I just inherited 4600 Acres of land in the middle of bum-fuck no where in Australia

I just inherited 4600 Acres of land in the middle of bum-fuck no where in Australia.

Is there anyway I can put it to use? It's mostly desert/shrub that can't be farmed.

Other urls found in this thread:

blogs.reuters.com/great-debate/2015/08/25/want-to-hunt-exotic-african-animals-just-go-to-texas/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'd get it surveyed. You could be sitting on a natural resource that could make you some serious cash.

See what other people in the area are doing. See how you can improve on that.

Are you okay with breaking the law?

Depends on the severity

Grandad had it checked a few years back and nothing came of it. Recon it's worth a second go?

Nothing around. Mostly owned by the government I think.

Take a second look user. I'm assuming your Granddad had it checked when technology wasn't as advanced as it is now.

What about getting into the tourism business? Like some sort of outback camping thing.

This user beat me to it. Definitely check again. We have alot more advanced technology for these things now adays.

Good luck bro, I hope you find something.

1.) Build a strip mall.
2.) ??????????????
3.) Profit!

If you build it, they will come.
-Abraham Lincoln

Sell it to /pol/ for their colony.
Will probably be much better than their stupid Namibia idea.

This.

Or if there is a nearby cattle station, see if you can lease the grazing rights to them.Or lease it out to a Japanese Terrorist group Aum Shinrikyo style

...okay maybe not the third one.

/pol/ actually wants to build a colony? bahahaha!

you could make a Veeky Forums colony of capitalism

Two words: meth farm

How profitable would it be to make a solar panel farm out of it biz?

>Is there anyway I can put it to use?

Lease to ranchers until they find something of value under it. Even if they never find shit under it land is a pretty solid investment.

Rural Australian here. The easiest is to just lease it to someone else. If you have more of an appetite for risk then look at share farming, either cropping or livestock. If you can get in with someone who lives locally they provide the labor, you provide the land, and you go halves in the crop/animals. but be careful there are some dodgey cunts out there.

>solar panels
>make money
>2016-2017, year of trump finally defunding solar panel welfare

Metric system here...like the rest of the world
This may surprise you my potato chip eating friend, but Australia is not in the USA, and Trump has no jurisdiction over it.

That's massive. Turn it into your own little empire.

which state?

let me ( or other people) come shoot on it

build a big self sustainable bunker.
have rich crazys pay to reserve slots for the coming nuclear asteroid holocaust.
in the mean time run it like a theme hotel for tourists

Unless you have the right expertise or intend to get the expertise you are better off selling or renting to someone who has it. Hiring someone to work the land is another option and allows you to choose how much you want to get involved.

Selling immediately is likely not a good option. Like real estate you should keep it up for sale until most of the market has had a look at it. During this time you could rent the land then put it up for sale once local businesses have an interest in it and possibly some infrastructure is built raising its value. The sale value per annual rent is kind of like price per earning and you can compare that to the returns you can get elsewhere, though wait a while before deciding to sell based on this.

before you get it checked, see if you can find the original surveying data that the australian government did when they were locating resources in the 50's and 60's. This data exists and is the basis for most of the mine tenements today.

More advanced scanning, and physical drilling brings that to light, but the old records should indicate there is something.

If there is a fault line in, on or around your property you could be onto something.... gold, copper and gemstones fall in that shit.

Just an idea.

distance from the nearest grid connection.
distance from the farthest point that will access your power.

if there is too much distance between you and the entry point for the grid you lose money - resistance of the cables/wires loses power. then if there is nothing around to use it in the distance you can 'send' it then you are also wasting money.

like making blocks of ice in Sydney and transferring them to Perth on the back of a tabletop unrefrigerated. there is a point where it becomes a fools errand and not worth it economically.

>build all around land
>employ loyal Australians to defend wall
>declare independence
>let locals become citizens of said state
>defend from invasive government
>fee market utopia in new nation
>profit??

make a safari ranch like in link relatedblogs.reuters.com/great-debate/2015/08/25/want-to-hunt-exotic-african-animals-just-go-to-texas/

Or host a giant burning man type music festival

Sell it to the Chinese like everyone else.

abbo brothel

goddamn you'll make bank

You won't have electricity or plumbing. Sell your imaginary inheritance to some imaginary Chinese.

Mine opals

> Can't be farmed

Anything can be farmed. If it can grow shrubs, it can support life

Look up permaculture, look up how to make water-retention ditches that keeps hold of the water during the occasional rain, sink a couple of hundred thousands into trees and shrubs
Make an ecological wonderland

Or

Sell it to the Chinese

The scamland they will call it.

