What car's fandom would get the most anally buttblasted by a 13b swap into their favorite car?

What car's fandom would get the most anally buttblasted by a 13b swap into their favorite car?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_C111
youtube.com/watch?v=mqDKt4gxHkw
youtube.com/watch?v=lFh9lbH7NJo
youtube.com/watch?v=5W4X7Zk7t9Y
youtube.com/watch?v=toCC0zGKR4A
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Most likely mustanfags

Supra
Corvette
Mustang
Challenger
Camaro
Charger
NSX
Any diesel truck

Here's the deal: Fanbases with big engines would never take you seriously in the first place, it would only mildly amuse them at the very most. You have to troll a fanbase that actually thinks they have a great small engine in their cars. Read: Hondafags.

>nsx

I dream of this

Mercedes-Benz

It would have to be something extremely rare, collective and expensive.

I'm not sure which, but it'll be one of the groups that deal with 50+ year old cars that all have to be in immaculate, original condition

Old Porsches.

Jeep guys would probably get pretty buttblasted, or at least I would

Been done
I vote corvette

Mercedes guys would be alright with Wankels though. They'd love the engineering spirit behind it. Also, there's been several MB prototypes with rotary engines:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_C111

None of these are rare enough, and it'd be a downgrade in almost all of those cases, therefore, people wouldn't be butthurt, they'd just write you off as a complete idiot.

>rotary
>downgrade
Nigga please

Guys....
youtube.com/watch?v=mqDKt4gxHkw

Lol, Mercedes purists are the type of people to get their panties in a twist if you run Wal-Mart washer fluid in your beater 300E.

If you showed them a pristine Gullwing with anything other than a Mercedes-made engine under the hood every purist on the internet would be calling for your head on a spike.

This is a good thread and I approve

>corvette
I vote this. The hold their shit on a sacred level, the tears would be delicious.

rotaries are better for pure power, we all know that. But Mazda is too pussy to make big ass world-destroyer engines, usually limiting it to 2 rotors. If they went ham in a production car, it'd be the best swap option in history.

Saw that. Fucking amazing feat of engineering there.

Aircooled porsche

>If you showed them a pristine Gullwing with anything other than a Mercedes-made engine under the hood every purist on the internet would be calling for your head on a spike.
Did anybody say 2JZ swap?

Because I'm pretty sure somebody said 2JZ swap.

youtube.com/watch?v=lFh9lbH7NJo

The C111 was gorgeous, but didn't they put that 4 rotor in a W body Benz as an experiment in road racing?

I think you're confusing the Rote Sau and C111 here.

>W body Benz
WHICH FUCKING W?! THere's dozens of them.

I think it was the older W like the late 70s early 80s models that were usually diesel in the states, the 300D ones, w123 I think?

But nah, I remember they stuck that 4 rotor in a non prototype

Ferrari. Vintage Ferrari, specifically

>older W like the late 70s early 80s models that were usually diesel in the states
Which narrows it down to ''just'' 5 chassis types, none of which I can find any evidence of having that 4 rotor wankel. LAte 70's would've been too late anyways, because the fuel crisis had happened by then.

Corvette and GTR then time them both round the Nurburgring

S2000.

any muh murican vee aight muscle car

Concourse Porsche Guys was gonna be my guess XD

US-built V8 cars aren't the answer. Swapping in a 2 rotor is just pathetic and will be laughed at, even by the fanboys, and 3+ rotors are usually enough of an engineering achievement that even the fanboys might have some respect. They won't cause enough butthurt. Hell, even a rotary Corvette wouldn't be bad because of the Aerovette heritage.

Porsche would be a good bet - although they're too expensive. People would simply write you off as insane instead of getting all buttflustered about it. There's adapter plates for Wankels to Porsche transmissions for a reason by the way - it's probably been done enough before.

i would say some supercar or a euro classic

MB 300SL Gullwing

BAM

>replace turbocharged undersized engine with different turbocharged undersized engine
They'll be fine.

Truck guys might get mad if you swap a 13b into a Ford Ranger or equivalent small truck.
Jeep guys might get mad if you swap a 13b into it, and then tell them you did it for reliability.
But if you went to Moab and choked everyone in oil smoke and deafened all of them with braps and fireballs, the rest of the planet would be obligated to give you free handjobs for life.

>3.8L
>undersized
Only in Murrika.

>13B swapped NSX
The thought alone is arousing me

>3 rotor mid engined NSX
I can fap to this with just a mental image of the braps.

i wonder why rotaries never became popular outside of mazda

13B-REW peripheral ported in a Tesla.

