/nosg/ - Nostalrius General

Everyone is waiting for nost2.0 which will be hosted by Valkyrie. We're currently waiting on server release.
>When is the release?
In roughly 2 weeks for Old PvP and 3-4 weeks for Fresh PvP.

An announcement has been made on the valkyrie forums.
>OLD NOST PVP (Name: Nostalrius PVP)
will be released in a month. This has all your old level 60 chars for nostalgias sake.
>NEW NOST PVP (Name: Elysium PVP)
Brand new server, will be released 3 weeks after old nost.WE WILL BE ROLLING ON THIS SERVER !!!
>what faction are we rolling?

The Horde guild will be
The Alliance guild will be

----------------------------------------

>Leveling Guide
docs.google.com/document/d/1-Z2vplxWZACKmCpw1B8vexKQ2vwjRqFRjcJhHjAxxJg/edit
>Nos Pre-Bis
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1j81TgG0p_HrYKajiUiQfYIoSUx1culzy2u_Fc4wtiS8/edit#gid=329725463
>Leveling Specs
imgur.com/a/aNm8V#0
>Big Addon Pack
wow-one.com/forum/topic/3573-vanilla-112-addons-download/

tags: nosg krog wpsg elyg vag wowg world of warcraft

Old:

Other urls found in this thread:

wow-one.com/forum/topic/81946-moonkin-naxx-raider-1115-amalogsetc/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

NO FRESH SERVER TILL FEBRUARY 2017

Come home white man

Are those trannies going to roll on salty dogs?

pom pyro is a meme spec

nelfs are pretty cool both lore and aesthetic wise

no, we're going ally in Merove's guild
t. Samfu

>Salty Dogs

Why would girls want to play with literal underage aspies lmao?

Aesthetic wise yeah they at least try to be original-looking elves.

Lore wise they're fucking dumbasses

>they're fucking dumbasses
Eh, maybe. But they're at least interesting. Like the protoss in SC1. Remember how angry you got at them for being complete fucking idiots? You still felt something for them, there was an emotional engagement that is hard to find anymore.

Why doesn't Blizzard remove Undead and introduce Ogres.

Ogre mage is by far the most hard ass race/class you could possibly have in a video game.

>install other old games to help tide me over during the wait
>diablo 2
>get a hardcore javazon to hell on the first try, keeping the one rogue scout merc I got for free from act 1 normal
>play it really sleepy last night and die to a lightning enchanted Coldworm the fucking Burrower because her hitbox is so goddamned gigantic I kept autoattacking it when I wanted to run away

convince me to stay alive lads

Don't make me say it

Puddi! :3

>they're at least interesting
>MUH CUPRRUPTION MUH TREES AND NATURE DUDE PURPLE LMAO
>interesting

on the original nostalrius, which class had the most amount of bugs? least?

sigh

Fear! Corruption! Your eyeballs are leaking through your nose m8, your flesh is literally melting. You fucked now boy.

Why is puddi so cute?

SAY IT

>manish trannies
>girls
Lmao

Orc or UD warlock? Is hardiness broken, does it proc often?

I agree, but i also just really like ogres.
I feel like WoD would have been the perfect time to add them if they were ever going to, but then again a lot of the ogre stuff got cut anyhow.
I loved being an idiot ogre in EQ and EQ2 (the brief bit i played it).

Post Puddi!

Is diablo2 fun?
You guys will probably make fun of me but i never played d1 or d2, and d3 only barely. I played war1 and war2 but never war3.
should i kill myself?

>remove best and most interesting horde race and race in general
Kys

Yes

I rolled Night Elf hunter like an idiot and now I'm blinded!

How will you ever play W3 and D2 if you're dead, you fucking mongoloid?

Sorry, but while you were waving your arms around like an idiot pretend wizard someone shot you in the face with a real gun!

I have a crush on Puddi, /nosg/. Wat do?

I'm not sure about most or least, all classes had a few that were noticeable. Paladins at least had some bugs that were helpful, like seal of the crusader and consecration.

One of my favourite games of all time.
Might not be the best of its class in terms of gameplay, and it's very easy to screw your character over through dumb skill/attribute choices, but it's part of the journey

OST and atmosphere are toppest of notches. Remember to play in windowed mode (-w in the shortcut target) and that PlugY only works on 1.13c

most pc clients don't have the cutscenes for some reason so you gotta watch them somewhere else.

