosters
>Sep 27: Coronation of Catiz I
>Sep 13: Mining barge overhaul, some new frigate models, capital module balance pass
>Sep 12: CSM 11 first summit
>Aug 13: [SoundCloud] WH CSM Townhall 13AUG2016 by OrangeEagle
>Aug 09: Citadel contracts, dmg/rep visuals, clouds performance boost, cargo notifications
>Jul 26: AT prizes announced (blood raider variations)
>Jul 23: Goons move to Delve, SMA closes
>Jul 19: Broski joins then kills QFC
>Jul 18: Billboards submissions open
>Jul 07: AT rule changes: 10 players, no cap-xfer, no CDs, blood raider ships encouraged
>Jun 29: "Shadow of the Serpent" event began, serp capitals introduced
>Jun 28: Citadel trading, overlay vectors, new implants, drugs legal, NSA nerfs, triage/seige/bastion now ECM immune, mass fitting
>Jun 23: RIP SP dailies
>May 30: RIP Dust 514 (long live Project Nova)
>Foozie makes a bunch of stupid pointless changes (don't ever remove this from the OP, because it is always true)

If you're new to the game, use this referral link to get 250,000 free skillpoints. No purchase necessary. secure.eveonline.com/signup/?invc=72cae059-5664-4c34-9236-9c1f45d2dd4a&action=buddy

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cs13usXnObw
wikihow.com/Get-a-Job
youtube.com/watch?v=E_WObZ3HdCg
youtube.com/watch?v=qhWgR5lQ7Zs
cleavebooks.co.uk/scol/calrtri.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

thanks kevin

sansha a shit tho

x dps

Now entering Toilet VI system

Who was the jew who made SKINs variant-locked.

The fact I can't use the Thukkar cyclone skin on my Claymore makes me mad as hell

why would you want to fly either of those ships

because the cyclone hull is cute! CUTE!

It's like the Magikarp of EVE!

I don't understand the Minmatar idea of putting solar panels on like that, or whatever the fuck that is.

disgusting reskin in that pic, pls delete

I think they look ok, but they're both very weak ships

I want more thukker skins in general.

Plebeian

Do skins apply to every ship of that hull type or is this still eve and they go on one ship and are gone if it dies?

Pls give me a loki solo fit that isn't shit

(Permanent) means you can use the skin forever.
(timed) means you can put it on however many ships you want, but the timer runs out eventually.

Oh so a skin isn't used up when applied to one ship? Sweet.

>active tanked gila

So. Eve is free now.

Are plex still a thing?

I'm willing to go back.

youtube.com/watch?v=cs13usXnObw

but it's not like that. I just go around soloing industrial ships in a vexor.

Yeah you can plex free accounts to make them normal accounts. It's easier if you had bank saved up, plex aren't cheap anymore and free accounts have skills they can't learn or use so isk grinding is slow.

What a bunch of jews. I have plenty of isks laying around, but brazil economy shat the fucking bed and the whole thing got to expensive to keep on playing. Sad thing, lad. I play since 2006.

desu if it wasn't for my thousand year old account I wouldn't even bother, this alpha stuff is pretty disgusting. I was reading the dev blog and I see that eve elitists are still annoying as ever. They must have cried lots and lots.

And the devs still put that they want to give the "most full and unhindered EVE experience".

>unironic grindfags

>brazil
as much as I agree that alpha is too limited, please fuck off and don't shit up the servers with BR nonsense

i get enough of that in dota.

Calm down, lad. EVE was always a safe heaven from bad players, brazilians don't like to play the mmo's like eve and the ones who do are not your "huehuehue" kind of brazilian. Don't go all /pol/ on me.

Still, alpha is too fucking limited. I hope 150 billions is enough to buy me a plex or two.

stop being such a faggot. just pay the sub

150b is enough to buy you about 14 plex.

They are 1.1 billion right now.

Some people can't spend money online or are, god forbid unemployed

You are no mathemagician, user.

Good job.

I MADE A TYPO OK

plex price is how much isk people are willing to pay for game time. you can say pve spits out too much isk if you like, but any other whining with plex prices seems silly to me

As I said, not only I don't like to spend too much cash online, the game is too expensive it's just not worth it.

Would you consider worth or money well spent if you had to pay 500 dollars a year to play eve? Because it's basically the same thing for me. And I do have quite a decent job and a business on envato.

It's not faggotry, it's just... Nah.
But well, we'll see.

