/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, December 1st:
1640 – End of the Iberian Union: Portugal acclaims as King João IV of Portugal, ending 59 years of personal union of the crowns of Portugal and Spain and the end of the rule of the Philippine Dynasty.
1862 – In his State of the Union Address President Abraham Lincoln reaffirms the necessity of ending slavery as ordered ten weeks earlier in the Emancipation Proclamation.
1934 – In the Soviet Union, Politburo member Sergey Kirov is shot dead by Leonid Nikolaev at the Communist Party headquarters in Leningrad.
1941 – World War II: Emperor Hirohito of Japan gives the final approval to initiate war against the United States.

>News
EU4 DD 29/11
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-29th-november-2016.985408/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI4] - Après Moi, Le Déluge
moddb.com/mods/apres-moi-le-deluge

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!TVA2RByJ!tuh0k4SR5gXPLtmxsMd4KZ0at9gY5s5_oV70ui8A4B0

>>[EU4] - Expensive Warfare Mod 1.0
pastebin.com/gThqFi54

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.1 - 27/11/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V9
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/VRBhfFt8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louisiana_(New_France)#/media/File:Royal_Standard_of_King_Louis_XIV.svg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SMS_Schlesien
boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/128041898/#128076229
boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/128041898/#128077726
boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/128041898/#128078139
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kafiristan
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

white and based

Based

>that EU4 DD
Useless.

pls buy hoy4

Good to learn the game in eu4

Reminder that there's already a new thread

Based Erdogan~

What?

Why does the thread keep schisming? Why is some faggot starting threads with that joke image instead of the infographic every day?

>no infopic
>fucked up warning
No thanks. Make a proper one next time.

Your mother will die in her sleep tonight

Good mods for eu4?

>every thread needs to be exactly the same
Unironic autism

Why does some faggot think he's allotted by God full control over the thread and make a new thread (thus schisming it) after a perfectly good one was already made?

Same reason Byzantines refused to accept papal supremacy when their empire was virtually a city state

See

Me You and Texas

Which is?

Should I shoah the burgers?

>a perfectly good one was already made
Nope

>having to solve 2 captachas and waiting 60 secs is better than 1

See

Can't even see Americans in that image. In France?

wait for the 2.0 version first

according to literally one person

Do it.

>bloat: double bloat edition

>Why didn't everyone laugh at my funny "A Wild Thread Appears!" joke? I'll keep trying to tell it again until they do.
unironic autism

I'm just asking in general. The image is just to show who I am and how gross I am.

They thought they were in the right As space marines

it will be faster

Do it out of principle.

According to everyone (18 people so far) who has moved to this thread instead of that other one.

Prove it.

Want to do a Boer HPM run, how long does it take for Transvaal to form?

It's just me using 17 proxies

Don't argue with the autists, they don't understand the concept of democracy.

>kr for hoi4
What the fuck?

Reminder that the M&T modders are retards who can't tell the difference between video games and real life...

Around the 1840's or 45's
Check the year the nation appeared historically to have an idea

>Don't argue with the autists
Oh the ironing

The person who made that mod's map should be shot.

>...
reddit

Is /gsg/ the prime example of generals being shit?

...and the HIP modders are, too.

The ellipsis is a perfectly valid punctuation mark.

What's wrong with it?

>The ellipsis is a perfectly valid punctuation mark.
It's also reddit

How come Hitler never intended to have a major Mediterranean port?

there's just not enough good gsg to go around

This thread is pretty good, what are you talking about?

Just wondering why they did it for hoi4 and not hoi3.

The initial landings will consist of 24,000 Marine troops

/gsg/ is a prime example of Paradox releasing shit ever since mid CK2

They didn't have the intelligence to play hoi3, they think its too hard.

You going to get fucked with just that. You barely have the time to do a full scale invasion.
Soften it with a few well placed nukes.

I tried changing the files for forming israel but it still says I need rev and counterrev help

They were a bit too busy with land probably didn't want to step in the italian toes

pastebin.com/VRBhfFt8

Then you forgot something, I guess. Forgot to save? Forgot to change the files in a mod, only changed them in vanilla?

How will the burgers EVER recover?

>wasted IC
>all that diplo
>no nukes

do I need to change in both? I only changed it in HPM, I have no idea how to change the vanilla files or where they are
thanks

Only HPM should do.

Is that bice?

You always use this argument, and it's always wrong. Nobody's here because they like it necessarily, but because it seems "normal". People see two threads and think, oh, well most people are probably gonna be posting in that one since that's what all the other ones are like.

