Eve Online General /eog/

Ugly Birds Edition

Permalink: orph.link/eog

>Can I make enough ISK to PLEX?
Yes of course!

>I just started, what should I do?
Get a referral from someone to get free SP, beg for it here if you have.
Do the Tutorial then the Career Agent missions; they give you ISK, ships, skillbooks and teach you basics. Talk to players and try to find a corp. The game is only as boring as you are.
No, really. Find a corp.
You don't want to be that guy.

>Is it too late to start playing EVE?
No.

Read the /eog/ pastebin: pastebin.com/JGKUEsZy
Focus Group Logs: focusgrouplogs.tech.ccp.is/

Future:
??

Past:
>Nov 25: Eve Down Under
>Nov 15: Alpha clones, Engineering Complexes, reworked boosters
>Sep 27: Coronation of Catiz I
>Sep 13: Mining barge overhaul, some new frigate models, capital module balance pass
>Sep 12: CSM 11 first summit
>Aug 13: [SoundCloud] WH CSM Townhall 13AUG2016 by OrangeEagle
>Aug 09: Citadel contracts, dmg/rep visuals, clouds performance boost, cargo notifications
>Jul 26: AT prizes announced (blood raider variations)
>Jul 23: Goons move to Delve, SMA closes
>Jul 19: Broski joins then kills QFC
>Jul 18: Billboards submissions open
>Jul 07: AT rule changes: 10 players, no cap-xfer, no CDs, blood raider ships encouraged
>Jun 29: "Shadow of the Serpent" event began, serp capitals introduced
>Jun 28: Citadel trading, overlay vectors, new implants, drugs legal, NSA nerfs, triage/seige/bastion now ECM immune, mass fitting
>Jun 23: RIP SP dailies
>May 30: RIP Dust 514 (long live Project Nova)
>Foozie makes a bunch of stupid pointless changes (don't ever remove this from the OP, because it is always true)

If you're new to the game, use this referral link to get 250,000 free skillpoints. No purchase necessary. secure.eveonline.com/signup/?invc=72cae059-5664-4c34-9236-9c1f45d2dd4a&action=buddy

Thanks Kevin

I am not Kevin

Why are missions with Mach so comfy?

I should just liquidate all(most) my assets and move to the place the Sisters of Eden epic arc is, shouldn't I?

x hard tackle

x Vagabond

pretty cute desu

>Punisher
Top grade a e s t h e t i c s doesn't make up for two mids lad.

Well you should do the arc starting in Arnon. I get anal about leaving stuff scattered around so I try not to have shit all over. You're going to want a cargo extender to hit 150m3 carrying capacity and 120ish dps to finish the arc.

>m-muh mids!
>muh hull tanked triple webbing novice scram kiters

>referral link in OP

I finished all the tutorial shit so I have a wreathe and a thrasher, n' shiet, I'm just like... 23 jumps away.

Is there a list somewhere of important skills to train and their SP requirement?

I'm tempted to milk a 23m character dry and then dump the skillpoints and some dosh on a new character which I want to be streamlined.

So long as you know that autopilot is just for setting routes and never using to travel it doesn't take that long. I don't know t1 haulers anymore. If wreathe is the one that's for cargo and doesn't have some ammo hold or shit like that, you can repackage the thrasher and stick it in the hauler. If not, get the hauler that has a plain cargo hold and slap cargo extenders in the lows till you can carry 5k m3.

>Using a personal referral link

We've talked about this you piece of shit

thrasher is 5k m3, wreathe can fit circa 6.8k m3 with five extenders, I guess I'll do that.

fuck off kevin

>tfw you just copy pasted the op from the old thread and didn't notice the link

Someone few days ago was talking about a magic 14 (or 21) from some guide. The link seemed sensible though the name is gayI prioritize fitting skills, tank type of choice/race, navigation, and weapon type. Get everything to 4 before you start training to 5. Don't neglect your fitting skills They're not exciting but they're necessary.

Report OP and make a new thread

I thought that was normal, it was the same as the last thread had??

Did I fuck up faction warfare?

what's the problem

>mining on one screen
>ship spinning waiting for an Incursion invite on the other

High paced adrenaline fueled gameplay lads

you make more isk blitzing l4s and you dont have to wait on an invite to start

>not mining on both

I've tried L4 blitzing and I just feel like I make more ISK more consistently with Incursions. Does L4 Blitzing top 131M/h?

Is Karmafleet a good place for a new fellow to join? Not sure what corp to go to.

Quickest way to Plex as new Omega?
Isn't 15 bucks a month a little expensive for a MMO these days?

My wife said because I can play for free that I shouldn't pay 15 a month.

I didn't want to make this game "how to get Plex the quickest" but I guess I need to now.

$15 a month is nothing, do with your money as you want. Don't be a whipped nigga.

Trying to plex from the start will just burn you out on the isk grinding. Sub for half a year and you'll have what you need to grind a plex quickly. Drink three less coffees from some place like starbucks and it's paid for but you shouldn't have to justify 15 dolla.

>enjoy the game as an alpha clone
>never need to spend money
>you just won eve

Yes. For the past couple of years, the game has been loosing players. So the people invested in the game have been more open to welcoming new players.

Also, the alliance that best utilizes the alpha clone game mechanic will dominate null sec. Alpha clones can have a significant impact in major fleet engagements.

Yeah, I guess I'll just tell her I don't do anything but work and sleep while she's a stay at home mom and I deserve it.

It's going to take over five months to max out an alpha clone. By that time, you should have enough for a plex. By then you will know exactly what to train and what you want to do with that plex.

>earns all the money
Yeah I'd say you deserve it. I don't see why you need to attempt to justify it either. If your kids are small eve is great for playing with them in your lap.

