D a i l y b a i k u t h r e a d | VX800 Edition

[ D a i l y B i k e T h r e a d ] - /dbt/

Rossi isn't here! My time to shine! Edition.

>Motorcycle Questions & Answers
>Motorcycle Routes & Meetups
>Motorcycle Gear & Accessories
>Motorcycle Adventures & Blog Posts
>Motorcycle Pictures & Fun Webm

>/dbt/ map
google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=z7CKLSFiJH_M.kMZoQpBOKipI

>Motorcycle Ergonomics Simulator
cycle-ergo.com/

>Noob? Read this:

>Webms with sound
>Previously on /dbt/

Other urls found in this thread:

ktm.com/enduro/450-exc-f/
monterey.craigslist.org/mcy/5871453566.html
amazon.com/Arctix-Mens-Tundra-Ballistic-Overall/dp/B0067E26DC
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

first for harley objectively makes the finest motorcycles

Second for red pill me on the Bolt C Spec

I know harleys get kek'd on here a lot, but I will be getting my dads 1964 Sportster that he rebuilt himself out of a junkyard in the 70s.

Will people look at me like I'm a fag?

>Rossi isn't here!

that's because he's all the way back in 4th

> red pill me

nah

Alright so Standards are pretty much not sold in the US anymore and my dream bike CB1300 isn't sold here either

the closest bike to it here in the US is the CB500F. The problem is it has the Angry Ant headlight that all """""""""""""""""""naked sports"""""""""""""""""""""" have.

Would it be possible for me to get a classic standard headlight put on? Or is that headlight stuck fast to the bike?

the closest bike to a CB1300 is a CB500?

Don't you have GSX1400, XJR1300?

Looks like it's mounted to the forks. Just find another bucket headlight with fork mounts the same diameter as yours. May have to fiddle with gauges and such to get it to work

Why do you care what others think?

that's kind of a whole different bike tbqh. It will be as cool as any other bike from the 60's.

Here is a picture of a picture. My dad customized it to how he wanted; now his knees are fucked because he's an old man and he's talked of selling it, so I'm going to buy it from him

that's pretty cool man, looks like a fun bike, keep it.

I need a cheap wind/waterproof outer layer of pants to wear for cold weather riding. Any suggestions?
>hard mode: won't get melted by exhaust which is routed right by my leg
>god mode: won't rip the first time I inevitably fall while trail riding

I can find waterproof textile jackets on clearance for under $100 all the time but pants always seem to be over $100 even for the base level shit.

they're here but I want to buy my bike new (inb4)

At least it's possible, time to start looking

you're a good son lad.

Actually, the XJR isn't available here.

you can still buy an XJR1300 new

make kit kat straight again

turns out neither the xjr or gsx are available here

Standards are Dead (in the US)

This is your reminder that two strokes are superior to four strokes, the environment ain't shit and the power band is your god.

next best dual sport?
ktm.com/enduro/450-exc-f/

you sound american

>dual sport
More like enduro with a license plate. This bike wouldn't be ideal for just casually clocking in a bunch of miles.

Murica strong!

apparently it'll be plated in the states, with extra emissions junk.
What do you think the maint intervals will look like?

>tfw gonna go order one tomorrow

cringe

I like it
Thanks boo

Planning on it. Apparently it's very fast. Probably faster than my little KZ440

What bike is this?

That's a famas

>apparently it'll be plated in the states, with extra emissions junk.
Source? I don't see turn signals or other street equipment on it.
Since 2007 they redid their naming system in the US to where EXC was their street-legal lineup, and their off-road-only enduros (previously EXC) was changed to XC or XC-W. Strange that now they would go back to calling them all EXCs again.
Also looking through their online catalogue it seems they aren't releasing KTM XCs with linkage suspension anymore, but those are going solely under the Husqvarna name now.
>What do you think the maint intervals will look like?
Like last year's 450XC-W, because that's what it is. Very maintenance intensive.

Oh shit. Is that a famas?

Nice famas bro! Quality post sir

dirt bike with street tires

ah nevermind. I was looking at the international site. I changed to the US site and now see the 450EXC with all the street equipment and all the XCs and XC-Ws.

Get the cheapo 20 dolllar overpants and if they break just buy another pair

what bikes dis is?

Nah. That's obviously a famas. Please stop trolling my dbt

What am i missing here

Harley sportster 899

What up newkid

that's the WR450 killer with 17s

>pic related
Looks like all their PDS-shock 4-strokes are street legal now and thus fall under the EXC designation.

>worse than a wr450 in every way
Yeah... killer

lol

It's a john deere, but the idiot owner riced away the signature green and lemon yellow paint.
I bet he squids too.

The kind that are basically a thin layer of plastic to throw over my other pants? I don't think those would last a whole day of riding.
Are snowmobile pants made for abrasion like motorcycle gear?

I'm so moist right now

monterey.craigslist.org/mcy/5871453566.html

looks like shit, is slow, and unreliable.

>that's the WR450 killer
No that's this.

