What car is the best off-road, totally stock? I mean drive it off the showroom floor onto the trails

What car is the best off-road, totally stock? I mean drive it off the showroom floor onto the trails.

Other urls found in this thread:

mercedes-benz.com/en/mercedes-benz/vehicles/passenger-cars/g-class/the-g-class-squared/
youtube.com/watch?v=qu7nYJxXxdM
youtube.com/watch?v=TXhvwkFIv0o
boyceequipment.com/m35a2-bobbed-deuce
unimogs.co.uk/machinedetail.asp?linkback=12&searchstring=U1253
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Depends on how much of a pussy you are. Any car can off road if you have the will and determination to do it. Also that is not a car.

That you can get today?

Probably a MB G500 4x4*2, or a G63 6x6

Anything that has an option package to come with chunky tyres.

currently probably the rubicon as much as i hate to admit it.
of all time? probably the fzj80 lc

I own a toyota, and the hard rock rubicon hands down is the best of all time, barring any ridiculous mercedes show truck or army surplus vehicle like a pinzgauer or something.

Compared to an 80 in stock form, its got better approach and departure angles, electric swaybar disconnect, amazing traction control, strong skid plates, rock sliders, etc.

80 is still the GOAT tho.

>off-roading
>nigger rims with low profile tires

pls. Any stock domestic truck would out-do that shitbox on the trails.

its the truth
you can pry my 80 from my cold dead hands though

Why is automatic so much worse for off-roading desu

>zero proof

That's like asking which fullsize long bed truck is best if you live in the city, commute 100+ miles/day and never intend to put anything in the bed, ever.

Sure you can come up with an answer (which may vary depending on your idea of "off road"), but doesn't matter.
You can dump $2000 into nearly any 4x4 and be better off than anything that's entirely stock, with price gaps of hundreds of thousands of dollars between said stock vehicles.

Why ask a question if the answer doesn't matter? Ask real questions. Ask what vehicle has the most potential for the money. Ask what vehicle is easiest to get to a desired level. Just ask something useful. You'll get real answers.

You're criticizing the tires and not the car itself...

Here's a mindblowing suggestion, put on some different tires.

>totally stock

that's not the regular g500, it's the G500 4x4*2 (G-Class Squared)

mercedes-benz.com/en/mercedes-benz/vehicles/passenger-cars/g-class/the-g-class-squared/

It's stock, as in it comes like this from Mercedes.

i can literally smell the essence of armenian and snake leather oils as that pile of overrated shit passes by

I vote Rubicon.

looks stock to me, faggot

how many stock domestic trucks come with gantry axes?

>pls. Any stock domestic truck would out-do that shitbox on the trails.
yeah no

Just portal axles bolted to stock truck. Very limited suspension travel.

youtube.com/watch?v=qu7nYJxXxdM

As for current models probably Jeep Rubicon?

oh is that a stock domestic truck?

It is obviously the unimog.

100% correct

Everyone else 100% incorrect

>Retarded plutonium oligarch nephew level
Merc g500 4x4^2
>Oil Rich
Merc g500, g55, g63
>Wage tier
FJ cruiser, wrangler
>Family tier
J200, Pajero

I cant believe this hasnt been posted yet.

It has, learn to read

Would the new Range Rover (not the sport) be in with a shout? Obviously without the stupid wheels.

Seem to be quite a lot of optional extras you can get that are focussed on off road, and it seems packed full of tech.

We are of course assuming it is all working for this idea.

The Nissan Armada deserves to be mentioned here

It has a shit ton of ground clearance, portal axles, 3 (manually) locking diffs, a stock steel skidplate, 4wd with high and low range, crawl assist, and a pretty beefy 5.6l V8.

They can be had for less than 10k used as well.

wanker

that's the american patrol,right?

How does it handle at highway speeds

They are probably the most capable large scale production (consumer) vehicle you can just go buy off a lot pretty much anywhere. The only major downside is they are quite pricy ... and for a vehicle you intend to beat on and drive around in mud and water they have quite a few electronic components that are best to not leave submerged...

They are not bad on the road by any means... They can get the Wobbles when people go ape on tiresize or have worn suspension components...

yea sure an m3 will handle better on a track but who cares that BMW will get stuck in even light snow/ if it drives into someones wet grass....
.. I would love to buy a 4 door rubicon myself but thats not in the cards yet.

in kazakhstan we have both the old y61 patrol which mostly sees heavy use with science teams, and the shitty shitty y62 which is basically a juke on steroids.

The answer is a lifted sububaroo

W8 I misread the op pls don't laugh at me

But will it beat a model t?

youtube.com/watch?v=TXhvwkFIv0o

Can't believe theat no one has posted the true off road god machine.

