pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Scott King Jundifer will save this general

Chillin.

First for BB is a Souls game

I never played online so SM never effected me as bad as I guess other people for Dark Souls II.
Because of this I didn't find it as bad as people claimed it was.

I admit the concept is bad and was not worth putting in the game, but it just never affected me or my playthrough the games

So was Pinwheel actually a whole family sewed together or what? Why is From so lazy at writing?

>playing any souls game offline
>voicing your opinion about the quality of the game

why are people doing this? and for ds2 too, a game inherently broken

SM isn't as bad as people say but that's because people say it's literally Satan Hitler. It's pretty bad but a lot of the hate is just because of how obviously bad it is and wondering how it ever got through to the finished product. In practie it's mostly an inconvenience since at the highest tiers the gap is so huge you can go ages without moving up. Even today, you can get summons or invasions at any level without using the shitty agape ring.

Because the games are designed with PvE first and foremost, PvP is an unbalanced afterthought added to artificially extend it's lifespan.

What ADP did for a lot of people was make dodging a very difficult option in the early game, which resulted in a lot of "HITBOXES" webms being made. While DaS and DeS had similar issues, they weren't as exaggerated because in previous games, only fatroll had 1/6th a second of invincibility frames, while in DaS2 people started out with that much, and on top of that there were a lot of attacks that were slow as hell and had lingering hitboxes that were simply longer than people could dodge for. While I agree that ADP should play a role in the player's ability to dodge, DaS2 did it too hard. It should have gave extra frames to each tier of rolling rather than define your i-frames, plus some other utilities like reducing fall damage.

And then in DaS3, they overcorrected the issue with ADP by making everyone have 100 agility by default up to 70% equip load with no gradual debuffs related to equip load.

let me fix that for you hun:

"BB is one of the many king's field inspired ARPGs"

Pinwheel is a literal joke boss. There's a thing in Japan where multiple people go under a sheet and one person is the 'head', the other the right hand and the third person the left hand or something and the japanese name for the boss is a reference to whatever that practise is.

They sure made him creepy looking for that joke. His music is disturbing too for the tiny amount of time you hear it before you push his shit in.

>Posting tits on a blue board

Official rankings:
BB=DaS>Das2>Das3

>kreggan route doesn't rely on duping
>sanzto's route does

kreggan still legitimate WR

BB=>1 > 3 > Demon's > 2

DeS > DaS > DaS 2 > BB > DaS 3
Pretty much like the games based on release order funnily enough.

BB/DaS3 didn't feel like souls games, but I still like them nonetheless, just less thought based and more twitch reaction/mashy based kinda like Dynasty Warriors

All of the game discs are of equal size, I don't see how any of them are bigger than another.

nth for Giant Daddies

Reminder that Blooddrones are tsundere for us

>ADP is fine, I never understood the issues with it.
If you aren't baiting, this are the issues. the idea is just retarded. it fucked all hitboxes when you have low adp, specially the grabbing ones, and your character starts at low adp.
But even without adp the hitboxes are really bad anyway in ds2 anyway.

>DaS2 makes game where you have to time dodges unless you put points into a stat that makes game easier
>people cry
>DaS3 makes game where you have fully invincible rolls that cost 5% stamina
>people cry

When is From Software going to give up?

>have to actually work for several hours doing some end of the year filing and getting shit ready for the ramp up after new years
>come back to cath up just to see 200 replies of people flinging shit at each other about literally the entire soulsborne franchise
>not even 5 posts in and niggers are already back at it again

just.. just let it be

Reminder that some BBfriend is prentending to be an anti-BB poster to fish for replies for some gay collage image.

>DaS 2 being better than BB
the fuck you on about m8

This is probably the poorest example you could ever posted

1.) it's a grab attack, which EVERY game has problems with in regards to hitboxes, even BB.
2.)The player dodged too early and was clipped in the leg. Grab attacks ALWAYS teleport you to play the animation in ALL the games if you're hit by it.

Your webm has nothing in relation to ADP.

i wanted to play that KF games, but it's so fucking slow... it runs at like 10 fps even on emulators, because its made to be slow.

