Is the 90's Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 one of the most underrated and hidden gems in the sports car scene?

Is the 90's Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 one of the most underrated and hidden gems in the sports car scene?

This car was so ahead of its time and even today these things kick ass and are so easily tuneable. I am desperatley wanting one and am so close to getting the money to find one in great condition (if possible) and making it my own.

>styling is very pleasing
>interior electronics were very advanced for the time
>manual
>300 - 320HP depending on the model
>4WD

Honestly, what flaw is there to this car? It's fucking beautiful and I want one now.

try fixing it

>what flaw is there to this car

Literally everything but how it looks and which wheels get the power

Isn't this the thing that's a Dodge Stealth?
Are the engine bays equally fucking insane?

>heavy
>repairing the "advanced electronics" is a bitch and a half
>all the downsides of a 90's Jap sports car, sans the modding abundance due to it's rarity

>styling is very pleasing
Not for those of us blessed with the gift of eyesight.
Which means they're crude for the present time if they're still working. And that's a big IF.

I agree with the rest of the points though but it's far from being underrated and/or a hidden gem.

Try giving one an alignment. You'll change your tune.

They tend to, uh, not work.

I like how OP doesn't reply to any of the honest answers, obvious shitpost

Yes, a Dodge Stealth is a rebranded 3000GT, except the regular Stealth is an SOHC and the 3000GT is a DOHC. Both are FWD, but the VR4 (aka the GTO in Japan and the Stealth R/T Twin Turbo under Dodge), of course, has AWD.

Great car on paper, but typical Mitsu trash when it comes time for repairs, and it WILL.

>VR4
>Hidden gem

enjoy your money pit

>It's fucking beautiful and I want one now.

Yeah and I want an Espirit V8 Twin Turbo but that doesn't make it a good fucking idea

Good friend of mine has had a low mileage TT Stealth. They're not as fast or as fun as you would think anymore. I'd guess something in the low 14's with like a 6 second 0-60.

It's the definition of a money pit. He bought it when we were in high school, so late 90's and it's sat in his garage since probably 05 or 06. Cost of maintenance from the parts to just the difficulty to work on it is just too high. The amount of times he's had turbo issues was bordering on epidemic.

Now he drives a mid 80's Mustang ragtop with a 5.0 swap. It's fucking white bread in comparison but more enjoyable to drive in almost every way, most importantly it starts every fucking time. Which is more than could be said for the Stealth when it was on the road.

Calling bullshit.

These cars were expensive as fuck. There's no way your "friend" in high school could have afforded a low mileage turbo stealth in the 90's. On the low end they would have been $20k.

looks like a gt4 celica

The 3000GT can run low 5's and high 4's stock depending on the year and model. Also 320HP is plenty of HP. I'm not sure why a lot of people on this bored think that anything that isn't atleast 450HP or more isn't powerful.

A well taken care of stock 3000GT could rinse roughly 80% of the cars on the road to this day except for modern sports cars.

Maybe the kid had Daddys money lol

I knew someone that had a new 370z nismo in high school, that being said, he's the richest person I know.

Agreed I personally drive a stock 05 wrx and its plenty power for normal driving conditions, especially coming from a toyota corolla lol

And an FD could blow almost every new car out of the water today in the corners, up to and including most modern sportscars

I wasn't 20k. It's 5am here and his ass is probably sleeping so I'm not sending a text asking for pics or confirmation of price. 12-15 range sounds more familiar.

Before his father passed he was a Veterinarian that did mostly on call work for local dairy farms and shit. Money wasn't exactly a problem for them.

Why would I need to reply to them, they are valid criticisms and points, I was wanting to see what people thought about it and I got just that.

Yeah, they're heavy, complicated and expensive for anything. Nice cars, but pretty much outclassed by a huge number of cars.