Have you upgraded your swaybar beyond stock? Is body roll inherently comfy?

Have you upgraded your swaybar beyond stock? Is body roll inherently comfy?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ziyzsN8-6C4
youtube.com/watch?v=FxrWTZjtCXo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Only the rear on mine. Makes it feel tighter when cornering. Doesn't really make any difference when driving normally. Can make the rear end more prone to coming around on you, not nearly enough to consider not getting a bigger swaybar. Don't go too big if you don't plan on turning it into a dedicated track car.

Oh cool! I kinda did the opposite.
I did 1 5/16ths in the front, and am currently waiting for 7/8ths for the rear.
My car is a Lincoln Mark VII, so it has a bunch of bodyroll stock. I was pleasantly surprised how easy it was to switch out and the results were immediately tighter when I took it around turns.
As soon as my rear gets here, I'm looking forward to gaining some oversteer. If that's how it works, I confess I'm ignorant.

FM adjustable sway bars in my 02 shitiata. The OEM sport bars (on the LS trim) were decent, but getting the adjustable bars and tweaking them to fit my preference was fun and totally worth it. I prefer a neutral to slight oversteer setup, and I was able to get it dialed in nicely. When I got the settings right, the car and I just "clicked."

>comfy
Soft bars are nice for cruising, but if you're going to hoon, get proper bars.

A good rear sway bar is the best "bang for your buck" suspension upgrade imo.

I took the stock front bar out and left the rear in, lots of bodyroll but really positive handling and lots of mid-turn grip.

There is no way body roll is ever comfy. I've never upgraded my bars but replacing worn out bushings and end links (or whatever you call the links that connect the sway bar with the car.) Can really improve handling if the car is older. Energy suspension products are the best here IMHO.

Body roll is never comfy because it's more disconcerting than anything else.

I've never bothered to change out any of my sway bars though. MX-5 felt fine on stock suspension, Subaru Outback needs a lift more than it needs sways, WRX feels fine on stock suspension (but imo tempted to lift that too)

I need to. Mine is bent.

Put a strut bar in my rolla. The sick blue paint adds ~5hp too

>paint

It's anodized, and this is why you're a moron.

>Body roll is never comfy because it's more disconcerting than anything else.

Body roll is the difference between tires slipping and a car actually rolling over. One is easier to gauge than the other so you can ease off a turn when necessary when inherently it will not overseer.

What do you mean?

Why would I put a swaybar on when just coilovers and top mounts created the handling I wanted.

ARB's should be the last change to get handling characteristics and sticking a super thick roll bar on is dumb if you can reduce understeer through better coilies.

I own an MR2 and a stiff sway bar is a terrible idea in that car.

The AW11 and SW20 are already slightly more dangerous because of the mid engine layout but a soft sway bar let's you know when the car is approaching it's grip limit.

A stiff sway bar will help handling, but it also eliminates any warning that the car is about to lose grip.

It's well know in the MR2 community not to use a stiff sway bar on the street.

Body roll in anything but land yachts is degenerate.

I have front and rear sways and endlinks on my 350z. Front is 48% stiffer than stock, rear is 185% stiffer than stock. If you get sway bars, you MUST get stronger endlinks as well, stock one's will break within a few days of using stiff bars. How does it handle? Like it's on rails. Best mod I've ever done, minor body roll in fast turns, no body roll when daily driving.

Have you replaced the air suspension with springs? If not, you should. It makes a huge difference in the handling.

I had upgraded sway bars on my Prelude along with some 3-way adjustable coilovers. Body roll was virtually nonexistent. I'm definitely going to do the bars on my WRX in the spring. Leaving the shocks & springs stock though... because the ride quality in the prelude with the stiff coilovers was unbearable for a daily driver.

thicker ARBs are good for sharpening responses, if you like that sort of thing

body roll in comfy on the straight line, exciting in the corners and it may or may not be faster.

dyane

youtube.com/watch?v=ziyzsN8-6C4

astra gsi

youtube.com/watch?v=FxrWTZjtCXo

i upgraded the rear swap on my scion tc years back and the difference was so noticable i needed a smaller steering wheel to be able to turn the car fast enough to keep up with the performance

I've done it all round on my Miata and the ride quality gets worse. Have tried running without swaybar, that really increased the comfort but the car didn't turn as responsive.

>see everyone pushing the oversteer-biased swaybar setup meme online and in person
>buy adjustable swaybars and set them up soft up front and stiff at back for light oversteer bias
>it's fucking shit
>change it to understeer biased, front max stiffness rear full soft (but still stiffer than stock)
>feels amazing

why do people like oversteer bias so much? Literally feels like the car is lifting off in the rear any time you take a turn above 30mph. Don't even get me started on driving it in the fucking rain. Yeah it feels amazing if you're using it for drifting or just fucking around hooning but why the fuck does everyone I know that does this does it on their daily commuter.

I installed new springs and shocks on my Miata before FM's Summer Camp one year. I left the sway bars disconnected so the springs could "bed in" without interference. Me being me, I got to the track day late because I planned poorly, but was allowed on track anyway since I'd previously run the event and had gained the trust and confidence of the FM crew.

It was fucking hilarious. I felt like I was driving a boat, but one that had all sorts of grip. I set a pretty good time even still, but I had a silly amount of body roll and movement. My friends in the crowd had a good laugh, too.

lol wut