They won't pay for sex. They'll get drunk with their mob, see a jin they like, and say 'ehhh, come into tha room, I wanna to see you for a sec'. That's it.

t. abbo

>Grandad had it checked
What the hell does that mean? Go out thar with a metal detector, look for big nuggets.

you sit on it user, you sit on that motherfucking land because land only fucking appreciates.

people here in the bum fucking swamps of louisiana were called idiots when they payed ass tons for land that you couldn't walk on without sinking to your tits.

now there are fuck tons of hillbillies who held them sumbitches for decades and sold for fortunes.

your sitting on land in one of the hardest countries to get citizenship in the world. If you are a fucktard you sell now, if your smart you save for a decade and get a nominal return.
if you are a genius you keep for several decades and hop on the gain train after. if your a fucking grandaddymcgandalffrodofacefucking wizard, you don't fucking sell you let your kids inherit the land, LIKE WHOEVER LEFT IT TO YOU, and let them reap the rewards as feudal lords who sit back as their serfs mine the new BecomeRichAsAMotherfucker resource is found under your land.

Thats what you fuckin do. PUSSY.

P.S.
Convert today, become a Christian, Jesus saves.

>cant be farmed

Start a cattle station
Rent out plots to gold diggers and take a cut of what they find
Sell it

Its nearly 5000 acres of land, use your head bruh

>you sit on it user, you sit on that motherfucking land because land only fucking appreciates.

You have no fucking idea what you're talking about. the vast majority of this country is uninhabitable wasteland that isn't even fit for mining. You could drop a nuke on it and nobody would even notice the difference.

Secede and make your own nation.

Fly farm

Bury bodies for the mob

have a festival there where you have a big effigy in the middle that you burn down at the end and everyone camps around it.

This is the best idea to be honest, so long as there isn't a hunk of gold under the ground.

second it on selling it to the chinese, they are buying tons of land. or if you are up for it start farming... you can either take a big payday now or even bigger payday 20 years down the road.

>Survey for natural resources
>Use for energy collection
>Music festivals
>develop
>etc

You need to give more specific details about the land, how far away from xyz is it, what is the local culture like, etc. Details man details

>vast majority of this country is uninhabitable that isn't even fit for mining.
oh shit, so you mean like the massive fucking mines in northern canada? that place so cold it will freeze a yeti's sack off?
or in the middle the deserts in Texas? where people spend millions just to own land to hunt several times a year. or the massive fucking oil refineries out there.
oh wait thats right, australia is fucking special none of this shit can happen. because its much worse than where ALL THE FUCKING SAND NIGGER CIVILIZATIONS ARE LOCATED AND OR HAVE THRIVED FOR THE PAST FUCKING 6000 YEARS.

land no matter where the fuck it is, what the fuck is on it, who the fuck lives near it, is valuable. always has been, always will be.
I MEAN FOR FUCKS SAKE! NATIONS FIGHT OVER WHO HAS JURISDICTION OF FUCKING ANTARCTICA!!

FUCK!

Sell small plots of the land as novelty gifts.

This is my dream

>not just buying a shitbox 4x4 and just driving around to see it
>not setting up a solar panel system to power basic appliances
>not building a shack
>not making meth, lsd or weed

I fuckin hate you so much op

why can't it be Veeky Forums - scamland?

can you give us coordinates?
so that we can check on google earth

1) grow poppies
2) grow cannabis
3) clan-labs (meth/MDxx)
4) dimitri
4)

God yes. Maybe those faggots will get overun with aborigines and fucking camel spiders.

Sorry about your grandad OP. Never really had one myself but still.

No earthly fucking clue other than test again and eather sell it off or let anons build a shitty tent city.

>2016
>not starting a club and having a 7 square mile rally car circuit...

I WILL TELL. this is trumos world now mutherfucker. All hail the emporer.

We'd xlaim your land but its full of faggots and kangaroos. Fuckoff before we sink that shitty island.

>Or sell it to the Chinese
Please don't sell it to the Chinese

Set up Barter Town.
BUILD THE THUNDERDOME.

yup selling energy in middle of nowhere, smart idea indeed...

Water well and panels = self sustaining city?

Make a race track/RALLY course

If he does find something, he might not have the rights to it.
in Australia, you dont automatically own whats below the ground even if you own the property.
Stupid I know, because it means a big mining company could just dig up your land without a second thought.

Underrated

ret me take that off your hands

>entering the farming sector
Farmers are fucked at the moment

You could raise cattle but it's probably best to just sell it as a nuclear waste dump.

You might wanna get it assayed again on minerals.
However you can't go wrong with leasing it to cattle ranching or tenement.

Oz has abundance of gold and minerals but you have take in consideration fesiablity of extraction alot of parts are just too remote or too small to really make it worth mining.