/sg/ - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. General

>BugTrap, crash to desktop, freeze/lockup?? Find your crash log.
Check your Documents or game install directories for the xray_[your name].log file. If you can't find it, look in the location specified at the top of fsgame.ltx. Copy the last few lines from the log and paste them here if you want any help.

>Start guide, beginner tips, and much much more
pastebin.com/FUPEbLiv
>HUD guide, modding basics, mod reviews, and AMK mod guide
docs.google.com/document/d/10yi79NUFhJrFO4hmGeKqaWSw35BJQv0Ve0OK94ioMEw
>Why Complete is bad and you shouldn't play it
pastebin.com/6AtetpMM
>Performance Guides, Steam settings
pastebin.com/nzXEevG7

>The Zone Manual: Every Mod You'll Ever Need for the True Ukrainian Experience
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=121125400
>Pasta summaries, streamer listing and more
cheeki.violates.me/
>STALKER General Steam Group - Join chat and ask for an invite!
steamcommunity.com/groups/BroZone

Reminder that MS Update KB2670838 breaks your DX10/11 games including Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat. Here's a fix:
mega.nz/#!LAAXlaIZ!uVbJ-gsIPm8Sn2ydh7btI_3VK7Mfr41qoO2L6M7FZfQ

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.co.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A
mega.co.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw
mega.co.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
gist.github.com/v1ld/1b019056471abcec23c2efdd5d3ef6d8
gist.github.com/v1ld/786a2b61296273dac2fe5aeba858b1a7
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
mega.nz/#F!O0hSmBAT!0u8yH2lQc-7Q3-yN6phXhQ
bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI
mediafire.com/download/6644yv6xekn73rr/Codebro's 1.0008b Fix 1.zip
pastebin.com/CtQ7zfkA
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22
moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/addons/228
mediafire.com/?234m3x01bnyosan
ap-pro.ru/forum/119-88137-59#929964
youtube.com/watch?v=YTdXM2PxWaA
youtube.com/watch?v=VPAa08JFbOE&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=NInYTkAbr1E
youtube.com/watch?v=g4C86zWML-U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Mods and Repositories | Often out of date; use only as a last resort!

>Shadow of Chernobyl
mega.co.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A
>Clear Sky
mega.co.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw
>Call of Pripyat
mega.co.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A
>Game Repacks + Modding Tools
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
>Downgrading Patches (drag-and-drop)
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
>Unpacked Gamedata + GSC Backup HDD assets
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
>Old Builds (dated from June 1st, 2002)
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw

>Lost Alpha
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
>Oblivion Lost Remake
gist.github.com/v1ld/1b019056471abcec23c2efdd5d3ef6d8
>Joint Pak 2
gist.github.com/v1ld/786a2b61296273dac2fe5aeba858b1a7

>Call of Chernobyl
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
>Weapon Soup for CoC Repo
mega.nz/#F!O0hSmBAT!0u8yH2lQc-7Q3-yN6phXhQ
>Call of Chernobyl/Warfare Bitbucket repository
bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/
>Don't have Call of Pripyat but want to play Call of Chernobyl?
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI

>Codebro's 1.0008 Patch for SoC - enter "menu_fps_cap 0" in the console to prevent crashes.
mediafire.com/download/6644yv6xekn73rr/Codebro's 1.0008b Fix 1.zip
pastebin.com/CtQ7zfkA
>Xetrill's Modified LuaJIT for CS/CoP - improves performance, especially in script-heavy mods.
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22

Previous thread:

First for the death of Gardevoir!

Don't be rude to Gardevoir user, he's alright.

He inspired me to wreck Freedom's shit so hard in Clear Sky. By the end of the game Freedom have 70 soldiers while Duty numbers at 388.

Nothing has ever felt as good as this, also at one point Duty outnumbered Freedom by 30-1. At the end of the game Freedom is only outnumbered by 5-1.