Fucking hell.

Just met about 5 sabres and assorted trash along the way from null. Killing shuttles and T1 frigs of people trying to get somewhere must be really exciting.

Good thing I am in a 1,97s ceptor and laughing along the way, but camping gates seems really boring to me.

it is, everyone who does it is gay and autistic

>I actually got people to start spamming my referral link for me in new threads

KEK

Thanks buddy.

How many plexes you got so far, faggot?

0, only like 90 people visit these generals, and most are vets/people that started already.

Only like 4 people have used it

>Just wanna mine
>Made a Procurer instead of a Retriever
Fuck man. I fell for the meme.

What is more time profitable, refining ore or just selling it?

>Killing shuttles and T1 frigs of people trying to get somewhere must be really exciting.

It actually is, you should try it.

>trying to learn Incursion anchor points
>no VVV in fleet
>FC threatening to kick people not in anchor spots on time

Dank

>muh anchor

just press approach on anyone, it doesn't matter

Why don't you VVV?

its not hard just burn to anchor faggot

>Quickest way to Plex as new Omega?

Scamming would be the quickest.

>Quickest way to Plex as new Omega?
level 4 missions in a gnosis, FW, gas huffing

>level 4 missions in a gnosis

He just said he doesn't know the anchor points yet you spastic

>he doesn't know the anchor points
>look in fleet
>oh thats the VVV, better anchor on him

I hope you at least fight the other campers when you happen to meet. Cause that seems like it might actually be fun. Killing alphas in poorly fit frigates exploring seems less so. But whatever floats your boat, as I said, they wont catch me.

Not being sarcastic, but EVE GM's/customer service is awesome. I think they love their job or something. It shows.

Does plex price typically drop on the weekend?

I fucking bought 2 for 175/195m just yesterday then the price dropped by 60 mil ;_;

I'd smash young her

>no VVV in fleet

Learn to read you spastic ape

Plex has never been that low. Dunno what you're talking about but it isn't a pilot's license extension.

I meant 1.75bil, 1.95 bil obviously my man.

>Someone created a 1000 sell order
>make a single unit sell order at 2.000.000 isk above him
>two other chumps 1 cent me
>The big whale follows

>mfw I caused some shitbird 30 millions in losses with only 110k isk spend, just in broker fees.

Eat shit trader shits

1.075/1.095bil (before he replies again)

Okay, that makes sense. It's increased demand. More of them are being bought and the price has fallen from 1.2/1,3 when f2p hit.

>liking girls

fag!

Most of the time it appears people pay a bigger lump sum just for the ore.

Just seems like on the weekends when people get paid it drops dramatically. Last weekend it went down to 1.018bil then shot up to 1.113bil for the week. now this weekend its back down to 1.050, I suspect come monday it will be back to 1.111bil

TLDR: only buy plex on weekends

How long should you stay with a corp at minimum? I'm not having particularly much fun in the one I'm in right now but I'd be worried that staying in corporations for little time reflects poorly on me.

nobody cares, do what you feel like

Many corps with little time may not look good, a few won't kill you. Figure out what you're looking for and do a little research on your next corp.

>mine since game came out
>using a Retriever since forever in high sec
>Never ever seen CODE. once in my life

Watch out for CODE.! LOL.

Alright thanks dudes

Hmmmm, any ideas on how to live in a shattered wormhole?

>I hope you at least fight the other campers when you happen to meet.

I haven't gate camped in a long time, but back when I did, it never worked like that. There was no point in camping an area already camped by someone else, and the only real fights would be from hot drops.

Yeah here's one

You can't

T3d and depot

orca alt with a normal cloak.

>orca alt
>shattered wormhole

Are the holes too small?

no. Only WR ones

>You are already managing 0 targets, as many as your ship's electronics are capable of.

when you want to leave and drop stuff, you do that and then come back. crazy I know

if only all wormholes were like shattered

You're getting jammed. Look on your overview for the ecm symbol on one of the ships' lines.

>nobody even bothers getting mad at ecm anymore
>everyone has just accepted that it'll be retarded bullshit forever

Thanks, but I'm very well aware of jamming mechanics. Just frustrating to be in a lv4 mission where two battleships are both jamming me.

>Mining solo in a Retriever in high sec
>2 Skiffs enter belt
>Guy says not to be scared and he's just dual mining on his alt but he's poor so he only has one alt
>tfw broke as fuck in game and real life and jealous of this asshole with 2 skiffs

How do I win EVE?

If you don't use eve-survival.org or something like it, use it and you'll know who to target first to take em out early. IIRC, you get a little time before npcs start e-warring you.

3 skiffs.

>ECM now has reverse fall off(and reduced range)
>brawling ship buff and easy counter play

Maybe you wouldn't be so broke if you did literally anything other than mining?

What the fuck are goons doing?

I have a wife, child, work nights, and semi-afk is the only way I am able to play.

Wish I was a neckbeard in some basement slugging Mt.Dew and Doritos but I'm 32 and need to pay my mortgage.

mining an insane amount with rorquals, building an insane of rorquals

getting ready

Rebuilding so we can kill their shit again.

Have you tried VNI ratting?

What does this mean?

basically none of their shit died before anyway. nobdoy actually loses large numbers of supercaps

People are trying to make money with drone AI thingies

>M-MINING IS S-SHIT
>GET IN A T1 FRIG AND BE A BODY IN PVP FOR MY CORP!

>mfw I make 8mil ISK every time I dock my mining barge after watching Netflix and having 5 minutes of on screen time

They're building the Palatine Keepstar.

The hell is VNI ratting?

Killing npc pirates in null in a vexor navy issue.