You get a lot of hate and you know it.

sup HPM

sup reed

Apparently there was a historical French Louisiana flag. They used the Royal Standard according to >wikipedia.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louisiana_(New_France)#/media/File:Royal_Standard_of_King_Louis_XIV.svg
The flag you use is the flag of New Orleans, which is also a fine choice.

However, for republican Louisiana why not use the historical flag of Louisiana during the Civil War? You could perhaps switch the golden star for a white fleur de lis. Or I can do it myself.

Can you add a swastika or similar cool symbol to the fascist Afghanistan flag?

Well, I can do it in a non serious way just for you if you wish me to. But if you mean do it for the flag in the pack, I would, but I haven't been able to find a "fascist Afghan" symbol, if there even is one, so for now I'll leave the flag as is.

I quit out of Vic2, replaced all israel events with the ones given in the pastebin and all decisions with the pastebin ones and it still requires rev and counter revolution

Intervening in the U.S.
I am guessing Muzzle+Breachloaders?

I wish I had more soldiers, but with new updates I am getting super slow soldiers and education it seems like even when I got rid of slavery ASAP. By this time last game, I had 60 and this one I am barely scraping by with 30.

I'd like to keep the CSA alive, long enough to gobble up my previous colonies from the U.S. Hoping the Peru event fires for the cheap puppet. Question is, Humiliate, or spend the infamy for a Cut-Down to Size on the U.S?

You are still doing something wrong. Try clearing your cache or something. Make sure you are replacing it in the right place and that your mods are in the right place.

Can you make a fascist flag for the US that says 'white power'?

Rate my qt elf husbando, /gsg/

A status quo will be better, the US will be more likely to sign. The CSA has a decision to remove US cores in their land too but I don't remember the requirements.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SMS_Schlesien

F

>Empire of Man
Which version are you using?

If I wait to get friendly with the CSA before intervening, they will have lost the war. So Humiliate (burn US infamy, hopefully knock them out of GP), sphere the CSA?

F

I don't know if it's the brand of white power you are looking for but I've made KKK flags in the past, I think they look quite nice. The first one was made by another user, mind you.
boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/128041898/#128076229
boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/128041898/#128077726
boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/128041898/#128078139

The latest one, 1.0.2. I've just modified the title from "The Empire" to "Empire of Man" because the "of the The Empire" thing was triggering me.

I see. Good idea, actually

t.urk

Yo hpm, when I took the option as 54 40 or fight as the US and the war starts, the war gets auto white peaced the next day, no matter what I do. How do I fix?

cleared my entire cache
The mod is under victoria 2 under paradox's shit, in my documents

HPM, if you're here, I'd like to make a proposition to add some Kafiristani pops to Jalalabad province in Afghanistan. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kafiristan
If we assume that the population distribution in Afghanistan is relatively the same today as it was in 1836, it would not be unreasonable to add around 1000 Hindu farmer pops.
Though I'm not entirely sure what their culture would be. According to wikipedia, it could be anything from Greek to Tamil, but I think that Hindustani or something would be the safest choice.

Why are americans so shit at naval combat?

I've found that naval combat in HoI3 is incredibly easy as long as you keep all of your ships in one or two giant fleets; the AI likes to split up their navy into dozens of tiny fleets

That's true for pretty much every PDX game

It's a problem in the CB, acquire_all_cores. AMM set a war to start with that CB but the CB seems a bit wrong. Either that or its a problem on how fast cores are issues.

I will take a look at it later. For now you could copy the can_use of acquire_any_state to the CB, I think that should do it.

I will take a look later, thanks.

Good night anons, good night /gsg/.

samefag

Two requests:
>Tweak Carlism events to be more interesting
Republican spain has a couple chains that affect, where they lose accepted cultures. Carlist spain has.. reclaiming colonies?
>CSA starts as a substate for six months
CSA gets swamped in war before they can even mobilize by the U.S. Letting them start as a substate, would allow them to build up an army to atleast distract before they can mobilize so the war isn't resolved by christmas when it fires.

HPM you going to have spare time anytime soon?

Hey HPM, I checked the last version of your mod and apparently you didn't implement some flags from V8, I only checked Angola and Libya, was that purposefully or was it a mistake?

not enough liquor emblems for him desu

Hey HPM. Surely you can create some sort of system where France either doesn't start the 10th French liberation of Alsace-Lorraine every game or they lose their cores or something, right?

They're absolutely suicidal when it comes to getting that strip of land back and it triggers my autism.

Friendly reminder that ships used fuel as coal until after WW1. Especially battleships and dreadnoughts.