3rd for cute gardevoirs

any ETA on misery 2.2?

how to make my CoCk look purdy
what mods and configs

haven't played since 2015 so brainwash me like a rookie

Graphics:
Autumnal Winds
S.W.T.C
Wolf model pack + mutant packs from moddb
HD Models pack

Gameplay:
All of DoctorX's addons (dynamic factions, factions, more mutants, questlines and desolation if you're into a more barren zone)
Full Simulation A-life
Corpses drop money

Weapon pack:
STCoP + itemsoup + STCoP increased weapon damage
Outfit Addon

HUD:
Smurths if you do proper merging
NanoCell inventory
Any of the HUDs on the repo

Misc:

RO2 deathbarks
No player mark on PDA
SoC ambient sounds
AO3 footsteps
Muffled PDA and geiger counter
Better flashlight from the CoC repo
Aesthetic menu
More fast travel locations (if you're into that)

That's all there is interesting for now really.

Thanks a lot bruv
I'll save this to a .txt for the next person who comes asking my question

Nth for WORMFOOD

moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/addons/228

why wasn't this mentioned before holy shit its glorious, works on CoC

>DoctorX more mutants and desolation
Desolation includes more mutants, use either more mutants or Desolation

>STCoP increased weapon damage
Ya blew it

becuase
it's meh tier

الله أكبر هو ميمي

Anyone wants to test this out?
mediafire.com/?234m3x01bnyosan

I imported some values from Alliracorp's Real Ballistics (aka STCoP damage rebalancer) for v5. I know jackshit about what most of the values stand for though. I only have some vague ideas like "k_impulse" being the force/impact, etc.

This is the original (for STCoP v3):
ap-pro.ru/forum/119-88137-59#929964

Monolith shouts are distinctive enough as is. It's funny, but is kinda repetitive and in poor quality.
Meme?

I forgot how many fucking nigger bandit cunt bydlo faggots you have to kill in Shadow of Chernobyl. Haven't replayed vanilla in a while, and holy fuck the little turgid cockwanks just keep fucking spawning whenever you go fucking ANYWHERE, endlessly. Also, artifacts out the fucking ass. Chugging can after can of energy drink is basically a requirement to get around when you are hauling 50kg of shiny rocks between stashes.

Also, this game is so fucking easy. The actual combat is as simple as right-click-left-click on enemies, because a couple of shots to the chest makes everyone stun/stumble for easy follow up headshots. You can just spring from cover to cover, occasionally stopping to pop people in the skull.

Yes, vanilla has always been easy.

I feel like that's how real life is, if they don't just drop from the first shot, but it goes both ways.

>play vanilla after years to get real ending
>at monolith control center
>0 medkits, 0 bandages, low on ammo, have skat-9 armor
>need to constantly hide and wait for heal to recover and camp very carefully to land headshots and carefully go loot dead bodies
>get to c-con
>platform jumper stage starts

Not that easy, tedious but so rewarding finally get real ending. Like bashing your balls with tiles but feeling good at the end

I had some trouble in the ending too.

I had to run for cover and stopped scanning for enemies for low ammo and medkits, I just ran and killed the most obvious ones. Shit was tense.

Why not build a stalker base in the eastern tunnel at Jupiter?

That place is huge, protected from emissions and easily defendable.

What tunnel? The one with the burers?

Yup, that one.

All you have to do is clear that place out once from the burers and maybe install some doors.

You got some trains in there, perfectly salvageable for spare parts or metal walls.

You'd have to clean up the place a lot to allow building a base, plus you have the underground on the other side of the tunnel which means that you'd have to defend it from Monolith guys as well. But yeah, it could work out.

Hey Yar!

How2improve the Zone?

After re-reading Roadside Picnic and re-watching the film, I've noticed how much of a fucking cakewalk the games are in comparison to what's described. CoCk only drives that home harder since you now have the entire Zone to run from end-to-end, and it's actually surprisingly easy to do so.

