/owg/ - Overwatch General

Make Overwatch Great Again Edition

>Season 3 is live, as of midnight GMT yesterday
>The rank that you receive after placement will be influenced by your rank from last season

>Also First Strike has been cancelled. Stop asking you faggots

>Symmetra's changes
youtube.com/watch?v=elN-QGyToxM

>Official Website and Community
playoverwatch.com
us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/

>Live Patch Notes
us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20752015856

>PTR Patch Notes
playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/20379410

>Overwatch Dev Tracker
overstalk.io/

>Wiki
overwatch.gamepedia.com/Overwatch_Wiki

>Convert source mouse sensitivity
jscalc.io/calc/djyxBymfcWCIgD4f

>Stats and Leaderboards
masteroverwatch.com
overbuff.com/

>Competitive Info
gosugamers.net/overwatch
over.gg/

>Some shitty discord only autists care about
discord.gg/Mzpx4Yh

Stale bread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JeimE8Wz6e4
youtu.be/s4rXEKtC8iY
youtube.com/watch?v=Falm0H7VEiQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

D.va is a shit waifu, Russian muscle waifu is way better

>team picks 3 tanks
>only DPS
>we lose
>"We had shit DPS anyways"

how many of you low plat scrubs got knocked down to silver/gold after placements?

ended last season at 2705, went 8-2, had to play mainly support to get wins though, placed 2023, thanks jeff.

I'm forever done with playing brawls for lootboxes, this is a fucking torture chamber

Why do I love Widowmaker so much? It's pretty simple when I think about it. Widowmaker isn't just the best hero in overwatch, she might be the future Queen of Waifus Just imaging her grappling through the sands of Anubis, the wind in her hair, her mighty rifle with her. As she grapples through the objectives, the men swoon at her very scent. They know how she smells, the essence of her smell is sold in the blizzard store under the the name of "Blueberry pie scent". The very nature of Widowmaker is mystery. could she be playing a deeper game than even her creator realizes? The answer is yes, she has transcended such boundaries as the written world, and has free will to do whatever she sees fit. However, Widowmaker is filled with such guile, such french smugness that she does not even use these powers. Why, you might ask? You will never know, for the mind of the Widowmaker is not one that is easily penetrated. Widowmaker is such a force of nature in her realm that nothing can truly touch her, the only thing keeping her bound to the game at all is her will to exist within the preordained boundaries of her world. Widowmaker is not only beyond the comprehension of us, she exists within a plane of true focus and beauty. Observe her smug smile, her gorgeous and rippling ass, her cute nose, and most importantly, her eyes. Her eyes, like pools of saffron, provide the only glimpse into the true machinations of Widowmaker. Do not stare into them. Many good men have gone mad in the attempt. Widowmaker is not just a character, a formless collection of words and images, she is herself is the binding that holds the saga together. Without Widowmaker, the entire game, the entirety of Blizzard as we know it crumbles. The temple of anubis would freeze without Widowmaker, Eichenwalde would become a desolate crater, Ecopoint: Antarctica would melt without her frosty gaze. These are just of a few of the reasons why I like Widowmaker so much.

did wad delete the discord or did i just get kicked

we won an award boys

Can someone post junkmei pics. Id love to collect them all.

>barely made it to Plat at the end of S2
>end at 2520ish
>do placements
>Lose, Lose, Lose
>dying inside
>Win, Win, Win, Win, Win, Lose, Win
>place 2612

Don't DPS if you can't DPS, idiot. 3 tank is strong as fuck, but not if your one DPS is shit.

GAME OF THE YEAR!!!!
congrats guys
t. /v/

>GOTY

NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

That award belongs to TF2!

did geoff accept the award

>end at 3001 and got SR at 3072
>do L L L W W W W W W L in my placements
>i am 3005
>feelsgoodman.jpg

Made it to diamond muthafuckas! Even if I end the season with a plat ranking do I still get rewarded like I was diamond?

yes

what do you guys consider a "good" rank ? Let's stay realistic
(pic semi-related)
>inb4 4200

Anyone else loving the competitive Catch .22?

If someone on your team leaves you're guaranteed to lose

If you leave once they leave you're given a loss

Whos stupid fucking idea was this anyways, if someone on your team leaves theres literally no reason at all to stick around because you're just wasting time getting your ass kicked

>(pic semi-related)
how?

im a shitter

>carry team as Rein
>pin faggots all game
>dish outa handful of ults and ranged kills
>always jumping back to protect my teammates

>don't even get a card

youtube.com/watch?v=JeimE8Wz6e4

i know what its from im just saying you're an autistic redditor and you need to go back

Just do 1v1s and 3v3s; easy boxes.

;_;

how do I get hana posters to say "annyeong" to me?

Is anyone else getting random disconnects where its not a problem with your internet?

Only before I bought an ethernet cable

Is he the best boy left at Blizzard?

Is nobody playing Deadman anymore? I only time I ever see him now is in 1v1

This will be canon and there is nothing anyone can do to stop it from happening.

Repostan

>Place S2 at 3024
>Highest is 3069
>Final is 2897
>Placement match is 7 wins, a draw, and two defeats
>Placed at 3204

I'm okay with this

I love Hana.

How am I supposed to deal with someone throwing a game by queuing with their platshit friend?

Forgot to precise: played Reinhardt all the time save for two matches where I had to go Rapeape for one and Korean gurl gamer for the other.
Life is good.