Plex prices have been artificially inflating for years because of the spacerich plex barons want more isk (despite having such a stupid huge amount already they can basically fund an entire nullsec alliance alone).

To this day I have no idea why CCP doesn't actively attempt to reduce the price of PLEX. Its in their own business interest to keep PLEX isk price low.

what like going into people's market orders and reducing the prices?

No, like placing restrictions on how many PLEX's you can carry at a time to limit speculation and inclination to inflate the price to make a greater return investment.

It'll never happen because the space rich whales and their null-sec minions will go insane if they do this or any other method.

>Its in their own business interest to keep PLEX isk price low.
Surely the higher the isk price of plex the more likely people will have to resub, and there's a greater incentive to buy plex purely for it's isk value.

You've got the isk so it's a moot point.

another reason it'll never happen is it's fucking dumb

Actually its the opposite.

PLEX is $19.95. For simplicity I will round up to $20.

A regular 1 month sub is $15.

With low plex ISK prices, people are incentivized to pay for their sub with ISK, and every PLEX had to have been bought with real money from SOMEONE.

They get a greater amount of money when more people rely in ISK to plex their accounts.

You fucking retarded, Plex hasn't been sub 800m in 3 years

CCP makes 20 from every plex they sell into the game and 15 from every sub. If the plex price is low in isk then someone who wants to buy a tricked out mission boat has to buy more plex to sell.

Still been slowly going up.

Then again, the last time I played, PLEX was somewhere around 500m.

I remember those times. When I could still dream of plexing my accounts...

>placing restrictions on how many PLEX's you can carry at a time

Given that you can use plex to make new accounts to circumvent any plex restriction, your method effectively works out as a small tax on holding plex.

Sounds like a perfectly acceptable side-effect to me.

They don't want that because they don't want people to play for free because muh free player bogeyman.

I'm surprised they even made this game free to play.

I never did understand what was with bittervets and despising the idea of a F2P option that wasn't shit.

Reminds me of SWTOR actually, except EVE F2P is even more restricted than SWTOR was.

why wont this load?

cause ccp is shit

It won't do anything to affect the price of plex tho.

>makes a post before closing it and trying again

>probably didnt even put it in the hangar inventory

>all this shit about orca kill

Am I missing something with these heavy disruptors and scrams?
You either have bubbles or it's better to pull 4 new players out of rookie help, toss them frigates and teach them how to spiral in than it is to give up a mid slot on a bs. I mean, a bs isn't going to catch anything at a gate. Most damn fleets want to fight each other at first, yeah you dance around and warp for your ideal engagement range but niggas want to fight, that's why you're better off sending in your tackle frigs after the engagement has started.
Are these modules just win-more in terms of points?

When will CCP nerf afk sovnull ratting? PVE shouldn't be something you don't have to focus on.

spiralling is a meme, just go straight at an angle

ccp has to cater to nullbabbies or the game would die

remove local from null and its fixed.
no need to mess with anything else or do complex shit with the sites.

t. hotdropper

That's what spiralling is, you just change the angle up from time to time.

>frig coming straight from an angle
>how did he start at such a nice angle
>i dunno
>look at, spin camera around double click in space above his bow
>blap

>frigs trying to spiral in on me
>just blap them when they change direction and their transversal drops
>MJD away and repeat
>green kb full of alphas that fell for the manual piloting meme

yeah just get your battleship up to 4km/s and you'll have zero transversal

>tfw I just hit orbit at the appropriate range for PvP

I'm a simple man

why would they change directions if they were spiraling in one direction towards you?

you can do very well with orbit/approach/keep at range if you understand them

if there's some snipey range meme guy at 80km or whatever, why bother doing some retarded spiral shit when you can just press orbit at 30km, then when you're closish to that you hit orbit at 5km or something

You don't need zero. If a nigga is travelling in a straight line towards you from far enough away then you just match his direction of travel and transversal will drop enough.

I don't think you have any idea how to properly spiral in when tackling.

>left the game years ago
>plex were at 400m isk
>well over 1bn now

Is it even possible to plex your account as an alpha clone? How many cumulative hours of game play would it take, must be at least in the few hundreds.

I can do most of the things I used to enjoy, just without a cloak.