Not really. They're shit in both categories.

>original
>literally drow elves

Lol

benis in boipucci :DDD

reevaluate life

Grud(e) here.
Druids are fucking terrible, only a brain-damaged retard would play one, they literally offer NOTHING. A Priest/Paladin are better healers, Feral Tank or DPS is a complete joke. Balance is even more so, literally the most non-viable spec in Vanilla.

Stop hyping up druids retards, I don't want to see a ton of shitter normies playing my class and taking my loot.

Don't worry, everyone's playing warlock.

How are they drow? I always thought blood elves, at least before they redeem themselves at the end of tbc, were closer to the drow archetype than nelves. The only thing nightelves had in common with drow was similar skin complexion.

PUDDI
U
D
D
I

Warcraft 3 is nothing like Warcraft 2 so it's pretty shit gameplay wise but some people like the Warcraft universe LOL. Also Diablo 2 was only good because it was online. D1 is dank as hell though, at least play through it once.

>Warcraft 3 is nothing like Warcraft 2 so it's pretty shit gameplay wise

you know who likes salty dogs?

chinks

If you want to enjoy druids play Legion every spec they have is beyond broken overpowered

Why do they need to announce a release date for the announcement of a release date

I will try d1 and d2, thanks guys. I'll start one of them later tonight.
I loved war1 and war2, the brief bit i remember watching friends play of warcraft 3 was being annoyed on how focused on heroes it was - but i just never really looked into it past that since i was busy with school and exams, etc.
A lot of people i know swear frozen throne was one of the funnest things they've played, and most of them quit WoW after wrath as it "completed the story" for them, for whatever that's worth.

I'd really like to play classic eq again but the models and animations really jerk my chain. Everything else seems great by the graphics feel older than they actually are.

>SATAN GUIDE MY COCK

the ultimately cute shitposter

Yeah, it's very jarring. Somehow in my memory it doesn't look as bad as it does. I've tried fucking with uh, i forget whatever the EQemu is called, and it's pretty neato but holy shit is it ugly. The worst is how claustrophobic the game feels to me due to draw distance and all that even once you get used to the ugliness.
If i was replaying it with buddies i'd give it a real shot but just alone i didn't feel very motivated to give a fuck.

Ok, just another thing (((content creators))) lied to me about

>tfw all the good warcraft fanart only got made during vanilla/tbc
>tfw even the fanart became shit when wow became shit

Do they still put fanart in the games?

The last time I remember it happening was during cata but that's it

>that halfassed anime gnome

It took a while for me to figure out that this rotting skull is not a part of tauren gear but undead rogue
artist really overdone it lol

Why are taurens always depicted as using these fuckhuge totem poles as weapons, but they never actually get to use them?

Vanilla and TBC were such amazing RPG's man. Everything was so new, and I don't just mean the game. The environments were all so radically different and fresh.

You would go from exploring so many different zones ranging from a vast desert to a charred land filled with volcanoes. Then with TBC you literally go to outer fucking space to slay demon lords and tame netherwing fucking dragons.

from then on the new expansions and areas just seemed so bland in comparison. WoD/Legion in particular were the most boring zones I think they've ever had. Not once did you go somewhere and see something that made you think "holy fucking shit that's insane".

We need the original source for vanilla/TBC to be made open source by blizzard so people can create their own expansions for the game that are actually good.

What is the official undisputed powerranking of character customization choices, in terms of beards, horns, piercings, hair color, hair style, skin color, etc?

I believe undead males have the most customization options out of any race/sex. The sexes do have quite a difference in the amount of options as well.

Female tauren has virtually none, whereas undead male has a shit-ton.

I think trolls have quite a bit as well.

id argue even wotlk was like that, even if the expansion was bad in many other ways, the zones in northrend were fucking beautiful.

Post you're project management degree then turbonerd

>ever picking anything that isn't male orc with retard face
i honestly don't even understand most of you people.

>you're project management degree
>turbonerd
I fucking hate this place.

Rapeface Male Dwarf > down syndrome Male Orc jawless male undead > angry male gnome > ugly femdeads > shit > anything else

All of the xpacs have had beautiful zones. I hated the artstyle for MoP but it still looked great. Same for WoD and Legion even if they're bland in comparison to tbc/wrath.
It sucks that the overall experience has suffered but the entire package has become much more slick and polished.