>had bb on the list
>no des on the list

thats cause bb isn't a souls game and ds3 took too much influence from bb

PvP is how Souls got popular.
Even though it follows the same design philosophies like it's predescessor, KF was never that popular.
The unique way souls has coop and invasions is why we're here now

>the skulls

how have I never noticed that before

You don't get teleported like that in other souls games.
>b-but there's that one boss in ds1 with a bad hitbox
don't excuse everything in ds2 having awful hitboxes

>ywn get a redone Pinwheel fight in a maze-like area where the fight could go on longer than 30 seconds.

Imagine how cool the Pinwheel fight would be in drained New Londo Ruins.

You absolutely do, you should probably play the games before opening your mouth.

BB has the best overall level andmonster design and PVE. People who argue otherwise have not played it. Only flaw is not enough SKL weapons.

>>>/bbg/

>BB has the best overall level andmonster design and PVE
You're baiting or retarded.
t. shitposter
Every grab in all the games work that way, even BB with Winter Lanterns grabs

The Pursuer webm is edited though.
The sword indeed has some interesting hitboxes but that wemb is utter bs.

literally just finished a run and I never experienced anything that bad.

yes, sometimes i felt like I dodged a grab and still got snatched. NEVER though, did i move completely behind an enemy and get teleported 10 feet to where I was 5 seconds ago as if i was pvping with some australian playing from the Maccas wifi

anecdotes dont prove shit, lets see some fucking rediculous das1 teleportation grabs like

DaS2 actually has good hitboxes outside of one or two stray examples like Fume Knight's thrust.
What's fucked is that rolling has a lingering hitbox behind the player, so if you roll with low Agility you can get hit from where you were, as if you were playing online. The same enemy attack could miss you very precisely if you just sprinted instead of rolling.

Same, regret buying the PS4. I even tried my hardest to artificially make BB enjoyable. I made many different routes to play the game utilizing chalice dungeons, but outside the old hunters there really isn't anything that game has to offer me. Occasionally I'll get an itch to play the game, in which case I'll do Papa G/BSB -> Chalice for Uncanny saw and pretty powerful gems that will last me until Hamlet gems -> Amelia -> +9 weapon -> DLC and then stop playing without ever touching Shadows or Rom. Nothing in that game seems appealing for me, but it's probably just the overall aesthetic. Every zone looks the same (except DLC) and there's not much mob variety you got crazed villager, or monstrosity made up of a billion limbs or eyes. Couldn't find any weapon as fun as the cleaver and steak driver.

I ended up buying DS3 for PS4 to justify my console, but even that game was worse. Well, at least Nioh looks promising. Maybe my $400 paperweight will be good for something then

>You're baiting or retarded
Not him but how can you be so upset at somebody's opinion? While I haven't played BB, if he's saying that the PvE in that game was the best, it's clearly a subjective opinion.

>i-it's okay because it also happened on the other games, even thought it wasn't as bad as in ds2!
there's no enemy in all other souls games and bb that teleport you when you are behind them like the mimics for example.

t. didn't played dark souls 2
this happened to me countless times when playing.

>NEVER though, did i move completely behind an enemy and get teleported 10 feet to where I was 5 seconds ago as if i was pvping with some australian playing from the Maccas wifi
That's just how the game handles grabs and backstabs, because these are static animations that involve two creatures. One of them is the anchor point (in this case, the one doing the grabbing/backstabbing) and the other is moved to compensate so the animation lines up.
An alternative would be for the Pursuer to teleport to where you are. Would that feel any less bullshit?
A third alternative would be Demon's Souls style where backstabbing someone has you attacking thin air and them falling over for no visual reason. I forget if DeS had PvE grab attacks other than Allant.

In both dks 1 and 3, if you get hit by a grab attack but it either isn't a direct hit or you're just a bit out of range the grab will just stagger you and deal 10-15 damage. You can test it against dks 1's dark hand R2 and dks 3's sulyvahn stabs. BB is the same aside from the huge radius on the brain doll's grabs.