Honda guys swap rotaries if their own accord idiot.
>challenger powered by cosmo engine
Yeah bro

Because cars are thousands of dollars worth of equipment that people rely upon for their daily life and careers. So the technology is very conservative. Only now are turbos catching on. The tech for those have been around ever since the internal combustion engine was a thing. But the modern turbo started in 1980 and really only became a commercial success with Ford's ecoboost.
Other cars did have them before and were successful. But most were performance cars, diesel workhorses and so on. Economy cars had them in Japan, like Nissan's March Super Turbo. But that concept never caught on, unfortunately.

The rotary didn't catch on because it's not economical, or clean burning. And it requires a race car all the time driving style. And it requires the owner to be careful while owning one.

Regular cars take a ridiculous amount of abuse. Idling for extended periods, rapid stop and go, going without repairs for a long time. So many things that a rotary won't like you for.

Rotary cars need race tracks, country lanes, highways. They need to be hooned, air forced down into them like a whore taking cock. They need to be revved high and kept singing.
And they smoke, and they burn gas.

And when you're done, you need to look after them. They're a car for a D/s fetishist or someone with lots of money to lose.

Something about that is so wrong and so right.

gm fangirls, because it'll be more reliable than stock

Youre not too smart eh?

What we NEED is for some other manufacturer to step up to the plate.

Mazda makes "performance" wankels, but they only look like that because no one else is doing it. They're PUSSIFIED ECONOMY WANKELS.

We need a REAL MAN'S WANKEL. Not 1/5th the size of a V8 with similar power, no, SAME SIZE, THREE TIMES THE POWER.

There's no replacement for displacement. Where's the bigass rotors at? Then we port it into every muscle car and bathe in tears.

911 esp. aircooled ones

GM tried and couldn't get them to seal properly.

Assmad GM fangirl detected

>there's no replace for displacement
Yes there is its called proper engineering

Mazda couldn't either
>apexseals.meme

>Nsx
I dont think anyone would care.

Vw as well.

this thread

Fuck that.
If they can get better power / lb than piston engines, they should focus on that.

There shouldn't be a single stock piston engine that has more power a rotary. It's a disgrace.

I'm saying it because the main point is how small they are for more power, but mazdas cars barely even utilize it, their cars aren't small enough to full benefit from engines that small. If they're going to focus on rotaries, make rotaries to fit the giant cars everyone makes. No wasted space that way.

Hahahahaha

FD guy here

>13B in C5/C6 Vette

FUCKING DO IT HOLY SHIT, TAKE REVENGE

911 or a 250 GTO

I happen to be using a 13b in my beetle that's using a old Porsche dog leg 5 speed

subaru

I don't believe you, nobody on Veeky Forums has anything that co-
>/osg/ stickers
Holy shit, more pics?

I don't even know where to begin telling you you're wrong.

E46 M3
Viper
Any Alfa
Shelby Cobra
McLaren F1

>nobody has said Alfa Romeo

Could you imagine a 13b gtv at an alfa car show, or a Montreal

Really, I imagine most enthusiast cars would get a whole bunch of autism if you deigned to put pig-disgusting NIP engines in them, especially if they're rare.

Any european car with a reputation would be asking for blood if you tarnished its engine.

>buy prius
>remove everything but front seats
>stick 13b in the back on a transaxle
>uncatted, unmuffled exhaust out the roof
>???
>profit

Don't forget the peripheral port.

Ferrari is my best guess
Those Ferrari guys are weird about their Ferrari's.
Ferrari.
LS swap is better.

Relevant

youtube.com/watch?v=5W4X7Zk7t9Y
youtube.com/watch?v=toCC0zGKR4A

diessel in a prius

that little ute is the coolest thing ive ever seen

Kek the corvette would win for once

>tfw uncatted FD

It truly is a glorious amount of smoke. Guy, I really like the way you think. Someone needs to make the Prius Global Warmery.

>no torque
>need 11k revs to make a semblance of power at all
>need a turbo to get over 200hp
>improvement
Or I could buy an LS for 500 bucks from a junkyard and not worry and out pre mixing oil or having to disassemble my engine to replace seals every 75k miles, all while making 400hp

The correct answer is an R34 GTR. The fanboys would looks their shit if their preciousRB engine is swapped out for an engine that needs its apex seals replaced after a Sunday evening cruise.

>16 replies
>Nobody mentions rare Frosty edition C4 in background of OP pic

I am disappoint Veeky Forums

I approve, but as we know rotaries are a bitch to keep cool

How are you going to achieve that with the bug?

It's 3 moving parts. Don't be a bitch.

Also.. idemitsu. Increase the lifespan of those seals by (gasp) using oil designed to do so.

It's almost like it becomes manageable if you take the time to learn about the engine, who would have known?

tesla fags

A guy I know is doing that right now with a '66 except with a 12a.