Try to leave then megadweeb

disgusting

Mop looks good but it was by far the worst offender for having everything look like claymation.

Blizzard started to forget what actual metal, wood, stone, fur and so on textures are actually supposed to look like around WotLK, but shit really didn't start to look like fucking wallace and gromit until MoP. Thankfully they dialed it back afterwards.

>but shit really didn't start to look like fucking wallace and gromit until MoP
I think a lot of that is keeping things "stylized" so that it still looks neato as time goes on, avoiding how shitty "realistic" art looks years afterwards. But that is a good point, MoP was really bad about that shit.

Probably. Stylisation pretty much always ages better.

Personally though I always really enjoy that early 00's attempts at photo realism in PC games. Something about photo-realistic textures that aren't QUITE high res enough on models that are still pretty blocky is just really quaint, I find.

Can't sell games like this on "quaint" though that's for sure.

stop posting whenever

>>When is the release?
>In roughly 2 weeks for Old PvP and 3-4 weeks for Fresh PvP.
>An announcement has been made on the valkyrie forums.

Stop memeing, you sick fuck.

I don't really mind if things look stylized, but the models themselves just don't inspire anything in me. Taurens were fucking huge in WC3, trolls were limber but could be extremely buff, orcs weren't hunchbacks.
It would've been great if the game shipped with height and muscle sliders, bonus if there was a slider to alter posture.

Just finished shaving my butt, did I missed anything interesting?

so the OP says the full re-release is in 2 weeks, but the fucking very sentence below it says in a month

it also doesnt say anything about the pvp stress test on sunday

update this shit you fucking niggers

you haven't missed much in the 3 hours that took, no

fucking incredible, I can't believe that we have to wait 2.5 billion years for the Nostalrius reopening

I WANNAAAAA PWAYYYYYY

I WANNA PLAY I WANNA PLAY I WANNA PLAY

Jesus this general is in the top 5 of worst threads in Veeky Forums

I miss .

It was the only successful /nos/ guild.

>all we do with our new opposable thumbs is spam jump while we get frostbolted

nice

I'm sure you all know undead warrior lvl 10 class quest which requires you to kill dude inside of crypt.
On nostalrius that door he's hiding behind could be open with simple click and didn't had glowing skull animation on it. Quest mob didn't had horse.
On kronos it has glowing skull animation and you can't open it unless you have class quest to kill that dude inside. Quest mob is riding a horse.

Which server got it right i.e like it was back in 1.12.1?

>riding a horse inside of a crypt
>burying your horse with you

Kronos had more quests scripted correctly compared to Nost, I have to give them that.
Nost quests mostly worked but were not accurate representations of Vanilla in any way.

i saw a boomkin in zul gurub
can i roll a boomkin and raid zul gurub

can someone explain why no one is on Kronos 2? there's zero chinese, easy to find 5 mans and pug MC/ZG, always WSG going and AV/AB on weekends

Sure, nothing is stopping you.
Follow your dreams.

>playing on a meme server

wow-one.com/forum/topic/81946-moonkin-naxx-raider-1115-amalogsetc/

funserver with tbc features and shop

>want to play Mage
>roll Druid
>hey can I play Mage as Druid

Autism.

Nice try nihilum your server is dead and chars are worthless now

>tfw you tried to warn all the Kronos players here days before the Nost annoucement to sell their characters ASAP
>tfw they didn't listen and are now sitting on worthless pixels

Based Klimpy

Nobody wants to play on your Chink infested corrupt GM server lol. See you in a couple months when the Nost hype dies down and everyone comes back to Kronos.

Haha Nost is months away everyone will keep playing on Kronos while they wait for Nostalrius!

nihilum faglords won't last on nostalrius because their "humor" derives from lazy racism and rehashed memes. Pottu will buttfuck them back to Kronos 2, where they will be kings of the vacant anthill

I WILL DESTROY EVERY SINGLE LOSER HORDE THAT COMES IN MY WAY! YOU WILL TASTE THE RIGHTEOUSNESS THAT BLEEDS FROM MY HAMMER!!

YOU CAN RUN, BUT YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE LIGHT!!

FOR THE ALLIANCE!!