Yes, all games have moments and particular grabs that are pretty iffy, but DaS2 has multiple hitboxes and grab hitboxes that are fucking ridiculous. is fucking stupid, 1, 3, and BB don't have grabs that retarded even if visually the player is outside the actual grab model when it happens.

Plus mentions, having low ADP makes your hit box linger in the most idiotic way that just creates a lot of misleading visuals

Penetrator had a grab attack.

no Im saying that its utterly bullshit. Im just providing another anecdote saying that the das1 experience didnt hit me with bullshit like that, ever.

some yes, but all I was doing was putting the burden of proof on to anyone that can show me pve bullshit that bad in das1

if its there, maybe outside of the golem who I think has the wonkiest fucking grab, I havent seen it

why do people hack their characters stats way above their sl/sm instead of enabling god mode? If you are not gonna fight fair why stop at higher stats. Just curse my shit up sempai.

It's been a few years now and this still somehow isn't common knowledge.

Top is what people think happens.
Bottom is what actually happens.

Both are fucked, but for different reasons.

also

Why is the dragon titfucking himself with the Estus flask?

>putting the burden of proof on to anyone that can show me pve bullshit that bad in das1
So did you never fight Super Ornstein or what

Why do almost no players use multiple weapons?

I have 3 weapons equipped with different play styles so I can not only have more fun but mix things up to win.

is that dark souls 1? Im trying to make a point that the predecessor did it better

While Im at it though, outside of the fact that that is funny as shit, das3 did it better too

I want Adapatability and Resistance to return and work decently.

>RES adds natural defense and a poise multiplier for HA attacks. Most attacks are given some miniscule amount of poise, and high RES allows it to be used.
>ADP adds i-frames onto already existing roll i-frames, just makes them easier rather than requiring them for rolling decently by the majority of players, as well as reducing fall damage and how fast you use items, switch weapons, and such.
>Armor now affects how much stamina is consumed when rolling. It also has a damage threshold, where attacks lower than the combined damage threshold deal greatly reduced damage. These both have scaling with RES and ADP. RES increases the defense and the damage threshold, ADP reduces the roll stamina debuff.
>An ADP heavy armor build would be rolling as much as a lightly armored one, while light armor's debuff would effectively be negated
>A RES heavy armor build would bring throwing knives and longswords back to DaS1 damage and make the scariest weapons less absolutely horrifying, while a lightly armored build would not melt in the face of very powerful attacks

By having relevant stats other than VIG, END, STR, and DEX, pure STR and pure DEX damage builds become viable again as they now have something to give themselves some other utility that Quality builds can't have; armor utility. They will still do a shitload of damage, but it will be more geared toward being mid-light weight, like a Claymore or Longsword using Elite Knight.

That'd add even more inbalanced mess than solve anything.

Because people optimize their protection from armor so that they get max absorbtion and hit 70% equip load exactly.

actually did on my very last playthrough. I was literally able to walk around his legs while he was trying to grab me and never got snagged. Which surprised me too to be honest, but I actually have a harder time with super smough

never played bb so I dont actually know what the fuck is going on here

H-he's fast!

>yes, sometimes i felt like I dodged a grab and still got snatched. NEVER though, did i move completely behind an enemy and get teleported 10 feet to where I was 5 seconds ago as if i was pvping with some australian playing from the Maccas wifi
What's the difference? If the positional reset doesn't put you over a bottomless pit or anything, it's just an irrelevant visual difference.
Is it just a matter of "feeling" worse?

Because hardswapping is plain superior

>this are the issues.

Because DaS2 and DaS3 added a third weapon slot and I hate the console-cancer "cycling" of weapons as opposed to the binary toggle of DeS and DaS1. I do use two per hand but deliberately keep the third one empty.

ds1 add some things but it's basically the same thing. It didn't really felt weird to me to play des. The only weird thing is that the character felt weightless, specially when he was falling, it was like slow motion or low gravity.

I've played DS2 with low adp and never seen anything like that webm. Maybe it got better in patches?

They're very different games despite being in the same genre. I like DaS 2 a lot better than BB but it could easily be argued that BB is a better product. Tastes and all that

Demon's Souls actually takes place on the moon. Deepest lore.