I had a 695 then switched to a dual sport
Nothing against the dual sport. It's cool and reliable and all but ducati is pure sex. Pure joy

>akrapovic slipons cost more than what you make in one month
>stay jelly busrider

didnt even know those were akri untill you mentioned

Sorry but it looks retarded and is slow so I don't know what you are trying to say. The pile of shit only revs to 12k, needs valves adjustments every 100 miles, and is maybe as fast as a $1100 stunt f4i with a 60 tooth rear sprocket. this really is a bike for retards. not to mention this guy has chinese levers on it, lol

please post pictures your god machine

>that's the WR450 food with 17s
ftfy

I am not claiming to have a "god machine". I am just saying that there is no point in owning a specialty bike that doesn't perform, but pic related

>In April 2010, the Monster 796 was announced, producing a factory-claimed 87 hp

lol

are you black?

>not even your bike

no, he's a busrider.

Only toying with the idea of getting a bike. But I'd like to know the best websites to look for used beginner bikes.

Um Craigslist?

Craigslist
IAA
Copart

amazon.com/Arctix-Mens-Tundra-Ballistic-Overall/dp/B0067E26DC
Should I get these for winter riding both on and off road, as well as off-bike winter wearing?

if you wear knee armor under them they should be good.
offroad riding may shred them if youre a trail blazer

I don't think they have enough room underneath to wear knee armor.
>might shred them
Yeah I fall a lot. Are these basically the same material used to make parachute pants?

they're usually pretty lightweight material and don't fare well with falls at any speed or sharp sticks
unless they tout the material as heavy duty, its gonna be thin as shit

Who here enjoy maintenance > riding?

I'm still tempted but I'm probably better off spending twice as much on some actual riding gear that will last me several seasons.

riding

Not me. You might want to try a different riding style if it's not thrilling you.
You should get a dirt bike though. They need a helluva lot of maintenance.

Anyone ever worn a Bell Vortex? is it gud?

Bell rogue is superior nigga

you've got one?

i'm thinking about getting that one for my second helmet..

I have one. It's comfy. But I don't really use it. Got it for a buddy of mine to do some airbrushing on but I'm a slacker and im at work a lot.

So I'm finally taking my MSF course, 21 years old so I know the rules of the road and shit already. I want a helmet that can be usable for dirt biking but also on the road.

Do I have to buy two helmets? Are there any that would work for both?

Just buy a bunch of helmets. It's nice to have options

i like it a lot, i might get one later on during the spring. either that or the shark raw helmet, lol.

for now, the last thing i need now is more cold air piercing my skin.

Yea, that's why I have a closet full of um. Nice to have choices.
The lil fave mask is sturdy enough. But blocked plenty of rocks n such. Obviously not as sturdy as a quality full face. But if it's what you want go for it

>jay leno posting
hey man I am thinking about getting an XB9r at some point. any thoughts?

>ballistic nylon
What is this material? Is it actually suitable for falls and slides like the typical 600denier cordura used in most textile gear? Is it the same shit?

garbage mostly, its a marketing thing for a material that isnt much good but gets slapped on all kinds of shit

I'm not him. But buy whatever u want idc

>XB9R
Why not get the much better looking SX?

on second thought nevermind that's even uglier. The front fairing on the firebolt doesn't do it for me either tho.

I started with a HJC FG17 on my dual sport, with sunglasses under the clear visor. Nice for colder rides and long highway stretches.
Then I bought a fox racing v1 with clear and tinted goggles. I wear this 95% of the time now. It doesn't flap around in the wind as much as you'd think. You can always see and breathe no matter where you are. No dust in eyes

bikini fairing makes me feel something fierce.

all depends on what the market is like when I am buying though, I really want a sportster but a buell is like a sportster that just got really good.

Okay those are pretty cheap I was planning on dropping a good 500+ dollars on my road helmet and at this point just buying a separate dirtbike helmet since they're cheaper

Thats indiananon

No a Buell is like an actual sportbike that happened to use a shitty 45° air cooled v-twin derived from a sportster but not really much like a sportster anymore

In all my alcoholic glory

>that sound
>that rumble
>them pushrods
shit's dope

kek. how's boatlife

yeah..don't do that. from what i've seen, there isn't much increase in safety as you go up in price for helmets (unlike boots, etc). Stay away from ridiculously cheap helmets though.
I tried both of my helmets on in a dealership before ordering them online. It's the only way to know if it'll be comfortable for your head.

Whatcha drinking?

Okay that helps I was expecting having to drop that much. I'm probably going to try some on in a shop and pickup some gloves and hopefully a jacket. I'm not too worried about helmets since they should be fairly universal yea? However I'm 193cm and pretty slim so jackets are a bitch to get online, same with gloves since I have spider fingers

It goes. I fly outta the country Tuesday.

Some stout called fade to black. I like it

The size shouldn't vary much by model, but your experience with each will. I wear the same size as my dad but we can't stand each other's helmets.
I have pretty large hands too and have had to return gloves before. Most leather gloves stretch out a little as they are broken in tho