Why don't all cars have forced induction?

>More power without changing the engine displacement
>Doesn't effect efficiency of the engine
>Mad spools

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2E0tajBP8VI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

In practice it has been shown to worsen fuel economy because normies can't stand off boost. Also, cost. It costs a manufacturer basically the same money to make a 1.2L or a 2.2L I4 block, but it costs more to fit the 1.2 with a turbo.

>More power without changing the engine displacement
Ok
>Doesn't effect efficiency of the engine
Yes it does. Drastically
>Mad spools
You must be 18 to use this site

Because some cars are designed to be good

>spools

I'm sorry but I'm twin screw poopercharged, is it still considered a spool cause it's not a centrifugal?

Turbos suck desu, not worth the expense
youtube.com/watch?v=2E0tajBP8VI

Some people want cars that can make it to 200k miles without multiple engine rebuilds, that's why.

>turbochargers suck because I'm too poor to afford gas

>Wants to burn more gas
Get on my level

Just add more cubes

>cost
>maintenance
>reduced engine life
>engine has to be well sealed

NO

REPLACEMENT

FOR

DISPLACEMENT

Might as well make the engine properly in the first place instead

My car is at 212k and has had zero engine rebuilds. Still going stronk.

that means it was rebuilt before you bought it

Fix
Ot
Rgain
Dony

Boomer please die

Come back when a twin turbo v8 from Germany still can't match a fucking truck pushrod engine in reliability, efficiency, and power

t. Millennial

>more power without changing the dispalacement
You realize it technically increases the displacement? It shoves more air into the cylinders, so a 2.0L engine can fit 2.5-3.0L of air
>doesn't change the efficiency of the engine
Yes it fucking does
>mad spools
Aayyyy he's got a point

Nope. Sorry mister shitposter. Any engine will last if you don't beat the piss out of it everyday. As I said before. Original turbo. Original engine.

Come back when a chebby lt4 lasts longer than a European l6 turbo diesel Roflmao

this

some problems

the impeller spins so fast as 150000 rpm
this puts allot of stress on the bearing esp fluid bearing
further more parts of the bearing can make their way into the engine oil and air intake

the turbine side of a keeps the manifold and one side of the block a bit hotter
this when combined with over boost due to bypass valve fail can make pre detonation more likely

some newer types with roller or ball bearings and water cooled housings reduce this somewhat

I'm sure it lasts longer than your attention span gramps.

fpbp

forced induction is a cheat that's tailored to the epa drive cycle. when consumers use it they're going to be in boost and that will suck down fuel.

is it a 240 volvo? those things are awesome
hurr durr, no replacement for displacement amirite?

So, it's a matter of cost. If you want to go fast, then a 4 banger with turbo still seems like the most economical option.

is this an ecoboost thread?

always been a sucker for the rally sport headlights

kek
sure
>boost
>ever being eco

epa needs to fix their testing to reflect how people actually drive in the real world

Yeah... the 100hp @ 3psi engine in your Volvo doesn't really count. Squeezing almost 200hp from a 1.4 liter modern aluminum engine is a little different.

lel, the 240 made more power than that and had a respectable 0-60 time even for today

what kind of shit heaps are you used to owning? Volvo's and some older Saabs will go a very long time without an engine build.

>Any engine will last if you don't beat the piss out of it everyday.
NOt any, there are some real piles of shit out there.

>Volvo's and some older Saabs will go a very long time without an engine build.

Because they're 2.5 liters putting out 120hp and cast iron. That's not saying much.

The Volvo 2.3 turbo made 160hp, which was about the same as a 5+ liter v8 of the time. Saabs 2.0 turbo was making 185hp.

Nice. I love an engine bay that flaunts the supercharger.

There is no replacement for displacement, you retard. The higher the initial displacement of an engine, the bigger it's potential in the long run. Stroking is always an option and running boost on a massive displacement engine only gets you bigger gains.

Why do you fucking import faggots argue that fact?