DS3, Changing your name with a cheat engine will give you a soft ban?

Ds3>ds1>ds2
Nostalgiafags need to fuck off and realize ds1 is an unbalanced mess.

I don't know , maybe you are just lucky. It happened all the time with me, even on soft.

BB>DaS1=DaS2>DaS3>>>DeS

Unbalance creates depth
I'd rather have depth that adds to replay value than a boring lifeless piece of shit

how are you people getting this shit to happen? Never seen crap like this in any game in the series except in online PVP.

Where do you people get so many webms of these game's hitboxes? Do you go and keep trying to record them or what?

>ds1 add some things but it's basically the same thing.

DS1 completely changed the healing system, the summoning system, the checkpoint system, and created multiple movesets within weapon classes. IIRC at best DeS would give a weapon from one class the moveset from another class. DS1 also added poise.

Inability to climb waist-high walls aside, DS1 made some huge gameplay improvements over DeS.

>DS3
>not an unbalanced mess
*dodge rolls behind u*
Nothin personnel...kid
*r1 spams straightsword and kills u in stunlck*

BUT BUT ONLY DAS 2 DOES THIS!!!!

>people keep going on about how "all" hitboxes in DaS2 are fucked
>only ever post Pursuer (player roll hitbox is fucked here, not the grab hitbox) and Mimic (actual case of poorly done hitbox because the entire physical model of the chest and its immediate surroundings activate during the lunge), with occasional Fume Knight thrust webm

So two enemies, Mimics and Fume Knight. That's "all" of them? Other enemies can be dodged just fine by either increasing Agility to counteract the lingering player roll hitbox or just sprinting out of the way because no Souls game actually requires rolling.

Play the games and/or browse long enough and you'll see plenty of janky shit.

You forgot the club giants.

Even as a fan of DS2 I find them atrocious.

>Play the games and/or browse long enough and you'll see plenty of janky shit.
If it takes a long time to happen then it's an edge case and not a serious issue.

Bloodborne is a souls game.

Bloodborne is the best implementation of the souls formula and is the highest production quality From Software game ever made.

Souls games are closer to Armored Core and Legend of Zelda (in terms of style and mechanics) than they ever were to King's Field.

Souls Games have awful multiplayer, and were never designed for PvP in the first place.
Just layin' down some hard truth for you all here.

The fucking Hippos with their grab were also pretty annoying.

nah

Is there anywhere I can get PC Dark Souls 3 for under £20?

This post gave me PTSD

nah

Because the circlejerk is about hating on dark souls 2 you dummy. You should probably lurk more and understand our culture before posting.

Also, souls is closer to Frame Gride than King's Field, too. And Frame Gride was just a combination of King's Field and Armored Core.

Oh right, the 2club giants also had legitimate fucked hitboxes. They don't ever get posted as an example for some reason though.
Sure, but their grab hitbox was fine if you don't fall for the lingering roll hitbox ruse. The fucked thing about their grab was the damage and bleed.

Don't you just love the enemy grunt leaving bloodsplatter on the floor but no hit actually registering?

des healing system would not work in ds1, but estus would not work in des either, since the levels in des are bigger and more difficult, and have less checkpoints(unless you start with 20 estus or something).

On the top of that, if you are at 50% hp without the cling ring, you will be one shot by many things.

Estus is a good system because it makes you want to be at low health to use it, what is risky, but it would not be effective in des outside bosses.

>the summoning system
only thing that changed is that you need to be human now, and that you can summon npcs.
I liked it way more in des where you would be with the real npcs and not with their summons, that can't even speak, and there is no consequence if they die, so they are very shitty compared to having the real guy near you.

>the checkpoint system
I like des checkpoint system more. You could rest in the bonfires in das, but there was not really a comfy safe place to rest like the nexus(i'm talking about you resting, not the character).

>and created multiple movesets within weapon classes
>DS1 also added poise.
yeah these things were good.

>only das 2 has bad hitboxes
>people post bad hitboxes for all the games

I wish I had a reaction image to how hilarious this is