/msg/ - Maplestory General

MAINTENANCE STORY EDITION

Patch Notes:
maplestory.nexon.net/news/19035/v-178-v-limitless-patch-notes
-
READ THE PASTEBIN

pastebin.com/BAi9nL3e
-
Discord: Ask in the thread for an invite link.
-

>Aries
8x/4x/6x v177+ (Updates alongside GMS).
Miss me with that gay shit.
aries.elluel.net/

>GMS/EMS/JMS/KMS
EVERYONE WHO PLAYS THE OFFICIAL SERVERS IS SPREAD OUT. POST YOUR IGN AND MAYBE YOU'LL FIND SOMEONE TO PLAY WITH.

WHISPER ELYI ON REBOOT FOR A GUILD.
Waifus/Casuals on Windia
Whisper ObtainBooty/Tonu on KHROA
Whisper Chow/Gaby on Bera

>Legends
2x/1x/1x/3x [Quest] v62 Nostalgia server. /msg/ approved.
maplelegends.com/

maplestory.nexon.net

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WXrdYwG17PE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

orchid is the cutest

1ST FOR B E R A
B
E
R
A

FIRST FOR WINDIAN CUTIES

BEEFY servers

True Maplers Play Reboot

>legends
>/msg/ approved
nth for new scania guild

I havent played the game in months, I hear about 5th Job and it makes me want to play and then this fucking horseshit

2ND FOR I WANNA MARRY BERAN AND WINDIAN CUTIES

>maintenance extended until further notice.

Hopefully we'll get some more compensation. Off to bed for EST players

xth for goodnight

indeed i think 4 hours of farming per day would be more than enough honestly, way more than necessary to reach the goal, given you need around 100 reds to get equips to leg with good pots on average, 4 hours could neat you 800m if done efficiently and you can also do bosses to complement, of course once you get to star'ing tyrants that's a complete diferent story, you would require 5b to get a tyrant to 5/8 stars on average, that's where the meso grinding on reboot really becomes heavy.

But that's really endgame.

>Trying to justify playing on inferior servers

embarrassing

>t.ugly

>demon slayer
>demon avenger
>shadower
>thunder breaker

which 1??

The time frame for Mihile's shield skill is so fucking terrible. I don't understand why they don't just add an extra second or so to the guard opportunity. This isn't fucking Third Strike.

wow, we went through a thread in a day. thats some kind of record for us. god bless maintenance

Daily reminder

>4 hour maintenance
>extended until further notice
why did i even stay up

So that quiz to find out what job you were? It was finally posted after 5 days

I got Bowman even though I've never made one.

You should take the quiz while we are on maintenance
fb dot com slash maplestory

Shadower for shit.
Thunder Breaker for fun.
Demon Slayer for top big dick damage.
Demon Avenger for autism retard strength.

why is shadower bad

Just has shit damage because it's "tanky" even though it doesn't come close to Slayer/Avenger.

Shadower is fine in the sense that they're viable, they just get outperformed by other thieves and other short-ranged classes
Pre-V they were balanced around the niche of having a very high damage cap, and therefore being very strong endgame, but now that every class's cap is 10b per line they're left in a bit of an awkward spot

>stepped on cactus
>spent better part of 9 hours picking needles out of my foot
>maplestory STILL ISN'T UP
god damn it all son of a bitch fucking HELL. I just wanted to maple. Is it so much to ask nexon? Can I just play the god damn game? fuck reboot, let those shitters deal with their own shitty servers, i'm fine playing on the """p2w""" servers.

is this game worth coming back to with 5th job? got a xenon how trash is this guy's 5th job

im seriously trusting you guys, gimme a (you) when the server is up so i can see it in my tabs.

literally within the bottom 10

wait a while for the maintenence to end and the 2x compensation to begin

the actual fifth jobs don't come in until the 15th

will i get better luck finding bossing groups if I make a girl character?

if you look really cute sure

fuck man hard to fund yet still trash fucking nexon

(You)

Soon brotha, we will get through this

nuck figgers
im going to sleep

I'll go to sleep with you.

love ya

you're going to miss the hour of 2x they give as compensation after the maintenance

someones optimistic...

Not like 5th job is available anyways, unless you still need to hit 200 or really want something from the events just come back in 2 weeks

guys i know stumpy is in gusty peak but i killed him once and he's gone now. when will he appear again?

also how do i sell things to other players? the auction place?

>guys i know stumpy is in gusty peak but i killed him once and he's gone now. when will he appear again?

check other channels or wait a few hours

Is that Absolab weapon even worth gunning for? I was planning to just keep running Commerci for Sweetwater. It just seems like way to huge of a time commitment in a short time frame.

