What's the best hatchback that you can get for 3k or less?

What's the best hatchback that you can get for 3k or less?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=J-LBoqkPDl4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Id buy a xsara vts for 1k or maybe try to hit a leon 20vt at your budget.

I hate women

What does the hatchback need to do?

Go fast? Go innawoods? Go innasnow?

Can you recommend some for all 3 of those?

I'm limited in my knowledge but If I wanted a fast hatchback it would be a K swapped civic or Mazda speed, innawoods would be a Subaru outback, innasnow I'd take a beefy Jeep or something I guess.

Having listed those I still have to admit I'm broke and would go for a mid 00s Pontiac vibe, Toyota matrix, Ford Fiesta, or Subaru

Fast mainly
and it would be a first car
what would you recommend?

Suzuki SX4

An old gen 2 or 3 Civic if you can find one.

For FWD, fun and good snow handling, classic saab 900 turbo.
I know older Volvos are RWD, I don't know how the turbo'd ones are.

fox body

I bought a Xsara VTR with the 1.8 16v for £360

yeah but that's shit. Im talking about the 2.0

I remember back when I was 19 my girlfriend refused to get in my E46 325i because "my dad says it is rear wheel drive so its dangerous especially with a young guy driving"

Tried talking to him about it but he was firmly of the opinion that anything more than 1.2 litres was some lairy tyre shredding monster and he was "not going to have his daughter killed in some crazy car" and that "these things should stay on the racetrack"

Needless to say she wasn't my girlfriend for long after that

>anything more than 1.2 litres was some lairy tyre shredding monster
oh euros...

80s or 90s Twin Cam Corolla.

Any civic really

>anything more than 1.2 litres was some lairy tyre shredding monster

Why are yurocucks so cucked and poor?

To be fair this guy was not a car person at all and saw it as a tool for a job, that was it. Extreme example obviously, and I almost thought he was joking.

You are right though, people are obsessed with displacement here. I have no idea why, probably perceived costs. These tiny cars make sense in a city, but a 3 series isn't exactly a big car and I have never had any issues. I just hate the public.

Every single one of those i find is way overpriced and molested to hell and back
but yeah it would be nice if i could find i cheap one that's in normal good condition

Nah you can bolt bits on from the 2.0 for not much cash and get good power. The 1.8 engine's a lot lighter and you can tell the difference.

MK1 Focus.

M A Z D A 3

speaking of hatchbacks, this little thing is for sale in good condition and low mileage, think it's a good first car?

Fiat Punto

Toyota Sprinter Trueno

jesus. First time I feel good about my shitty 1.4l 90's jap hatch

>DIESEL
>FIAT
>SHITBOX

AW11, no question.
Why get a shitbox when you can get a spaceship?
Vape kids don't like it since it doesn't drift, so no drift tax.
But it can drift ;>)
youtube.com/watch?v=J-LBoqkPDl4

I said under 3k how can you find those that cheap?
all of the ones i see are over 5k

Not the Meme car pls

pic related
>tfw small reliable economic easily tunable hatchbacks like these never again

3K OR LESS NOT 10K OR LESS

Reminds me of my dear rolla, except there was more booze, drugs, hooning and other assorted retardness with my m8s. Even sold it to my cousin for the same price I bought it for (50e) because I went into the army. He tarbo'd it and promptly drove it into a tree

I got mine for 4500 CAD, that is 3300 USD. I guess it's a bit over budget.

what model and trim? and where did you get it?
cheapest i found was almost 5k usd
pls reply

I got it from some random greasy dealership, its the s Sport Hatch trim with the 2.3l and manual tranny. Their pretty cheap around here where i live, the things interior is mint and the only bit of rust is on the hood which i am going to just go to a scrapyard and replace.

Lucky where i live even shitty mexican dealers will want 7k+ for a 2004 civic sedan

Is car guru a legit site?

What's the difference between the mazda 3 and the mazda speed 3?

i paid 2800 for civic VX 1 owner in good condition. bretty good deal for 50mpg and much better than a geo

Honestly, for all the shit Veeky Forums gives VW, I love my Mk4 Golf. There's nothing really incredible about it, but it's good on gas, decently nimble, and surprisingly roomy with the rear seats folded down.

speed

>much better than a geo
no it's not
what makes you say that anyway?

Anything else? and how much speed?

Is there a 2 door option?