>implying it isn't the ram 2500 Power wagon with or without the AEV package
> it'll cost you a pretty penny but it comes from the dealership with
>front and rear heavy duty coil sprung AAM solid axles that make the rubicon's dana 44's look like twigs
> front and rear locking differentials
> front and rear disconnecting swaybars for maximum articulation
>12,000lb warn winch from the factory
>6.4L hemi V8 with 429 ft-lb of torque
> articulink heavy duty off road control arms
> 33" M/T tires from the factory.
>skidplates out the ass
> AEV package includes a snorkel and steel winch bumper.

Mostly due to the increased control you have in a manual.

T. Assmad poorfag

I haven't read to much into it yet but the new Colorado ZR2 might be in the running, at least if it's anything at all like the concept model they had a year or so back

Oh I almost forgot.

>nearly 15 inches of ground clearance

Bowler Wildcat

You're kidding yourself if ypu think that pigfat IRS and IFS family hauler based on the titan comes with locking differentials and portal axles, kek.

fiat panda 4x4

Nobody cares about this piece of shit

it literally does

>rwd
>off road
lmao

A challenger appears

>sand dunes are roads
lmao

Post pics or spec sheet stating otherwise.

>2WD
> actually being able to go on any trails

Kek, someone has never seen mud.

Stay mad poorfag, you'll never be able to afford it.

Implying gassers are worth a shit.

>other cars look like blobs now because of pedestrian safety
>Mercedes raise their G-brick even more instead
How do they get away with it?

Rest assured a suzuki jimny would whipe the floor with a fiat panda, tis not even a challenge. For starters the suzuki actually has a proper part time 4WD system with a hi/lo transfercase. It actually comes with front and rear solid axles and body on frame construction and decent approach, break over and departure angles. Meanwhile the fiat panda is literally a unibody minivian with a shitty open diff awd system that has independent suspension that lacks wheel travel and thats why it lifts tires going over a curb. Not to mention it has atrocious clearance along with the worst approach, break over and departure angles lol literally a subaru forester is more capable.

>implying you cant get a cummins 2500 and throw on some lockers and have the same thing.

surplus HMMWVs.

just hope your path is wide enough.

Holy Fuck how can I get one of these things in the U. S. ?

HMMWV = overpriced meme babby truck.

Image search "bobbed deuce" for some beasts that can literally drive over a HMMWV laughing all the way, and for a fuckton less money. They are easy to DIY if you have welding and mechanic skills.

Commercial version from a reputable supplier:

boyceequipment.com/m35a2-bobbed-deuce

Check the Steel Soldiers forum. They instaban idiots which is great, and their content is outstanding.

You can't really drive a bobbed deuce on the street unless you're okay with single digit mpg's, not being able to go the speed limit and hearing damage. Also if you manage to get stuck pretty much nothing will be able to pull you out.

Both that and the HMMWV would be nice if you had a hundred acres or so to play on.

it absolutely does not

T2 touareg with 4xmotion and v10 diesel

4motion is useless

>You can't really drive a bobbed deuce on the street unless you're okay with single digit mpg's, not being able to go the speed limit and hearing damage.

Foam ear plugs fix the noise part, or you can install mufflers that actually work. Most owners have enough cash to trailer them but a fair number drive cross country. It's only money and cost/mile is reasonable when the vehicle is relatively inexpensive. Later Cummins swaps are a thing too.

Grandfathered in from the first ones produced
Unfortunately, the EU got all pissy and said that you can't Grandfather cars any more.
That's why they stopped making the Defender

was about to say this

You called?

70 series any other answer is dead wrong

how much do these cost?

They started making them in the 70's so you shouldn't have much trouble importing one

Depends on the model. Apparently they aren't the easiest thing to come by in the US which also makes servicing them a bit of a pain in the arse.

I found an older one for £8,500

unimogs.co.uk/machinedetail.asp?linkback=12&searchstring=U1253

4motion is a brand name.

Key word should be STOCK. Those Toyotas came with slick street tires. Jeeps are the only vehicle to ever come with A/T's. The Rubi gets 35" swampers I believe

I don't know where this meme comes from. I've got one and it's fine at 75, the only bothersome thing is the incredibly loud wind noise.

4xmotion is not 4motion

The wife has a Jimny. Awesome little car, we take it everywhere the 'Cruiser goes.

No way man. I own a VDJ79R and while it's an awesome ute the GQ Y60 Patrol wagon I had before it wiped the fucking floor with the Landcruiser off-road in every condition.

If I could get the Patrol diffs and suspension under the Cruiser chassis I'd be perfectly content. Now I just settle for 90% on the contentness-o-meter.

Most Toyo's in Aus can be ordered from the floor with A/T's on when you purchase a new 70 or 200 Series for no extra cost. It's an option. Those towing caravans usually go with the highway terrains where the farmers and workers grab the A/Ts. I reckon the A/T's they supply are shithouse though.

Privyat, kak dela?

>uaz

str8 trash