>80km or whatever, why bother doing some retarded spiral shit when you can just press orbit at 30km
becuase at that distance and the request to orbit at 30 from 80 your ship won't spiral at all and just dive straight for him and he'll nail you with that strategy.

wikihow.com/Get-a-Job

>dive straight for him

no it won't. maybe learn more about how these things work before blathering on about how bad they are

It's not. I mean you could but thats how you get players to burn out. You need to have fun with the isk you earn and only use plexes when you have the skills to earn them fairly easily.

Are you fucking stupid, your ship won't attempt to spiral from 80, thats 2.3x the distance

it'd be different going from 50km to 30km orbit where the ship will gradually enter the 30km orbit because 50km isn't far away

but fucking 80? your slope will be so steep he'll NAIL you christ this isn't hard. It most certainly does happen you tool

even if the game had you only dive at 45 degrees you'd still get fucked the entire way down

Here an atron with a 5mn MWD barrels towards a thorax from 100 at a 45 degree angle.

literally undock and orbit a can or something you shitter

>I'm at 80km
>I set my orbit on an enemy cruiser to 30km from my position
>NO THAT GRAPH MEANS NOTHING JUST FUCKING ORBIT REEE

start at 80km and set 30km orbit you'll get fucked if your angle of descent is too steep

every day with this guy, fucking christ

don't you think the atron would overheat? don't you think there'd be like 10 seconds at the start where the atron isn't getting shot at?

and don't you realise that flying at such stupid angles means you will never actually catch the target and then you'll die because you're retarded?

why do you have to be so shit at everything, this stuff isn't hard

>don't you think the atron would overheat?
Heres the graph of the atron overheating to 5330m/s from 3700

Remember this is assuming the thorax stays still, doesn't have any extra tracking mods like TP's or TC's, has no drugs or anything

>10 seconds where it doesn't get shot
3.7km/s would get the atron about 37km from its starting point, not directly at the thorax but 37km into its flight path. At 45 degrees that is effectively half the distance because of basic trig, the atron would be approximately 18.5km closer to the target after 10 seconds at 45 degrees going 3700m/s.

Overheating to 5300 makes him cross 53km in 10 seconds, half that distance at 45km is a little north of 25km closer which is right in the thorax's sweet spot. It takes a thorax 3 seconds to lock a cruiser sized atron with a MWD on.

>you'll never catch the target at that angle
you'll never catch the target at an even steeper angle. Wanna do the math at just 30 degrees?

>this stuff isn't hard
Also you're right this isn't hard

don't attempt to approach a long range ship from long range, it'd be way better to just warp to a ping and get a warp in onto him some other way. Its stupid to attempt to use the orbit 30km from 80+km thats retarded

>45km
45 degrees my bad

>suicide ganked a newplayer in a rookie system
>not a word from CCP

Holy kek, I even shared the kill in local.

>Remember this is assuming the thorax stays still, doesn't have any extra tracking mods like TP's or TC's, has no drugs or anything

I'll also remember that this is your chosen example with your fits, when I could've very well been talking about a tornado. I notice your atron's sig is about 50% larger than it should be btw, nice one

>you'll never catch the target at an even steeper angle

I'm the one saying take a more direct approach to the target rather than fannying about for 10 minutes manual piloting in pretty circles

no you're retarded if you think orbit at 30km for an 80km target is always retarded. long range targets do not have the same tracking. a cormorant has probably like 100x the tracking of a tornado

>when I could've very well been talking about a tornado.
A tornado would have seen you approaching and just left. You can play this projection game all you want.

>50% bigger than it should be
its a shield atron because armor would be EVEN WORSE for your case since the lack of speed would get it killed even easier. The lack of agility while accelerating would cause it to be even more vulnerable. Due to the speed loss and the signature shrink, it'd take you longer to cross that 80km and you'd take as much damage because thats how the shield and armor balance works.

>I'm the one saying take a more direct approach
then you'll die because the lack of transversal will allow the thorax to do even more damage.

>no you're retarded if you think orbit at 30km for an 80km target is always retarded. long range targets do not have the same tracking. a cormorant has probably like 100x the tracking of a tornado
see
you said that diving from 80km from 30 somehow magically doesn't make you go at neat 0 degrees. I gave you a mild benefit of the doubt and gave you 45 degrees even though its no where near that high for transversal

Scramming a ship with lit cyno should disable it

heres an armor atron with a 400mm plate and trimarks barreling towards a thorax at 45 degrees going 2880m/s

you take about the same damage, and cover less ground

yes, anyone who isn't tackled might warp off. that doesn't mean you don't try. if you're good at eve and take the initiative you will catch more people than an ultra defensive shitter with bad understanding of game mechanics and tracking

shield buffer tanking and armour buffer tanking makes you equally vulnerable vs a stationary target m8. and the agility loss is literally nothing, please get good