>play mercy in comp
>silver in healing
>multiple 3-4x rezzes that I didn't wait for them to die til I used
>no potg, or card
>whole team, including lucio telling me i deserved it and praising me

Feels good to be a heal slut

>when you drop the beat so hard you break your spine

Cutest and best pairing

>silver in heals

you didn't deserve potg or a card

>meet some guys and form a group
>do really well a couple games
>lose a few times
>pick symmetra to defend the first point in a tiebreaker
>do really well, its a close game
>we lose in overtime
>they call me a 'symmetra troll' and kick me
welp

Why aren't you watching McCree DM a D&D game while climbing out of masters?

We won GOTY

Post husbandos

>thinking a good mercy can beat even just a mediocre lucio in heals
yea, okay

I fucking hate that he used the Harambe meme, but god damn is this guy lovable.

I want to breed with Ana!!

But Overwatch is great again, it's the greatest game of the year, to be precise.

rare mommy pic get! thank you

Because I'd rather watch him play Overwatch when he does. He's bretty gud.

Story mode when?

Git gud

what do you do with her pics?

>mercy in comp

You already fucked up

>multiple 3-4x rezes

Holy shit how many times can you wipe before you lose a game?

hahaha

How is zarya a counter to dva? Zarya can hit through DM but that doesnt matter when dva is taking half damage from armor and zarya has to chew through 1000 worth of hp to kill dva

Play of the game (of the year)

We won though, with about 1:30 seconds remaining

to have sex with your daughterfu right?

>S1 placed 48, climbed to 70
>S2 placed 2400, climbed to 3500
>S3 placed 3500
>finally got placed where i belong

Feels good to be able to start with people who can into basic team composition right away and not spend whole season getting there again.

wrong, zarya's beam bypasses armor effects. Its like regular health. same with symmetra's beam but she's too squishy to take her on 1v1

D.Va literally can't do anything but run away when Zarya's shield is up.

3 tank is the best right now
and if you can't repel a reaper or a mei charging a Rein shield or shoot dead some dumb 200 hp hero horribly out of position and in the open unsupported, GET THE FUCK OFF DPS

>S1 placed 48, climbed to 70
prove it

3 tank is shit and will always be shit

You're very welcome mildly creepy Oedipus complex poster.

竜神の剣を喰らえ!

>yfw

>First comp match we somehow get an unranked guy in our team who instalock Widowmaker

youtu.be/s4rXEKtC8iY

>Play placement matches
>Lose 7 out of 10
>Get 3608

Looks like it uses season high to place you up

Why does Metzen suck so much ass he made Soldier 76's Ultimate a literal "I don't have to aim" button?

can you blame him? she's a hottie.

Zarya was the whole reason D.Va didn't see any play, where were you? She was just a giant ult battery for her.

I'm gonna buy a microphone and be one of those fags I fucking hate getting queued with

d.va Game of the Year! voiceline when

soldier is too good
beyblade too shit
only pick into trip tank of winston+road+X

Améle Lacroix
Best Girl of the Year

So perfect lads

no, Armor reduces beam damage, including symmetra

By math, Zarya should do 50% less damage to armor. By practice, I believe Zarya does 25% less damage to armor. Doesn't matter what her charge level is at. It does matter for Symmetra, level 1 -> 50% reduction level 2 -> 33% reduction level 3 -> 17% reduction.

Still, at up to 190 dps Zaryanova does a pretty good job of putting the pressure on D.Va. I think DISCORD + Zaryanova is more practical counter, and honestly with the DPS output of Soldier:76, a Zenyatta, a beam weapon and a skilled Roadhog D.Va loses her survivability status very fast.

I ain't bothering to queue GM level games at midnight, so if anyone wants their account boosted for free by a mid-grandmaster player, E-mail me at [email protected]

pointing out silver healing as a support is like pointing out gold damage as junkrat its expected

So I just finished my placement matches, I won 9 out of the 10 matches I played. I played as Soldier 76 every single game, got gold for damage and eliminations almost every single game, and was actually a huge help to the team.

Yet I got placed at 2058.
Can someone explain this shit to me?

Also how come when I tried to take a screenshot of my placement matches they just came out as the ground on the current map I was on?

GUYS
is it still possible to get placed in like silver if i was ~3k last season
i really want to tank my placements so i get to vs absolute shitters for a few days

>Yet I got placed at 2058.

you're a barely gold tier player and not actually good. maybe you can hit platinum if you get carried.

but I like Ana more

You're a shitter and you played with other shitters.

Last season I got placed at 2400 with 7 fucking losses.
How come I win 9 times and actually do a very good job and only get 2058 this time? Have of our matches were total stomps as well.

I was pointing out silver because I wasn't even gold in healing, yet everyone was praising me. Including the lucio

yes of course let's listen to your plat opinion

tell these pros, who are far better than you will ever be, that they are wrong

Jeff has always been a memer.

youtube.com/watch?v=Falm0H7VEiQ

The built in screenshots function doesn't capture UI. I just use Shadowplay for UI screenshots since I already use it to record.

Dumb healslut.

w/l doesn't matter for S3 placements

>Have of our matches were total stomps as well
then you played against shitty bronze players and as such your SR is rated low because its easy to stomp bronze.

dps memer spotted

>tfw I got harbloo in 1v1 a couple days ago and we were tied 4v4
>then... VERSUS: ROADHOG

My buddy who I played all my placements with played tank the whole time, played against all the exact same players as me, and he got 2408.

I'm just butthurt that my SR went down so far when I've actually significantly improved as a player since last season

>have 3 gold medals as DVA including elim and damage
>objective time card

>ended last season at ~2200
>went 7-2-1 in placements, playing tank and support half and half
>get placed 2150
guess that means I'm better than you, scrub :^)

>Have gold elim as tracer with 54
>Game decide to pick Genji for elim card with 43

Do they not give MVP cards anymore? I haven't seen one since October.

>win game
>all red cards
>wait one blue card
>mei
>damage blocked :154