There's no qtddtot thread, here is one, but now there is

There's no qtddtot thread, here is one, but now there is.

I'm looking at an ad for a mitsubishi gto (dodge stealth). It says 5 speed, dohc. Is it safe to assume it's an NA engine?

I know there's like 4 versions of this car, idek what I'm looking at. Pic unrelated

Other urls found in this thread:

frederick.craigslist.org/cto/5879069275.html
detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/ctd/5840911766.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

post ad

and what year?

Faceberg ad

I would have used this as the op but I'll never have another chance to post that rare yota

>Dodge Stealth (United States, Canada)
>SOHC 12v V6
>119 kW (162 PS; 160 hp) at 5500 rpm
>250 N·m (184 lb·ft) at 4000 rpm
It is very safe to assume it is NA because it is a dodge stealth, not a GTO.

unless it is a stealth R/T,

>DOHC 24v V6
>164 kW (223 PS; 220 hp) at 6000 rpm
>272 N·m (201 lb·ft) at 4500 rpm

I believe this is the package you are looking at

>DOHC
>SOHC

see

also, that is a badass yota

Single overhead cam vs Dual overhead cam

SOHC sucks

I guess the guy knows at least it's a dohc, but doesn't know it's the r/t, which from basic research tells me that's what I want.

Or do I keep looking for the actual gto and not the captive import?

i promise you, if the car was an R/T you would know, as well as the guy selling it. That would add too much value to just not know. unless you are just that lucky that you ran into a guy who knows absolutely jack shit about his car, which is completely possible, but not likely.

I think you've got the DOHC Stealth, and thats it, and that isnt all that bad.

Oh ok see that's where I got confused. I thought the r/t was the only dohc stealth.

So there's the base sohc, then dohc, then r/t, then there's a twin turbo right? Or something like that. NA dohc is all I do want anyways

if I could get his under $1k and pay to get it fixed how much would i look at spending to get it fixed at a shop?

would it be less than $2k?

yes. and if the DOHC NA is what you want, then you found it bossman. best of luck to you.

man that is an absolute gamble. the ad could be right, it could be cosmetic only besides the battery or whatever he is claiming is having issues.

less than 2k? i'd say no. body work/paint is incredibly expensive

but dont take my word for it. i dont know shit about body work/paint

Fucking 'tards. The RT/TT is the top AWD twin turbo model of the Stealth models. RT is second of the bitch models, and plain/ES is the bitchiest of the stealth models.

thank god you came here to show how much you know about this shitty car.

thx bud

Why does it suck Senpai

Also everything but the tt is fwd, it's not worth it

If It was just the hood or the bumper I would say go for it. But look at the fucking thing. See how the bumper is skewed to the side and the lights are out of kink? That means bent frame. That means fucked front suspension. And you can literally see the radiator shoved down and crushed in. "Radiator problems" my ass.

The thing is a total writeoff for anything less than a demolition derby. Even a pro shop would basically just be cutting off everything in front of the fenders and replacing it. That's 5-6k worth of work with parts. That car is only good for a parts car now, and the owner knows it.

Google it my dude i don't actually have a firm understanding of DOHC vs SOHC, i just know from Honda and Toyota engines that the SOHC brother of the DOHC engines is usually considerably worse.

Only in America there are FWD GTOs...

Here's a recap:

Dodge stealth
>es (FWD SOHC)
>R/T (FWD DOHC but fun as fuck)
>R/T TT (the vr4s ugly sister)

US spec GTO (3000GT)

>Base '97-'99 (FWD SOHC)
>Base '90-'96 (FWD DOHC optional LSD)
>SL (FWD DOHC, ECS, Active exhaust, LSD)
>VR4 (AWD DOHC Twin Turbo, same as GTO TT, comfort and performance in mind, hence the weight)

All GTOs are AWD.

>Base GTO (AWD)
>GTO SR (lightweight AWD n/a)
>GTO TT (basically the comfy and quick as fuck vr4, but also the heaviest)
>GTO MR (this is the god tier GTO, light and quick as fuck, also 6pot calipers)

I would get an N/A 3000GT because they are comfy and sexy as fuck, it's the an ideal DD.

Is there any way to tune an obd1 car's engine besides "performance" chips? Ive seen tuners for obd2 that let you change settings while driving, but all i can find for obd1 are chips

What does Veeky Forums make of this ad?

Why only 600? Sure it needs work, but still

frederick.craigslist.org/cto/5879069275.html

Where the shit can I get a used truck box? Junkyards? Craigslist hasn't been too kind lately, and I don't wanna spend 400 bucks on a new one.

