At what point can I call myself owner/founder/CEO of my own business?

At what point can I call myself owner/founder/CEO of my own business?

So i have a business idea, have had a logo done professionally, have researched my name/logo, nothing out there like it, even in the government trademark/copyright and have social media outlets in the name of my business.

Now, it's going to take time to get and do the legal stuff, but can i start calling myself an entrepreneur/CEO even though I don't really have my name on my company stating that i own it? If so how do i go about it? Wait for my trademark, get a business license? Please help

My legal advice starts at $50 per 3 questions. Reply if your interested.

CEO may or may not own the business

just saying

I know this, but to normies it does, and well i do want to start my business, and i'm asking, because I think i can capitalize on calling myself these things even before I actually start my business, but I want to know if I should or if I shouldn't?

The CEO has to be both the highest and not lowest person in a company

Knock yourself out, but anyone who cares enough to actually look up you/your business will quickly realize that it doesn't really exist yet and will think you're generally full of shit.

You have to have a board of directors in order to be a CEO. Or you can just call yourself President.

>I can capitalize on lying to people

People with no integrity generally do not make it very far. Better to put the work in and reap the benefits you've earned rather than get a reputation as a liar.

amateur tier: buy a business license
a little better: incorporate a business
almost there: turn a profit
borderline business: hire people
now-you've-got-it: retire on the profits of your business

this guy doesnt have a single clue what hes talking about

Not an argument

he's probably thinking of the truism- "fake it 'til you make it."

Most PR is just representing yourself in the best way possible. Not lying, that's illegal. Just telling the truth in the most impressive way possible.

OP's just on the line there. Technically he owns a business as soon as he buys a license. Only time will tell if he makes good on that promise though. Most people don't. In the real world if we want to do biz with a company we check their credit.

"founder"

President sounds good

I'm not trying to lie to people

That is why i'm asking, I'm currently stuck with school and work and stuff, but i will be graduating next semester so then i can actually focus on my business

Nothing more pathetic than people who put Founder/CEO/President at "(some shitty Facebook page with 3 likes and absolutely nothing on the internet about the company)" on their fb or Linkedin profiles

One of my biz mentors talked about this yesterday.

You're an entrepreneur if you're a 1 man army.

You're an CEO when you hire employees to do what you can do.

To move to the next level you should be thinking "What's something i can hire someone to do that I won't have to do anymore"

With employees you work ON your business rather than IN your business.

Typical Veeky Forums!

"I want to start a business!"
Step 1: Design a Logo
Step 2: "Can I call myself CEO now?"

In serious though, once you are incorporated you can call yourself self-employed or business owner. Of course you could create a board of directors with you as the sole member and then propose a measure to appoint yourself as CEO, but that's like creating a HOA for yourself only and insisting on being called "President of the HOA" all the time.

But of course we're on Veeky Forums so none of this is gonna happen anyways.

Let me blow your mind in 0.5 seconds

Who the fuck gets to tell you what YOU are in YOUR business?

Get out there, call yourself whatever the fuck you want, and make some fucking MONEY

>Who the fuck gets to tell you what YOU are in YOUR business?
The law. The terms "Chief Executive Officer" and "President" have defined meanings under corporate law. You can't be a CEO unless you're elected to that position by the board of directors. Period. You can't be the President unless you're appointed to that position by the board. Period.

If you want to make up names for yourself, feel free to be the "Founder" or the "Principal." Hell, you can even call yourself the "Executive Officer" and that's probably fine. But you're not a CEO, a President, or a Chairman unless you meet the legal definition.

>implying i esteem myself king of my sovereign nationhood by divine right.

>You're an CEO when you hire employees to do what you can do.

Being this naive.

Once your company is doing at least a billion dollars per year in revenue AND you have at least 10,000 employees.........then can you call yourself a real ceo.

Until then..........you're just some faggot with a big ego.

biz is literally
Jews: the board

10,000 is a big number, sure you don't want to lower that a bit?

>I'm thinking I capitalize on telling people I own my business before I actually own my business
>I don't want to lie to people
Well then you should kill yourself my man, because you are retarded.

It's your "business" give yourself any title you want.

I had an idea for a business, but I didn't call myself a Business owner.

I made a profit with my business, but I still didn't feel like I could call myself a business owner.

Then the tax man came and stole my money away from me. Over $1,000. All of a sudden I feel like I can call myself whatever the fuck I want.

I think the real question is: what is the best title to give yourself and not some ego trip for a lazy Veeky Forumsreali who hasn't got a fucking clue?

Does "Managing Director" have any cachet, or legal obligations?

He's right though, maybe it's not "lacking integrity" per se but known chronic liars do very well in American Business
>Shane Smith of Vice
>Steve Jobs of Apple
>Bernie Madoff (until the financial crises)
>Virtually every rapper overstates their networth... and they probably sold T-shirts, not crack in their hood days
>Adnan Khashoggi

The list goes on, all people who either operated business without integrity, or lied about their business to partners and suppliers constantly

kek

So it looks like you're interested!

I would call yourself owner/operator to start off to keep it real

We're against jews dumbass, we talk about it all the time.

>we

nobody pays any attention to advice or opinions of paranoid schizophrenics that unironically believe in god or the jews controlling everything.

Daffy fuck.

kek

don't be an idiot and start calling yourself a CEO, you'll be seen as a laughing stock to anyone with half a brain. Say you're self employed until you're making decent money and hiring people.