Just play 4 hours a day while doing daily quests each hour and don't miss any due to maint. Don't forget the tip!

it doesn't feel any faster to level up desu

WHAT IS THE COMPENSATION FOR THIS DISASTER

2X FOR A FEW HOURS WHEN EVERYONES FUCKED OFF TO BED

yep

Compensation will be all-day 2x events, which won't mean jack shit because the servers run like they're using peanut butter as thermal paste.

on the topic, does the game lag like shit when you grind? i'm kind of hoping it isn't just my laptop, and just nexon's shitty game

its the game being shitty

Yeah. Especially if you're on Reboot it'll lag really bad until the rush of players subsides. Using pots and picking up items is especially slow.

So I made a Dual Blade for my burning character earlier today when the servers were up. I only got to 25 because of the lag.

How is Dual Blade as a class? Do they perform well? I think I'm gonna make a burning Luminous on Windia next. I can do multiple as long as they're on separate servers, yeah?

>tfw you know what doujin this is from

see, it's strange because i thought these issues were fixed with the halloween update

they're not the best for 5th job.

for the best 5th job you want mercedes, or that's about it really.

>THREE shadow partners

oh yeah? i'm testing your knowledge, what is it?

>tfw my extended weekend is wasted on Nexon's incompetence

Why didn't they find out about these bugs when they betatested the patch?

they did a betatest on the gms client :^)

Jikken Shimai | Experiment Sisters
It's futa incest

if they even do test new patches, the recent stream would imply their staff are completely incompetent and don't even understand how the game's supposed to work

>customer support has no idea what you're saying half the time
>Nexon's stream shows that even staff that "play" the game have no idea about how basic gameplay works
I'm sure they tried their best during beta testing. It's just... you know.

>Nexon's stream shows that even staff that "play" the game have no idea about how basic gameplay works
what happened

thats not a doujin, retard

all hentai comics are doujins to me

a dude tried to use MP potions to refill the kinesis's PP meter to use his ultimate

another dude(or possibly the same dude) didn't know how to activate luminous's equilibrium

which wouldn't be so bad but these guys were being paid to demo the fifth job skills and couldn't even do the basics of the characters

They were supposed to showcase all the 5th job skills, but they couldn't even figure out how to play half the classes well enough to use them at all
Kinesis for example, he didn't have enough PP to use their skill, and couldn't figure out how to get PP, so he chugged a bunch of blue pots, gave up, and moved on to the next class

2x is going to be so laggy

Even Reddit recognizes that this event for the Absolab weapon is utter bullshit. Glad I'm giving up on it because I spent the entire time the game was up today and still couldn't get the Fritos portal to spawn.

You can buy a ticket from the v shop. But it costs like 30 or something. Before the patch I was finding portals all the time, now I haven't seen once since. Though the game hasn't been on long enough to tell.

Did they draw winners for the MSpaint contest thing yet?

But there's no ticket for the Inferno thing. Seeing as I saw neither portal today, I'm just going to pretend this event doesn't exist and just wait until the 15th.

So were people actually able to login for a while or is it bullshit. Im seriously starting to lose my patience. The fact a big MMO like maple can go down for fucking 2 whole days during a patch is unacceptable.

It was on for like maybe 6 hours or so before it was brought back down again. But during those 6 hours the lag was beyond horrible, least for Reboot it was.

Is there an Intrinsic guild?

how bad was it?
was it like me trying to navigate through major towns with town lag on my chipset windows vista 2gig ram laptop

someone on reddit mentioned 5k ping

my personal experience was 3-5 second delays on every action

btw guys maplestory is still down

For me enemies would stay alive far past their deaths and using items and picking up loot was 3-5 seconds just like

servers up

edit:nvm

Thanks. I never would have found out otherwise.

Np trying to help out my fellow anons

>fellow anons

It's up bois

>doing math problems until late to entertain myself while listening music until the maint ends

Finally

youtube.com/watch?v=WXrdYwG17PE

yes

>Legends
Dead server.

son of a bitch
just as i'm beginning to do math problems myself

but yeah, server's up

>Reboot still down
Is there any specific reason why is always reboot thats like this?

Most populated server, they're increasing the server capacity for it, other servers don't need that.

probaby being so popular

can i burn a nonreboot character when i already have a reboot character burnt

Does auction house work yet? I crash when I try

When does Hero stop feeling slow to level with?

How to get into event hall without lagging like hell? There was only one player in there and the rest npcs.. This is like the horntail head rooms

Best place to bot on Reboot?

probably a map with a high burning that isn't on the path to anything important

>It still takes 15 seconds for anything to go through on Windia

some questions guys

>are the rides sold by Wave (V coin shop) permanent?
the sheep coco chair and gyrocopter. what's the difference? which one should i get?

>can I get enough V coins to get a the 200coin nose mount?
i have 105 coins now

>how do i sell things to other players in a market?
is it the auction shop? i don't wanna set up a physical shop and go afk, just put it in a market and pick up the money later.

>how do i get coins in the aisha village?
to buy the totem