I understand that due to it being a game there are limitations as to what they could do without turning it into a ridiculously linear singleplayer game, but what we have currently feels like more of an amusement park, with lots of small pocket Zones off to the side where STALKERs can dive into to collect their goodies and then waltz back home to collect their reward.

>How2improve the Zone?
>
>After re-reading Roadside Picnic and re-watching the film

stopped there.

We can only hope that some savvy and motivated mapmaker makes a new area that's riddled with anomalies

Like very narrow paths through anomaly fields with maybe a Space shortcut or two

Only one entrance might sound safer but I think a getaway exit is necessary. If a wave of mutants or well equipped faggots show up, you're done.

>because a couple of shots to the chest makes everyone stun/stumble for easy follow up headshots

That works on the early enemies, but less so on the more armored military and Monolith.

Report Gardevoir ban evading and everyone associating with him, it might be evaders.
make sg cool again

Hello Merc!

>Report Gardevoir ban evading and everyone associating with him, it might be evaders.

i'm not banned, nerd

my attempt at mk18

I really hope that's not a fixed scope user.

I've recently finished CoP, while I immensely enjoyed I but I want a more harder game play experience.

Is the Misery mod any good for that? I've heard good and bad things about it, sadly most information on it in the OP is out of date.

Why do modders insist on adding edible mutant parts?

If the mutants are radioactive you're going to be dead after eating it, no amount of antirads will spare your insides from being shredded apart by radiation.

It's not like standing next to a radioactive truck where your skin and clothes will block all the worst particles, it's literally eating poison.

I know there are props of wild boar and flesh being cooked in the game, but that's because stalkers walked up to their kill and stuck a Geiger counter right on top of it to check whether or not it was edible.

>not pounding radiated flesh with a fifth of vodka
slalker pls

Never mind the all the meds but with mystical artifacts can can suck radiation out of bodies I don't think radiation is a huge concern really.

Because it's a game you moron. And some mods add radiation to the mutant meat.

What scientific basis is there for vodka killing off radiation?

The Russian Standard.

In the real exclusion Zone the authorities recommended people to use vodka as a folk medicine because vodka has iodine in it.

do you want to be worm food, stalker?

How do you know it dosn't?

Ever been radiated?

It was more about "making sure that people are brave and compliant" than actually removing radiation

The Liquidators were drunk as skunks while they shoveled radioactive shit

Did you not have food?

>want to visit Noah to get to the Plateau
>he is dead in his room with two dead cats next to him

lol

is faction wars buggy as fuck?
i want freeplay and faction wars sounds awesome but it's clear sky

also looking for more mods to try. i've played misery 2 quite a lot and i like it although i think it could use some balancing (especially with drugs)

i loved zone of alienation but it was too buggy to finish the whole game

>First CoP play through
>I unwittingly stumble near Noah's barge
>He shoots the door open with his shotty
>I instinctively gun him down in seconds from being startled, thinking that Noah was trying to kill me.

Please tell me I wasn't the only person to do that.

First playthrough. I personally didn't, but I was tempted to. NPCs kept saying that he was off his rocker but friendly to stalkers so I carefully aproached him

youtube.com/watch?v=YTdXM2PxWaA
When?

>shoot a m203 directly at a Mercs feet
>he dosn't die
>Dog bites into my ankle
>cykaaaa ....

Eyo who up rn smash that mfukin Diet Sausage stalkas who aint up can go jump into an anomly CTFU

it's got ups and downs.

It manages to have resource pressure in Stalker, which is rare. It's a pretty heavy-handed way, but i like the fact that i need to grind for money/supplies in early/mid game.

Gunplay is fine, guns don't look good, even TAZ isn't too great(better than the normal weapons, though).

Shit ton of new misc. items(food, drugs, meds, and repair items). some people think it adds too much clutter but i kinda like it.