>becuase at that distance and the request to orbit at 30 from 80 your ship won't spiral at all and just dive straight for him

if this is what you actually believe, I'm going to stop responding, you need to undock and practice orbiting some cans or something because you don't know what you're talking about

>retards arguing about approaching kite ships/ long range blappers

Literally why? You are either fast enough to close with him at a speed where hos tracking takes a dive, or you are too slow and will get blapped/simply kited all day long.
Just make a call on wether you are gonna bother rushing him, or warp out and relog onto your cloaky alt to set a warp point right on him (assuming he is camping to snipe).

All of this shit is pure speculation, just do the rough calculation of his tracking vs your speed, and if it ain't looking good, go the cloaky option.
I do this and very, very rarely end up getting blapped at range.

>expecting people to use their brains and be adaptable

nothing I said is contrary to what you're saying. I'm only saying spiralling around like a faggot is a waste of time and doesn't help you in any way

>if this is what you actually believe,
ITS FUCKING TRUE YOU NIGGER go on Sisi and drop a fucking can, go out 80km then set orbit for 30km Your angle of descent is super fucking steep the game doesn't compensate for you AT ALL the only thing the game sees is you're at a position and it'll fly you to the closest tangent of the orbit and try to hold it.

>you need to undock and practice
you need to log in and know how the fucking orbit button works because you magically think the game will progressively steepen your angle over your distance like some planetary space shuttle rentry and not dive straight for the orbit point

youtube.com/watch?v=E_WObZ3HdCg

This video is from just 2 years ago, the transversal applications haven't changed at all. Notice that when he selects orbit his ship always beams straight for the orbit, it doesn't compensate with a gradual descent it goes straight to it

You are telling people to bumrush snipers.
He is telling people to bumrush snipers.

I don't see a point, regardless of how you spiral/not, as it will still get you blapped the majority of the time if he is in a non-retarded fit and you are slow enough to be second guessing the rush.

youtube.com/watch?v=qhWgR5lQ7Zs

Heres another great video where a crusader sets orbit 20km from 100km and the ship computer makes him dive straight for the atron and it never compensates at all

>fly you to the closest tangent of the orbit and try to hold it.

so you know how it works, but you're all retarded for some reason. this is exactly what you want - you approach the ship at a decent angle

I'm not watching a 10 minute video of some guy's opinions, sorry

it's not like you can't warp away if things go bad

No I said Don't bumrush a sniper ship at all its suicide. Always manually pilot in a gradual angle, never straight at it and never use the automatic orbit mechanic from long range

Until his tacklefit friends hotdrop you.

Literally just more time, and if he is a kiting sniper and you are a frigate, extended engagements will favor him 99% of the time, especially as he is probably in comms with people who will drop you as soon as you start getting close.

Either have a fast enough ship that you can fly any retarded angle you want and still close and dps, or cloak alt fleet warp right onto him.
All this other shit is a relatively pointless argument in the example given due to the fact that no matter what method you use, you will likely get blapped far more often than you reach him.

>you approach the ship at a decent angle
No you don't,

80km from the target, 30km radius orbit

that makes a virtual triangle with a side of 30, a hypotenuse of 80

Tan = opposite/adjacent

Tan = 80/30

thats an angle of descent of 17-20 degrees you fucking retard

thats EVEN WORSE than my 45 degree example

TL;DR you are FUCKED

>Lock target on broadcast
>press F1

nice gameplay. Better than simons says amirite?

>so you know how it works, but you're all retarded for some reason. this is exactly what you want - you approach the ship at a decent angle

cleavebooks.co.uk/scol/calrtri.htm

Assume you're at angle A, angle C is your target. The distance from angle A to angle C is 80km, the radius (angle B) is 30km for a 30km orbit. That gives your angle of descent is 20 degrees which is really fucking steep you're fucked

you're here looking at triangles like a gay aspie dork, I'll be 50km closer to the target with only minor damage

>20 degree's
>minor damage

heres that shield atron again, heading 20 degrees towards the thorax instead of 45

>minor damage
>takes even MORE damage for longer

here's a graph of you not realising the ship has to lock you before shooting you, and that being quick and decisive is the most important thing as a tackler

Tfw waiting for super to pop out of oven.