Should I get a grenade Audi b6 s4 or a b7 a4? Looking to spend 8000 on a winter beater and apparently only Audi makes a 6 speed AWD v8 sedan in this range

S4 is good or A6. Keep in mind they need timing chains done and if it hasn't been driven regularly it could pop at any moment

Veeky Forums kept telling me to shut the fuck up and get a civic.

how's this one? is 215k ok for an '03 civic

The a6 doesn't come in a manual with the V8, unless they're so rare I somehow haven't seen one. Is the timing chain issue strictly on the V8s? I haven't read any big problems about the A4 2.0T, but everyone says watch the fuck out for that S4.

Is the A6 comparable to the 5 series in size? Don't know much about AUDI tbqh

it's a bit excessive for a 13 y/o Honda with that many miles, offer $1800 and settle for $2k
>that many miles
hope it was mostly highway driven

I'll sell you mine, but it's pretty terrible
>one of the plastic ones
>locks are busted
>currently a chicken roost
$50, u clean out the chicken shit and straw

Kumho ecsta pa31's or hankook ventus v2 concept2's? Which one is better for a miat?

I need some cheap all season tires for a few months a year and it's come down to these.

Can someone tell me why Honda is still using halogen in 2016???

Complete change over to mega squirt or similar engine management system

So I'm planning on buying an E92 335i and after excluding things that don't meet my criteria of manual, RWD, N55 (or is), M sport and preferably leather seats, I'm not left with much option with color choice and the most common color for this car is white.

Anyway my question; how concerned should I be over the white yellowing? I see even relatively modern cars with white paint that's yellowing and it looks awful. Any car I'd buy would be 3-5 years old and I'd probably hold onto it for 5 years if this helps at all.

How worried should I be about ticking coming from my cams? My roommate put a hole in my oil pan and ran it dry about a mile and a half back.

It's sort of minor, but it's obviously there. Any vague timeframe until I'll need to replace either my cams or valvetrain components?

Can someone help me understand why honda still use halogen?

If they are going to use projectors, why not just go hid...

The ticking should stop once you refill the engine with the right amount of oil, if it doesn't then you have a problem.

Someone red pill me on the 2009 dodge caliber

Anybody run sparco wheels? thoughts on them?

It's the fugly bitchier younger sister of the neon.

>Help wanted
Gathering funds soon in my new job.
Job is in middle east.
Am shit at cars.
Want something that is reliable, has good A/C and I can mess around with to start learning about cars.

Memes are optional.

only worse in hp. sohc is economy and has practically the same reliability

Is the neon good?

What car?

Is the 2012 Dodge Charger a completely shit car? A buddy of mine is looking at one that's an AWD R/T with 35k miles for $15k. The kicker is that it's in Detroit and wants to fly out there to buy it sight unseen and then drive 12 hours back. Is he retarded?

Hilux

How much it's a conversion kit?
How legal is it everywhere?

Are there none around you?
Isn't Detroit rust belt?
Does he fantasize about getting murdered in an alley?

> listening to Veeky Forums

There are plenty, he wants to fly all the way from MN to Detroit for some reason. Someone totaled his car so he's driving a rental and his bank approved him for a $15,000 loan. It's the cheapest one he's found which leads me to believe there's something fucky with the title, is there still that VIN check thread?

>Detroit
It's probably stolen. Pontiac GTO is a good car in the 15000 range

ello Veeky Forums, i'm not much of a car guy, but i just went to get my oil changed at a shop, and they also did an inspection on my '00 honda civic. they found some things that needed to be replaced and whatnot in pic related

what's the most important thing i should look into?

It kind of depends on how badly your car needs these things. I wouldn't pay for the coolant/power steering fluids though, that's something literally anyone can do themselves and it's way cheaper that way

It's from a dealer though.

Oh wait just figured out why it's so cheap; rebuilt title:

detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/ctd/5840911766.html

NOPE.jpg

>Rebuilt automatic niggermobile from Detroit
Yeah, he's retarded

I'd suggest one but he's one of those cucks who will probably tell me that he "needs" AWD for the snow and the GTO is "too old".

I figured

mazda 3 2.0 2007 120k km for 5000 euro yes or no? looking for my first car.