Artifacts are pretty weak now, they're heavy as fuck since you have to put them in a container to use/carry them safely, so i never use them. There are items to put in those slots, now.
That just highlights my issues with the stamina system in general, i always bump up regen/sprint speed in the files.

I can imagine that cars suck in the zone, but dirt bikes when? (Inb4 Taurus 2M)

You piss/sweat off the radiation. It's very science-y.
I did the same but I reloaded once I saw his "unique" name.
I'm picturing some x-moto tier controls.

Could you perhaps share your merged Smurths hud? :^)

How do I disable the shitty depth of field when aiming down sights in CoC? it could be part of a mod, but the authors of the mods I use say they don't change anything DOF related
I'm not fucking myopic and this is driving me insane

Turn off DoF in video options...

You must be some kind of special retard senpai

So, I downloaded the Call of Chernobyl mod from the website thing, do I need to copy any files from any of my games to make it work?
and if so, do I need to put said files in a specific place for the mod to work?

1. install smurths hud
2. install weapon mod
3. install itemsoup
4. ????
5. kill yourself

I'm actually planning on doing that later this evening. Just wanted to play some itemsoup with smurths mod ;)

nope

I know
It's not there

What configs do I need to edit

what DX are you using? If you have it below like 9 or 10 it's not there

RIP

youtube.com/watch?v=VPAa08JFbOE&feature=youtu.be

Delet

youtube.com/watch?v=NInYTkAbr1E

hope it was like this in stalker

Download Gunslinger

>hope
wish*

What are some decent places to hunt artifacts in CoC?

Anomalies

I find nothing in them, even after emissions.

s-sauce

go for you home you son of pitch

Get a better detector

u saying wat u son of basterd bich?

It's not a guarantee that artifacts spawn after an emission. Further, NPCs have a habit of collecting artifacts for themselves. So you want to be quick after an emission to have the best chance.

I believe the way A-life works is that all of the NPC generation/simulation is in not only running in the current map but all adjacent ones. I don't know for certain, and certainly haven't done any testing, but NPCs in surrounding maps could be picking up artifacts as well.

Try quickly traveling to a map not adjacent to your current map. You might have more luck there because the NPCs wouldn't have had as much time to wander past anomalies.

I don't understand. They went through all the trouble of making this nice video, and... never posted it? Were they too embarrassed to because they already knew at the time that the mod was going nowhere?

So I got around to messing with the scope config files but I still can't figure out why the overlay is being distorted.

SUCK DICK IN PETROLIUM

Can you stealth steal the Merc's info in CoP without killing anybody? I found a way in but there are guards near the thing

Also quickloading still makes noise but not as much as SoC so I'm thankful for that

It doesn't make sense how they could just up and "forget" about posting it

It's too tame. They don't even shout, and from what I saw in those videos the, only time they even say "Allahu akbar" is when they throw grenades.

I wish it was more like this: youtube.com/watch?v=g4C86zWML-U

How do I upgrade a pirate SoC copy to 1.005?

that mod made insurgency a 10/10

>pirate SoC copy

you must be new here

What do I need to do to get OGSE to run at a constant 60 fps on a 1070? Or does it inherit its poor performance of SoC?

Installed CoP for the first time in ages with a brand new rig

I'm a bit out of date with the essential mods for it. Can someone post an image or just give me reccomendations?

Absolute nature 4
Atmosfear 3
Arsenal Overhaul 3
Original Weapons Renewal
Massive Simulation Overhaul

Behead all those who insult Garde

Kill yourself

Is it better to play at a low res with shadows on or a high res with shadows off

Anyhow knows how to fix this annoying hud glitch? I can't find anything about it. It happens only in DirectX 10 and 11 mode.
Im Using Atmosfear and Absolute Nature.
This glitch still happens even when I switch to nanohud.

finished the 1p29. I decided to not mess around with the config files and just adjust the overlays so they get stretched into the correct shape.