Toyota mr2 wrc, was axed when group B died and only 2 exist today

>Need more info about the car in question.... miallage, make, model...have you considered plugs, plug wires, fuel filter?
had new plugs a month ago
ignition leads not changed for 4 yrs
literally changed the fuel filter in like june or july

Those part prices are fucking crazy, check eBay

inb4 >ebay

I'd just tell them to fuck off

>mum has 2 bald front tires
>one is leaking air at an astonishing rate
>she's cheap and only wants to replace the one tire thats leaking
>try telling her the consequences of braking in the wet with 1 bald tire and 1 with full tread
>not one shit given
my mum cant drive for shit so i have no doubt she's going to end up killing herself or worse someone else next time it rains
what should i do to convince her?

Put a screw in the other tire

she's cheap dude she'll just paste gap filler silicone over the screw

Some people have to learn the hard way user, this is usual for women.

Where you live do they have safety inspections?

>119 for a coolant system flush,

Hory shieet I thought BMW dealers were jews.

Its Chrysler. That should answer your question.

yeah but they're only mandatory if you're selling the car
it's got tons of other problems that would probably earn it a place on the "to be crushed" list

There's a 2013 sedan mazda MAZDA 3 for $12,000 at 45,000 miles and only 2 owners. Is it a good grab?

Seems reasonable, hard to tell with out looking at it.

Let her do what the fuck she wants, but I'd advise taking out a life insurance policy on her.

>Let her do what the fuck she wants, but I'd advise taking out a life insurance policy on her.
sounds good to me

Alright thanks, not sure I filled it up all the way when I last tested it

not that guy but my engine drinks oil and ticks nonstop
hydraulic lash rollers shouldn't tick right?

Why would I hear loud creaks (like a wooden door closing or old wooden floor being slowly stepped on) everytime I stop/turn right somewhat hard/go over bumps?

Your car is haunted

Point out she can get two decent used tires for less than the one...or be a good son and just take her car and buy her tires, or is the reason she is cheap because you're a NEET spuging off her?

Any mechanics on Veeky Forums? Or should I head over to /x/ to figure this out?

If it changes with your wheels going up and down then you might want to check your shocks and springs on whatever side it's coming from. If it changes with speed it might be a cv joint or axle.

Some engines do tick naturally, just not loudly.

Check your valve covers, shits likely leaking out past the cams/rockers,

Shocks are blown, or some body panel is loose

SOHC usually has worse valve placement so the air doesn't flow as easily

Sidewall mate, you can't really patch sidewall

Either that or just full on sash it and blame the local gypsies

no worries cunt i convinced her after taking her for a spin in the wet dogumi style
now i just have to worry about the brakes being molested but thats a different story

>Cooling System Flush
>Parts $63.95

Wow, only triple the cost of the materials! Jump on that right away.

You don't really need brakes mate, I once drove a W124 from Newcastle to Aberdeen with no pads, just piston on disc. In the rain as well, stopping distance was like 1200 feet or so

> If it changes with speed it might be a cv joint or axle.
Not sure what this means, so it's probably a shock. Best cheap shocks for an 04 mustang?

Please share car hacks

Example: My 03 Chevy gets a CEL (they come up as EVAP error codes) and when inspection time comes around for a new sticker (because Jew York), I clear the codes with an OBD2 scanner, drive for about 40 miles, then pass the computer inspection.

>inb4 get it fixed u faget
I'm not particularly concerned with this car; it's a winter beater and I don't want to dump any more money into it than I have to. And last time I got price quoted to fix it, it was like 550 dollars - no thanks

what does 1.4 2.0 etc mean on cars? the power?

the displacement of the engine in liters
>no replacement for displacement

CVs going bad makes a clicking sound
but he's possibly right about the strut
it sounds to me like it's either a bad swaybar endlink or control arm components
>check ball joints and bushings for excessive play and wear

you should make your own thread so we can ridicule you

There's a Saab shop one block from my house, they have some cheap cars (4-6k), can Veeky Forums give me a quick brief on Saab?

The company seems so innocuous, I never see commercials. I rarely see a Saab on the road, but when I do, it always sounds turbo.

What is the optimal engine temp range for a dd? My gauge reads between 100 and 260

I've got a Ranger. Do I need to jack up the truck to replace the rear shocks?

It just sys you the displacement of the engine, some burgers actualy belive it shows you the power...

so I have this weird problem with my windshield wipers: they squeak loudly when the windshield is wet but don't squeak when the windshield is dry.

Cleaned the whole windshield and the wipers themselves to no avail. replaced the wipers also to no avail.

wadd/o/

Saab went out of business a few years ago. From what I've heard they are very solid cars, but because they are out of production expect repairs to take a long time while the mechanic tries to source parts